I am really concerned about Batman Begins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
I say that because compared to the unbelieveable amount of advertising Batman 89 got when it was made,this movie is not getting anywhere near the publicity,promotions or advertising Batman 89 got when it came out.As far as back as in 88,Batman 89 had a year long advertising campaine that went on advertising that movie way back in the theaters in 88 with posters in the movie theaters of batman 89 with trailers starting back then in 88 and an unlimited supply of commercials with advertisements for it on coke bottles,cereal boxes,fast food joints,ect.The advertising and promotions for Batman Begins dont even come close to that and they really didnt start promoting it that big until the superbowl which is a great concern of mine because that was a large part of batman 89's success was the brilliant advertising and marketing campaine it had going on.It saddens me that Batman Begins hasnt done the same thing because from the trailers of this movie,it looks like they are FINALLY making a real kick butt Batman movie for the first time which excites me because the sad truth here folks is that ALL the Batman movies sucked and now that it looks like they finally are making a GOOD Batman movie,they are not promoting it that much. sad If for some strange reason,the film turns out to suck which I highly doubt it will then I will have no compliants about its lack of advertising. But if its as great a film as it looks like it is and its not a huge moneymaker at the box office.I will be steamed. mad

DarkCrawler
Agree. Finally, an good batman movie. But the Episode III is coming on the same time and it doesn't probably get as much publicity because of it...

NoFate007
Star Wars always makes good money and lots of advertising, and this year that's gonna be even more than Episode II was. Batman Begins, although it will make lots of money, will be outshined by EP3, even though it should do very well.

LousyBoy
You dont like any movie Parker so i im sure your not gonna like Batman Begins.

Mr Parker
Surely you meant to say Comicbook movies? I wouldnt be here if I didnt like ANY movies. roll eyes (sarcastic) and even if that is what you are saying you dont thave a clue whatsoever what you are talking about because I have said on many many occassion in the past I loved the first two Superman movies,Dick Tracy,Elektra,ect.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sileas
here's a theory on why it's different.

in 1989 it was new. nobody'd done a batman movie before. things were very quiet. sure, by that point I think frankmiller (right?) had come on board, but that was just the comics, and the mainstream folks (read - me) don't pay attention to comics (don't hurt me!). hence the mile wide, year-long campaign. this time around, batman is, comparatively speaking, old news to the big screen. it isn't a case of "Hey! Look what we found!" it's more a case of "ok, yeah, batman's been done before, but THIS time we're a'gonna get it RIGHT, dammit!" hence the somewhat quieter, shorter campaign. smile

Mr Parker
Hmmm good theory Sileas and thanks for sharing your two cents worth. smile I am looking forward to this film because as you said they look like they have the mindset of-This time lets get it right dammit. big grin

vaya_the_elf
I'm a little bit worried about. Only for a few reasons.

One because the last batman movie sucked.
Two the car does not look the greatest, but i think i can live through it.
Three scarecrow looks stupid

but i don't know.

All i know is I'm going to see it anyways, and hope for the best.

OtterVomit
Once he becomes Batman, they hit the nail on the head as far as the way Batman operates. But its what leads up to him becoming Batman that they've slightly skewed.

wuTa
i wouldnt worry about batman not doing good at the box office.....its batman, it'll do fine...hell, if a shitty batman movie like Batman and Robin can be #1 at the box office than imagine what a good batman flick would do.....i'm actually glad there not advertising it as much as everything else...too many trailers and advertising ruins the aura, concept, and gives too much way...look at star wars...i felt like i've seen the movie already with all the trailors and teasors

WindDancer
I'm not the least worry. I know this time WB will finally do justice to Batman by not ruin the storyline. This will be a hit. Besides the day is just perfect. After the SW Episode III hype slows down many people will check out Begins. Everything seems in order. Batman looks great and it fails in the box office....oh well, it does. Regardless, this film looks very promising. Great cast and a storyline.

Mainstream
this will be the true batman movie.....the other four movies...just warm-ups. and the car is okay...it looks like it can take some punishment.

LousyBoy
Your not a fan of comic book movie, you dont excited about them your critical of them cause your so used to the nostalgic and "true" way of the comics. The movies dont have that, so therefore you cannot be and SHOULD NOT be a comic book movie fan and you shouldnt post here. You dont a majority of comic book movies so how can you call yourself a fan of them? I dont see you as one and you should take another look at your self. Wash your face off from the filth you spread.

DirectorFitz
I think that after Episode III comes out....it will fade away within weeks...just like Episode II, and then when Batman swoops into theaters on June 15th, it will take #1 at the box office

Joker1237
Not unless esp 3 just shocks the theaters, and becomes a classic up there with Empire Strikes back.

Sileas
(very small stoopud slightly off-the-topic question) er.....there's ANOTHER star wars movie coming out? shows how much I pay attention.... blushing

NoFate007
Theres no way that Episode III is gonna fade away that quick. Episode II didn't even fade away that quick, and this one has so much more going for it in basically every category. I think that Episode III will completely dominate the box office, and theres a possibility that June 15th, Batman will be #1, and at the very least, it'll be #2. Episode III and Batman Begins will both hold 1 and 2, I highly, highly doubt that any other film will place before either of them. And then Fantastic Four comes around, gets #4 or so, and makes everyone feel horrible that Batman and Episode III are still placing higher than it even though its been a month or two lol.

vaya_the_elf
The time is right, but I just wonder if they will screw up the plot line. Or worse Batman.

tlbauerle
So much of this film could be good...but so much could be bad.

Issues of concern are first the trend of craptacular Batman films with each one getting worse...this is even personified in the Batmobile...I think this one is the worst so far.

Secondly...two composers for the soundtrack? eek. I wonder what Batman theme they will use for this film...its too bad Elfman didn't write this one.

Third...and I agree with many, the marketing is an uphill battle, expecially with Episode III. In one month's time...I don't think Batman Begins can knock it off its pedistal. Especially with this marketing campaign.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by LousyBoy
Your not a fan of comic book movie, you dont excited about them your critical of them cause your so used to the nostalgic and "true" way of the comics. The movies dont have that, so therefore you cannot be and SHOULD NOT be a comic book movie fan and you shouldnt post here. You dont a majority of comic book movies so how can you call yourself a fan of them? I dont see you as one and you should take another look at your self. Wash your face off from the filth you spread.

wow. this BOY here shows he doesnt have a clue what he is talking about since I have stated many times in the past that I was excited about Elektra coming out and I am even more excited about Batman Begins.Yet here he is saying I dont get excited about comicbook movies? roll eyes (sarcastic) I just stated there have been comicbook films made before that I really loved yet here he is saying that I dont like comicbook movies or get excited about them? what kind of logic is that I ask you all? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing laughing

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by DirectorFitz
I think that after Episode III comes out....it will fade away within weeks...just like Episode II, and then when Batman swoops into theaters on June 15th, it will take #1 at the box office

Well obviously you have not been following the hype around Ep. 3 at all.

Batman will do just fine, actually I think it has more of a possibilty of falling off the face of the earth than Star Wars.

ayjay
imo...i think Ep III is gonna hold #1 for a very very long time. i think it will take a few months at least to knowck it from the top spot...but, if any movie is gonna knock it off....it'll be BB. The differenc btw the two...is that star wars had had an amazing repuation. Every star wars episode has been a ripper, whereas, unfortunately, with Batz, his past few movies have been crappy, and so, psychologically, ppl will be more proned to gravitate twoards Ep III...BUT....BB is commin out towards the end of EPIII hot zone....i think that it will at least hit #2

SpyCspider
IMO...i think the general public's reaction to hearing about Batman Begins is like "whaaa? another one?"

Comic fans are like "finally....a sense of hope. They're going to make it right again....or else we're giving up on Hollywood for good."

There's not that much publicity about Batman Begins AT ALL. I think in part, they're sort of embarrassed to hype it up so much considering how bad the last movie was. Hyping it up might just bite them back in the ass down the road if people don't like it.

So far so good though it seems from the trailers. The only thing that's irritating me blatantly is the Bat-junk-mobile.

Mr Parker
Yeah if only they could get the kick butt one back from the orignal movie,it would be so awesome.But yeah other than that,so far so good it seems from the trailers.After seeing the newest trailer I am so psyched for this movie knowing that THIS time they are doing everything right it appears. Happy Dance

WindDancer
Well Mr Parker I agree and I also think that WB has learn it's lesson from the past. Instead of concentrating in marketing the film with weak sequels this time they are concentrating in storyline. Watch I willing to bet that Sony will take the same road with spiderman like the WB did with Batman in the 90's.

Mr Parker
Its funny that you mentioned that because I was just going to say the same thing. big grin Yeah thats what I am thinking as well that with the way they are redoing Batman and they are pushing all the right buttons this time and seem to be getting everything right this time around,that some movie company in the future probably 15 to 20 years down the road well get competent scriptwriters and a competent director and get spiderman right and do him justice as well. smile

RogueGambitdare
I think the WB needed to remake Batman, I mean the first ones sucked! This one actually looks good.

Mr Parker
If you thought they sucked then why do you have them listed in your favorite movies list? roll eyes (sarcastic) confused confused

bakerboy
Well, i think that this movie isnt geting a lot of publicity because is the movie number five about a character in 16 years. The first batman got a lot more publicity because was the first time on doing batman on big screen. Also there are a lot of blockbusters in the same time, star wars, fantastif four, war of the worlds, etc. But i have the felling that this movie will be a lot better than the other four craps and will get a very good box office.

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I say that because compared to the unbelieveable amount of advertising Batman 89 got when it was made,this movie is not getting anywhere near the publicity,promotions or advertising Batman 89 got when it came out.As far as back as in 88,Batman 89 had a year long advertising campaine that went on advertising that movie way back in the theaters in 88 with posters in the movie theaters of batman 89 with trailers starting back then in 88 and an unlimited supply of commercials with advertisements for it on coke bottles,cereal boxes,fast food joints,ect.The advertising and promotions for Batman Begins dont even come close to that and they really didnt start promoting it that big until the superbowl which is a great concern of mine because that was a large part of batman 89's success was the brilliant advertising and marketing campaine it had going on.It saddens me that Batman Begins hasnt done the same thing because from the trailers of this movie,it looks like they are FINALLY making a real kick butt Batman movie for the first time which excites me because the sad truth here folks is that ALL the Batman movies sucked and now that it looks like they finally are making a GOOD Batman movie,they are not promoting it that much. sad If for some strange reason,the film turns out to suck which I highly doubt it will then I will have no compliants about its lack of advertising. But if its as great a film as it looks like it is and its not a huge moneymaker at the box office.I will be steamed. mad

I am too parker that is why I am not going to see it.JM mad

Batman316
Personally I think anything trying to go head to head with EPIII will be crucified.
Don't get me wrong I think Batman Begins will rock but I am seriously doubting WB's mentality for releasing it so close to EPIII......

OB1-adobe
Episode 3 is going hold a surmountable intrest by the majority of the masses because this movie means something.

Its not just a typical story about a hero that has been re adapted a 1000 times. Its Revenge of the Sith, and the one and only.

Batman will be remade a redone in the future just like punisher, and superman.

RogueGambitdare
If you thought they sucked then why do you have them listed in your favorite movies list? roll eyes (sarcastic) confused confused
Cause, I like batman. And I just felt like puttin' them on there, cause I was bored. Wait. Why is this any of ur business again?

renegadedog
I think its a good thing the film isn't being hyped. Sometimes over-hyping can work against a film. People are quite jaded these days with films that don't live up to the hype. this film will just sneak up on people and they'll love it.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Batman316
Personally I think anything trying to go head to head with EPIII will be crucified.
Don't get me wrong I think Batman Begins will rock but I am seriously doubting WB's mentality for releasing it so close to EPIII......

In a way is a good thing. After the hype slows down a bit is most likely ppl will go check Batman Begins. June is a good month to release summer blockbusters.

Reborn Again
You have 2 remember that Batman Forever & Batman & Robin didn't do that well at the box office, so they're not sure about this new Batman movie.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Reborn Again
You have 2 remember that Batman Forever & Batman & Robin didn't do that well at the box office, so they're not sure about this new Batman movie.

I think you mean Batman and Robin? Batman Forever made a lot more at the box office than Batman Returns did.

Mainstream
Batman and Robin was the black sheep of the batman movies

MrHeavySilence
I always thought that Batman would get more respect if he faced a superlevel villain like a psionic powerhouse or somebody with super strength.

If Batman Begins does alright, they should make Bane look strong as hell..breaking through brick walls, damaging concrete pavements, and hurling cars.

wuTa
I think you mean Batman and Robin? Batman Forever made a lot more at the box office than Batman Returns did.

i believe all 4 of them held top spots at the box office when they came out.....

i seen another trailer for batman begins and after i seen it the 1st thing that popped in my head was....oh shit, bale looked like he is playing bruce wayne as he played the charactor from american pyscho....i warn you, if you havent seen this movie than don;t..or you could be like me and be laughing about the scenes in AP during batman begins

WindDancer
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence

If Batman Begins does alright, they should make Bane look strong as hell..breaking through brick walls, damaging concrete pavements, and hurling cars.

They did try make Bane look menacing in Batman & Robin and he was rather dull.

Zod4Life
Don't be worried.From the trailers we have seen so far,this is going to be one of the greatest superhero films of this year or possibly ever.Maybe even the best of this year.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Zod4Life
Don't be worried.From the trailers we have seen so far,this is going to be one of the greatest superhero films of this year or possibly ever.Maybe even the best of this year.

I hope Batman begins don't make me sick sick05

Bicnarok
the story sounds daft, but ill keep an open mind

Mainstream
it's darker....more like the comics batman..over the "holy strawberries Batman! aren't we in a jam" crap they did in the last two films...so I'll give them credit for that.biggrin

FLIPMODE
What are you saying, this movie is just slightly better than Batman REturns, no better than part 1 in 1989. It's not even going to make the expected sales.

Just below 200 mil. Watch.

Mainstream
you have to have faith

FLIPMODE
Batman Begins will make just under 200 Mil. It will not be even close to the top money maker of the year.

Harry Potter, I bet you anything will make way more than Begins.
Watch Just under 200 mil. You'll see. By July BB will be gone and forgotten. They would have done better in the fall.

And the MAIN reason why Batman Forever did so well, is because the the economy for movies was very strong then. NOW, it's a totally different story, it's VERY hard to get to 300 mil, a movie has to be GREAT! BB does not have this going for it.

Mainstream
I think BB will do okay....I hope anyway.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by FLIPMODE
What are you saying, this movie is just slightly better than Batman REturns, no better than part 1 in 1989. It's not even going to make the expected sales.

Just below 200 mil. Watch.

Kinda dumb to ALREADY be saying this movie is just slightly better than Batman Returns when you havent even seen it yet. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Based on how they have weakly promoted this movie,I am afrai you are right though that it will be below 200 million and because of the fact there have already been 4 films made. sad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by FLIPMODE
Batman Begins will make just under 200 Mil. It will not be even close to the top money maker of the year.

Harry Potter, I bet you anything will make way more than Begins.
Watch Just under 200 mil. You'll see. By July BB will be gone and forgotten. They would have done better in the fall.

And the MAIN reason why Batman Forever did so well, is because the the economy for movies was very strong then. NOW, it's a totally different story, it's VERY hard to get to 300 mil, a movie has to be GREAT! BB does not have this going for it.

errr a movie doesnt have to be great to make it to 300 million.there have been many crappy movies made before in recent years that made 300 million,that hardly makes it a great film just because of the box office take. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mainstream
it's not about how much money they make it's about quality. we've waited 8 years for a new batman film....will this film be worth the wait..those are the question you have to ask yourself...AFTER YOU'VE SEEN THEM FILM...NOT BEFORE.

FLIPMODE
In the past 3 years name a movie that made over 300 mil and was crap. SW does'nt count, and Shrek 2, is pure gold.

So can you think of anything? Domestic ONLY!

And quoting Cuba Gooding in Jerry McGuire, its about the quan! Even if BB was slightly good, it still needs the glitz and glam, to encourage multiple veiwings, to spawn WORTHY, sequels, not staright to DVD crapolas! Im telling you, 300 MIL is VERY hard to do this day and age without being, hugley, massively entertaining, or some phenom like SW or Spidey, or something slighltly revolutionary like Shrek.

EVEN Matrix movies could'nt get to 300 mil individually? You gotta be kidding me. BB is doing crap numbers.

Mr Parker
thats easy,the spiderman movies and yes shrek 2 were pure crap. roll eyes (sarcastic)

FLIPMODE
LOL! I told you could'nt name any besides what YOU think is crap, Shrek and Spidey.

Mr Parker
actually I did in fact name movies that ARE crap.Not my fault you enjoy watching crap and cant accept it that they are. big grin

manjaro
i think the new movie will be totally freaking awesome becuase it follows frank miller's Batman:year one pretty closely. not exactly with the overall story but from the point of view that bruce is just starting out and all his gadgets are in thier prototype phase. the only thing so far that ive seen lifted directly from the book was when he used all the bats as cover. that was just crazy. and also, the most important thing is that its not some lame ass prequel to try to save the franchise, they're starting from scratch.

even though Batman Forever made a lot of money it still sucked becuase they pretty much ruined all the characters. in fact, the only one that made any sense was riddler, that i bought. but if you know anything about two face he's a top notch, high profile mafia guy who wears finely tailored black and suits. not some slap happy, maniacal laughing character like what tommy lee jones did in the movie, and the way they portrayed gotham as some sci fi world, and how two face henchmen were all wearing neon makeup, and neon clothing. all in all it just look like a cheap imitation of the joker. plus val kilmer wasnt emotinally strong enuff to be a convincing bruce his character was alittle too Doom and Gloom.

and the one after that sucked even more becuase they chalked it full of too many stars. i dont even want to get into that one, but all in all i dont think there is anything to worry about with this new one. it will be great it will be a blockbuster, and at leat one more sequel is gonna be made from it. i think it was a smart choice to not have it compete with star wars, cuz star wars made tons of money but it had its run. in fact, i finally went to see it this sunday and the theater was pretty empty. so by the time BB comes out this weekend SW will be a fading memory, especially when BB gets to have its three or four week run by then SW will be a DISTANT memory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.