Hal Jordan with the Quantum Bands instead of a ring vs Quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superherovandal
Hal gets a heads up on its all of its powers and half a day to test them out. He then will face Quasar

doctorstrongbad
Quasar would still beat him. The guy has the experience and the strength to take him out.

Draco69
The Quasar Bands are essentially the same as the GL ring. I'll go with Hal. His willpower and experience is greater than Quasar.

ebonyblade1
It would be a draw. The ring and the quasar bands work exactly alike. Hal has more experience but he just got the quasar band. He will use it like he uses his ring while quasar knows the bands like the back of his hand. Hal may feel uncomfortable with a weapon more powerful than a GL ring. And quasar may not go all out because he doesn't want to release the evil entity he absorbed that killed eon.

Superherovandal
no it says up there he gets a heads up on all of its powers to make it more fair.

Sentry
Quasar will still beat him.

Originally posted by whobdamandog
Just to let you peeps know..Quasar can actually accelerate his metabolism using the Q-bands. This technique can make him pretty damb strong. (Weilder's of the Q-bands have been shown to lift up heavy objects..such as cars with ease) He's also apparently immortal now due to receiving the power of the Starbrand for a brief period of time. And in case y'all did not hear, Quasar was also an agent of Shield before he received his powers, and he is very skilled in the martial arts.

Originally posted by Sentry
Quasar:

1. Immortal

2. Excellent close quarter combatant.(Former shield agent)

3. Quasar has taken on the likes of Thanos, Silver Surfer, The Stranger, Magus, and has defeated the likes of Maelstrom and Ego. All of of these guys on their own will stomp Hal.

4. Since he's immortal, he probably has a lot time on his hands, and has probably found out other uses for the Quantam bands... Like how to give himself super strength via quantam bands, how to heal himself via quantam bands, etc...

Quasar will win.

Quasar wins.

jrodslam
Id say Hal. Just so people know, Gl's can use the rings to make them stronger also. Guy used to do it all the time. Quasar immortal? I couldve sworn Quasar died before. Then got brought back to life. Does that make him immortal? Doubt it. Excellent close quarter combatant just cause he worked for S.H.I.E.LD? Doubt that too. Nick Fury is an excellent close quarter combatant, and I doubt Quasar is on his level. And yes, Hal does have more experience. Great battle, but GL takes it.

Sentry
Originally posted by jrodslam
Id say Hal. Just so people know, Gl's can use the rings to make them stronger also. Guy used to do it all the time. Quasar immortal? I couldve sworn Quasar died before. Then got brought back to life. Does that make him immortal? Doubt it. Excellent close quarter combatant just cause he worked for S.H.I.E.LD? Doubt that too. Nick Fury is an excellent close quarter combatant, and I doubt Quasar is on his level. And yes, Hal does have more experience. Great battle, but GL takes it.

You need to read up on Quasar, he's still alive. He is immortal, and he's close to class 50 with the Q bands bolstering his strength. He was an AGENT OF SHIELD. He doesn't need to be on the same level as Fury to beat Hal. What was Hal? A pilot?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sentry
You need to read up on Quasar, he's still alive. He is immortal, and he's close to class 50 with the Q bands bolstering his strength. He was an AGENT OF SHIELD. He doesn't need to be on the same level as Fury to beat Hal. What was Hal? A pilot?

1. I do read Quasar, and know he's alive NOW. But he did die and was brought back to life. That doesnt make you immortal.

2. I never said he needed to be on the same level as Fury. Youre the one who posted that he was an excellent hand to hand combatant. How many excellent close quarter combatants are there in Marvel? I say like 15, and Quasar was never listed as one of them.

K Von Doom
Quasar did die but was brough back to life by Infinity. But that was before he was given the Starbrand, which is what grants immortality.

eleveninches
Hal wouldnt know how to use quantum bands

Superherovandal
It says up top he gets a half day to test them out. he gets info on all of the powers

eleveninches
he still doesnt have as much experience as he has with his ring

ebonyblade1
This is nuts, hal is not doom. He is not going to master quantum bands in three days less more one. He is a great pilot. But he doesn't know anything about quantum physics. John Stewart would be the best choice in this situation, but even than I doubt he will beat quasar on his own turf.

JWangSDC
1. He wasn't immortal when he died, he is immortal now. No one said because he got brought back to life, that's why we assume he's immortal. He's immortal because of the Starband.

2. Uhm, he doesn't ahve to be top 15...the point is he's a good fighter and Hal has no real combat experience.

No way is hal goign to win, I can't believe how many hal fanboys there are

Originally posted by jrodslam
1. I do read Quasar, and know he's alive NOW. But he did die and was brought back to life. That doesnt make you immortal.

2. I never said he needed to be on the same level as Fury. Youre the one who posted that he was an excellent hand to hand combatant. How many excellent close quarter combatants are there in Marvel? I say like 15, and Quasar was never listed as one of them.

leonheartmm
has quasar actually ever beaten ego, the stranger or thanos?

JWangSDC
no, but please dont' tell me you think Hal jordan could beat Ego, The Stranger or thanos

Sentry
Originally posted by leonheartmm
has quasar actually ever beaten ego, the stranger or thanos?

Ego I know for a fact. Sucked that planet guy right into his quantum bands. Tangled with Thanos and the Stranger yes. Beating them, not by himself. Still, Hal would have gotten killed by Ego.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.