Hercules vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Post Onslaught (Long-Haired) Hercules: Average/High CL 100+
- went toe-to-toe with Savage Hulk in Hulk-Hercules Unleashed, yet after awhile was getting his ass whupped.
http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=fullsize&issue=42271364524%201

Thor: High CL 100+
- Went toe-to-toe with Gladiator, but after awhile was getting his ass whupped as well.
http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=fullsize&issue=87389662764%2034

Who wins?

whirlysplat
Thor

armandovalles
Yea i think thor would win too but only because he can shoot lighting and other long-range attacks using mjolnir, if they fought hand-to-hand i bet Herc would win.

Khellendros
Hercules as a comic charcter has just never impressed me. It always seems liek there are other strong men in the books who can do anything he can but better. I say Thor takes the win with Mjolnir and in an up close fight.

armandovalles
in an up-close fight thor gets raped! even though post-onslaught herc is no longer as strong as he once was cuz he pissed off Zeus so Zeus took away his full godly strength, Herc is still a far better hand-to-hand fighter and can still kick thor's ass in a close-combat fight.

leonidas
this fight has always disappointed with the exception of the old giant sized thor where herc first appeared. in that, it was dead even. most of the fights since have had thor winning, though i'm not sure why. in that herc v hulk unleashed, herc was at a low point in his strength. when they clashed in an old tales to astonish herc had the upper hand though the first never ended, and when they tussled in the john byrne hulk, it was also dead nuts - herc deadlocked him after hulk basically messed up iron man, wonderman and namor. in a not-too-old avengers issue, wasp named him the strongest avenger the team ever had. i've loved herc for ages, but have always been disappointed with how his strength is portrayed - except in his limited series. in those babies he rocked!! (even took out zeus!)

paolo2134
If we are talking about the hercules who was portrayed in the hulk unleashed comicbook then thor takes him with or without the hammer as that herc was clearly powered down and had lost most of his invulnerability.As for immortal herc versus thor hand to hand could go either way although i disagree thar herc is a better fighter where is the evidence?if anything i would say herc is often shown to be over cocky and rash and prone to mistakes whereas thor is shown to be a much more determined fighter.As for who is stronger it depends who you ask it is no secret that stan lee thought thor was marvel's most powerful physical hero and in the early years he was always shown to be able to match the hulk even when he was enraged.I think they are most often shown as physical equals with the difference being absolutely negligible.

armandovalles
well if were talking about: current herc - they are equal.
- post-onslaught herc - thor is stronger.
- classic full-god herc - herc is much stronger.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by armandovalles
well if were talking about: current herc - they are equal.
- post-onslaught herc - thor is stronger.
- classic full-god herc - herc is much stronger.

I hate to tell you this Armand Herc has never been a full god. His mother is mortal and that makes him a demi god.

Thor wins

armandovalles
no he was once granted full godhood by his father Zeus.

whirlysplat
no he was once granted full godhood by his father Zeus. uh..................... comic book issue number, His demigodhood in traditional and marvel history is why he could battle the titans effectively on Earth.

who?-kid
Best fight between the two : when they first met (I think it was written by Stan Lee and the artwork was done by Kirby). Great fight, really.

armandovalles
u mean in secret wars?

who?-kid
Secret Wars ? Lol, no even older than that, back in the sixties.

They were fighting and destroying half of Olympus, and Zeus interfered and sent Thor back to Asgard (And Thor, say hi from me to that one-eyed freak you call a father ! wink )

whirlysplat
u mean in secret wars? uh............ if you mean was that when they met no! and if you mean herc had full godhood in secret was uh no. He did become a god once when the avengers took on the high evolutionary in the Evolutionary Wars Annuals crossover/ Avengers issue but he went to far and achieved ascended godhood. No way was this a classic herc! He met Thor in Journey into Mystery the first time I believe but it was befoe my time and I do not know the issue! roll eyes (sarcastic)

armandovalles
he became a god for a long time, he held up the world in Atlas' place for thousands of years as a god, and also held up manhattan as a god.

whirlysplat
he became a god for a long time, he held up the world in Atlas' place for thousands of years as a god, and also held up manhattan as a god. roll eyes (sarcastic) held up the world in place of Atlas, I see......... and in what story of the greek gods was this? I am fascinated to know roll eyes (sarcastic)

armandovalles
it was told by Hercules to Thor in a flashback avengers issue. I dont remember which one.

whirlysplat
it was told by Hercules to Thor in a flashback avengers issue. I dont remember which one. roll eyes (sarcastic) So it must be true.......its not like herc has a reputation as a bragger..........is it roll eyes (sarcastic)

ScarletSpider
Zeus, with Hercules having died way, way, back in ancient Greece, raised his son to Olympus and granted him full, godlike, immortality as enjoyed by the rest of the pantheon. This also increased his already formidable strength.

Later, in the mid 90s, Hercules did something to piss off Zeus, I forget what now, some pandering or other that Zeus deemed even too wanton for Hercules, his most rowdy of filial relations; at any rate, Zeus took from Hercules the immortality he had originally granted him. Shorn of that godly boon, so did a portion of his strength leave him, dropping him, variably, from writer to writer, to around class 50-80 strength.

Which is why, for a long time, I also was not a big fan of his. Dan Slott changed this in one issue of She-Hulk. Hercules is a rowdy libations loving loon (look, ma! alliteration!). He doesn't fight for the good of the world, he "shares the gift of battle" with his enemies, whom often find themselves bopped on the head by his Adamantine mace, with their crown split like an "o'er ripened melon." He's not interesting because he's strong, or because he's a Greek god. He's interesting because he's insanely ridiculous.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Zeus, with Hercules having died way, way, back in ancient Greece, raised his son to Olympus and granted him full, godlike, immortality as enjoyed by the rest of the pantheon. This also increased his already formidable strength.

Later, in the mid 90s, Hercules did something to piss off Zeus, I forget what now, some pandering or other that Zeus deemed even too wanton for Hercules, his most rowdy of filial relations; at any rate, Zeus took from Hercules the immortality he had originally granted him. Shorn of that godly boon, so did a portion of his strength leave him, dropping him, variably, from writer to writer, to around class 50-80 strength.

Which is why, for a long time, I also was not a big fan of his. Dan Slott changed this in one issue of She-Hulk. Hercules is a rowdy libations loving loon (look, ma! alliteration!). He doesn't fight for the good of the world, he "shares the gift of battle" with his enemies, whom often find themselves bopped on the head by his Adamantine mace, with their crown split like an "o'er ripened melon." He's not interesting because he's strong, or because he's a Greek god. He's interesting because he's insanely ridiculous. Uh Scarlet Spider, I hate to kinda disagree but in the 60's,70's and 80's witers always reffered to Hercules as a Demigod. At this time though in Marvel he was sronger than most true "gods" roll eyes (sarcastic)

armandovalles
no whirly splat they actually showed the flashback in the issue while he was talking about it.

whirlysplat
no whirly splat they actually showed the flashback in the issue while he was talking about it. So that means that Marvel Earth is held on the back of a god????? How does that work for continuity then, so what your saying is he holds the earth up. Standing on.....What? roll eyes (sarcastic)

armandovalles
i dont know, its kinda confusing, i didnt really understand, I JUST KNOW FOR A FACT THAT HE HELD UP THE EARTH.

whirlysplat
i dont know, its kinda confusing, i didnt really understand, I JUST KNOW FOR A FACT THAT HE HELD UP THE EARTH. I see roll eyes (sarcastic)

ScarletSpider
Yes. Demigod is his title and heritage, it does not reflect his powers or abilities. After his death in ancient myth, in Marvel continuity, the story of Hercules continued on. He is half human, but he was given extra godly powers by Zeus after his death.

Linkalicious
Post Onslaught (Long-Haired) Hercules: Average/High CL 100+
- went toe-to-toe with Savage Hulk in Hulk-Hercules Unleashed, yet after awhile was getting his ass whupped.
http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=fullsize&issue=42271364524%201

Thor: High CL 100+
- Went toe-to-toe with Gladiator, but after awhile was getting his ass whupped as well.
http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=fullsize&issue=87389662764%2034

Who wins?

Post Onslaught Hercules was nearly beaten to death by the Hulk. He threw a man-hole at Hulk, hitting him right in the middle of the chest and Hulk was completely unfazed. Hulk kept beating him worst and worst, but Herc would keep getting up until he is killed.

Thor has Mjolnir and that's all he needs. Herc would go down hard after a pretty good start.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Post Onslaught Hercules was nearly beaten to death by the Hulk. He threw a man-hole at Hulk, hitting him right in the middle of the chest and Hulk was completely unfazed. Hulk kept beating him worst and worst, but Herc would keep getting up until he is killed.

Thor has Mjolnir and that's all he needs. Herc would go down hard after a pretty good start.

Yup, and thats about it I thinksmile

Linkalicious
God my last 2 posts in this forum have had horrific grammar. embarrasment

who?-kid
You should be ashamed of yourself !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.