Wolverine's Healing Factor VS Deadpool Healing Factor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bflare
i heard that deadpool can regenerate his head from a blast. that seems so weird to me as i've never read this but wolverines like the epitome of his healing factor. other candidates are sabertooth. hulk and spidy has healing factors and hulks is actually just as good as wolvies or better imo.

anyway... wondering what you guys think about deadpools healing vs. wolverines.

VENOMfan
spidey dosent really have a healing factor this was discussed waaaay back in the day. he just heals faster than a regular human

althletes heal better than slouches just times that by ten and you get spidey, heals broken bones in a few days or weeks rather than months

I belive Deadpool's is better, Wolverine surviveing a nuke is just ridiculous and shouldnt be considered. So deadpool's regenerating from limbs has him beat

bflare
spiderman's healing facotr isn't bad at all. he can come back from a beating he just got last night and wake up the next morning to kiss mary jane and go back on saving the day again.

remember the time in the movie where spidy was losing his powers and jumped off a 8-10 story building. sure he felt some pain but it was nothing big. if we'd jump off that bulding... we'd be flat out dead with blood spilling all over.

then again... that just might be his durability

Swanky-Tuna
I think Hulk, Deadpool, and Sabretooth all have better regeneration than Wolverine on paper.

Jaster Fett
Dead Pool's healing factor was taken right from wolverine's, but after sometime it became weaker, Dead Pool use to be able to regenerate limbs but not anymore for now, they say it may come back in time. But if a limb is cut off he can keep the limb and reattch it. He also can't heal the scars on his skin.

Nataku8188
Dps healing is better than it's ever been thanks to Thanos reincarnating him. He's back to his original healing, which is superioer to Wolverine.

Jaster Fett
i haven't followed deadpool in a while but i like DeadPool he's got the best personality in the Marvel universe in my opinion.

long pig
From what I know Deadpools healing was derived from wolverines, but not as good.
I was told recently that he was given a healing boost from weapon x again a few years ago. (i dont know if its true, I only read DP from 98-2000)
So DPs healing should be a bit better than wolverines now, but at first it wasnt.
But yea, he should be able to heal his scars.
I dont think he had any powers prior to weapon x.

JWangSDC
Read cable/deadpool. Deadpool's healing is beyond Wolverine's.

savagerampage
I love deadpool comics they are hilarious reads

Nataku8188
Originally posted by long pig
From what I know Deadpools healing was derived from wolverines, but not as good.
I was told recently that he was given a healing boost from weapon x again a few years ago. (i dont know if its true, I only read DP from 98-2000)
So DPs healing should be a bit better than wolverines now, but at first it wasnt.
But yea, he should be able to heal his scars.
I dont think he had any powers prior to weapon x.

DPs was always better than Wolverines. The ability was derived from Wolvie's, but it was also improved. At the end of his series, DP rejoined Weapon X and got his regen rate boost greatly, but they took it away when he tried to kill the head honcho guy. Now his factor is back because Thanos Cursed him with life. I've heard people say that he no longer is cursed, but I haven't found, or can't remember, the comics stating that anywhere.

Linkalicious
What comic does Thanos curse Deadpool in? I bet that one must be hilarious!!!

srankmissingnin
Yeah its pretty funny there is a huge fight at his funeral then he regenerates his whole body from his hand in a couple ofe seconds. Deadpool's healing factor isn't at his full potential any more because Agent X is using half of it to keep himself alive.

wolverex84
wolverine's healing is batter than dead pool, the same with sabertooth, and not as fast/efficient as hulk. you guys should consider all other areas when it comes to healing factor, i don't see anything wrong in wolverine survining a nuck, only is skin and some of his flesh were burnt, but there is nothing his healing factor can't handle, dead pools healing might be faster but it is not as efficient and effective as wolverine's because wolverine's healing is natural, while dp is man-made. its all in the genes, wolverine and sabertooth, but not deadpool. so i guess is that dp just heals to cover wounds( by the way, i heared he can't die), while wolverine healing is an acellerated, regenerative, healing process.

Linkalicious
Say whhhaattt?

Wolverine was nuked down to his skeleton. It wasn't "his skin and some flesh"....it was the whole body. A nuke would char every ounce of DNA off that adamantium body leaving nothing to regenerate into.

Very recently I've seen Deadpool turn into a pile of goop only to reform himself. Wolverine, for a very long time, didn't have to reconstruct bones. Deadpool regens whole limbs in less than a day.

robert123421
The "scars" you note Deadpool can not heal away are actually tumors, that came from an unforeseen side affect where the addition of the regenerative ability given to Wade by the Weapon X caused the already helplessly developed cancer to spread through the merc's whole body, not having any affect on the healing factor afterwords, so i do not believe this to be a valid argument. Also, While Deadpool has been decapitated a couple dozen times, Prof. X theorized that decapitation, or even a spinal injury, could cause permanent damage to Wolverine, because the brain could not tell the other parts oh his body to heal. It should also be noted that the Ademantium bullet that Wolverine got shot with caused amnesia, while Deadpool (or even his clones) Take grievous head wounds practically every other issue with no ill consequence.

carver9
Its a tie imo but going by feats... wolvy is better.

juggernaut74
Logan's is by feats.

Lord_Talron
deadpool's is by feats

carver9
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
deadpool's is by feats

Why is deadpool healing factor better. Healing from being liquidized? Wolverine healed from having all the flesh ripped off of his bones. Wolverine was dipped in hot metal and healed in a couple of panels... he was nuked and healed etc, etc....

Mindset
Originally posted by carver9
Why is deadpool healing factor better. Healing from being liquidized? Wolverine healed from having all the flesh ripped off of his bones. Wolverine was dipped in hot metal and healed in a couple of panels... he was nuked and healed etc, etc.... Having your full skeleton to heal from is easier than healing from liquid imo.

DP also regened from a hand.

juggernaut74
Who's healing factor has been portrayed as better during their fights?

Lord_Talron
deadpools.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by carver9
Why is deadpool healing factor better. Healing from being liquidized? Wolverine healed from having all the flesh ripped off of his bones. Wolverine was dipped in hot metal and healed in a couple of panels... he was nuked and healed etc, etc....

Healing from a mass of liquid > Healing from bones.

StyleTime
Honestly, their healing factors are roughly interchangeable.

Sr J-Bieb
I'm glad everyone agrees that Deadpool's is better.

I was expecting something different when I entered the thread.

their high end regen feats are equal. DP's average is higher.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by 753
their high end average regen feats are equal. DP's average high-end is higher.

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
nah

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I was expecting something different when I entered the thread.

Sin I AM
lol they are roughly equal..........Wolverine deals with adamantium poisoning 24/7, lus his body arts cant be seperated like wades so reattaching limbs and such is a weak argument, even the goo regen

Anthol
Deadpool hands down.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol they are roughly equal..........Wolverine deals with adamantium poisoning 24/7, lus his body arts cant be seperated like wades so reattaching limbs and such is a weak argument, even the goo regen Wolverine doesn't suffer from adamantium poisoning.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mindset
Wolverine doesn't suffer from adamantium poisoning.

since when?

Mindset
Since his he got it back from Apoc iirc.

-K-M-
Since his he got it back from Apoc iirc.

Naaaa still suffers from it. Even mentioned at the end of House of M he would die if he didn't have his healing factor.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine doesn't suffer from adamantium poisoning.

That's true but it was quickly ignored by subsequent writers.

Anthol
Originally posted by -K-M-
Naaaa still suffers from it. Even mentioned at the end of House of M he would die if he didn't have his healing factor.
Someone told me house of m isn't cannon.

King Castle
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
That's true but it was quickly ignored by subsequent writers. that is true and i agree cool

Mindset
Naaaa still suffers from it. Even mentioned at the end of House of M he would die if he didn't have his healing factor. House of M was dubious with its character portrayals. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
That's true but it was quickly ignored by subsequent writers. It has been brought up recently?

-K-M-
That's true but it was quickly ignored by subsequent writers.

Pretty much. Like Sabretooth having adamantium as well

Originally posted by Anthol
Someone told me house of m isn't cannon.

It is.

Anthol
Pretty much. Like Sabretooth having adamantium as well

It is.
kk

srankmissingnin
House of M was dubious with its character portrayals. It has been brought up recently?

Post HoM Cyclops was worried about it, it was brought up again in the adjective-less X-Men (I don't think it was Legacy yet) Children of the Vault (or the arc after it) and most recently in has been brought up in the current Uncanny run Quarantine.

Sin I AM
meh, then you are mistaken because its been used consistently in his books since

Is anyone reading his new min the best there is trials?...hes about to have some more healing feats

Mindset
Post HoM Cyclops was worried about it, it was brought up again in the adjective-less X-Men (I don't think it was Legacy yet) Children of the Vault (or the arc after it) and most recently in has been brought up in the current Uncanny run Quarantine. I don't remember any of these and I have every Wolverine appearance in history.

srankmissingnin
I don't remember any of these and I have every Wolverine appearance in history.

Hehe.

Adamantium poisoning is also the reason Wolverine is largely absent from the current Age of X, X-Men event but it's non-canon.

Mindset
8YO0EmMrmRA

Sin I AM

concession accepted roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
concession accepted roll eyes (sarcastic) You're taking this too seriously...

Parmaniac
I don't remember any of these and I have every Wolverine appearance in history. Don't let these liars get away with this.

Lord_Talron
wolverine appeared in 52 dc series in the 1980s that werent crossovers. do you have those?

Mindset
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
wolverine appeared in 52 dc series in the 1980s that werent crossovers. do you have those? I have every comic ever printed.

Parmaniac
And that will be printed.

Mindset
thumb up

Lord_Talron
what about that one series from from the year 4000 thats programed to disintegrate if you ever plan on owning it?

Sin I AM
You're taking this too seriously...

smokin' stop being so emotional

-K-M-
Awwwww snap

Mindset
I don't "own" them.

Through article 21 of the shadow proclamation I'm able to have them in my possession.

Mindset
smokin' stop being so emotional Alpha males don't get emotional, woman.

And I'm the alpha of the alphas.

-K-M-
I don't "own" them.

Through article 21 of the shadow proclamation I'm able to have them in my possession.

Did you just make a Dr.Who reference?

Parmaniac
Did you just make a Dr.Who reference? If anything Dr. Who made a Mindset reference.

-K-M-
MIND = BLOWN

Lord_Talron
gwahgwahgwah

Mindset
Originally posted by Parmaniac
If anything Dr. Who made a Mindset reference.

http://i52.tinypic.com/34qu3qd.gif

-K-M-
Damn it! Put those glasses on!

Mindset
http://i53.tinypic.com/1gq62u.gif

Parmaniac
laughing laughing laughing laughing

Sin I AM
Alpha males don't get emotional, woman.

And I'm the alpha of the alphas.

roll eyes (sarcastic) .......such chauvinistic bravado, you must be a master with the fairer sex

Lord_Talron
to be fair, he hasnt mastered sex

Tha C-Master
Mindset is the sexiest man alive and gets more girls than you can shake a stick at.

Anyways Deadpool.

Sin I AM
^cheerlead much?

and their equal

Mindset
roll eyes (sarcastic) .......such chauvinistic bravado, you must be a master with the fairer sex Originally posted by Mindset
http://i53.tinypic.com/1gq62u.gif

Tha C-Master
^cheerlead much?

and their equal Only for Mr. Sexy.

Mindset
Don't fault CM for speaking the truth.

Tha C-Master
Women do that when they have a crush and they're intimidated, you know that all too well. They're teasing you is more like subtle love messages. stick out tongue

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Mindset is the sexiest man alive and gets more girls than you can shake a stick at.

Anyways Deadpool.

...Ouch, dude.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by -Pr-
...Ouch, dude. What did I do now?

CosmicComet
http://hansbbans.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/situation1.gif

knight_radiant
In deadpool 2008 its said that dp healing factor is so extreme that if the cancer was not so aggressive dps healing factor would consume him (the with the curse of life from thanos he would likely explode and reform endlessly) and osborn created a cure for cancer which he gave to the thunderbots to use to kill DP. So DP is constantly been consumed by cancer and healing every second of the day plus his numerous wound's through out a fight while wolvs (sometimes has adimant poisoning) DP healing factor wins in my book hands down but if you class thanos curse as part of DPs healing factor as in an upgraded healing factor (due to wade not naturally having a healing factor but added so later on the curse could be classed as another addition) DP's overall healing ability greatly overcomes wolvies and the hulk is possibly the only other marvel hero (not including the "god" like characters) to match healing capability's.

on a separate not has DP and carnage ever came together? that would be so funny

Mindset
This was a 10/10 bump.

Classic Mindset posts itt.

carver9
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Women do that when they have a crush and they're intimidated, you know that all too well. They're teasing you is more like subtle love messages. stick out tongue

I miss this guy. What forum is he on?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.