Hercules vs. Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
These two have been facing off for as long as I can remember.
To me Hercules is one of the strongest guys there is on earth. 2nd to the Hulk only.
Sub-Mariner seems to have what it takes to stand up to any of our toughest guys.

armandovalles
actually, classic hercules when he was a full-fledged god was far stronger than the savage hulk and practically anyone for that matter besides galactus, 8th day, LT, etc.

ScarletSpider
Not really. You have to look at it in context of the day. Yeah, Hercules held up the world. That was Hercules of myth, he never did that in the comics, to my knowledge. Yeah, he held up Manhattan. Hulk held up a mountain in Secret Wars.

Sasquatch: Uncanny X-Men #120: "Firewalled, A DC-10's three turbofan engines generate 150,000 pounds of thrust, but the plane doesn't move an inc, until muscles the size of bridge cables suddenly flex, hefting the 250 ton air craft a few feet off the ground as if it weighted nothing. And Then with horrifying ease..those same muscles simply throw the plane away" quoted at www.alphaflight.net

And all the other strognmen of the day did similar feats. Comics held a spectacle of wonder back then. They didn't just say "Thor's the strongest Avenger" they proved it. You saw Thor struggle for a page worth of panels to do some mighty feat, or punish some undefeatable foe. Now, they're so caught up in rating systems, they forget that once in awhile, these Marvels can cut loose.

Wonderman
One thing i see when I look at Hercules is endurance. He can prob. maintain his 100 class strength for great lengths of time.
He might be overpowered by someone like Thor for a brief encounter but in the long run the one left fighting is usually the winner. `Course Thor's hammer gives him the edge, no doubt.
Namor seems able to handle the bigger guns with his flexibility. An 80 ton flying fish is hard to ignore. He'd be a hard man to hurt and he has oceans to revitalize himself in, unlike our land bound heroes who can't rely on that little bonus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.