Swordfish

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I don't remember seeing anybody talk about this movie here. I thought it was great. Especially the opening scene. That is one of my favorite scenes in a movie if not my favorite. The rest of the movie was great as well. Thoughts?

Cinemaddiction
I don't ever think I have seen it in it's entirety. May have to just for "Halle's Berries". Happy Dance

Samas-adian
Hahaha.
its entertainnig at least, nothing to big, but entertaining. The explosions were cool and the story was good enough to keep me from not being bored.

Linkalicious
ok...when he wrote that encryption...it was just terrible. His acting went to crap on that and who the hell stands up to type like Little Richard playing a piano?

Evy_O
I really liked it, but mostly because of the actors, Hough Jackman and Halle Berry stick out tongue

Myth
I've actually watched my roomate do that when he gets excited. Maybe its a computer geek thing.

Kes
Yeh, I enjoy this one. It has some cool scenes. Definitely love the actors!stick out tongue

Sugar Kane
I thought that although extremely ridiculous, it was great fun. And Hugh Jackman is just spectacularly good looking! love

Evil Dead
Good flick..........

It does kind of piss me off that we get gratuitous titty shots from Halle Berry in Swordfish.........yet she has an entire damn shower seen in Gothika and we get nothing.....nada......not even an ass shot.

Myth
Just be thankful that Swordfish opened the door for Halle to do that shower scene.

Yomammy
Swordfish was a really fun movie. It's not going to win awards for anything other than rating it on the popcorn flick rating system.

The opening scene rocked. From the start it was just great dialog and Travolta's charisma really helped pull it off. Then the scene outside with the bullettime explosions was great. It started the movie off with a bang, literally and kept me glued throughout.

The only thing that I didn't like about the movie was where Jackman's character is swilling wine while doing the whole 'encryption building process'. That was stupid and it was a joke. It was just a way of overdramatizing that whole process. Along the same lines, when Gabriel had the gun to his head in the bar while trying to crack the DOD db. That whole process, when showing the screen was more garbage and gibberish. Of course, that could be the computer geek in me, but all that he was typing in were unix commands and ip addresses (of which most don't exist).

Ok, now that I did my short rip, I will go back to saying that the movie as a whole was a great flick. I saw it in the theater and bought it on DVD as soon as it came out. I'd suggest it to anyone who likes "popcorn flicks".

Xena
Oh my! I absolutely agree Kes! Travolta and Jackman are just dreamy in this film! i love the bus and helicopter scene. i like it alot! i adore Travolta, he can defitnetly played the bad guy character perfectly! he was kind of a dark villain in this film. Great movie i recommended!

smile

BarmyBrummie
swordfish rox my sox! i don't remember it ever being released at the cinema but i bought it from woolworths one day (mainly cuz hugh jackman was in it) and i loved it. Why didn't halle die? Why o why didn't halle die? would have been so good if she did.

Brilliant opening scenes and i liked the way the story was planned out showing the climax at the end first and then building up the story to the ending as flashbacks. The movie messed with my head at first but i finally got it in the end. Wasn't too keen on all that computer encryption talk though, made me proper confused. Overall a very good movie which i recommend to all big grin

khalla
I thought Travolta and Jackman were awsome in it. It's one of my favourite movies.

Evy_O
Oh, I agree with that big grin
Travolta is awesome as a bad guy. For example, in Face Off, both he and Nicolas Cage did a great job switching atittudes from good to bad. Excellent acting.

I just didn't like Halle Berry turned out to be bad.
She should have stayed with Hough Jackman stick out tongue

Kes
Well bad guy with a good motive.Technically a good guy that went about things in a bad way LOL for a good end.

Freddy_vs_Jason
The movie was pretty kool, I loved seeing Hugh Jackman with his shirt off! eek! and I was so jealous of that girl that gave Hugh a blowjob (sorry if thats a bit inappropriate) the movie was quiet good, maybe a sequel's in order.

Kes
FvsJ you have a thing for guys with shirts off ont you?!shifty

Xena
Yes! Halle Berry was astounding! True, i want to see her and Jackman in the end kissing or something. wink

Omg face off kept me in my seat when i watched! The suspence kept me going!

I was watchin that punisher trailer and I think i will go see it. Not because of the hero......but mostly because of the bad guy. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.