Quasar VS. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who takes this?

Debate.

whirlysplat
What a good one. Very difficult to call, but I go with Supes. Waay waay back in the late 80's early 90'sQuasar faced Nefarious who had the power of Nefaria from the classic Avengers 166 from 1975 or 76. They had clone superman powers without flight. Nefarious was contained in a light bubble but broke free. Supes has had a power up recently and as Quasar is really a GL rip off supes takes it.

Sentry
Quasar has been powered up also.

life is cruell
what are quasars power ups?

whirlysplat
Yes he has but h is still a GL knock off and supes can beat any g, remember the golden rule originals beat rip off characters. That said Supes owes much to Philip Wylies Gladiator novel. but that was the late 30 supes.

armandovalles
quasar i think takes this cuz he has delt with more powerful beings than supes has.

Sentry
Originally posted by Draco69
Triumph. He used his electro-magnetic powers to siphon his solar energy. Superman persuaded him not to, because Triumph was still a hero.

In:

Originally posted by Draco69
JLA #31

Quasar has control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum. He could use the same technique Triumph used to Drain Supes. He was also powerful enough to absorb Ego The Living Planet into his Quantum Bands. oh, the big upgrade is that he's immortal. Other upgrades are like super strength, healing and all that stuff.

Quasar is a GL with Super Strength and bolstered metabolism, add immortality to it, you've got a GL written right.

whirlysplat
Supes has fought the devil and various gods, angels from heaven and pretty much everything in between. When was the last time Quasr faced th heavenly host. I love Quasar and have stuck with him since project pegasus. I remember reading an old Dazler where she saved him from Klaw.

jrodslam
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Yes he has but h is still a GL knock off and supes can beat any g, remember the golden rule originals beat rip off characters.

Not likely. Hal and John, can definately beat Supes. You must be reffering to Guy and Kyle.

armandovalles
Quasar has faced Ego, Thanos, The Magus, Galactus, and practically every other major super-villain in Marvel. He has also confronted and on occasion even challenged beings such as the Celestials, LT, Odin, Zeus, Eternity, and the Beyonder.

armandovalles
oh and i forgot, he also went toe-to-toe with the phoenix force at one time.

whirlysplat
Oh the old GL makes Kryptonite bit Hal used to love, seem to remember supes kicking his butt then. But hey that was pre crisis supes.

whirlysplat
didn't the Quantm bands ignite the original user when fighting the ff.

whirlysplat
Quantum even

whirlysplat
The Phoenix force should have died with Jean Grey and stayed dead with Xmen 137. I hope the Ultimate Universe does not bring back Hank McCoy!!!

whobdamandog
Quasar could pull this off..All he would have to do to beat Supes is determine that his powers were solar based..and then just drain him...he does this all the time against most enemies he faces..

whirlysplat
And therein lies the problem Supes body has stored the energy its no longer Solar its now something else. Would supes invulnerable aura allow this to happen. I really don't know but, I doubt it.

Superherovandal
it is MetaATP. He stores the energy as Meta-ATP.

ZephroCarnelian
Which is a Chemical and not an energy.

If Quasar can control energy, then he might be able to block rays from reaching Supes - stopping him absorbing more.

Still leaves an angry Superman with PLENTY of power left to kick his ass...

Scoobless
ok...... apart from any absorption arguments, can Quasar hurt Superman enough to put him down?

jrodslam
Put him down..... yea. For good?..... nope

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.