The Ravenger and other KOTOR-era musings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract

Kiu Dun
Te Ravanger was around during the Mandalorian Wars dude.

Darth_Glentract
I said that. did you freakin read it.

DCLXVI
The RAVAGER was probably more powerful than Malak & Saul's LEVIATHAN, though it's not really possible to tell.
Made on the Star Forge? Probably not, because the Sith Interdictor ships were, so the RAVAGER-like ships were probably those that Revan's fleet used to destroy the Mandalorian fleet.
Alot of the things you muse about above could just be speculation, but who really knows....

Fishy
The ravager was most likely a republic ship.

To answer your question about why they only build one... There were only two Bismarck like ships created by the german fleet, because it was to expensive and to time consuming to do so. The second one was created after the first one was destroyed.

The republic probably gave Revan their strongest ship as he was the most powerful General at that time, he controlled it. Went away with it, the republic thought the war was over and saw no need to create another one. When Revan returned with a Sith Armada the republic could have ordered the construction of a new ship. But ship building takes years, especially one that isn't a standard.

For all we know the ship was build somewhere on the outer rim, and Revan took over the plant it was build.

Anyways i think it was a Republic ship that was given to Revan to use in the Mandelorian wars. They didn't build a new one because they didn't think it was necessary, and when Revan returned he either destroyed or took over the plant, or the Republic just did not have the time to finish it by the time of Kotor.

Ships like that were probably incredibly expensive otherwise they would have had more of them, and after the Mandelorian wars the Republic was having enough trouble keeping money going for more standard things then huge and powerful flag ships. After Revan his return they just did not have the time, money or opportunity to build a new one.

Julie
Ravenger got a little beat up during the mandalorian wars....okay so what....if Revan was at the helm good bye mandalorians

Darth_Janus
Does the Ravager show the wounds made by Malak in the battle? Is the bridge same as in the cutscene in KOTOR I?

archive monitor
the bump on the bottom is actually a shield generator, star destroyers have 3

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Does the Ravager show the wounds made by Malak in the battle? Is the bridge same as in the cutscene in KOTOR I?

No but it shows signs of being repaired

Julie
repair follows damage so I guess that's logical

Darth Mantis
The ravanger is a piece of junk... I swear to god that a piece of bubble gum is keeping the ship together... Just incase Nihilus is sleeping... lol

Darth_Janus
Interesting KOTOR II tidbit... With level three Battle Meditation, you can use it to affect the faction troops in the royal palace on Onderon.

Fishy
I know, your point being?

Fishy
Anyways the Ravager wasn't Revan his ship.. Just found out during another game of Kotor II

The Ravager although showing signs of being repaired crashed at Malachor V. Revan didn't crash his ship at Malachor V. Revan left Malachor V in his ship. I don't know who owned the Ravager, but it wasn't Revan.

Darth_Glentract
It specifacly says it was Revan's flagship.

Darth_Janus
Revan wasn't even present at Malachor V during the battle. He was away fighting another force and could nto be back in time. Bao Dur says this/

Fishy
At the time the Shadow Generator was activated... He had to be present at Malachor...

This is something that has always bothered me, in Kotor they all speak about how Revan won the battle at Malachor and defeated the Mandelorians. Even kotor II manages it, yet still somehow they say the Exile did it all... I hate that part, so i'm just going to assume that the weapon Bao Dur created blew up a part of the Mandelorian fleet and created Malachor V as it is now. But that it didn't destroy the Mandelorians...

And when was it said that it was Revan his flagship? Its kinda confusing because on the one hand its said that Revan wasn't there, then its said that he won the battle, then all of a sudden his ship crashed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.