The Republic Fallls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stefan Kojic
We know that the Republic falls in Ep.III. Who do you think is the guilty one? I'm not talking about Palps cos' he's evil and it's natural that he wants to end the Republic. But for example, Jar Jar authorized the creation of a clone army and created the Clone War when Padme thought that there was a way trough negotiations. Padme selfishly fell in love with Ani who wouldn't marry her if she didn't tell him that she loves him( and probably wouldn't turn to the Dark Side). Or maybe the Jedi Council who let Anakin on a assingment without Obi( if Obi was there Anie couldn't leave Naboo). Your thoughts?

Darth_Janus
Well, I want you to take a good long look at the Senate meetings in the movies. That large room with all the floating bumper car-esque things holding about three to four reps each. There's, let's say, representation for a thousand or more planets. Maybe even a dozen times that.

You take one guy and give him a job. He does it. You take two, a bit faster. Five? Depends on the job. Sixty? Don't hold your breath.

The Republic was too large and too stagnate to prepare itself for Sidious's treachery. Large bodies of democracy move with all the speed of elephants in quicksand when it comes to decisive action. If the body of government had been smaller and better organized, with less politicians on the take and a law against Gunguns even being present during a vote, it might have stood a better chance of not crumbling. That and it should have had a better military, for sure.

stefaan
Well i really never understood why Jar Jar voted for the creation of an army when amidala was against that. How dumb is that or am i not getting anything?

Vanquish
There are many plot lines that led to the end of the Republic, but I think Windu certainly is responsible for a lot of it. He was the one that confronted Sideous when he should not have, and as arrogant as he is, he went in unprepared. Then, he actually has palpy defenseless and begging for his life. Instead of doing the Jedi thing and arresting him, he went in with rage for the kill. No pure Jedi would have done that, but Mace isn't a pure hearted Jedi so he is capable of killing when it isn't necessary (see his slaying of Jango, not necessary) It is only after Anakin witnesses Windu's strange decision to kill palpy that he decides to intervene. Anakin would have gone and helped Windu if the goal was to arrest Sideous. If that was Yoda, he would have tried to arrest him, and Anakin would have helped. But no, it was Windu's show, and he chose to go in for the final kill shot, and that's what set Anakin off and completed his path to the dark side.

XX Emperor XX
Damn vanquish use some spoiler warning in post next time...now I know why Anakin jumped in mad

Darth Luke
i think it was something to do with the droids in ep I, here me out, if the droids didnt bust up the queens ship it wouldnt of needed to land on tatooine and padme wouldnt of met ani and all this wouldnt of started but.....it did

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by stefaan
Well i really never understood why Jar Jar voted for the creation of an army when amidala was against that. How dumb is that or am i not getting anything? I believe that Jar Jar is being influenced by Sidious/Palapatine when this happens...watch the scene again and you can pick up on it.

Darth Luke
yeah they were going on about the vote and stuff and someone said 'if only senator amidala was here' and jar jar thinks to himself and the scene ends

NoFate007
I would say Yoda. He has been the leader of the council for centuries and he basically shifted how they acted single handedly. His lack of leadership (albeit he's a great Jedi Master) led to the way the Jedi act, and the way the Republic fell. He encouraged Mace's behavior as with others, when they even doubt when a Dark Jedi in league with the villains that were in league with the Sith, tells them who the Sith leader is! Yoda is gravely at fault. I don't think you can blame Anakin or Obi-Wan, or Qui-Gon saying that if they hadn't blah blah blah then Anakin wouldn't have destroyed the Jedi. Order 66 shows that the Jedi were outmatched without having Anakin finish the job.

astrofan428
I like what vanquish said

Darth Plagueis
This was a long, meticulously calculated set of plans and actions worked on for decades by an extremely powerfull dark lord of the Sith seeking to gain control of the galaxy and exact revenge on the Jedi that was set in motion a millenium ago, before even Yoda was born! To try and place specific 'blame' on any Jedi is like trying to pin World War 2 on any of the countries that suffered because of it. It might even be different if they sensed and ignored the threat, but it was being cleverly played out right under their noses, with full knowledge of the diminished Jedi sense to "see" the dark side.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.