Gladiator vs. Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Gladiator

vs.

Lobo

Draco69
The hell is Lobo gonna do to Gladiator?

colossus17
the same things he does to sups.....

hoorayforpeepee
gladiator has a speed advantage

lobo has a durability/healing advantage.

i'm gonna say gladiator just because his abilities can increase with confidence (though lobo could easily shake his confidence)

on second thought...LOBO!

Draco69
Hmm.

kgkg
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
gladiator has a speed advantage

lobo has a durability/healing advantage.

i'm gonna say gladiator just because his abilities can increase with confidence (though lobo could easily shake his confidence)

on second thought...LOBO!

he doesn't loose confidence all the time.

he has battle tyrant , SS , thor , Hulk etc without loosing confidence.

he will throw the moon , or something like it at lobo and bye bye lobo.

Galadiator is stonger physically (that thor , SS , jugs etc.)

LordFear
Confidence???????????/
Anybody know who the hell the main man is???
Lobo would shatter Gladiator's confidence down to nothing after a multitude of pummeling, that bastich of Lobo just lights a cigar and says"Is that all you got mohawk boy. The only thing worse then your fighting skills is that haircut of yours" and begins to insult and pound at Gladiator. Give me a breaK.Lobo destroys planets.

the Darkone
So can gladiator, hell he destroyed a star and can survie a nova explosion. Lobo can die it has been done before.

Superherovandal
he cannot die none will take him. heaven nor hell. Thanos kinda got the same thing going on.

LordFear
exactly Lobo cannot die and can regenerate damaged cells.
This guy is nothing but raw terror. He survives nuclear bombs, to lasers to practically being dismembered. He simply cannot die.
Gladiator realizing that fact will start losing confidence quickly, beleive me!!!!

the Darkone
What the f**k? Darkseid killed him, , killed by a rival hunter(lobo's back 1-4), and killed again by darkseid in the 853 century. He can die by any means, with a drop of his blood he can regenerate into a new lobo with same memories and abilities. It takes a lot to kill him but it can be done and will comeback in time but he can die.

LordFear
Read Lobo's continuity. I don't know whether what you are saying is true or not because I have no knowledge of it. But now and by all means look into it Lobo cannot be killed. Just take a trip to DC's website.

the Darkone
Dude reading Lobo's back 1-4 1992. He was killed by a bounty hunter he got chopped the f***k up get the issues. He can die but he can replicate himself after death. Darkseid killed him, Darkseid killed him again in the 853 century, was killed in our worlds at war on apokolips. Buy the lobo issues and by Dc encyclopedia publish by DC.

long pig
Lobo can die but he comes back to life a few moments later.
He doesnt have the clone ability anymore(which makes me think that the lobo around now isnt the REAL lobo but a clone because clones cant dup)
Now as for this fight, if we are going by the highest showings of Gladiator(breaking stars, super novas), then we have to go by the highest showing of Lobo(basically killing slews of deities and angels in C.O.G )

When Lobo faught Superman, he told superman "I heal faster than you can hurt me ya know?" this shook superman, Lobo then punched Superman into outer space, jumped up after him and punched him back down to earth.

At first glace Lobo will see Gladiator greatest weaknesses i.e certian radiation and confidence. And Lobo will exploit these.

To me, Gladiator is potentially many times more powerful than superman but again so is Lobo.
This would end in a tie or a really horrible curbstomp if Lobo rattles Glads confidence or uses one of many of his radiation weapons.

There are two different versions of both these characters, the insanly powerful world obliterating versions, or the "we need a strong guy to beat so our main character looks tough".

King Burger
Isn't Gladiator a Superman rip-off? Since when did he get so strong
that he can take down one of the toughest fighters in DC?

But I guess this depends on how one sees Superman. If someone
believes that Superman isn't as strong as he's made out to be,
that he can be beaten by the likes of Thor and Hulk, then I
guess Lobo would appear beatable by Gladiator.

But I'm one of those who thinks Superman's strength is well
beyond most of Marvel's heavy hitters, so is Lobo.

I'm thinking only someone like Thanos or Champion can beat Lobo.

Sentry
Glads is based off Pre-Crisis Supes, but writers tend to write him in as a jobber. Bastards.

The Flash
Gladiator will try to fly Lobo into the sun. While still in earth's atmosphere, Gladiator, the moron that he is, leaves Lobo's hands free which gives him a chance to make a sonic boom that causes Gladiator pain in the ears. Both characters fall back down to earth and Gladiator is still dizzy. Lobo sees a near by power plant and tosses Gladiator in it that sends his ass flying.

brainchild81
Gladiator is most likely gonna pound Lobo from the get go. Screw flying into the sun. Gladiator would knock Lobo out in less than a minute. Each punch Gladiator lands is gonna hurt Lobo and raise his confidence up.Originally posted by King Burger
Isn't Gladiator a Superman rip-off? Since when did he get so strong
that he can take down one of the toughest fighters in DC?

But I guess this depends on how one sees Superman. If someone
believes that Superman isn't as strong as he's made out to be,
that he can be beaten by the likes of Thor and Hulk, then I
guess Lobo would appear beatable by Gladiator.

But I'm one of those who thinks Superman's strength is well
beyond most of Marvel's heavy hitters, so is Lobo.

I'm thinking only someone like Thanos or Champion can beat Lobo. You have a gift for comedy, friend. Surfer could beat Lobo and Supes @ the same time.

kgkg
Originally posted by The Flash
Gladiator will try to fly Lobo into the sun. While still in earth's atmosphere, Gladiator, the moron that he is, leaves Lobo's hands free which gives him a chance to make a sonic boom that causes Gladiator pain in the ears. Both characters fall back down to earth and Gladiator is still dizzy. Lobo sees a near by power plant and tosses Gladiator in it that sends his ass flying.

I won't agree with that.

Hulk did it.

What am trying to say is if Gladiator wants he can toss the moon at lobo.

or punch him at light speed etc.

Sadly marvel writers have been him a dummy.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by kgkg

or punch him at light speed etc.

Gladiator can fly at over light speeds he cannot fight that fast. People often say Kallark is faster than Superman which he is not on their feet.

kgkg
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Gladiator can fly at over light speeds he cannot fight that fast. People often say Kallark is faster than Superman which he is not on their feet.
And how do you know?

why can't he?

juggernaut74
It says so in his bio in the X-men Encyclopedia. He can fly really fast no doubt but he cannot keep up with Superman on their feet.

kgkg

juggernaut74
Well if he flies by Superman at lightspeed with his fist hanging out then yea he can, but it sounds kinda corny to me. 100x the speed of light laughing

David Duchovony

Wynndar
Just read Fantastic Four 339...Gladiator can fight faster than Superman or Flash

Beyonder
Originally posted by David Duchovony
100 times light speed??? What the f**k?

Something wrong with your eye Duchovony? He's fought at 100 X lightspeed against Thor before. Thor and the FF's speed were amped 100 X times the speed of light, Gladiator matched that speed against Thor. Everyone who knows about Gladiator knows he's done that.

It says so in his bio in the X-men Encyclopedia. He can fly really fast no doubt but he cannot keep up with Superman on their feet.

So the bio says he can't fly faster than Superman? laughing out loud

He's faster than Superman.

jrodslam
Uhhhh Im not Marvel expert here, but if Gladiator moved at 100x the speed of light, wouldnt he be like the fastest being in Marvel?

Wynndar
i dont think he's the only person capable of it...i think its a combination of his own inherent powers and Shi'ar tech. its not something he normally does, and he did have to push himself to do it.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Beyonder

So the bio says he can't fly faster than Superman? laughing out loud

He's faster than Superman. I thought the Beyonder was smart, oh well. Anyways genuis it says that he can fly at faster than light speeds. It does not say anything about him running or fighting that fast. Ok, can you come up with another scenario where he fought that fast cause its gonna take more than one to change my view on this.

Wynndar
hahahahaha....stop being so bias. So what if it only mentions his flight speed. It doesnt say he CANT fly past light speed. Then we show u what comic he does it in and ur not convinced...it sounds like denial.

Gladiator would smash both lame DC characters, Superman and Lobo.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Wynndar

Gladiator would smash both lame DC characters, Superman and Lobo. Hahahaha you tell me to stop being bias laughing

kgkg
hahahahaha....stop being so bias. So what if it only mentions his flight speed. It doesnt say he CANT fly past light speed. Then we show u what comic he does it in and ur not convinced...it sounds like denial.

Gladiator would smash both lame DC characters, Superman and Lobo.
smile

juggernaut74
Then we show u what comic he does it in and ur not convinced

I can show you comics of Superman using superfootspeed every day and twice on Sundays.

Wynndar
seriously...comic book denial? I know ur a DC fanboy...but if Gladiator can beat Lobo, its ok...it doesnt make u any less of a man wink

juggernaut74
I didnt say Gladiator couldnt beat Lobo I just dont like it when kids make stuff up.

juggernaut74
I know ur a DC fanboy Good one but 2/3 of my collection are Marvel Happy Dance

The Flash
I can't believe someone who has juggernaut for a name is called a DC fanboy. Great stuff.

Beyonder
I thought the Beyonder was smart, oh well. Anyways genuis it says that he can fly at faster than light speeds. It does not say anything about him running or fighting that fast. Ok, can you come up with another scenario where he fought that fast cause its gonna take more than one to change my view on this.

And I thought you had a sense of humor, guess not. Anyways Hank Hill he ran at super speed during his fight with Masterson Thor during Operation Galactic Storm. He knocked Masterson and then ran behind Masterson and attacked him again.

Running at lightspeed? Yup.

juggernaut74
Well as much as I hate to admitt now I am truly convinced he is a Superman ripoff. I was trying to find something different between the two and it seem that I cannot.

kgkg
Originally posted by Beyonder
And I thought you had a sense of humor, guess not. Anyways Hank Hill he ran at super speed during his fight with Masterson Thor during Operation Galactic Storm. He knocked Masterson and then ran behind Masterson and attacked him again.

Running at lightspeed? Yup.
I didn't know thor was such a cheap bastard.

Doing a sneaky thunder attack when he got beat up.

No honor what so ever.

Beyonder
Eric Masterson is a dirty fighter. What did you expect from him? Honor isn't his strong point. He was a coward to even face Gladiator; Wonder Man stepped up...still got his butt kicked however.

Even before the cheap lightning attack. Jumping into the fight finally, Masterson slammed into Kallark from behind right after Kallark had pawned WM into the ground.

kgkg

Avalonofthewind
I had an old xmen issue where Gambit took out Gladiator by hitting him with his whole deck of cards. If that can hurt Glads..then he's in serious S*&T with Lobo.

long pig
Oh, prepare to be flamed my friend.smile
heh jk

Are we using the highest showing of both characters??
If so, then it'll be Gladiator vs 10,000 lobos or more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.