Link Vs. Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DracotheDragon
OK, time to re-open this thread, you all know what to do.

Dizzle
NO! Can't vote.... against.... either.... favorite video game characters.... ever!!! Shit, I can't decide.

If Link gets access to all of his powers ever, I'd go with him (Nayru's Love AND the Fierce Deity Mask at the SAME TIME? <drools&gtwink. If not, the eternal badass, the big S, that guy whos a really really really big pain in the ass in Kingdom Hearts, Sephiroth.

Though if this is the KH incarnation of Seph, it's no contest. SIN HARVEST, Link has 1 hp and mana, then he dies.

mr.smiley
sephiroth.
if link had some help he could take him but not alone.
unless your taling kingdom hearts sephiroth

Dizzle
Hey, if you put it into perspective, Sora beats the shit out of Cloud and Squall at the same time, then you turn around and Sephiroth's pretty freaking hard. (takes a bit to get used to countering Sin Harvest in time anyway)

And Link could take him if He was allowed the use of Nayru's love and the Fierce Deity at the same time. Or the giant mask. And then there's Biggoron's Sword and the sword shooting powers, plus bow skills, bomb arrows (you could in some of the 2D ones), and the ever helpful fairy thing that tells you how to kill each and every boss. Oh, and I forgot light arrows. Sephiroth's evil enough to get eaten by those. And with Wind Waker's battle system the counter moves are godly... If he gets access to everything at once, Link's really really hard to beat.

AdventChild
freakin idiots!! who in the world would pick link! if you knew anything about BOTH characters you'd choose Sephiroth....AND WHY DOES EVERYONE BASE SEPHIROTH OFF OF KINGDOM HEARTS!!!! PLAY FF7!!

Lord Ryugen
I love this thread. Thanks Draco really big grin

Now onto the subject at hand. First of all Advent Child is right KH Sephiroth should not be used unless specified. FF Sephiroth is the original and more powerful version. Now as always when I'm defending Sephy I'm going to write down his achievements and the extent of his power. Note this is in order.
1. Received much higher doses of Mako and J cells than regular SOLDIER recruits.
2. Was the most highly trained and most powerful member of the SOLDIER elite.
3. Was the general who lead Shinra to victory against Wutai (not sure on this one)
4. Was unable to receive damage from monsters in Nibelhem.
5. Tore apart a large marble or steel statue with his bare hands.
6. Survived being thrown into the lifestream without mental damage.
7. Survived being trapped in a large materia crystal for a number of years.
8. While trapped in materia was able to create an astral projection or take over one of his clones and imbue with powers such as flight and phasing. The clone then, killed the upper levels of Shinra Inc, stole Jenova, killed the Midgar Serpent and impaled the head through a tree, drop at least a hundred feet to kill Aerith.
9. Once freed by Cloud was able to generate a shield so powerful only the Sister ray was able to penetrate it. Note he did this while holding back the planet's most powerful weapon Holy.
10. Still holding back Holy he had enough power to completely immobilise AVALANCHE until Aerith's Prayer came into effect.

It is these ten reasons I think Sephiroth has the power and experience to defeat Link. Not to say he doesn't have a chance but even with his best items a full powered Sephiroth is too much to handle.

Dizzle
Hahahah, I know, I really don't see Link winning this, I'm just a die hard Zelda fanboy and such. Though very technically, if he could wear 2 masks and had a lot of magic, Link could win. My favorite Nayru's Love+Giant+Fierce deity combo. Big ass helix sword thing, At least hundreds of times larger than normal, and invincible. Other than cheating like that, we all know it's not happening.

DracotheDragon
Tsk tsk all, what, experience just flew out the window or what? big grin Link has way more experience from having to do all his quests from scratch, whereas sephiroth was given all his, so therefore, link has to be superior there. Oh, and I seem to remember Sephiroth getting his ass kicked by a kid with a key, so I think Link, with his evil banishing sword would kick sephiroth's ass. HA, beat that! big grin

NinjaJJ
It depends on what sephiroth he fights...

Normal: Sephiroth like... totally lose... Link has his mirror shield to reflect all Sephyrotten's magic.
Link could also use the shield to protect himself and counter quick with his arrows (His sword has way to short reach for Sephyrotten... unless he does his soul calibur skills and dodge the sword, roll and flips and stuff)

The Bizarro guy:
I dont really know.
Anyway... it would be a REAAAAAAAAAAAllly long battle...

Safe dude: Sephyroth would win... or Link...
I dont really know...

and the link he is fighting:

Grown dude: He is much stronger compared to his smaller size, but so very much slower... The weakest form of the links.

Young Linker: He has everything Grown Link has + better speed + smaller size ((Like Link wasnt small enough in his original form))
And he got the magical masks that Grownie cant wear.
Believe it or not but this guy is alot stronger than Grown.
Sephyrotten will have a hard time with him...

Wind Waker: The fastest Link and the one with the best sword-skills being able to fight four 5 times sized stronger knights each equipped with a buster sword and almost-unbreakable armor.
Sadly this guy has no real good magic but that makes up for his superior strength, speed and humanly-not possible sword-skills.

Lord Ryugen
Normal Sephorth: Not a hope in hell, read my ten fun facts on Seph.
Bizzaro Sephiroth: Possible but not likely, remember you have to do damage to most if not all of Sephiroth's body parts to be able to strike the core.
Seraph Sephiroth: Seraph is stronger than Bizzaro and can perform Supernova can't see Link pulling out a win.
Weakened Sephiroth: The last version you fight is the only one I'd say Link would beat. But then again Seph had almost no power left and had been destroyed twice in a row.

SaTsuJiN
yeah but link fought plausible 1 v 1 battles that usually took a ring or an arena... something like seph took cloud and the gang 3 parties ( I think ) and an entire cavern (involving those crazy moves like supernova and knights of the round).. anything link ever did never went out of bounds like that

Lord Ryugen
I take it you're talking about the Bizzaro battle where you split your team into three seperate parties.

Jedi_KnightAlly
WTF is this kingdom of hearts crap, Sephiroth is the bad guy in FF7, don't use any other imitations or versions of him. Advent child is right. Plus, i don't think link would have a hope in hell.

shangheid
Stop refering to the Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth...We are ferering to FFVII not the one that got beat by a key stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
I would like to say that its not an even matchup at all.. why are we even considering possibilities of how the battle would go?.. its pointless really

Lord Ryugen
How is this fight not an even match up Satsujin?

Lord Shadow Z
Sephiroth is the winner for me. He's too powerful and has the attitude to match.

The Are
You guys are just sad..... Link is all powerful and fully capable of practically anything, and after all, he just might have been a real person (except not doing everything he does in game). Do some research on that Triforce will ya???

You can't compare these two. Sephiroth looks devilish, but keep this in mind for some time: most of the overly worshipped idols like Sephiroth always have to be half something to be great. There are NUMEROUS examples, like Dante, Inuyasha, Sesshourmaru, Gohan (Gohan's raw though) and more. Link has a natural talent for the sword, and he's just a normal person. If he can do everything we've witnessed him do throughout his many lifetimes, putting on the Deity Mask practically makes him a god-- and more. If Dante was not half demon, no more high jumping, no more sword swinging, and just forget about the gun precision.... You saw how Inuyasha got his sinuses got beat when he became human, and all it takes is a black felt pen. Gohan can still be Gohan even if he was human- take it from Krillin. But it still was thanks to his half-saiyan side.

Link Is.

Lord Ryugen
Erm Are, I hate to break this to you but Sephiroth isn't half anything he's a human that recieved massive enhancments due to genetic enginering, (Jenova Cell Treatment) along with Mako enhancment. His mother is Luceira a scientist who worked for Hojo. His father is either Hojo himself or Vincent Valentine. Sephiroth thinks he's an Ancient because Jenova was manipulating his mind.

And of course Link would win with the Tri-force, I'm as big a Sephiroth fan as you can find and I admit that.

Ketchuptome
I say Seph.. In Advent child the movie when cloud jumps off his motorcycle Seph was pretty fast

TrAnCeDuO
Originally posted by The Are
You guys are just sad..... Link is all powerful and fully capable of practically anything, and after all, he just might have been a real person (except not doing everything he does in game). Do some research on that Triforce will ya???

You can't compare these two. Sephiroth looks devilish, but keep this in mind for some time: most of the overly worshipped idols like Sephiroth always have to be half something to be great. There are NUMEROUS examples, like Dante, Inuyasha, Sesshourmaru, Gohan (Gohan's raw though) and more. Link has a natural talent for the sword, and he's just a normal person. If he can do everything we've witnessed him do throughout his many lifetimes, putting on the Deity Mask practically makes him a god-- and more. If Dante was not half demon, no more high jumping, no more sword swinging, and just forget about the gun precision.... You saw how Inuyasha got his sinuses got beat when he became human, and all it takes is a black felt pen. Gohan can still be Gohan even if he was human- take it from Krillin. But it still was thanks to his half-saiyan side.

Link Is.

...wow

was there any point made in that pigslop you call a post?

SaTsuJiN
he was just saying most of the elite gaming mascots are half-demon or half-something to be as powerful as they are now.. where as link is 100% of what he is.. (although I thought he was hylian) Are says he's human.

TrAnCeDuO
well sephy is(or was) pretty much human when he served in the military. i mean we didnt exactly see him train but its pretty safe to assume it. Even if Sephy did receive help from mako cells that help would also be on par with link receiving magic, the master sword, the fire wind and love spells, and other items. so in the the end neither of them are really fighting with what they originally had but with what they had earned in their journeys.

The Are
As I said, some alteration of the mascot, a tragic flaw in the programing..... I have nothing against Sephiroth, just that I do NOT like game idols that aren't exactly what they are (he is human BUT---). Link is who is he, and doesn't need excess power ups or no kamehameha or spirit bomb etc.

DracotheDragon
Right on The Are, right on.... Anyway, Link... *sigh* I can't even begin to start on his abilities, he has to many, and sephiroth, I agree, has to many also, but, link had to earn his, and again, I have to point this out, Sephiroth was GIVEN his, he did not raise a finger to earn his. Therefore, link has more experience, and more strength, as Link has to use his brain, which most people don't have, to solve hard puzzles and think up strategies to defeat strong enemies, whereas, Sephiroth just hacks and slashes till he can't anymore, or until he's dead. Sometimes, hacking and slashing do not work, it takes smarts to beat people like sephiroth, and Link has smarts.

Ketchuptome
big grin

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by DracotheDragon
Right on The Are, right on.... Anyway, Link... *sigh* I can't even begin to start on his abilities, he has to many, and sephiroth, I agree, has to many also, but, link had to earn his, and again, I have to point this out, Sephiroth was GIVEN his, he did not raise a finger to earn his. Therefore, link has more experience, and more strength, as Link has to use his brain, which most people don't have, to solve hard puzzles and think up strategies to defeat strong enemies, whereas, Sephiroth just hacks and slashes till he can't anymore, or until he's dead. Sometimes, hacking and slashing do not work, it takes smarts to beat people like sephiroth, and Link has smarts.

True Draco Sephiroth recived his power however this does not make it any less potent or him any less experienced than Link. Remember Seph already showed he could use the power as he wished. And smarts or no smarts sooner or later Link will have to go sword to sword with Sephiorth, and Link can have all the natrual talent in the world I'll bet on the guy who recieved elite traning all his life.

DracotheDragon
... erm

Lord Ryugen
What? confused

Ketchuptome
blink

TrAnCeDuO
oh its just a box...

Grd Adm. Thrawn
Sephiroth would defeat link without breaking a sweat after all sephiroth is a God at the end of FF 7

fopret
When you see the truth,Sephiroth is superior i mean hes a GOD!

shadow12
i say sephiroth

fopret
Yeah,someone who knows the truth

DaRk Lotus
Tsk tsk all, what, experience just flew out the window or what? big grin Link has way more experience from having to do all his quests from scratch, whereas sephiroth was given all his, so therefore, link has to be superior there. Oh, and I seem to remember Sephiroth getting his ass kicked by a kid with a key, so I think Link, with his evil banishing sword would kick sephiroth's ass. HA, beat that! big grin

you can't blame him for that when sephiroth to be beaten by a kid with a key when it was his programing to lose to him at all. smile but if there was a different ending thea it would be different.

Gen. Grevious
And Draco have you actually seen him in action in Kingdom Hearts you cant stand near him for more than 2 seconds or you will be killed,could Link do that Huh?

Lord Ryugen
Sephiroth was never a God, he came close but he needed Meteor to slam the planet so he could absorb the Lifestream. However this is irrelevent since he was still far above anyone else in terms of power and strength. And yes it does take KH Seph about 2 to 3 seconds to kill Sora.

Gen. Grevious
Yeah he could wipe the floor with link in a second,have you seen him use the one hit KO attack-whats it called um......sin something.

radioboy121
Sin Harvest. I didn't hear it clear the first time myself, until it was clarified when searching the Internet. Pronunciate more clearly Lance Bass.

Ketchuptome
What does Sin Harvest do?

Dizzle
1 health and 0 mana instantly. You have maybe a half a second to throw your key at him to block it.

Link can still win with my super combo though. God or no god, a giant magic powered Helix Sword crashing down on you from another god will kill you good. Holy ain't got shit. And no, he isn't dodging it. Cuz Link is just as fast at giant size as he is normally. Oh, and Seph isn't killing my Link as he's actively using Nayru's Love, making him invincible. (yes Fierce DEITY aka OniLink is pretty much a god)

Lord Ryugen
This is Majoras Mask Link right?

TrAnCeDuO
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
This is Majoras Mask Link right?
yes it is

Originally posted by Dizzle
1 health and 0 mana instantly. You have maybe a half a second to throw your key at him to block it.

Link can still win with my super combo though. God or no god, a giant magic powered Helix Sword crashing down on you from another god will kill you good. Holy ain't got shit. And no, he isn't dodging it. Cuz Link is just as fast at giant size as he is normally. Oh, and Seph isn't killing my Link as he's actively using Nayru's Love, making him invincible. (yes Fierce DEITY aka OniLink is pretty much a god)

i dont think link has any limit breaks or potions that can counter that so hes pretty screwed.

Gen. Grevious
yeah!

Lord Ryugen
Hmm I've never played Majoras Mask so I don't know that Links capabilities, however given my three years of studying sephiorth (God I'm a fanboy big grin ) Sephiroth should be able to take down most incarnations of Link.

DaRk Lotus
but also link has a small amount of sutff to use and when link runs out Sephiorth WILL go on a killing spree smile on links ass

shadow12
Originally posted by DaRk Lotus
but also link has a small amount of sutff to use and when link runs out Sephiorth WILL go on a killing spree smile on links ass
yeah but he would be good at using it sparingly

Dizzle
Hmm I've never played Majoras Mask so I don't know that Links capabilities, however given my three years of studying sephiorth (God I'm a fanboy big grin ) Sephiroth should be able to take down most incarnations of Link.

Agreed. But if you mash every incarnation of Link into one (give im access to every one of his items and spells) I think Link might stand a chance.

Lord Ryugen
If you mashed all the incarnations of Link together you'd probably have the most powerful hero in creation so lets not do that kay? Anyhow I maintain that Sephiroth will kill most Link incarnations except Link with triforce or possibly Onilink.

Dizzle
OniLink and Seph would probly be a very good fight... And you forgot Giant Link. He's only a non factor in the games cuz you can only use him for 1 dungeon boss fight, where Fierce Deity is available only to fight the end boss of the game, and is much more badass. Giants are kind of cheating though.

And if they start far enough away, one light arrow would probly take out Seph straight away (pure holy light, I'm pretty sure. Works really really good against evil stuff. They're the only way to kill Ganandorf at least)

Lord Ryugen
I don't see any reason we can't use oniLink and Giant Link, after all I'm using a version of Sephiroth that no one ever fought.

Lord Ryugen
I don't see any reason we can't use oniLink and Giant Link, after all I'm using a version of Sephiroth that no one ever fought.

Lord Ryugen

Lord Ryugen

shadow12
its not that its that it would be immpossible to him fight to fight Giant Link because he gave the mask to that majora kid thing to get the feirce deiety's mask

Dizzle
After you beat Majora's Mask using the Fierce Deity, you get all of your masks back. Cuz you can still wander the world even though the game is technically over. So Giant Link is perfectly accessible. Him, OniLink, and Ocarina Link (Nayru's Love+Light Arrows) would be the only possible Link wins here, I do believe...

shadow12
(oh woludn't know haven't beat it yet close though)

Dizzle
Go for it. If you got Fierce Deity it's no sweat at all... Stock up on that milk stuff if you wanna be safe though. (you need the cow mask for Fierce Deity, might as well use it)

Lord Ryugen
Ouch sorry about the repeated posts, I don't know how that happened. Well like I said I know nothing about Majoras mask so I can't really make an informed opinion. So I'm just going to have to try and find the game.

Doctor Strange
All Sephiroth would have to do is sic some Cuccos on Link.

Seriously? I think it would actually be a pretty serious fight in his oni form or with the triforce.

TrAnCeDuO
since when has link ever wielded the triforce?he only has one piece of it and he cant really use it in combat.

Lord Ryugen
He usually gets it after you kill the last boss but you're right Trance I've never seen him use the triforce in combat.

shadow12
its normally a key

Doctor Strange
He almost always has the triforce of courage, which seriously powers him up.

shadow12
not really dude its always the key to get to ganon ganondorf

Doctor Strange
In Windwaker he managed to get to Ganondorf without it. He got his ass handed to him, but still...

Keyblade master
I voted Link but It would probaly be a tie.(The they'd go get a drink smile )

shadow12
Originally posted by Doctor Strange
In Windwaker he managed to get to Ganondorf without it. He got his ass handed to him, but still...
only because he basicly got jumped by him

Hoshi
wrong , the triforce of courage power link up and gives him the ability to cut the evil , any kind of evil . And it gives link the true power of the master sword , the strongest sword in nintendo universe

shadow12
dude the triforce dosen't power link or the mastersword the mastersword is powered by the gaurdians prayers you know in OoT the gaurdians Saria, Darmani andso on

Hoshi
the triforce is basically what gives the power to the master sword , but link didnt know in ocarina of time , because when he got it he already had the tiforce , but in wind waker he must got the triforce pieces to reobtain the power of the master sword that was lost cause he dindt have the triforce , if you ever played windwaker you know that its true

shadow12
no the gaurdians were killed and when you get the gaurdians there the sword was repowered the triforce peice was to get back to hyrule castle

Lord Ryugen
Shadow's right Hoshi the original gurdians were killed and you have to replace them to give the Master Sword the power it once had. You need the Triforce pieces to get back into Hyrule

shadow12
Shadow's right Hoshi the original gurdians were killed and you have to replace them to give the Master Sword the power it once had. You need the Triforce pieces to get back into Hyrule
thank you

Lord Ryugen
No probs big grin

By the way Shadow I don't suppose you'd know how to get the last Triforce Chart from the Ghostship? I've tryed everything i can think of but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

SaTsuJiN
soon we'll be comparing advent sephiroth vs twilight princess link.. o_o

shadow12
No probs big grin

By the way Shadow I don't suppose you'd know how to get the last Triforce Chart from the Ghostship? I've tryed everything i can think of but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
hav u gotten the ghost ship chart???

Hoshi
yeah you both are right , and i am wrong sorry for my mistake

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by shadow12
hav u gotten the ghost ship chart???

Yeah I completed the game last night, lol Gannondorf's death was so funny.

AdventChild

AGAIN!! WHY DOES EVERYONE BASE SEPHIROTH ON KINGDOM HEARTS!!! IT'S BASED ON FF7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though you nintendo kids..... you're comparing a 4 foot elf with a 3 foot sword against a 6 foot guy with a 4 1/2 (bigger than link) sword....oh if link had this that this that....SHUT UP! Sephiroth wins if cheats apply.. other wise Sephiroth still wins....

AdventChild
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
soon we'll be comparing advent sephiroth vs twilight princess link.. o_o

yea i know... this is ridiculous.....

swipe9091
two words-light arrows two more- powder keg quite honestly if u think about it link can blow the kaka out of sephiroth

dvampire
Seph is going to put that boy in a hospital! smile

CorderaMitchell
poor sephiroth, he would feel bad..........

Link is better than shin akuma...

Hooverman
Originally posted by dvampire
Seph is going to put that boy in a hospital! smile
no he's going 2 put him in a coffin..........closed casket cause he'll b in pieces

Hooverman
Originally posted by AdventChild
AGAIN!! WHY DOES EVERYONE BASE SEPHIROTH ON KINGDOM HEARTS!!! IT'S BASED ON FF7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though you nintendo kids..... you're comparing a 4 foot elf with a 3 foot sword against a 6 foot guy with a 4 1/2 (bigger than link) sword....oh if link had this that this that....SHUT UP! Sephiroth wins if cheats apply.. other wise Sephiroth still wins....
uuum i'm on ur side exept 4 the last sentence read it about 4 times carefully

CorderaMitchell
I loved kingdom hearts...

Dizzle
Kingdom Hearts rules. 2 comes out in September... The Sephiroth in it was hella weak compared to the real one though.

DracotheDragon
Ok, let me tell you guys something, the Link we are comparing to Sephiroth is Just NORMAL link, and sephiroth, HE'S NORMAL TOO! Both characters vs. each other, each charater not from a specific version of their series! I hope this clears things up a bit.

linkslittlehelp
link would win anyday. even as a kid

linkslittlehelp

its true i like kingdom hearts but crossing disney and ff is the STUPIDEST
thing square enix ever did

Yosh
nah alot of people like disney's characters (me too), and it seems like they crossed vincent/cloud into one :O

radioboy121
The concept was interesting. I liked how Sephiroth was elaborated (one wing). I heard somewhere he was suppose to be in the sequel.

Yosh
And I don't know why people would say he's underpowered in KH, yes he did summon a meteor held off holy bla bla but he did it with materia, not entirely his own power plus if you think about it he's probably the most powerful thing in kh and probably no one could beat him first shot, and if you compare his strength to kh cloud i'd say its accurate.

Dizzle
That is true... His only real devastating KH ability is Sin Harvest though. Minus that little surprise factor, I probly coulda beaten him first time. Cuz I was at like level 80 something from finding Ultima Weapon synthesis items. I thought the Disney characters and FF's were combined quite well, without making the Disneys too dark or the FF's too happy and such. It was quite a contrast.

TheJuggernaut
I say Link. Why? because i can and i did

Dizzle
Wait a minute, no you can't... Guards! Seize him!

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by Yosh
And I don't know why people would say he's underpowered in KH, yes he did summon a meteor held off holy bla bla but he did it with materia, not entirely his own power plus if you think about it he's probably the most powerful thing in kh and probably no one could beat him first shot, and if you compare his strength to kh cloud i'd say its accurate.

Correction Yosh, the black materia was used to summon meteor but Seph held back Holy himself. The ONLY reason you don't get owned when you fight Sephiroth is cause of Aerith's prayer. And no his strength in KH I would say is comparable only to his last form, which is nowhere near his full strength.

Blue Dragon
Link all the way!

WAF3001
Link's hotter.....

Lord Ryugen
... confused Okay, and this will help him how?

Dizzle
No idea, WAF just enjoys Spam. Seriously, I think he's posted "Link's hotter" in every Link thread on this forum.

Kiske
Light Arrows=Death for Sephiroth.
Sephiroth wil turn into a few rupees and link wins. End of Story.

star_scar_child
sephiroth is not darkness though, his intentions arent exactly sane but to him its still for the "good" of the planet

implus the master sword, in no way or time could take on the matsume, sephiroth owns

star_scar_child

actually sephiroths sword is bigger than 4 1/2 feet its much closer to six as is the game descrption

and light arrows and powder kegs make no difference, 1) the arrows only work on dark people as i stated before that sephiroth is not dark, although the arrow would hurt he would block dodge or deflect it with one fluid movement. 2) you need to be a goron to use powder kegs....by the time link transformed, hed be dead

star_scar_child
oh yea and one more thing, link did, in one of his greatest accomplishments take down king gannon in ocarana of time, which brings me to the point of sephiroth would take down king gannon in one-two hits

Dizzle
Link using all of his weapons and magic at the same time is nigh-on impossible to beat. Because he's got invulnerability and a Mask that turns him into a Giant, or if you prefer, gauntlets that allow him to lift several tons. Masamune might very well get broken if Link puts a lot of force into a blow with that kind of strength. Or Seph might just get stepped on or smashed with a giant sword. Either or.

If you impose the game limitations on Link, of course he gets owned.

swipe9091
Originally posted by star_scar_child
actually sephiroths sword is bigger than 4 1/2 feet its much closer to six as is the game descrption

and light arrows and powder kegs make no difference, 1) the arrows only work on dark people as i stated before that sephiroth is not dark, although the arrow would hurt he would block dodge or deflect it with one fluid movement. 2) you need to be a goron to use powder kegs....by the time link transformed, hed be dead link cant be touched wen hes transforming plus he could go into the battle as a goron

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by WAF3001
Link's hotter.....
Ah ha! I think I may have found out your gender...unless....

EvilCap America
Ah Sephy the worst boss of the most overrated game ever that brought the mortal Kombat loving dingbats away from failing at fighting games and gave them mindnumbingly bad RPGs to play

Sephy was a jobber in FF7.There are at least a couple 1 hit kills against him and a battle less enteraining than his motivation

Mako Victim
This would be good fight, Links very tough and has done alot of things in the past.... But then again so has Sephiroth, the only difference is that Sephiroth doesn't have as many titles based around him like Link does...

If you'd of asked me this question a year ago I would have said Link, but after seeng the trailer for Adventchildren I doubt Link could really keep up with Sephiroth blade skills...

I'm gonna say Sephiroth..

DaRk Lotus

Same hear all of thes people are just putting different verison of link in place of the nomal one. smokin'

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Mako Victim
This would be good fight, Links very tough and has done alot of things in the past.... But then again so has Sephiroth, the only difference is that Sephiroth doesn't have as many titles based around him like Link does...

If you'd of asked me this question a year ago I would have said Link, but after seeng the trailer for Adventchildren I doubt Link could really keep up with Sephiroth blade skills...

I'm gonna say Sephiroth..
But it's not the same Link is it. Sure every hero there is is called Link but it isn't the same Link, I'm not saying you didn't know this in case you're wondering, I'm saying this because of Sephitoth.

You say Sephitoth as done a lot in the past like Link...meaning what? Like in centruies like Link or just a little way back in the past or were there other Sephitoths before this one?

xxxpoppunker182
what link are you talking about? link 1,2,3 or 4 cause link 4 has the triforce and if you have the triforce that makes you invincible and a god pretty much he can do whatever he wants but any of the other links get f'ed in the ay well maybe link 1 has a chance with all of his equippment.

Blue Dragon
Any Link... confused

Arbiter
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
what link are you talking about? link 1,2,3 or 4 cause link 4 has the triforce and if you have the triforce that makes you invincible and a god pretty much he can do whatever he wants but any of the other links get f'ed in the ay well maybe link 1 has a chance with all of his equippment.
The Triforce doesn't make you invincible. Because then Link wouldn't have been able to defeat Ganon in A Link to the Past.

xxxpoppunker182
because he was evil. you have to know all the rules of the triforce inorder to debate about it.

RagnaViper
Link crowds all the Nintendo fanboys into a giant snowball and tosses the vast mass of bad spelling and "1337ness" at Seph.

Sephiroth is then reduced to a 15-year old with A.D.D. and acne. He then begs Link to sign his ass only to recieve a solid "no". With his spirit broken, Sephiroth returns home to post a final blog entry and kills himself by eating all the baked beans in the house.

Dizzle
In a word... Hell Yes! Seriously though, OniLink could probly take Seph, as could the godly Giant's Mask+Nayru's Love combo.

CorderaMitchell
Love combo, lol.

Steve128967
S-E-P-H-I-R-O-T-H has over 100,000 HP(or hearts if you will). 150,000 actually, if Link had full health which would be equivalent to max level. And sure the Bigoron sword is big, but the Masamune is like six or tweleve feet long! Not to mention Sephiroth can kill all three of your party members at the same time (nasty experience with Super Nova;Auto-Life saved my ass).

Arbiter
Sephiroth's hp is based on your character's level and if you used KOTRT on Bazzro Sephiroth. When I faced him he had around 65,000-75,000 hit points.

Dizzle
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Love combo, lol.

Yes, lovingly bringing everyone on the planet a giant sized plate of ass kickage...

Since when does 1 Hp=1 heart? 1 heart should equal at least a hundred or 2 hp...

Anyhoo, Seph loses to OniLink about 6/10, loses to invincible Giant Link 10/10, beats him soundly any other way not involving the spells or masks involved here.

Arbiter
Sephiroth would just summon Meteor and destroy the entire planet.

Dizzle
Since when does Meteor blow up whole planets?

Arbiter
Since when hasn't it? Meteor. The big thing Cloud and co tried to stop in FF7.

Hooverman
Sephiroth uses Super Nova or Meteor and kills link along with 6 billon other people end of story...........................haha i win

DracotheDragon
*sigh* Ok. Seems like I have to clear some things up since people don't know what in the hell is going on. NORMAL Link. VS. NORMAL Sephiroth. NO MAGIC, NO HIT POINTS, NO ITEMS, NO SPELLS, NO MANA, NO MP, NO TP, JUST REAL LIFE STYLE FIGHTING. Does this help? I'm talking about hand each of them the SAME EXACT SWORD and let them duke it out, without any extra anythings. I thought I said this earlier... :/

Sado-sama
Damn...this is an oldie. stick out tongue

Oh, and Link is f*****..NlkKzzVw754

MadMel
true
why was this revived???
WHY!!!!!

Creshosk
NO HIT POINTS Then they're both dead.

kwon_ji_hae
sephiroth is a better sword fighter and faster then link at reaction speeds aswell so links ****ed

fascistcrusader
Sephiroth, by quite a long shot.

Shin_Nikkolas
It dioesn't help the thread creator changed his mind so late into the topic.

DracotheDragon
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
It dioesn't help the thread creator changed his mind so late into the topic.

Excuse me? I never stated my "mind" in the first place. I didn't expect everyone to compare seph's different forms with link's different forms. Did I state a specific form? NO. I didn't. Did I say "with magic/spells/items" no, I didn't. I stated just Link vs. Seph. I figured people would have the general intelligence to understand this means on equal terms. Same sword, no shield, and just duke it out. Somehow, people seemed to overlook this, and now I have to clear it up. So since I've cleared it up, keep going off of THIS information. You people act so unintelligently I've felt my IQ drop a few points... >.>

Blax_Hydralisk
Act so unintelligently?

You're replying to a post made by a banned member, almost a year ago. I really don't think you should be attempting to attack anyone's thought process.

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Sephiroth, by quite a long shot.

QFT.

Wil7
You have to be stupid to think Link would win. Who thinks Link would win? Talk to me, and tell me your reasons.

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by Wil7
You have to be stupid to think Link would win. Who thinks Link would win? Talk to me, and tell me your reasons.

Read the thread?

Dark-Jaxx
Well you wanna be technical about it one Light Arrow would kill Sephiroth. ermm

Wil7
Sephiroth would TELEPORT behind Link an STAB him.

Solid Durandal
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Well you wanna be technical about it one Light Arrow would kill Sephiroth. ermm

1 Light Arrow couldn't kill beings that are weaker then Sephiroth no expression

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Solid Durandal
1 Light Arrow couldn't kill beings that are weaker then Sephiroth no expression Name one thing. no expression

Solid Durandal
Any of the bosses in Zelda besides Ganondorf. no expression

Dark-Jaxx
What boss have the light arrows been used on besides Ganon? no expression

In OoT, by the time you get it, you have to go right to Ganondorf.

In WW, when you get them, you can only use them on Ganon, everything else that is hit by it dies.

In Majora's Mask I can't remember, but by the time you get them, the only bosses who you could use them on is Twinmold, two 500 foot sand centipedes, and Majora, who was bringing the friggin moon down.

Solid Durandal
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
What boss have the light arrows been used on besides Ganon? no expression

In OoT, by the time you get it, you have to go right to Ganondorf.

In WW, when you get them, you can only use them on Ganon, everything else that is hit by it dies.

In Majora's Mask I can't remember, but by the time you get them, the only bosses who you could use them on is Twinmold, two 500 foot sand centipedes, and Majora, who was bringing the friggin moon down.

Sephiroth did a similar feat as Majora. Sephiroth is way more powerful then Majora.

Also, In MM, you can go back and fight all the bosses again with all your current equipment.

Hurray for time travel

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Solid Durandal
Sephiroth did a similar feat as Majora. Sephiroth is way more powerful then Majora.

Also, In MM, you can go back and fight all the bosses again with all your current equipment.

Hurray for time travel I think Sephiroth would beat Majora due to strength and speed, not power. Sephiroth did not feat similar to Majora under his own power.

Shit you are right.

But said bosses are also Gods who can hold back a falling moon from destroying the land.

Solid Durandal
What? I thought the bosses were monsters created by Majora that held captive the Gods.

Dark-Jaxx
They were masks the Gods were wearing.

So it is the masks power plus the God's power.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>