Pimp My Lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Janus
I came across this replica of Mace's lightsaber. All gold and chrome and pimped out. Surprised it's not lowered, too.

And while I've got your attention, I was gonna ask in general if anyone knew why he had a purple blade. Is that part of his uniqueness as a minority Jedi master or is there some deeper, darker purpose? Hmm... that didn't pan out so well on screen as it did in my head. It's way to early in the morning for this.

Darth_Janus
And a rare shot of Mace when he's not killing Mandalorians.

Darth_Janus
And lastly, a gaggle of lightsaber handles I've seen somewhere.

Ogami Itto
u know its purple because SLJ asked Lucas for it! but it'd b cool if there was SOME explanation in the movies for it! i mean he's the ONLY one with a different color!!! it seems a bit flash and stylised for a Jedi. a Jedi shouldn't care what colour his blade is IMHO

Darth Mantis
I have no clue. Maybe to stand out from the rest of the jedi to show that he is unique because of his accomplishments.

Darth Mantis
I own a replica.

SithSpy
yeah i own a forcefx replica, but i agree, this was in another thread somewhere about how mace was a jedi pimp with his gold laced prpl llightsaber

BTW Janus, that pic is hillarious

jackstain
nice steal of my picture janus!

jackstain
thats what maces lightsaber looks like all of the time, ur just now noticing it?

ArthasKnight
I like it, makes him more unique. I mean, I hate the color purple but I like that he has a purple lightsaber because it's different. Mace is my favorite Jedi character and I like how his lightsaber is one of a kind.

Darth_Glentract
This may have been said somewhere, but it was thought for a while that he used a puple blade to show he was once a Dark Jedi or something because blue and red make purple. The statement made by others is that he asked for it because he liked the color and George Lucas wanted him to stand out anyways and that is how they chose to do that.

ArthasKnight
I don't buy into that "Mace is a traitor" thing some people are starting to believe. I believe that is what Sam said he wanted.

Jedi_KnightAlly
If, its any idea's in the tv spots for ATOC,
IT says mace uses a Electrum lightsaber
whereas in obiwans tv spot it says he uses a crystal lightsaber.
Any idea's?

¨†¨The Mystíc¨†
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
And lastly, a gaggle of lightsaber handles I've seen somewhere.
Looks very fake. It looks like the toys laughing out loud

Darth_Janus
Thanks to Jackstain for the picture of golfing Mace. I merely added the colors.

As for the gaggle of hilts, they're a preview pic for a mod pack for Jedi Academy made by the somebody with a bit more talent than I. They're models of the prequel hilts.

And, as for the blade color, I actually like it. Purple's not a color I'd stick on many things in life, but for a lightsaber its fitting. In particular, having a black robed Sith lord with pale skin and a purple saber is a nice touch, as the red sabers in the games tend to look on the orange side.

jackstain
GL has said that the only reason it is pruple is because sam jackson asked to have a different color, because he thought he shuld be different.

as for the electrum thing....the handle is made from electrum material......in essence, theyre all crystal lightsabers, its just to add to the effect of the commercial.

GregminiMalak
Well if u played the old republic each colu stands for a different jedi liek a blue is for a jedi guardian witch is always ready for battle so i wander wat purple would stand for maybe becasue he's black not that im racial lol

GregminiMalak
the weridest thing would be a yellow lightsaber has any1 ever seen one? or a white lightsaver that would be cool,or a pink u kno a real jedi wears pink lol

Darth Mantis
Cyan & Bronze... Brings a tear to my eye...

exanda kane
they've probably come up with a reason for the purple. Of course you have to compensate considering SLJ usually legs it around with a nice little hand cannon and affro. But i've seen SW graphic novels of KOTOR with a purple lightsaber. I tend to find that regular blue and red suit most things.

MasterJedi1337
sweet

Deadlyshot07
I personally think that Mace Windu's purple lightsaber is tight. I mean all the other jedi have blue or green lightsabers and Mace has a purple one.

jackstain
there is no reason for the purple, he just wanted to be different, can u guys read?

Otaku_Sith
I found this pic where Darth Bane is wielding a purple lightsaber(i know it doesn't have anything to do with it).But it still is kinda strange.

Darth Ridah
I think it would suck to have a oddly colored lightsaber, if you were an imperial trooper & you saw a jedi with a funky lookin blade, tell me you wouldn't shoot at his a$$ first......

Fishy
Like a normal soldier would have a chance of killing a Jedi with a blaster...

Darth Ridah
stranger things have happened, look at how far Luke made it

jackstain
Originally posted by Darth Ridah
I think it would suck to have a oddly colored lightsaber, if you were an imperial trooper & you saw a jedi with a funky lookin blade, tell me you wouldn't shoot at his a$$ first......

yeah but if u were a trooper and u shot mace windu first, u'd be the first to die.

Otaku_Sith
if he shot Mace Windu,Mace would probably be dead wouldn't he.

Fishy
If he shot him then yes, if he shot at him then no... Mace would reflect the attack and the guy would die

Otaku_Sith
jep but he said if he shot mace Windu,that means he would probabaly be dead.

xxxpoppunker182
omg it takes way more than one average trooper to take out any jedi especially a master like mace. but his saber is purple because he asked for it dur thats the explanation if you guys wanna make something else to go along with it then be my guest but thats the reason why its purple.

Darth Ridah
well folks, tell ya what... you line MR. Mace windu up & tell him to let me shoot at him, if I hit then well.... I was right.... & if I don't then geez I guess I won't be able to post on here anymore,

P.S. the purple lighsaber is still gay, thanks for the backup fishy, & most of you people need more hobbies..........

rest in pi$$ ("( Darth Ridah )"wink

Otaku_Sith
What are your hobbies master ridah show me your life...?

Fishy
I wasn't backing you up, I was just saying that IF you hit then he would be dead, you will never hit though..

hayden's minx
It's primarily because SLJ told Lucas he wanted to look special and stand out more. they explained it by saying that it was a different kind of crystal that mace used when he built it and he favours the different blade - I also read somewhere that it is more similar to the crystals the sithuse in their saber and "It's brings Mace Windu close to saber skills of the Dark side"

Darth_Janus
First off, if you dislike purple, that's your own personal opinion, but try and respect others.

Second, Mace Windu can reflect shots like nobody's business, so you couldn't shoot him if you tried.

Third, be nicer to everyone. There's already a handfull of assholes about. Try not to lump yourself in with them already.

Darth Ridah
like I said, prove it. When you can then we'll have a chat about what he can or can't deflect, also yup I don't like purple, & I really don't have to be nice to anyone, if you don't like what I have to say about somthing or towards someone T.S. only thing I can say about that is don't take internet trash talking to seriously.... either that or go play in traffic big grin

& P.S. otaku, what do ya wanna know? What the f**k?

Darth Mantis
Hey how much is it for a life size replica of a lightsaber hilt...

GeraKhan
The reason why it's purple is SIMPLE. VAPAAD, Mace's light sabre technique, blends the darkside with the lightside. RED (darkside) and BLUE (lightside) makes purple.

It's as logical as anything else--maybe it's a SYMBOLIC color because of his sabre technique. wink

makten
i remember reading something about the blade's colour is determined by the crystal the user uses...
and i read another thing about there are different types of battle styles for the jedis...i think there's four types...and mace windu was the fourth which is the closest style to the siths' fighting style (more aggressive)
so i guess mace windu was always a bit more sith like maybe...in his fighting associated matters of course...

Otaku_Sith

cfrisk
If you bought the phantom menace mace windu he had a blue light-saber I was just wondering if anybody else knew that

cfrisk
also Ki adi mundi had a purple light-saber in the phantom menace figures but blue in the rest........ The reason he was supposed to have a purple one was he had more than one wife, but the jedi council permitted it because his species had very low numbers

Wickerman
the reason i knew of initially was the same that's already been stated, that SLJ wanted a purple lightsaber. However, i also found out two more things:
1. About the Vaapad technique thing
2. in clone wars in something like...chapter....15 or so (can't remember, too lazy to look up), when the jedi temple where the crystals exist is attacked, it shows it from a distance and you can see blue, green and a few purple crystals.

So this is how i see it:
SLJ wanted a purple lightsaber. The Vaapad thing came in extremely handy and gave an explanation. And finally, the clone wars thing cemented it.

~wickerman~

TraptUnderIce
SLJ wanted it so his kids could see which one he was in the colosseum part of AOTC.

Wickerman
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
SLJ wanted it so his kids could see which one he was in the colosseum part of AOTC.

i take it they have multiple seeing/hearing conditions in that case, since if you can't recognize your own father or his voice....well.....you have problems if you need a purple lightsaber to recognize him

~wickerman~

Darth Zhin
perhaps he was refering to those bird-eye shots......

Swanky-Tuna
I thought we were going to be showing off pimp lightsabers in this thread.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/geekery/panzysabers.jpg

Darth Ridah
whatever what ever, that purple lightsaber is still g@y as hell, & thats that Happy Dance

Swanky-Tuna
whatever what ever, that purple lightsaber is still g@y as hell, & thats that Happy Dance
What about the silver one with purple and pink jewels? Surely that is pimp.

Darth Ridah
I don't like any of the other colors really, feel that the only true lightsabers should be red vs. blue & maybe a green or two, (Jedi don't get the cool costumes like the sith so they get an extra color) good vs. evil & all that mess, when you start gettting into other colors "purple" for example & say some sh!t like "oh he's half sith & half Jedi" you're just smearing the line & pissing all over everything that is right & wrong about the light & dark side.

Wickerman
I don't like any of the other colors really, feel that the only true lightsabers should be red vs. blue & maybe a green or two, (Jedi don't get the cool costumes like the sith so they get an extra color) good vs. evil & all that mess, when you start gettting into other colors "purple" for example & say some sh!t like "oh he's half sith & half Jedi" you're just smearing the line & pissing all over everything that is right & wrong about the light & dark side.

personally i agree with you on the "half this half that" crap. i have to tell you, i blame it all on anime (anime = lack of originality). Anyway, as much as i agree with you on that, i don't think the reason his LS is purple is because it's half this half that. But it is an interesting argument.

~wickerman~

ps: Swanky Tuna if i see you with a LS like that walkin down the street i might just swoop you off your feet and make sweaty sweet sweet love to you
love

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Wickerman
ps: Swanky Tuna if i see you with a LS like that walkin down the street i might just swoop you off your feet and make sweaty sweet sweet love to you
love
Hahaha... if I were ever to be a jedi or sith, I would have to have a girly saber like the silver one. They'd be all like "Isn't that the dude with the lightsaber with the pink hearts on it?" I'd be soooo in their head. Messing with their mind.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Hahaha... if I were ever to be a jedi or sith, I would have to have a girly saber like the silver one. They'd be all like "Isn't that the dude with the lightsaber with the pink hearts on it?" I'd be soooo in their head. Messing with their mind.

lol, definitely. i'd be "That sith dressed in purple and with a feather at the hat and with the yellow fat@ss nikes and the heart covered lightsaber"

I'd scare the crap out of everyone

~wickerman~

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Wickerman
lol, definitely. i'd be "That sith dressed in purple and with a feather at the hat and with the yellow fat@ss nikes and the heart covered lightsaber"

I'd scare the crap out of everyone
I couldn't even describe what lengths I would go to look ridiculous. I'd be sporting things like, but not limited to, Chairman Kaga style suits, Dumb & Dumber styled fur boots, giant foam cowboy hats, Richie Tenenbaum style headbands, knee/elbow pads, bowties, tophats, etc.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I couldn't even describe what lengths I would go to look ridiculous. I'd be sporting things like, but not limited to, Chairman Kaga style suits, Dumb & Dumber styled fur boots, giant foam cowboy hats, Richie Tenenbaum style headbands, knee/elbow pads, bowties, tophats, etc.

OMG you have to copyright that image. But i think a gold not silver LS would be more proper for that outfit.

~wickerman~

Hybris
It's just Sam that wanted a purple saber, and George Lucas let him have it http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/starwars.gif

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
GL has said that the only reason it is pruple is because sam jackson asked to have a different color, because he thought he shuld be different.

as for the electrum thing....the handle is made from electrum material......in essence, theyre all crystal lightsabers, its just to add to the effect of the commercial.

Actually, this is incorrect. I saw on ET with an interview with Jackson about Episode two that he actually did not like purple. Don't know if it's true but he said it himself.

Pyro Dan
the purple lightsaber is the strongest blade and the crystal involved to make it purple is rather rare

Veneficus
Originally posted by Pyro Dan
the purple lightsaber is the strongest blade and the crystal involved to make it purple is rather rare

First of all this thread is ancient so there is no reason to dig it up...and second of all...WTF are you talking about?

Deus Ex
.Jack shit apparently.

masterkit
I watched a thing on AOTC special features they said.

GL:There is blue and there is green lightsabers thats it
SLJ: What about purple?
GL: U mite git one

Lord-Nihilus
Originally posted by Fishy
Like a normal soldier would have a chance of killing a Jedi with a blaster...

well, they're not normal soldiers are they, they're clone troopers from Jango fett, and he killed a jedi with a two blaster pistols.

Veneficus
Originally posted by masterkit
I watched a thing on AOTC special features they said.

GL:There is blue and there is green lightsabers thats it
SLJ: What about purple?
GL: U mite git one

Why is GL so colored limited...I mean that would been friggin awsome for episdode 2 to see the Jedi fighting in the arena with yellow, oranage, purple, and all the other colors (except red of course)

General Zink
Not really, IMO. I'm fine with those staying in the EU.

Admiral Akbar
The colors green and blue are easier to use when film making. But its easier to deperate people, green is like a councillor who is not heavy in the fighting but is deep with the force and blue is the color for warriors. People who can fight and fight well often.

Captain REX
Then what does that make Yoda? blink

Tru_Slice
I think that ever since the coolness of Luke's green blade in ROTJ, it was abused in the prequel films. Green was awesome when Luke used it. It looked awesome when Yoda used it. But that's it.

spekdah
Oh man , I cant believe you guys dont see the REAL reason Maces' sabre is purple.
It was done on purpose to symbolise Mace Windus' big long purple beast he keeps wrapped around his leg for all dem horny young female padawans he gives private ''sabre'' lessons to.
Rumor has it he originally wanted his purple blade to be all floppy so as to throw over his shoulder to further invigerate the ladies.

there was a line cut from EPII where mace says " I will gather as many Jedi as possible" right after that he originally said " and get to Geonosis right after I f**k sum asses".

spekdah
Yoda apparently put a stop to Maces " pimpy' image citing his concerns over the rise of STD-Kit purchases amongst female Padawans who also seemed to now walk strange

Tru_Slice
I fixed your pic Deus:

Deus Ex
Very nice! Photoshop?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.