Dragonball Z sparking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

master sifadius
The new Dragonball Z game:

the offical bandai site for dbz sparking:
http://dbzs.jp/

the developer site:
http://www.spike.co.jp/dbzs/

Some information:
- Title: Dragon ball Z Sparking!
- Genre: 3d action
- Corresponding type Playstaion 2
- Player number of people: 1- to 2 person
- Sale due date: Fall of 2005 sale schedule
- Schedule price: 7,140 Yen (including tax)
- Sale origin Corporation: Bandai

Darth Luke
is it coming to the UK?

Magee
It probably wont even go to the US. It does look very good, maybe even better than the budokai series.

master sifadius
It will probably come to US about after a year of its release in JP.
Remember budokai 3 was a JP only game for awile then it hit other countries about a year later.

If it even comes to any other countries, it should be out around
fall-winter 2006.

Darth Luke
great, i have to wait a longo time then

SaTsuJiN
sparking looks good.. but it appears to be a bid for power ripoff in a way.. (bid for power had been shut down by funimation because it was a free dragon ball z mod for quake 3 arena)

master sifadius
It look nice to me. I just hope we get a chance to try it out.

Mainstream
is this a fighting game action game or what?

SaTsuJiN
Its a fighting game but its over the shoulder view..

from gamespot :

"Dragon Ball Z Sparking! is a 3D fighting game from the developer of the Way of the Samurai series. The game lets players do battle on the ground and in the air with several characters from the Dragon Ball Z animated series. "

Images from IGN http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/742/742303/imgs_1.html

Images from The MagicBox
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0504/game050419d.shtml

master sifadius
It is just basically another budokai game. And it is said that it is unconformed that atari will take the game for publishing in US.

so it will most definatly come to US along with other contries.

Electrocat
i havnt seen a review on it yet... where can i go for a review

master sifadius
I don't think there is a review yet.

SaTsuJiN
No there isnt.. the game is still in the developmental stages.. I hope they release it here, the over the shoulders view looks very interesting (will we need two consoles for vs matches? or will they split screen it?).. I think it would make a neat Xbox live title

SaTsuJiN
I was wondering.. is "Sparking!" now called "Budoukai : Tenkai-ichi" ?

I just watched an E3 gameplay demo of tenkai and it looks ALOT like sparking

Magee
Yea, I have no idea wat happened there confused

master sifadius
Dragonball Z tenkaichi budokai review:

If you had to guess, how many Dragon Ball games do you think there are? Six? 10? 15? 20?!? You're not even close. Try 30+ games spanning the course of eighteen years and fourteen different consoles. Given that, you would generally think the franchise should have died by now, wouldn't you? And yet, it's still around and going strong. Atari's recent successes in the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai series have sold over eight million copies worldwide, paving the way for their newest installment: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
As much as Atari's most recent Dragon Ball Z game ("Dragon Ball Z: Sagas"wink was a departure from the traditional fighting-action game into the RPG genre, Tenkaichi looks to be the series' triumphant return. Apart from new name (Tenkaichi means "World's Best" in English), the game offers a variety of new features to toy with, while still dishing out plenty of the old. Yes, you can still wreak havoc upon the battle environments, turning a town into a desert with a massive lens flare. This time, however, you get to chose who you want to eviscerate from all of creation with from a list of over 60 different characters (a fairly large increase from Budokai III's 38 characters). Characters from both the Dragon Ball GT series, as well as from the 13 Dragon Ball Z movies (only 10 of which have only been released in the US), are finally being welcomed into the center ring. Maybe some new non-anime characters, ie the Gokule and Tiencha fusions from Budokai II, may make their appearances here as well. (Hell, who wouldn't be glad to spend the 50 dollars to see a Super Saiyan 3 Raditz take on an adult Super Saiyan version of Gotenks).

The single-player Dragon, two-player Versus, and World Martial Arts Tournament modes are back, in addition to three all-new modes: Ultimate Battle, Dragon Capsule, and Evolution Z. The character attribute system, first implemented in Budokai III, has been revitalized, this time with ten stats to modify instead of seven. The game also comes with unlockable video footage from the anime series. This is an improvement on the unlockable "audio clips" from Budokai III, which provided the average Dragon Ball Z fan with a few seconds of mild entertainment followed by a feeling of "was that really necessary?"

The most noticeable feature so far, however, is the artistic quality of game. Ever since Budokai II's experiment with cel-shading, the characters have begun to look more like their anime counterparts, giving the player an almost overwhelming sense of control -- that one is actually directing the very characters from the show, and not just videogame sprites. Atari has finally got the glowing hair down to an art, as well as the control aspect of the energy attacks. The environments too have changed, allowing for players to fight in three regions now: on air, on ground, and in water. Water combat, though rarely seen in the anime, should be fascinating to toy with (hoping that they manage to get the underwater energy blasts right). On the topic of attacks, two new attack styles called Rush and Smash Attack are to be implemented, similar to that of the "Dragonrush" feature a la Budokai III. These will hopefully add to the energized frenzy of it all.

All things considered, this promises to be the most electric Dragon Ball Z game yet, a promise heard time and time again throughout the Budokai series, and a promise Atari consistently manages to deliver

new review courtesy ofhttp://www.gamerankings.com

master sifadius
also go here for an interview with creator: http://e3.playstation.com/video/index.aspx?vid=/fla/coverage/v_0522_e3c_08_l.swf

and here for everything else: http://www.dbzonps2.com/forums/index.php?showforum=49

ragesRemorse
It could have the greatest looking graphics ever, but if it still has the same gameplay from previous DBZ games, it will fall yet again in the category of shit. Did anyone even buy budokai3? God damn those budokai games were about the most trying and clunky games i have sat through

SaTsuJiN
Confirmed.. Dragon Ball Z Sparking! is called Budoukai Tenkai'ichi here

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/742/742303.html?ui=cb_up_03

Known as Dragon Ball Z Sparking! in Japan and developed by the Fire Pro team at Spike, Tenkaichi aims to take everything that made the first three Budokai titles so popular and improve on them in every way.

zdude
bebi vegeta for dbz budokai tenkaichi!

EvilCap America
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It could have the greatest looking graphics ever, but if it still has the same gameplay from previous DBZ games, it will fall yet again in the category of shit. Did anyone even buy budokai3? God damn those budokai games were about the most trying and clunky games i have sat through

Go to the Tier topics for B3 on GameFAQs and say that read the topic and then you tell me yo uknow anything about that game.Heck read my outdated FAQ on B2 and your opinion would change and the game is crap compared to B3

game guy
cool graphics it ahould come out today!

master sifadius
Hey Guys, I would have been posting more, but I have been getting my Information elsewhere and havent felt like posting here.

Go here for TONS of information (including pics and movies). Given that its a forum and you have to sign-up, but believe me, ITS WOROTH IT!!

Anyway here is the link: http://www.dbzonps2.com/forums/index.php?showforum=49

SaTsuJiN
http://the-magicbox.com/0507/game050731i.shtml

new images of sparking via Magic Box

symbiote ruler
ok from wat i no tenkaichi is being released in us + uk around november
ther r 60+ characters, 90+ counting transformations + oozaru is suposed 2 b in it

sully_2u
what systems is it supposed to be for?

master sifadius
PS2

sully_2u
oh so its not gonna be for any next gen consoles...thats kinda a bummer

symbiote ruler
if u wanna c sum gud videos, 1 has oozaru against super 17, go 2 gamedaily.com and click on downloads

master sifadius
Originally posted by sully_2u
oh so its not gonna be for any next gen consoles...thats kinda a bummer

It's prolly backwards compatable with the PS3

darth-yoda
you mean forways compatibal

Batman Wins
hope its better than budikai 3, since it was good.

RoyMC
sparking is dragon ballz budokai tenkaichi the one were you can fly around and ya know launch attcaks without hyper mode?

VenomVA
I have the Jap version (Sparking) but can't seem to get it to run...my friend is supposed to help me with it, once he does I'll post a review and let you guys know how it is. I didn't play B3 but played B1 and B2...I loved B2.

TwisterGameX
3 is better than 2...way better.

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by master sifadius
It will probably come to US about after a year of its release in JP.
Remember budokai 3 was a JP only game for awile then it hit other countries about a year later.

If it even comes to any other countries, it should be out around
fall-winter 2006.

Late 06' eh? That means that it should be going to the next-gen consoles, right?

O.D Geist
well guyz i had the jap version for sometime now i got to say the game is cool, but it isnt better than budokai 3, your best bet is rent if u can.

the us version comes out the october 19 of this year

VenomVA
ODG> I have the Jap version also...I like it and all but how in the heck do you do energy attack? Say like with Vegeta, how do you do Final Flash or Big Bang? I'm getting my a$$ handed to me by Hercule (funny but not funny) lol

O.D Geist
Originally posted by VenomVA
ODG> I have the Jap version also...I like it and all but how in the heck do you do energy attack? Say like with Vegeta, how do you do Final Flash or Big Bang? I'm getting my a$$ handed to me by Hercule (funny but not funny) lol

to do the bigbang attack it is L2 up triangle

ok first u need at least 1 bubble under the energy bar, charge up to sparkiling mode it will be blue and the final flash is L2 down triangle

i just got the rest of the characters, the game is cool but to me bodukia 3 is better.

Tru_Slice
It better have every freakn' move there is! The last ones were crap!

(and I like DBZ)

DarkDethbringer
yeah I hpe it is good I am sure it will be but in most of those like Janemba you won't start out at your final form will you? that was just plain lazy in nuimber two that Cell and Freiza start at there final forms!

O.D Geist
Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
yeah I hpe it is good I am sure it will be but in most of those like Janemba you won't start out at your final form will you? that was just plain lazy in nuimber two that Cell and Freiza start at there final forms!

that is one of the down falls D.D, u pick the lvl or form u want of the character. u even pick the fusions characters instead of fusion. That was one of the main things that bother me, cause when i fight ppl i like it to be like the cartoon with we fighting and lvling up to get to our strongest form or lvl. Not picking it of the back and coming at me full power without doing anything. ex i am playing with Brolly and my friend plays with vegita {in bodukai 3 he had to work hard to get lvl 4 sometimes he never get to it cause he would be dead before than or almost dead} but now he can just pick lvl 4 that sux big time.

TwisterGameX
thers only 2 moves!!

TwisterGameX
This game is the cheapest piece of shit there is. The cpu cheats like asss. Blast blast same punch cpombo until you die. this game sucks monkey turd.

TwisterGameX
bump

crazy_shadow
i'm starting to think there are like 10 and 11 yr olds running in these threads, so many pathetic dragon ball Z threads. it's a kids show for christ sakes ><

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
i'm starting to think there are like 10 and 11 yr olds running in these threads, so many pathetic dragon ball Z threads. it's a kids show for christ sakes ><

What makes it a kid show ?

crazy_shadow
well first off...it's on cartoon network, which is 4 kids...if you havent seen all the comercials about toys, and kiddy shows....if dragonball Z was on adult swim...i wuldnt have posted what i said..2nd off, they've got a crap load of toys and crap for them.

TwisterGameX
well first off...it's on cartoon network, which is 4 kids...if you havent seen all the comercials about toys, and kiddy shows....if dragonball Z was on adult swim...i wuldnt have posted what i said..2nd off, they've got a crap load of toys and crap for them.

That was so stupid. it's been on toonami and even have the uncut one now. So what you are saying that Batman is kids stuff because it has toys....all the adult swim shows I see toys for buddy so I don't see your arguement.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
That was so stupid. it's been on toonami and even have the uncut one now. So what you are saying that Batman is kids stuff because it has toys....all the adult swim shows I see toys for buddy so I don't see your arguement. family guy toys...futurama toys...since when do they go advertising these? and toonami is pretty lame, it's on WB35 before i get out of school because all the little kids can watch it when their at home before all the others come home.

TwisterGameX
family guy toys...futurama toys...since when do they go advertising these? and toonami is pretty lame, it's on WB35 before i get out of school because all the little kids can watch it when their at home before all the others come home.

WB11 and what are you trying to say. Do you not like other shows like naruto justice league..

crazy_shadow
WB11 and what are you trying to say. Do you not like other shows like naruto justice league.. its WB35 here, im in san antonio, TX...

i'm into stuff like Family Guy, Futurama, Robot Chicken...all that funny stuff....as for japanese shows, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Case closed, yeah...mostly what's on Adult Swim....im not really into the stuff where they use super powers with fireballs and stuff, Inuyasha is the closest i come to that.

I just find DragonBall Z kiddish because it isn't popular here except for the 12 yrs and under kids here. They probably just show it on early television here but not anywhere else because this place it's not any good. I'm not trying to offend you and I'm really sorry if i did offend you. I'm just placing what i thought, so please forgive me erm...

TwisterGameX
its WB35 here, im in san antonio, TX...

i'm into stuff like Family Guy, Futurama, Robot Chicken...all that funny stuff....as for japanese shows, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Case closed, yeah...mostly what's on Adult Swim....im not really into the stuff where they use super powers with fireballs and stuff, Inuyasha is the closest i come to that.

I just find DragonBall Z kiddish because it isn't popular here except for the 12 yrs and under kids here. They probably just show it on early television here but not anywhere else because this place it's not any good. I'm not trying to offend you and I'm really sorry if i did offend you. I'm just placing what i thought, so please forgive me erm...

I guess you could be correct but answer this. Do you like naruto and justice league ? Happy Dance

crazy_shadow
I guess you could be correct but answer this. Do you like naruto and justice league ? Happy Dance never heard of them stick out tongue

TwisterGameX
never heard of them stick out tongue

I should smack you Happy Dance How could you not hear of these shows. Ok do you like comics such as Batman/Spiderman..do you like there movies....or are they to kiddy for you. sad

crazy_shadow
I should smack you Happy Dance How could you not hear of these shows. Ok do you like comics such as Batman/Spiderman..do you like there movies....or are they to kiddy for you. sad laughing out loud those aren't...i like spiderman and x-men comics, their cool. batman cartoon...i dont know stick out tongue..spiderman cartoon? never heard of...but their movies! their great XD

aww man i gtg cya dude sad

TwisterGameX
laughing out loud those aren't...i like spiderman and x-men comics, their cool. batman cartoon...i dont know stick out tongue..spiderman cartoon? never heard of...but their movies! their great XD

aww man i gtg cya dude sad

Happy Dance Ok see you later.

crazy_shadow
back XD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.