Sephiroth Vs. Kefka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
These are two of my favorite video game villains of all time, I'd love to see who would win in a battle between the two.

I don't know who I think would win though...

Darth Mantis
Sephiroth.

BackFire
Kefka.

He actually succeeded in taking over the world for a while, and it took more hero's to bring him down then it did Sephiroth, plus, he's simply a much better and interesting villian.

TrAnCeDuO
Kefka since he kills for fun whereas sephy just kills for control.

Dizzle
Get LordRyugen in here, he knows more about Seph than me. Though I heard something about holding back a full blast from Holy, and beating up on AVALANCHE at the same time. HOLY people.

Grd Adm. Thrawn
sephiroth would win i mean Kefka is a cool and funny villan espcially with this crazy laugh but Sephiroth becomes a god and dispite all his magic Kefka would get tottaly trounsed

fopret
Kefka is really cool and powerful,but i would have to say he would most likely lose against the power of a god.

Morgoths_Wrath
I think you guys are forgetting that Kefka became a god as well...

!!!

TrAnCeDuO
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
I think you guys are forgetting that Kefka became a god as well...

!!!
right you are. we call sephiroth a god due to his sheer power but kefka is letterally a god. he can control all the magick and shape of the planet as he chooses.

BackFire
Yep, and besides, kefka was the better villian, he was more hateable.

TrAnCeDuO
lets not forget his lovely misadventures at Doma castle droolio

Gen. Grevious
Well i suppose,and any way what do you guys think of that laugh?

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Gen. Grevious
Well i suppose,and any way what do you guys think of that laugh?

classic

Grd Adm. Thrawn
i see your point but sephiroth looks cooler big grin

Gen. Grevious
yeah,but Kefka's really funny.

Avalonofthewind
Kefka... in 2 words...

Fallen one...

SaTsuJiN
oh yes.. the misadventures @ doma... such poison drenched sorrow.. /sigh

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by Dizzle
Get LordRyugen in here, he knows more about Seph than me. Though I heard something about holding back a full blast from Holy, and beating up on AVALANCHE at the same time. HOLY people.

Well Dizzle ask and thou shalt recieve. Sephiroth at the height of his power held back the most powerful Weapon of the planet Holy. All the time maintaining a shield only the Sister Ray could penetrate, he also held it during all three fights when Aerith's prayer came into effect. Still I think Kefka stands above him in terms of power. Sephy'll give him a lot of trouble, but if they're both at their best...well Kefka takes the match.

Kazenji
Indeed, kefka shows sephiroth what a god is with his energy beam attack.

JustFrame
For me personally, I actually lean more towards Sephiroth, simply because he has shown far greater abilities. Kefka has the Light of Judgement which is incredibly powerful, and he also has his final form of the six winged demi-god form.

However, Kefka is at his absolute peak in powers during the end of Final Fantasy VI while Sephiroth continues to only grow stronger, and although their is no actual "true canon" source available for the FFVI final battle conclusion with Kefka. However in FFVI Anthology, we are witnessed to Square's interpretation of Kefka's defeat and it was at the hands of a Alexander who was summoned to destroy Kefka.

This is the most likely scenario that I would take as canon, considering it was done by Square themselves, and so far it is the most recent and up to date Final Fantasy VI to this day. We do this as well with the Street Fighter storyline as well, until either it is refuted with a newer release of the game itself, or else refuted and changed by Square Enix themselves. However, until then, this is the most likely scenario imo.

Kefka was defeated by a summon of pure holy properties, yet Sephiroth was seen holding back Holy from the planet itself, which without a doubt in my mind would have surpassed even the being that destroyed Kefka.

It took an entire planet's lifestream+Holy to stop Sephiroth's summon from going into full effect, which would have allowed him to become a God. While Kefka was defeated by a bunch of mere mortals who simply summoned a Holy Entity to defeat Kefka. Not to mention, Kefka once dead...is dead period...while Sephiroth can return to become even more powerful then previously before.

Looking from it all, I'd chose Sephiroth over Kefka, even from an antagonist value, Sephiroth trounces Kefka, imo, Kefka is highly overrated, for how one-dimensional his character really was.

ESB -1138
Problem with that logic; Holy in FF7 had no attack properties and was only used as a defensive weapon. And not to mention we don't see a full fight between the resistance and Kefka only a last attack. And Metoer had nothing to do with Sephiroth's power. The Lifestream and Holy were needed to stop Meteor; not Sephiroth. Sephiroth needed the Black Materia to summon Meteor.

And Sephiroth has only returned due to Jenova. Sephiroth couldn't have returned without Jenova. So that's not really his own powers bringing him back alive. Kefka became the living embodiment of magik and once Locke and co defeated him all magik vanished. Kefka was a living god and Sephiroth wouldn't be capable on handing Kefka's many powerful attacks like the Fallen One or the Light of Judgment. Sephiroth was defeated by seven where as it took 10-20 (I forget the number) to take down Kefka.

And Sephiroth is highly overrated. He spends his time looking for his mommy where as Kefka was a completely original character for a video game character at the time; Sephiroth was the stereotype of villains and a knock off of Sesshomaru

JustFrame
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Problem with that logic; Holy in FF7 had no attack properties and was only used as a defensive weapon. And not to mention we don't see a full fight between the resistance and Kefka only a last attack. And Metoer had nothing to do with Sephiroth's power. The Lifestream and Holy were needed to stop Meteor; not Sephiroth. Sephiroth needed the Black Materia to summon Meteor.

And Sephiroth has only returned due to Jenova. Sephiroth couldn't have returned without Jenova. So that's not really his own powers bringing him back alive. Kefka became the living embodiment of magik and once Locke and co defeated him all magik vanished. Kefka was a living god and Sephiroth wouldn't be capable on handing Kefka's many powerful attacks like the Fallen One or the Light of Judgment. Sephiroth was defeated by seven where as it took 10-20 (I forget the number) to take down Kefka.

And Sephiroth is highly overrated. He spends his time looking for his mommy where as Kefka was a completely original character for a video game character at the time; Sephiroth was the stereotype of villains and a knock off of Sesshomaru

Although I cannot disagree with some of your comments about Sephiroth, the notion of Sephiroth being a knock off of Sesshomaru is a complete joke.

Kefka is the complete one-dimensional character of the every "overpowered" antagonist with a simple minded thought and plan. We know alot more about Sephiroth's storyline to flesh out his character then we do Kefka. Sephiroth actually has human frail qualities which makes him more interesting as an antagonist, not to mention we get to see his corruption...Kefka is an overrated joke character period.

If you claim Kefka as a "great" antagonist...then obviously we should rank DBZ villains such as Freeza as some of the greatest as well...because they are everything Kefka is yet 1000000000000x better for unlike Kefka, someone like Freeza has actually blown away planets, killed countless billions and lived to claim that right.

However, Freeza's personality is no different then Kefka's "Kill, Kill, Kill"...even a 5 year old could create an antagonist like Freeza and Kefka on a whim. Lastly...Kefka "original" for his time? Are you serious? Did you just not bother to play other rpg's at the time?

Shining Force II had Zeon, one of the "I will destroy all and rule the world" mentality just like Kefka, or what about SF1 with Dark Dragon, the list goes on, Kefka was far from being "revolutionary".

leonheartmm
both awesome characters, i cant choose. design wise, sephiroth is cooler, but kefka is more insane.

SHM
And Sephiroth has only returned due to Jenova. Sephiroth couldn't have returned without Jenova. So that's not really his own powers bringing him back alive. Kefka became the living embodiment of magik and once Locke and co defeated him all magik vanished.

Wrong! Jenova was part of Sephiroth, he have her cells from the time he was in the womb. The creators even called him "the new evolution of Jenova".
Kefka was the one who needed to use the power of the Espers and the Statues. Whithout them, he is nothing!

He wasn't looking for his mommy. Go play FFVII before spiting your bulshit.

It's very clear you don't know what you are talking about.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by SHM
He wasn't looking for his mommy. Go play FFVII before spiting your bulshit.

haermm

Superboy Prime
Yah...such a nice son Jenova had...slicing off her head and showing it to his lil buddies Cloud & Zack.

Pyron_Knight
I think Seph might win.
Kefka did re-arrange the face of the planet but Seph is definitely faster and has a barrier to block a Light of Judgment.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
I think Seph might win.
Kefka did re-arrange the face of the planet but Seph is definitely faster and has a barrier to block a Light of Judgment.

Kefka also has another attack called Forsaken but its a weaker version of Ultima

thewiseone
in terms of design and charachter sephiroth but in terms of power and skill backstory or not kefka hands down sepiroth i cant say becomes stronger because for those of you that watched advent children sephiroth lost to cloud after he fought a bunch of people, in sephpiroth's one winged angel form, and in under 10 minutes wereas Kefka takes at least 4 people while all are present not all are needed it takes 1-3 to kill sephy so in my opinion kefka wins despite his flawed personality to be truthful i found them both really weak but i always level up too much and get the best equips etc. its been awhile since ive played but i remember that little piece of evidence for those that who like me think kefka would win smokin'

Shutter Shack
Kefka is a gay Square Enix version of the Joker. Of course he would win.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Shutter Shack
Kefka is a gay Square Enix version of the Joker. Of course he would win.

Kefka is leagues cooler than the Joker, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Shutter Shack
Too bad he's nowhere as popular.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Shutter Shack
Too bad he's nowhere as popular.

Too bad, because there are plenty of uninteresting and crappy characters who are very popular.

K1ll3r
Define good and crappy characters.

Phanteros
Originally posted by K1ll3r
Define good and crappy characters. Neo Exdeath cool character. Sephiroth= generic anime ***.

K1ll3r
What literature review are you using for your theory?

Luminatus
Both Joker and Kefka are very bland and simplistic all things considered.

Evil Ryu
Basic version of the characters: Sephiroth rapes. Regular Kefka runs away like a little girl by Sabin in the imperial camp, then gets owned at the Narshe battle and only managed to kill Leo with a cheap coward trick. Regular Sephiroth... well, watch Advent Children.

Boss version of the characters: Kefka wins. Planet reshaping and town destroying is more than what One Winged Angel has done, which is nothing except losing in his only fight. Seph has Super Nova of course, but I don't really think the attack is actually the way it's portrayed in the game (it would make no sense). Kefka supposedly a god, but gods are no big deal anyway in vg, animes, etc.

On a sidenote, the only thing that prevents Kefka from being the most overrated villain of FF is only Sephiroth himself. Seriously, Kefka is really just a mad clown that got lucky. He had no big plan from the start and just improvised. Of course he destroyed the world, became god and all that stuff, but he had it all too easy. He just stands there between a few statues and BAM! Instant god like powers free of charge! Hell, Gau or Mog could have become gods in FFVI! Destroying the earth and becoming a god is so much harder in FFVII universe (you have to go through all the world searching for the black materia, then manipulate people into bringing it to you, then the damn meteor takes like a week to arrive during which you must protect the landing location from everyone and on top of all that you have to deal with Holy protecting the planet!)

Phanteros
What literature review are you using for your theory? Ihatesephirothbecausehe'sagenicanimefag.com

Widdershin, and whole bunch of silver haired people.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by Phanteros
Ihatesephirothbecausehe'sagenicanimefag.com

Widdershin, and whole bunch of silver haired people.

Well, your literature review is horribly bias and has no wieght on anything at all. Your opinion is terribly useless in saying what is a good and bad character because you first need to know what makes a character good and bad (in personality etc).

Shutter Shack
No no...Kefka is gay.

SHM
Originally posted by Evil Ryu
On a sidenote, the only thing that prevents Kefka from being the most overrated villain of FF is only Sephiroth himself. Seriously, Kefka is really just a mad clown that got lucky. He had no big plan from the start and just improvised. Of course he destroyed the world, became god and all that stuff, but he had it all too easy. He just stands there between a few statues and BAM! Instant god like powers free of charge! Hell, Gau or Mog could have become gods in FFVI! Destroying the earth and becoming a god is so much harder in FFVII universe (you have to go through all the world searching for the black materia, then manipulate people into bringing it to you, then the damn meteor takes like a week to arrive during which you must protect the landing location from everyone and on top of all that you have to deal with Holy protecting the planet!)

Quoted for truth and great justice.

ScreamPaste
Kefka wins. Hard.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Evil Ryu
Seph has Super Nova of course, but I don't really think the attack is actually the way it's portrayed in the game I am going to let one big fvcking cat out of the bag.

You know the solar system destroying animation of Supernova?

Not canon. Nope. In the original Japanese, never happened.

The original, truly canon Japanese portrayed it as simply a distant explosion.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Kefka wins. Hard.

How?

ScreamPaste
He breaks the planet, and Seph's left in space, where he freezes. Or Kefka knocks him sunward.

NemeBro
Kefka can effortlessly destroy cities and rearrange continents.

K1ll3r
Jenova, the thing that Sephiroth is made fully up of, like, he is made up of Jenova and that is all, has in fact survived incredible amounts of damage, comparable to that of rearranging continents.

Also can move planets.

NemeBro
No she hasn't, please shut up and leave.

K1ll3r
Haha, yes it has. NemeBro you are so funny. big grin

NemeBro
Cause it's true?

K1ll3r
Originally posted by NemeBro
Cause it's true?

Sephiroths will and Jenovas will (Page 53)
The Sephiroth clones seen in various locations continue gathering for the
Reunion. Seemingly, the will of Jenova as a human is the result of it
consuming Sephiroth's spirit; in actuality, Sephiroth is controlling Jenova.

(Accompanying screenshot caption)
Sephiroth's voice is heard through his "mother," Jenova, as applied through
its cells in the Sephiroth Clones.

------------------------

Jenova (Pages 210-213) (005.1)
An intelligent lifeform from somewhere in space. Approximately 2000 years ago,
it crashlanded at the North Pole (the vicinity of Icicle Lodge's present location), negatively affecting the Planet; it came to
be feared as "the Calamity from the Skies" by the Ancients, who still existed
in great numbers at that time.
Vicious, extremely aggressive and cunning. Having no thoughts of creating
anything following bringing destruction, it only follows its instincts to
incite ruin , utilizing its mimic ability (-->P.211) to infect other living
organisms with its virus. In addition, due to its abnormal resilence, even if
dismembered, its cells will call out to one another, seeking to reunite into
their original form (-->Reunion/P.211).

The scar Jenova's landing left on the Planet remains even to the present day,
being now known as "the Northern Crater."

(Accompanying screenshot caption)
The parts that are seperated from the main body are still able to function as
extensions. That is what those monsters called "Jenova" are that Cloud and
company fight during the journey.

Professor Gast and the Jenova Project
Approximately 2000 years ago, Jenova collided with the Planet, and although
the Ancients were nearly reduced to extinction, some Ancient survivors
managed to seal Jenova underground in a deep sleep. However, Jenova would
awaken because of Gast's guidance of Shin-Ra's Science Department.

The Ancients(Page 214) (005.2)
The race also called "the Cetra," these people lived on the Planet in ancient
times. The Forgotten Capital and the Temple of the Ancients along with nature
and a single woman are their only remaining traces.

They spoke with the Planet and helped to cultivate it, channeling the
Lifestream to many places, inciting an abundant cycle of life. When Jenova
came from outer space, some of them moved to the North Pole in an attempt to
ease the Planet's wound which had come as a result of the collision . Using its mimic ability,
Jenova got close to the Cetra and released its virus upon them, nearly
driving them to extinction.

ScreamPaste
And yet Sephiroth get's KO'd by omnislash. angel

K1ll3r

So either A. Omnislash has planet re-arranging capabilities.

or B. You use the fact that Omnislash isn't physical.

NemeBro
What did your post have to do with what I said?

Jenova has never taken such force either. She rides planets.

SpadeKing

you can just let sephiroth hit you and hit him for just 1 with cloud and he dies slowly like the roach he is ermm

K1ll3r
Originally posted by NemeBro
What did your post have to do with what I said?

Jenova has never taken such force either. She rides planets.

Then crashes the planet she rides into the planet she is attacking.

Note: Pictures can be clicked on to see a higher resolution version.

Approximately 2000 years ago, Jenova collided with the Planet

Approximately 2000 years ago, it crash landed at the North Pole

The scar Jenova's landing left on the Planet remains even to the present day, being now known as "the Northern Crater."

El Oh El Let's go through this:

Approximately 2000 years ago Jenova was moving/riding this:

(The thing completely covered in fire and lightning and whatnot.)

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5579/vlcsnap52859.th.png

"Sail the cosmos with this planet as my vessel just as my mother did long ago."

Apparently it started off as a planet.

Jenova collided with the FF7 planet, which after 2000 years of the planet healing itself still looked like this:

Comparing the side of the Crater to a Helicopter:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8953/helicomparedtocratera.th.png

Closeup:

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/7030/helicomparedtocraterb.th.png

Top view:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9323/topviewcrater.th.png

Also, it goes a really really really really far way down, even though the planet has tried to heal it. Can you imagine what it was like when it originally hit?

Originally posted by SpadeKing
you can just let sephiroth hit you and hit him for just 1 with cloud and he dies slowly like the roach he is ermm

The intended gameplay is that you are supposed to use Omnislash to defeat him, that is why you specifically learn it right before this fight.

SpadeKing
The intended gameplay is that you are supposed to use Omnislash to defeat him, that is why you specifically learn it right before this fight.

right before? I thought it was learned during that final cutscene?

Luminatus
So...what's your point? Making a hole on a continent isn't equal to moving continents.

K1ll3r
right before? I thought it was learned during that final cutscene?

What? The intended gameplay is still to hit him with Omnislash.

Originally posted by Luminatus
So...what's your point? Making a hole on a continent isn't equal to moving continents.

...However it is eqaul to or greater then the force required to move a continent. Also, it would have started off a hell of a lot bigger then what we see now.

SpadeKing
What? The intended gameplay is still to hit him with Omnislash.

I refuse to call that disappointment gameplay.

K1ll3r
Well...Ummm. DERP.

SuperLuigi
the end of final fantasy 7 is only loseable to retarded children. if cloud has the buster sword but sephiroth has like 1 hp anyway

Equity/Void

XanatosForever
Way to necro, Junior. thumb down

Cloud's Apollo
Sephiroth in a curbstomp. Kefka's vastly overrated, both as a combatant and a character.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Cloud's Apollo
Sephiroth in a curbstomp. Kefka's vastly overrated, both as a combatant and a character. Sephiroth is the most overrated character in existence.

ArtificialGlory
Sephiroth in a curbstomp. Kefka's vastly overrated, both as a combatant and a character.

Now this is ironic as hell.

Cloud's Apollo
As a combatant: Sephiroth displays the ability to summon solar system busting supernovae, hold back a planetary destructive force of energy (holy) with telekinesis, erect a magical barrier that was capable of blocking a blast from the Sister Ray canon that tore a hole right through one of the Goddess created defenders of the planet, one of the WEAPONs, and eventually gains full control over the entire negative life stream and has been stated by his creators to not have displayed anything close to his true power.

As a character: he has incredible visual appeal, and an incredibly well told backstory.

I fail to see how Kefka truly compares or how Sephiroth is somehow overrated.

MooCowofJustice
What is it with all the Sephiroth fans thinking he's pretty?

Cloud's Apollo
It's the hair.

Phanteros
As a combatant: Sephiroth displays the ability to summon solar system busting supernovae, hold back a planetary destructive force of energy (holy) with telekinesis, erect a magical barrier that was capable of blocking a blast from the Sister Ray canon that tore a hole right through one of the Goddess created defenders of the planet, one of the WEAPONs, and eventually gains full control over the entire negative life stream and has been stated by his creators to not have displayed anything close to his true power.

As a character: he has incredible visual appeal, and an incredibly well told backstory.

I fail to see how Kefka truly compares or how Sephiroth is somehow overrated. Simple Clowns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ass clowns.

Phanteros
It's the hair. You mean his generic anime looking hair?

Cloud's Apollo
Oh Yeah.

Cloud's Apollo
You mean his generic anime looking hair?

yes

Phanteros
Oh Yeah. That's KH Sephiroth who is loser like the the real one.

Phanteros
yes There's really nothing special about him.

Cloud's Apollo
Being serious, its a combination of things: the hair, the masamune, the one wing angel thing going on. Incredible visual appeal.

Cloud's Apollo
That's KH Sephiroth who is loser like the the real one.

no expression

I think somebody's a little jealous.

Phanteros
Being serious, its a combination of things: the hair, the masamune, the one wing angel thing going on. Incredible visual appeal. Nothing original about him.

ScreamPaste
In seriousness... Supernova's an illusion.

Phanteros

no expression

I think somebody's a little jealous. You mixed "telling the truth" with jealousy.

Cloud's Apollo
It's a combination of factors that combine into a unique look.

Cloud's Apollo
In seriousness... Supernova's an illusion.

What?

ScreamPaste
This is wrong. Supernova's an illusion, lol.

Phanteros
It's a combination of factors that combine into a unique look. Not really compared to their earlier work. Exdeath looks visually better and so does Kefka because they are more original.

Cloud's Apollo
What would indicate that it's an illusion?

Cloud's Apollo
That's what I thought.

Cloud's Apollo
Back down fool.

Phanteros
Back down fool. Give him time to reply instead of triple posting.

Cloud's Apollo
NO!

Phanteros
NO! Shut up.

Cloud's Apollo
NO!

Phanteros
NO! Last warning stop.

ScreamPaste
haermm I smell a troll.

For one, he can do it multiple times without ever actually destroying anything... :P

Cloud's Apollo
I will never stop!

Cloud's Apollo
haermm I smell a troll.

For one, he can do it multiple times without ever actually destroying anything... :P

What?

Phanteros
Originally posted by Cloud's Apollo I will never stop! Final warning....

ScreamPaste
Supernova = illusion. It never destroys anything, doesn't instakill the party, or kill everyone on the planet like it should. He can do it multiple times, and it shows the same planets being busted... As though.. they wweren't broken before? OMG!

MooCowofJustice
Sephiroth has no visual appeal. He needs a friggin haircut.

Phanteros
should of stopped while he was a head.

ArtificialGlory
Told him to stop.

Do you have the authority to banhammer people?

Phanteros
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Do you have the authority to banhammer people? No I was just telling him to stop spamming. because he was getting annoying.

SpadeKing
huh whats with this poll? Kefka owns him

Sin_Volvagia
huh whats with this poll? Kefka owns him

Now it's tied.

Cloud'sApollo
Supernova = illusion. It never destroys anything, doesn't instakill the party, or kill everyone on the planet like it should. He can do it multiple times, and it shows the same planets being busted... As though.. they wweren't broken before? OMG!

That's because, as a summon, each supernova draws the opponents targeted into a completely separate dimension. The main planet and its population remain unaffected for that very reason, the party presumably had means to defend themselves against it, and the fact that each supernova is drawn from a different dimension would account for the planets in every new dimension being intact.

ScreamPaste
haermm

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Cloud'sApollo
That's because, as a summon, each supernova draws the opponents targeted into a completely separate dimension. The main planet and its population remain unaffected for that very reason, the party presumably had means to defend themselves against it, and the fact that each supernova is drawn from a different dimension would account for the planets in every new dimension being intact.

Did you just pull that out of your ass?

ScreamPaste
I think he did.

Cloud'sApollo
Compilation Ultimania Guide:

Summoned Beasts

Beings which are called forth from summon materia, many of which outwardly resemble monsters. As seen in the original game of FFVII, the summon beasts draw their targets into their own unique space in order to attack. However, Advent Children's Bahamut Tremor, was a summon beast who attacked while interacting with the real world.

Burning thought
Supernova is not a summoned beast....

Phanteros

Summoned Beasts

Beings which are called forth from summon materia, many of which outwardly resemble monsters. As seen in the original game of FFVII, the summon beasts draw their targets into their own unique space in order to attack. However, Advent Children's Bahamut Tremor, was a summon beast who attacked while interacting with the real world. You act as if Kefka can't do this.

Cloud'sApollo
Yes it is, it has been confirmed in multiple sources, including that very one to be a summoned beast.

"Beings which are called forth from summon materia, many of which outwardly resemble monsters"

It's the kind that doesn't outwardly resemble a monster.

Cloud'sApollo
You act as if Kefka can't do this.

Kefka has never come close to demonstrating that level of destructive power, all the while not having displayed close to his true level of power.

Phanteros
Kefka has never come close to demonstrating that level of destructive power, all the while not having displayed close to his true level of power. Umm he can.

ScreamPaste
Gentlemen, we have our Terryc replacement.

Cloud'sApollo
Umm he can.

And the proof for that would be?

Cloud'sApollo
I can only assume that Terryc was quite the ravishing fellow.

ScreamPaste
You'd get along with him just fine.

Phanteros
And the proof for that would be? Light of judgment.

Cloud'sApollo
Right, because that operates on a remotely comparable scale. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ScreamPaste
I'm just going to highlight one thing;

If Sephiroth can instantly transfer Cloud to another dimension, and cause a star there to explode, and blow up that solar system;

1. Why does this not kill the party, who are relatively weak by VG standard.
2. Why not just teleport them away so he can win for once.
3. Why does he fail so hard to achieve anythign other than darkening the sky a bit in AC?
4. Why do they come back after being teleported to another dimension?
6. Why doesn't Sephiroth just blow up the sun in FF7?

Phanteros
Right, because that operates on a remotely comparable scale. roll eyes (sarcastic) Unlike supernova its a canon ability.

Cloud'sApollo
I'm just going to highlight one thing;

If Sephiroth can instantly transfer Cloud to another dimension, and cause a star there to explode, and blow up that solar system;

1. Why does this not kill the party, who are relatively weak by VG standard.

Not only does this claim lack proof, it's entirely possible that the party members possessed some kind of materia/combination of materia that in conjunction with their unaided levels of ability allowed them to evade the attack or defend against it head on.

1. His intentions in the vast majority of the occasions that we see him is to simply toy with the protagonists (directly stated by the creators and suggested by his own actions).

2. That the targets of the summon don't permanently remain in the separate summon's dimension would kind of make that difficult.

Again, as the creators directly state, his intentions throughout AC were to completely toy with Cloud in direct physical combat; there was no need for any overt display of offensive power.

Could it be because that's how summons work? As soon as the summon is defeated or dissipates, the targeted combatants are brought back to the planet.

Could it be because the summon only operates in its own separate dimension?

ScreamPaste
So, Sephiroth can blow up suns in other dimensions, but not his own... And the FF7 party can survive super novas... haermm

Cloud'sApollo
Unlike supernova its a canon ability.

Not that that was what you were originally claiming, supernova has been referenced by the creators in out of universe reference material, referred to as Sephiroth's signature attack by members of Sephiroth's fan club in Crisis Core, and appears in non variable gameplay, all of which would make it a canon attack.

Cloud'sApollo
So, Sephiroth can blow up suns in other dimensions, but not his own...

That would be how summons operate, yes. Its a good thing Sephiroth is able to draw whoever he wants to into that separate dimension.

Presumably (given that it actually happened).

Phanteros
Not that that was what you were originally claiming, supernova has been referenced by the creators in out of universe reference material, referred to as Sephiroth's signature attack by members of Sephiroth's fan club in Crisis Core, and appears in non variable gameplay, all of which would make it a canon attack. Not really its just a cinematic move. the canonical ablity of it was just a large explosion. and if it was real then it would of blow killed Cloud easily. unless your impling cloud has supernova durability which isn't true.

Phanteros
Poor dupe.

SpadeKing

Summoned Beasts

Beings which are called forth from summon materia, many of which outwardly resemble monsters. As seen in the original game of FFVII, the summon beasts draw their targets into their own unique space in order to attack. However, Advent Children's Bahamut Tremor, was a summon beast who attacked while interacting with the real world.
Originally posted by Burning thought
Supernova is not a summoned beast....

best part about that is! not only is it an illusion magic attack, the real strongest move that Sephiroth had in his arsenal is a meteor that was gonna injure the planet which took weeks to come eek!

kefka took... little time.

Kefka = what Sephiroth wants to be when he grows up

ScreamPaste
This kid gets banned daily, lol.

Phanteros
This kid gets banned daily, lol. If only he didn't decide to dupe.

SpadeKing
I bet he returns as Cloud's Ap0ll0

Sephiroth's super nova never remains the same in any games either, he doesn't have any such power to transport anyone into a different dimension don't know what random fanboyism you pulled this from, obviously that move doesn't work like that cause cloud barerly survived being stabbed a few times by sephiroth until Zack appeared. (Stabbings < Explosions)

The only thing Sephiroth summon is a meteor that took a long time to come to the planet. Kefka received his powers from a god, Sephiroth got his from colored marbles... guess which is stronger?

Phanteros
I bet he returns as Cloud's Ap0ll0

Sephiroth's super nova never remains the same in any games either, he doesn't have any such power to transport anyone into a different dimension don't know what random fanboyism you pulled this from, obviously that move doesn't work like that cause cloud barerly survived being stabbed a few times by sephiroth until Zack appeared. (Stabbings < Explosions)

The only thing Sephiroth summon is a meteor that took a long time to come to the planet. Kefka received his powers from a god, Sephiroth got his from colored marbles... guess which is stronger? The Blood Clown.

SuperLuigi
please tell me what kefka can do to touch sephiroth

Phanteros
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
please tell me what kefka can do to touch sephiroth Beem his ass.

MooCowofJustice
:O

Cloud's Apollo is a sock!

Phanteros
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
:O

Cloud's Apollo is a sock! A little to late for that.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
please tell me what sephiroth can do to touch kefka

fixed

SuperLuigi
same thing any of the ff6 party members can except better

Quaake
Well alex mercer (from would kick both there ass

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Quaake

Not really, no.

Quaake
i think he would he would. you obviously dont know what your talkin about

Phanteros
He can beat Sephiroth but not Kefka.

SpadeKing

haermm

SuperLuigi
i obviously dont know what im talkin about

fixed

Quaake
kefka is a little wimp my aunt would kill him with her ass

SuperLuigi
your aunt would die no homo

Phanteros
kefka is a little wimp my aunt would kill him with her ass Your aunt will get mind ****ed(metaphor for mind control)

Quaake
my aunt wouldnt die...she has the fatest ass in excistens kefka would die nd my aunt would even know she sat on him

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>