The Difference Between Hulk and Doomsday?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
A lot of people think that Doomsday is the literally equivalent of Hulk. I know enough about both to know that's not true. However my knowledge of Doomsday, while substantial, isn't enough to to make a fair arguement. Anyone else want to give it a try?

Zahit
green.

Dizzle
I'm pretty sure Doomsday's a lot stronger than base Hulk, and is faster (punches n stuff) as well, since Superman commented that it was hard fighting Doomsday because of his speed.

MatchesMalone
Hulk and Doomsday have only one thing common. They have incredible strength, which is a trait shared by many comic book characters.

Comparing Hulk to Doomsday is like comparing Superman to Namor, just because Supes and Namor can both fly and have super strength.

kgkg
-The difference is that Hulk gets stronger and stronger while DD doesn't

-And DD base strength is lot stronger than the hulk.

Draco69
Poisonous Barbs.
Evolution
Argon Breath.
Superspeed.

Top of my head...

David Duchovony
No tangible brain or abstract mind to add to those Draco.

MatchesMalone
Originally posted by kgkg
-The difference is that Hulk gets stronger and stronger while DD doesn't

-And DD base strength is lot stronger than the hulk.

That is not "The" difference. That is one of "many" differences.

Strength is "the" trait that they have in common.

Gilgamesh
Common traitsmessedtrenght, size and retardedness...

Draco69
Doomsday is not retarded. He retained some of Brainiac's intelligence when he possessed him. He's extremely intelligent. He just can't talk much.

armandovalles
______ ______ _____ _____ _
/ \ | \ | | | \ |
/ | | | | | \ |
| ______ |______/ |____ |____ | \ |
| | | \ | | | \ |
| | | \ | | | \ |
\ / | \ | | | \ |
\______/ | \ |_____ |_____ | \_|

armandovalles
my bad, my button got jammed.

armandovalles
this is what i was gonna write:

HULK IS GREEN!
STUPID GRAY HORNY MAN IS GRAY!
HULK IS GREEN!!
HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!

savagerampage
lolol

Cosmic Cube
Doomsday is stronger at first, but Hulk could surpass his strength in seconds. Hulk is easily as fast as Doomsday. Superman himself has said that Hulk is extremely fast.

Sentry
I say durability... I think Doomsday can take slightly more punishment than the Hulk. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cosmic Cube
Doomsday can adapt, so I'd say he is a little more durable.

jinzin
Doomsday.
He's able to adapt to any threat, lethal or non. He doesn't have to die to evolve past an attack but that is the most conventional way for him to do so. Unlike Hulk, Doomsday has no internal organs, while he's displayed at least some brain capacity....no one can sufficiently knock him out. Doomsday has a healing factor on par or above the hulk and was able to recover from being nearly cut in half within two panals. Doomsday is at present, times stronger than superman, he has shown himself capable of dismantling superman physically with minimal effort and nearly no injuries, putting an enhanced superman using a combination of all of his powers almost completely on the defensive doomsday has a fighting speed that's been comparable to flash. Doomsday's said to be able to surive a nuclear explosion no problem and can generate enough force to hit with the equivalent of said explosion. Doomsday can absorb solar radiation like superman and store it as a battery for up to 1000 years. Doomsday, is also able to secrete poision from his claws that can make superman dizzy...he can also launch the knuckle protrusions from his fists with enough force to break through supe's skin and retract the protrusions like a fishing rod.
...and then of course...doomsday, can recover from death itself, evolving past whatever killed him in the first place....so far we've seen doomsday die by; physical strength, the end of time (being torn apart, since he has survived the end of all things,shouldn't he be immune to everything?), pure energy, de-evolution into primordial ooze, and disintegration.

Hulk.
hulk has a common base strength of about 100 tons, yet he has shown too be able to start at a base strength of much higher levels based on need and anger. the madder hulk gets, the stronger hulk gets. hulk has the capacity to reach unbound strength levels, but he usually needs time to be able to do so. Hulk sports a healing factor that varies from time to time, but overall can recover from being melted into bones within a minute or slightly more. It has been said that hulks skin appears to be unpeirceable, but it's just that hulk heals so fast it simply appears that way. Hulk also has varying personalities, the personalities vary in strength from hulk to hulk. Hulk's strength and healing factor come from a pocket deminsion. this means that hulk doesn't require food nor sleep to store energy....his energy source his arguably limitless.

In short. doomsday's much more lethal and durable with more overall powers. Hulk has limitless potential for strength and is f***in crazy.

......this guy next to me is pissing me off. "F*** THE SPACE TIME CONTINUUM!"

Swanky-Tuna
Doomsday is like a flightless Superman that evolves against everything. And he has poison bones but no poison glands.

jinzin
hey it's comics.

K Von Doom
Doomsday has green pants. Hulk has purple pants.

Xplosive
Hulk would eventually surpass Doomsady in strenght, but Doomsday would eventaully win.

Mainstream
Hulk is green Doomsday is not.

jinzin
lol. glad tosee everyone took his question as thoughtfully as I did......but the pants thing is a valid point....oh oh and doomsday has a pointy beard.....and he's balding....hulk has more hair for sure.

Linkalicious
I have never seen ANY evidence to support the "theory" that Hulk would surpass Doomsday in strength.

Doomsday would dismantle Hulk before Hulk had a chance to start raging.

Mainstream
hmmmm.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I have never seen ANY evidence to support the "theory" that Hulk would surpass Doomsday in strength.

Doomsday would dismantle Hulk before Hulk had a chance to start raging.

Yeah right.

Linkalicious
sweet someone agreed with me.

radioboy121
Doomsday has sharp bone protrusions, white hair (not counting Hulk's Maestro), different skin color, has no problems with surviving out in space, his agility/reflexes were so keen that it even overwhelmed a slew of the Justice League including Superman, and lastly... He has yet to speak anything comprehensible to us.

Sentry
Hulk's strength surpasses all. His durability is somewhat lacking though. Don't worry Link, I disagree with you about Doomsday being stronger physically, but I agree with you he will be KO'd before he can have his strength increases if he fights Doomsday, unless it was the same Hulk that tore apart Onslaughts armor, extremely enraged, pi$$ed off Hulk might stand a chance if they were like that at the start of the battle.

Linkalicious
But WHO can say whether or not Hulk could grow stronger than Doomsday?

None of us...with certainty.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Doomsday is stronger at first, but Hulk could surpass his strength in seconds.
I doubt it.

I really doubt it.

jinzin
" I have never seen ANY evidence to support the "theory" that Hulk would surpass Doomsday in strength.

Doomsday would dismantle Hulk before Hulk had a chance to start raging."

just for the record I do agree with you that hulk would get killed or poisioned and weakened before his strength would surpass DD's but Ifirmly beleive that Hulk's strength can surpass DD's. Just based on his energy coming from a pocket demension with seamingly no end......with enough time/anger.....hulk could surpass DD in strength.....if DD can take the brunt of the onslaught for a few minutes however.....his body should be capible to adapt to it.

Gamma Crush!
Hulk has attained the strength level of a Celestial in moments. Even Superman has said that Hulk is extremely fast. He would punk Doomsday.

jinzin
doubtful....it would be a good fight but hulk as too much going against him. hulk still has trouble catching spiderman...DD punked flash
Hulk can be KOed, DD can't. Hulk's got a healing factor...DD's got a fastor one and no organs at that. Hulk needs air...DD doesn't. Hulk doesn't have poision...DD does.

Gamma Crush!
Wasn't Flash hurt when he fought Doomsday?

In 1999, Superman himself has said that Hulk is stronger than anyone he ever fought. That would include Doomsday, who he fought in 1993.

jinzin
maybe...but he also fought doomsday again at the end of 1999 in doomsday wars. and DD dismantled him ....again.

jinzin
and no to the flash thing.

Gamma Crush!
Well, I know Hulk is pretty damn fast. He beats speedsters too, and his deadly accuracy helps him against super-fast foes.

Hulk is immune to poison too.

Hulk is stronger. I'm sure of it.

David Duchovony
Originally posted by Gamma Crush!
Well, I know Hulk is pretty damn fast. He beats speedsters too, and his deadly accuracy helps him against super-fast foes.

Hulk is immune to poison too.

Hulk is stronger. I'm sure of it.

When??? Did he tag Quicksilver or Northstar?? Give us some proof please.

jinzin
hulks not immune to poision he just has a hella fast healing factor.....DD's poision could very well slow down his healing factor.
hulk can get stronger....but right off the bat DD's got the advantage.

And yes hulk's pretty fast.....doomdays faster.

Gamma Crush!
It was Speedfreek.

jinzin
speedfreak isn't flash....or close for that matter.

Gamma Crush!
Didn't say he was. And thats "speedfreek," not "speedfreak."

jinzin
ehhh speelings overrated.
lol. doesn't change the fact that flash is faster than speedy and DD's faster then hulk.

Gamma Crush!
Hulk is immune to all diseases and poisons. His healing factor is better than anyone's. If he can continue fighting while being reduced to a skeleton, a little poison is not going to slow him down.

Speedfreek can move at a good fraction of the speed of light.

Gamma Crush!
Originally posted by jinzin
ehhh speelings overrated.
lol. doesn't change the fact that flash is faster than speedy and DD's faster then hulk.

How do you know that Doomsday's faster than Hulk? Doomsday certainly isn't as fast as Superman. Not even close.

jinzin
not in flying....but in fighting...yeah he is at least as fast if not faster. On all three fights against presentient DD supes was surprised by DD's speed. saying that he'snot even close is well......more than innacurate.

Gamma Crush!
Superman was also surprised by Hulk's speed. What's your point?

manjaro
when DD smacked supes in the grill he commented that he didnt even see him move so yeah id say he's faster than hulk plus DD wears Boots and hulk is barefoot

manjaro
ohh and since DD doesnt eat he probably doesnt takes shits or pee laughing

Gamma Crush!
Lmao, the boots make him faster? laughing

manjaro
yep...its gotta be the shoes

Gamma Crush!
But seriously, everyone who fights Hulk says that he has "blinding speed," or something to that effect.

When Hulk sucker-punches Wonderman, he doesn't even see it coming.

jinzin
"Superman was also surprised by Hulk's speed. What's your point?"
the point is...after fighting the monster twice before superman should be prepared for DD's speed yet DD surprises him every time. proving that A) he is faster than supes in H2H and B) he probably gets faster every fight.

Gamma Crush!
Originally posted by manjaro
ohh and since DD doesnt eat he probably doesnt takes shits or pee laughing

I don't think Hulk eats either. From what I've heard, he gets his energy from a pocket dimension. Have you ever seen him eat?

Gamma Crush!
"Superman was also surprised by Hulk's speed. What's your point?"
the point is...after fighting the monster twice before superman should be prepared for DD's speed yet DD surprises him every time. proving that A) he is faster than supes in H2H and B) he probably gets faster every fight.

Technically, Hulk surprises Superman with speed in all three of their fights.

Do you like to read crossovers? Superman kicks The Professor's ass severely in the last fight. confused I thought intelligence would be an advantage.

jinzin
what you'vehear? so you're arguming for a character who's powers you're not even aware of? lol. you probably shouldn't let us know that man...deny it up and down if you have to otherwise you'll get mauled by theother board members in other debates....I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt though...yeah Hulk can go on without food and whatnot but lack of sleep and such causes his paranoia to set in....and yeah...hulk ate things donuts once. lol.

Gamma Crush!
what you'vehear? so you're arguming for a character who's powers you're not even aware of? lol. you probably shouldn't let us know that man...deny it up and down if you have to otherwise you'll get mauled by theother board members in other debates....I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt though...yeah Hulk can go on without food and whatnot but lack of sleep and such causes his paranoia to set in....and yeah...hulk ate things donuts once. lol.

It's not that I'm not aware of his powers, it's just that Hulk's source of strength and additional mass is never truely explained. I know just about everything there is to know about Hulk's abilities.

jinzin
alright I meant no offense, just lookin out for ya.

Gamma Crush!
Thanks. smile

jinzin
no prob man. just cause we got diff P'sOV doesn't mean I gotta be a dick.

"why can't we be friends why can't we be friends why can't we be friends, why can't" ah hell I don't remember the rest of the lyrics. but you get the point.

Gamma Crush!
lmao

Swanky-Tuna
Can Quicksilver or Northstar compare even to an injured Flash?

jinzin
i guess it depends on how injured. i'd consider quicksilver to at least be slightly comparable.....but still outclassed.

Gamma Crush!
I don't know. Probably not.

Speedfreek moves at a good percentage of lightspeed, though.

manjaro

Gamma Crush!
lol, look at Hulk's face! laughing

Mmm... Burgers.

jinzin
damn they were burgers! I remembered them as being donuts for some reason...must be the round shape.....but regardless that's definitely the example I was talkin about. there ya have it gamma crush. But his hunger is unrelated to his power.

Gamma Crush!
lol.

jinzin
hehehe greenskin's a happy guy. well for the moment anyways.

Wynndar
He eats...but obviously he acquires mass and energy from another dimension...there is clearly not that much mass in those burgers, or energy to metabolize incalculable strength.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.