The end of the world

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

travesty87
I heard of the 4 horse men of the Apocalyse and I was wondering what it all meant
When do you think the world will really end, and how? Will it be caused by humans itself or will it just end?

Clovie
i don't know how but this will happen in the year 2011 (or 2012) i'm not quiete sure about the exact date.

and btw..you're the first person here that actually heard of roswell eek! big grin

Shadwofathought
the 4 horsemen are Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence. If you look around. They are already present. The end of the world isn't too far off. Incurable diseases are spreading like wildfire (cancer and aids). The saddest thing that is actually happening is that the world is giving up its freedom for security (or at the very least the US is). The Bible says that once religion is mandated by law (and enforced by persecution) then the second advent of Jesus Christ will come. And that will be the end. No idea when that's supposed to happen though. erm If you don't believe in God or the Bible then you can also realize that then end isn't far off. The world is getting more and more bloodthirsty. More countries are making nuclear weapons. And some of them hate the rest of the world enough to not care if they destroy humanity. Its a scary time to live in. I don't think the world will last more than 200 more years if that.

New_Born_Pyro
Bollocks. You're right. I just watched 28 Days Later. With the virus that destroys humanity and all. Scary.

travesty87
Does it refer to the end of earth of of humanity? Does it mean that humanity will end but the world will still exist?
And I luv Roswell.

New_Born_Pyro
Yeah well, some survive. But most of em get infected, freak out, and are killed or die. The earth keeps existing.

And I watched the making of and they talked about what would happen if some major virus breaks out and how long they think it would last before this happens an stuff.

Clovie
Originally posted by travesty87
And I luv Roswell. very good big grin

and i think the world will still exist...at least some kind of it.
and the cockroaches will stay for sure eek!

Magee
Humanity may be wiped out but there will always be life on earth. I think i would be lucky if i managed to live out my whole life before the end (i am 15). Tbh i cant see us lasting much longer, i keep seeing humanity as some sort of graph thats reached its peak and has just started to drop since the 21st Century.

BullitNutz
2012 is supposed to be the year in which something very big happens. I don't know what, but apparently it's huge. Many signs, like the Mayan calendar ending there, predictions for the Singularity, Terrence McKenna's time wave prediction, etc.

DeVi| D0do
I hope the universe implodes... that would be cool!

debbiejo
2012 is supposed to be a huge asteroid from what I've read, but who knows...As far as war and plagues, really, we've always had them. Check out your history. It could be said that compared to the middle ages, things are lookin up.

Echuu
Good point debbiejo

I hope that the end of the world things are wrong;so far when people have predicted the end they have been proved wrong.
If it were true it would suck. I wanna get married and stuff.
Stupid end of the world mad

Darth Luke
im only 14 so if this asteroid does hit in 2012 which i hope it doesnt ill be 21, still young and ready for life not for it to be taken away

Fishy
Originally posted by debbiejo
2012 is supposed to be a huge asteroid from what I've read, but who knows...As far as war and plagues, really, we've always had them. Check out your history. It could be said that compared to the middle ages, things are lookin up.

We were never able to create those things ourselves though, and we never had weapons that could destroy an entire city with one single blow. The US, Russia and China all have more then enough nukes to blow up the entire world...

And wars are not happening less. They still appear a lot, and a lot of the time it ends up killing entire civilizations... A few of our last wars were so bloody that they will probably be remembered for a long time, there is a reason for Hitler being called the new "Ghenghis Khan".

Still the end of the world? Don't think it will be that long away, if not because of nukes then because we are destroying the enirement... A new Ice Age will probably happen soon enough. Humanity is screwed whether we finish ourselves off or let somebody else do it, hardly matters...

Shadwofathought
I agree Fishy, and to back you up. The US alone has enough weapons to blow up the world 10 times over (or so the government has explained before). I believe that God will end the world soon enough. Things are not looking up at all. The fact that some of the 3rd world countries that hate EVERYONE ELSE have nuclear technology and weaponry should scare every last human being on earth. I don't know how the end will come, there are a lot of different possibilites. I guess we'll have to wait an see.

King Burger
Originally posted by Shadwofathought
The fact that some of the 3rd world countries that hate EVERYONE ELSE have nuclear technology and weaponry should scare every last human being on earth. I don't know how the end will come, there are a lot of different possibilites. I guess we'll have to wait an see.

And which Third World countires are that?

Shadwofathought
sorry. Its not a proper way of describing them. but the countries I was making mention of were India and North Korea

King Burger
I don't question the term "Third World", rather the idea
that these countries "hate EVERYONE ELSE".

North Korea and India,as well as Pakistan and others, just
have nuclear weapons to defend themselves, in the case
of North Korea, from an ever-threatening US.

Unless you're refering to their likelyhood of seeling such
weapons?

Shadwofathought
You are right.

It isn't what I meant but you made a good point. The likelyhood of someone who would use the weapons from a terrorist standpoint is more likely to get them from a country such as North Korea, Pakistan, and such.

For the most part, the point that ANY ONE has something that powerful (especially a country that is so willing to use them as the US has in the past) is a scary thought. erm

King Burger
True.

to me nuclear weapons are doubly scary, not only because of
any potential use of theirs, but also because they give a nations'
government that possesses them a certain invincibility, and
therefore a boldness for aggresion or criminality.

debbiejo
Not to mention you'd always have a bad hair day if they were used.

the_raven75
the possibility of the wold ending in 2012 is very likely many historical references point to that but, there were countless times in the past when we thought the world was going to end at x date (plague of ancient Europe, cold war, ww1, ww2, Vietnam, etc.) but truthfully there is no way of telling whether it will end tomorrow, 2012, or 8000 there is no way to honestly find out

Fishy
We'll see in 2012 though now won't we stick out tongue

And i'm going with 2014 for some really stupid reason... that makes no sense...

No wait actually i can probably find something that will support 2014...

Got something

WWI started in 1914
WWII started in 1939

Thats a 25 year difference

1939 + 25 years = 1964 (did something happen in this year? not sure)

25 years later (1989) is the fall of the Iron Curtain, Soviet Russia and the retreat from Russia out of Afghanistan.

So every 25 years something important happens that could mean the end of the world. Until now we have just always been lucky....

Honestly i don't think any of that is true, I just wanted to show how easy it is to come up with conspiracy's like that, idea's and theory's nothing more. That humanity will die soon enough however is pretty certain, at least our live on earth will come to an end soon. How when or why i don't know however. What i do know is that the world is getting closer and closer to just killing us.

For the first time in history humanity has enough power to blow up entire city's at once, and enough power to blow up the entire world or at least the surface. We are hurting the environment beyond repair with or without the help of weapons anyway. There is nothing that can stop that anymore, even if we all change a lot of shit now it will at most just delay the inevitable.

Magee
Many countries r trying to cut back on pollution (although the US isnt, the biggest polluters out there) because they know the earth is screwed due to pollution. But really its to little to late. There is really nothing we can do now, in 50 yrs pollution is supposed to have been reduced by something really crap like 40%, wtf is 40% in 50 yrs time...

Fishy
The Kyoto treaty isn't working as well as it should, without the US supporting it the chance that it will work is a lot smaller. And the chance that it would do everything we would hope even if the US supported is was small already.

debbiejo
Originally posted by the_raven75
the possibility of the wold ending in 2012 is very likely many historical references point to that but, there were countless times in the past when we thought the world was going to end at x date (plague of ancient Europe, cold war, ww1, ww2, Vietnam, etc.) but truthfully there is no way of telling whether it will end tomorrow, 2012, or 8000 there is no way to honestly find out

I think it already ended...We're just aware of it.

King Burger
Originally posted by Fishy
We'll see in 2012 though now won't we stick out tongue

And i'm going with 2014 for some really stupid reason... that makes no sense...

No wait actually i can probably find something that will support 2014...

Got something

WWI started in 1914
WWII started in 1939

Thats a 25 year difference

1939 + 25 years = 1964 (did something happen in this year? not sure)

25 years later (1989) is the fall of the Iron Curtain, Soviet Russia and the retreat from Russia out of Afghanistan.

So every 25 years something important happens that could mean the end of the world. Until now we have just always been lucky....

Well, you're going by World War II in Europe. Technically, that war
began for Japan and CHina in 1937, just as it began for the US in

So 1937+25=1962: The end of the French-Algerian War. Also,
Cuban Missile Crises.

Let's try 1941+25=1966: Peak of US nuclear arsenal (I think).

And why form the start of the war? Why not from the end of it?

Better yet, why not from the detonation of the Atom Bomb?

Going by dates is plenty tricky.

Fishy
Good point why not?

As long as it can make people scared and you can make some really weird prophecy based on nothing but a few dates why not do it?

My point wit that entire thing was, that it was pretty easy to just put some dates together, find something that binds them and say that everytime that happens something important happens. Like a mayor war every 25 years. The end or start of something new every 25 years... God knows what, as long as you can find something to link a few important events you can easily make a prophecy like that.

To say that the world will end in 2012 because somebody has said so, is imo bullshit. We'll see when we are in 2012 if it will end then or not, maybe it will. It probably won't though

sk8stuff09
i dont believe in the 2012 theory i think that its ideas are very ignorant, i think the world will end when its ready to, far much later than 2012...maybe in a couple thousands maybe millions of years....ya just never know..

the_raven75
it's easy to stir up conspirasy as long as u get someone important to say it \

i hope its an ice age i hate the heat

peterKSL
Originally posted by King Burger
So 1937+25=1962: The end of the French-Algerian War. Also,
Cuban Missile Crises.

1937-1914=23 years difference... not 25... stick out tongue
1941-1914=27 years difference... not 25... stick out tongue

travesty87
There was a monk (Whose predictions are considered more accurate than Nostradamus) who predicted that this(new) pope will be the 2nd last pope before the end of the world.
Sounds like we don't have much time.

DarkCrawler
I would give the world about 500-1000 years. The pollutions, wars, and other stuff will kill us all before the Earth is destroyed by swollen Sun.

If Jesus is true, and he wants to save us...he better do it fast.

Fishy
He still has two popes..

So about 3 years for this one, then another who can rule for about 15 and then another one for 3...

Guess 2012 won't be the end

DenKi
When I die, The World no longest Exists

Morbid4Daniel
The end of the world is far away (in my belief) and even if it is close, we can help it. I dont understand anything about all that Apocolypse or Armageddom or etc. but I dont think the world will end that way...

peterKSL
Originally posted by Fishy
So about 3 years for this one

ROFL... a new "Nostradamus" is born...

Fishy
Originally posted by peterKSL
ROFL... a new "Nostradamus" is born...

Well who knows... We'll see in three years

gls
hmm lets see...pestilence...there is HIV, countless virul weaponry (SARS and the like), cancer, the flu variations, and the ever imposing common cold..
Famine, a lot of the world is without food, nutrtion.. in my guess more than ever before in time.

war... Iraq, afghanistan, soon maybe N. Korea, and there is still the "sleeping dragon" of China.

thats 3 of the 4 horseman of the apocalypse...i'm not really a christian or anything really..but...looks like some signs to me. maybe not the end of the world..but maybe to a time where humanity might learn a lesson.

angelicbitch
I have heard allot of about the end of the world. Once I heard that there would be people called event coordinators and then something about the 13 legions I am assuming this is the 13 major people leading in the crisis. There is allot of info in Nostradamus so you should check that out if you are really interested in the end of the world. I hope its not real I kinda like living and the world as it is even though it could clean up allot of its dusty spots. Humanity will never be perfect and thats just how it is. If we wanted perfection we would have to as a whole accept imperfection in people and everything around us. As for the wars famines and other subjects I believe in the phoenix effect. That the world cleanses itself with these things, and we die and then rebirth into something possibly greater than before. Any way it wouldn't be the " end" perhaps for man kind but the universe and life is eternal as long as the attributes needed for life are around. ( Lets hope its all hoax.)

gls
well people who say its the end of the world mean it is jus for Humans. no one really thinks about the earth itself and other animals..

the_raven75
YOU ALL KNOW TO MUCH I MUST DISPOSE OF YOU IN THE CORRECT MANNER

gls
What the f**k? what was that about?

seriph
mayans were very acurate, they predicted the stars posisions for 3000 years in there calenders, its likely they couldn't predict any father then that, the mayens have predicted 5 apocolipses, i dobt that 2012 will be one. Other predictions many are in arabic, they are just interpritations, not all out facts, as arabic is a tricky language, and usualy these so called "predictions" are encoded in texts that have been translated from another language so the wording is often compleatly incorect to the original, because the wrightings were not totaly copyed word for word.

the most famous predictions come from the bibly code, most noticable is dates and rulers names, but i have ran a program similar to the ones they used in the bible codes and found in lord of the rings

"diana in the car of death"

god J.R.R tolkin is a seer.

allthough nuclier power will proboly destroy the world soon

peterKSL
ROfl ^

debbiejo
YOU ALL KNOW TO MUCH I MUST DISPOSE OF YOU IN THE CORRECT MANNER

Is that you Satan???

Capt_Fantastic
George Carlin said it best. He said that save the planet is a silly notion. He said if anything catastrophic were to happen, the planet would shake us off like fleas on a dog.

argen angel
people need to stop worring about the end of the world, if you live your life to the fullest everyday with no regrets then when the end of the world come you will be ready

the_raven75
*Yes, yes it is me thank you*

argen angel
your welcome

debbiejo
*Yes, yes it is me thank you*

So...do you have anymore messages from the dark side???

a1hsauce
Originally posted by argen angel
people need to stop worring about the end of the world, if you live your life to the fullest everyday with no regrets then when the end of the world come you will be ready
i dont know if i entirely agree with that... to a point yes thats true. but i'd like to think i'm gonna leave this world knowing my kids will have a better one to live in

Giggley_Fun
well I personally think the world is slowly coming to an end..the things that r heard off is crazy. We have adults that have sexual affections for 8 yr olds, 8 yr olds w/ guns, it's like we r living on a jerryy springer show. But I don't worryy about that because when I die..I'm gone and blah Happy Dance

argen angel
yeah the reality if that one person cannot change the world unless they have extraordinary attributes or luck. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE WORLD!

oh yeah and funny dancing banana

the_raven75
yes the world will end in 2012 and a giant and from space will come and burn humans with a magnifying glass

the_raven75
a giant ant from space

the_raven75
not and

TheAnimal
i think the end of the world will extinct humans. think 65 million years ago when the dino's were killed. then humans came along. the end of the world will possibly kill us humans to make a place for a new species.

Big Evil
My dream of God meationed the end of the world, but it wasn't that big of a deal. (Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "the end of the world not a big deal?!" but had you been given the info I'd been given. It just isn't.)

There's no way to prevent it, that's a given. However God informed me I can let it end on my terms.

The new world is inevitable. \m/ evil face \m/

peterKSL
Originally posted by TheAnimal
i think the end of the world will extinct humans. think 65 million years ago when the dino's were killed. then humans came along. the end of the world will possibly kill us humans to make a place for a new species.

the end of the world, means the absence of the world, not humans... ^

theReject
I've been taught that's God's army of Saints, led by Jesus, will come down from heaven. Then they will battle it out will the anti-Christ and his army. God will win. Then he will set up a millenium reign on earth, and it will be paradise. So technically...it's not really the end...but I guess it's the end of the world as we know it...hmm. Whatever. That's just what I've been taught.

gls
Originally posted by peterKSL
the end of the world, means the absence of the world, not humans... ^

i think he meant that most people think of the end of the world as the time when humans are gone for good. they don't really see it as the actual planet coming to a deadly end.

TheAnimal
now i have a 2nd theory. my crazy aunt whos a christian says armaggedon is mentioned in the bible. now this is what i was thinking. the whole war between isriael (sp) and palastine is over holy land. now the war in iraq wich most of the us is christians and the iraqi's are muslim. with the whole weapon of mass destruction thing going on that bush speaks of i believe that we are getting into war to start the armaggeddon. think iran has germ-weapons and will back iraq up. so with more talk on invading iran i believe armageddon will start if this happens.

Next Venom_girl
Hey, next year the calendar is aligned so that their will be a date of June 6th, 2006 or 6/6/06.
The Fundis will get a kick out of this. evil face

peterKSL
Originally posted by gls
i think he meant that most people think of the end of the world as the time when humans are gone for good. they don't really see it as the actual planet coming to a deadly end.

The end of humans doesn't mean it is the end of the world?! There are still other organisms which will still exist in the world.

travesty87
So doesn't the end of the world refer to earth blowing up all of a sudden, killing everything on it?

debbiejo
Well, I guess we will have to see about the 2012 year..Guess that date was written by the Incas, Mayans, and in that Pyramid...And the Bible Code with the words "Will you change it"...Sounds like we can do something about it through peace.

Ignite
Why do people believe in the end of the world?
And honestly the year 2012? theres been war for ever and theres always going to be and theres never going to be total peace..the end of the world is a load of crap i think...and "god" coming down from the heavens to battle....oh no..

SarKastic_OJ
Well, we are falling into the lines of the revalation down to a tee...

The whole natural disasters(Tsunami), man claiming to be god(2Pac), men becoming lovers of themselves(plastic surgery's are the big thing now)...

It's so much rising chaos that it seems as if something is going to climax soon....

Cyd
It is a hard question to many people around the world when they have to answer about the end of the world. We have Thought about many ways of the end. But never, never try to think there will be no end, why?...
Because the world is a living being, and every living being born, grow, reproduces, and then die.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by BullitNutz
2012 is supposed to be the year in which something very big happens. I don't know what, but apparently it's huge. Many signs, like the Mayan calendar ending there, predictions for the Singularity, Terrence McKenna's time wave prediction, etc.

Nawh, people have been predicting the apocalypse since... Well gosh, I don't know since when, but a darn long time. People have predicted ultimate doom on a certain date dozens of times throughout history.

Filth
Know this the end is near, humanity will be luck to out live the next 100 years. I do no the end of the world is set for 2012, but I don't know if humanity will even make 2012 at the rate they are going, war seems to be the most popular game and someone is not playing fair.

ladygrim
i dreamt of the End of the world last night ....But i cant rember wot caused it

Atlantis001

alcoholicpoet
Humans will end before the physical world does, we're talking about the actual earth here, not mankind, humans are kinda like dinosaurs, we'll live here for a few thousand, or maybe million, years then we'll be wiped out and replaced with a much more sophisticated race than us and so on, that's atleast my theory on earth, hopefully we won't destroy it before it gets a chance to go naturally.

K3VIL
If the end of the world will come from a menace set up to wipe out mankind, maybe cause we proved to be no more worthy of living, I'll fight for my life and those I love.I think that until there will be someone that decided to gave his life for the others there will be hope for the mankind.

Ultimatespider
I shall bring about the end of the world!

Shakyamunison
"I't the end of the world as we know it"

ska57
The Bible descibes the end of the world following seven years of what is called 'tribulation'. During this time God will bring onto the earth 21 plagues/judgments/whatever you want to call it, seven seal, seven trumpet, and seven bowl/vials. Then the devil-indwelt anti-Christ will lead an attack on Jerusalem but the Rider on the White Horse (Christ) will descend from heaven and kill them "...with the sword that came out the mouth of the Rider on the horse..." (Rev. 19:21a). With just one word all of anti-Christ's armies will fall. God then establishes His 1000-year kingdom on earth during which He keeps Satan locked away in the 'Abyss'. After that, Satan will be released and deceive the nations and gathers them for war against God. "But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever," (Rev. 20: 9b-10). It is here that John, the writer of Revelations, "...saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away..." (Rev. 21:1a).

Cyd
Talking about the end of the world, the destrucction in the apocalipsis and the next coming of Jesus Christl. I heard that we all are going to be judged for our sins,,, but...

What will happen with the people living in space, far from earth in that date?... Will they be judged also?...

I kno, i know, this sound a little bit stupit. But danm what do you think?.

alcoholicpoet
what the hell does that attached image have to do with the topic? huh

GothPrincess
LET IT COME!

alcoholicpoet
Why? You may enjoy having yourself and all your loved ones die for no appareant reason, but that's just not my cup of tea.

Sadako of Girth
Relax... The world will NEVER end....

Sure... It may be burned or crushed or Blown apart or Sucked into a black hole.... But these are are states of conversion of matter/energy...
So even if it is spread across the galaxy in the form of dust and hydrogen and/or other forms of energy...

Don't panic...!!!

It'll still be there.... Just spaced out real dusty like..... stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
Mind you... It could still bugger up your plans for the weekend.... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.