The Magic Star Wars future/past-o-scope! (Games in development)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Just a peek here at the developments of plotlines in the same (in a very vague sense) setting... gauging interest whilst I am here.

Ushgarak
Several thousand years ago, and the Galaxy is a different place. There is a Republic, but not the same Republic that exists subsequently. No period of Government lasts the centuries needed for the corruption of the contemporary Republic to set in- though Senators and others in power are still liable to be greedy, or incompetent, or evil, or all three.

In these times, the one constant is the Jedi. From the founding of interstellar civilisation itself, these tireless warriors have been the defenders of peace and justice. Many, of course, are the threats that beset the Jedi, but the greatest threat of all are the Sith.

There are as many legends as to the Sith's creation as there are stars in the sky- an old race of people corrupted by fallen Jedi. The name of an ancient and evil star God. Maybe just an inevitable part of creation, and the Force. All that is important is that the Sith forever lruk at the edges of the Galaxy, vying with each other for power- and seeking the opportunity to destroy the Jedi forever, and rule the Galaxy in darkness. Their ways are quick and easy, and they are not bound by morals and political necessity. Their true power is terrible to behold- yet they are their own worst enemy, for unlike the Jedi, they cannot focus their powers, forever wasting their energies on internal struggle. It takes a truly legendary Sith Lord to bring enough power together to truly threaten the Republic and the Jedi...

---

It is a time of war. Under the leadership of Darth
Malphas and his legions of fanatical Jovano warriors
the Sith are threatening the existance of the
Republic. Darth Varus, Malphas' feared lieutenant, has
destroyed the Third Republican fleet at the Battle of
Urian. Now the way is open for Malphas to launch an
invasion of Tarantis, "the hinge of the Republic".
Should Tarantis fall, the Republic will be cut in two
and a Sith victory must surely follow.

For the Jedi

As the Republic rushes re-inforcements to the
beleagured world of Tarantis, a small group of JEDI
KNIGHTS embark on a secret mission to Saralind. Their
goal is to rescue the last members of the royal house
of Kazarin before Saralind falls to Malphas' armies...

For the Sith

Acting swiftly before the Republic can bring in
re-inforcements, Malphas entrusts the assault of
Tarantis to his most promising acolytes. If they
succeed, they will have proved themselves as true
Sith. If they fail, only death awaits them...

---

This pitch forms the basis for the in-development pre-prequel era game, known loosely as the KOTOR game, as it is being written with the same theoretical basis- of examining a time when the Jedi and Sith clashed in large numbers- as that game, and the bulk of EU that it set itself within.

However, a deliberate creative decision has been taken to separate it from the KOTOR plotline. Although this game is set 'thousands' of years ago, as is KOTOR, that leaves plenty of room for it to be centuries apart from Revan's time. This is because the campaign needs creative room to not be impaired by a separate plotline. It also means the game is equally accessible to any Star Wars fan, not just one who has engaged with the earlier plot gumf.

The Jedi, as noted above, are a constant. Their role in this game is exactly the same as that in the current game, except on more of a war footing. Therefore, Jedi play is recommended for the following categories:

1. People who have never played the Light Side before and want to try it

2. People who have played it before and want to take a leading role in directing newer players, as Masters.

It is not recommended, on the whole, for those who are already playing the Light Side to just play again because the game won't actually be any different for you- and in this timr in particular, I reserve the right to reject any bid to play a Master from a player I do not think is 100% suitable.

Sith play is different- it is TOTALLY different to current Dark Side play. This part of the game is going to be where the largest differences are. It is also probably going to be pretty difficult! Anyone from either side of the current game can try this, and in fact probably better if veterans of the current game, rather than new players, look in this direction.

The game will probably feature some rules tweaks, especially in the use of powers (Force Lightning will almost certainly feature, because the Darths will be there in force), and the possibility of advancement in the Sith will exist.

There will be no Renegades or Marauders. Renegades hardly have time to not work for the Council when the Galaxy is threatened by the Sith- everyone is in the same boat, and besides which, the Order will not really tolerate such dissension with civilisation at stake. The Sith, desperate for numbers, will have recruited every potential Marauder in sight, ands they either work for the Sith or die. Sith templates will be like current Dark Jedi templates, though the Revenant will likely be replaced with a Sith version of the Acolyte.

This game is heavily into development and may well be available to play within about six months, either concurrently with the current story, or as a means of taking a break from it. Sharp-eyed players might spot a few links between the two...

Ushgarak
It is ten years since the Battle of Coruscant. The Jedi Order is gone, perhaps forever. The Old Republic has fallen in the chaos of war. Only the New Order can control the fractured Galaxy now. At its head is the Emperor. His Empire, under the direction of the Imperial Senate, now controls all of what was once the Old Republic.

Except some resist. Drawn together by mutual need, opposition to central control, moral standing and- in some cases- knowledge of the truth of the Emperor and his origins, some stand and fight, This Alliance of Rebels is no rag-tag band of unarmed peasants. It is a disciplined and well-equipped force- and it will do anything to prevent the Empire gaining total dominion over the Galaxy. Driven to the Outer Rim, they prepare to start their work.

Just as memories of the Clone Wars die down... a Civil War is beginning again.

-

The last of the Emperor's plans is now coming into place. The Jedi are dead. The Inner Worlds are secure. The plans that will lead to the evenutal removal of the Imperial Senate are in place. His secret weapon is well into development, His grand plan he put into effect twenty years earlier is nearly complete. He just needs to tie up the final loose end.

At the personal command of Lord Vader, an Imperial Fleet has travelled to the world of Lanzar. Much of the Galactic fleet is still involved in securing the Galaxy. Putting forwards the resources for this operation has not been easy. Yet it has been given a huge priority for completon. The Fleet Admiral, his Captains, the assault commanders, squadron leaders, and administrators know that success in this mission is a matter of life and death- knowing, as they do, the short lifespan displeasing Lord Vader tends to bring.

Their mission is not easy, but it is simple. It is genocide. Lanzar is to be totally destroyed- every life form on it oblitterated. It must be cleared! Its inhabitants are evil, twisted abominations, a threat to the security of the Empire. Crush them!

Yet it will be a little harder than they wanted. Controversially, the Rebel Alliance has made a daring decision- they will aid in the defence of Lanzar. They do this out of altruism- the Empire is to be resisted at all costs, and no species deserves annhilation. Yet, it was a difficult decision. The inhabitants of Lanzar are not moral creatures. They are no-one's defintion of good guys. But there can be no more moral grey areas. The Empire is evil, it must be stopped, and letting it destroy an entire race when you could have helped is too much for the Alliance to stomach. It is a shame, though, for the inhabitants are a people much of the Galaxy would be happy to see the back of, and who have ensured that the Galaxy is in the state it is in. They helped destroy the Jedi.

For Lanzar is the homeworld of the Osokans.

Admist the wooden halls of the Hunting Lodges, the Rebels prepare the Osokan defences, to meet the coming onslaught of the Imperial invasion...

---

My answers in the quiz section talk of the three stage Bureau plan- hunting criminals, hunting Dark Siders, hunting Jedi. It left out part 4- self-destruction. The political side of the Bureau is no longer needed; the Agents are now full members of the Empire itself. And its combat arm, the Osokan hunting teams, are no longer needed- the Jedi are dead. Which leaves this world full of psychopathically dangerous pig-beings, heavily armed and trained with specific specialities in destroying Force users. Who in their right mind would leave THEM around? So the Emperor takes the simple solution that the Empire now affords him. Extermination! From the very start of the Bureau plotline in the recent Dark Side campaign, their end at the hands of the Empire was in place.

It is for this reason it is intended that the current Dark Side players play the Empire. Not simply for a continuity of bad guys- but because it will be EVERYTHING they wanted, based on the game so far! Every thought of revenge and irritation about the pig beings will be satisified. There will be no question over their motivation! The theme is meant to be something along the lines of:

"A neurowhip, eh? Nice piece of technology, Not quite as nice, though, as... MY AT-AT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

(all is destroyed)

Indeed, what the Imperial templates lack in tricks and fortune points, they make up in sheer force of power behind them; from Assault Generals to Star Destroyer captains, the players are in the vanguard of true Imperial might.

Meanwhile, the Rebel templates have the luck and the skill but BOY, do they lack the resources! Well equipped the Alliance may be, but they are designed to hit and run, not take on the Empire in pitched battles- and the Osokans may be very worthy allies, but their combat style is not designed for field warfare!

It is a different sort of game- no force powers, no Sith plots to destroy the Galaxy (except the very successful one to own it already in place)- but one that should be great fun to play. Aside from the Osokans themselves, several other links might exist from the current game, though it is not intended to be totally wedded to it.

One major problem of an Imperials vs. Rebels game is the possible dullness of it- indeed, in an interesting inversion, it is easy to write Imperial plots, but tricky to give the Rebels interesting things to do. It is for this reason that the Imperial Senate is mentioned. Imperial control is not quite complete in this time frame- remember, even by the time of ANH, Vader plans to fake the destruction of the Tantive IV in order to not look like he killed everyone, and until the Senate is disbanded, sympathy for the Rebellion exists. So it's not quite a matter of the Empire doing whatever it wants, and there might be considerable oppostion to it in some places! In the political arena, good guy Statesmen and Imperial administrators will clash to gain advantage in their ultimate plans.

Thematically, the game is the opposite to this one- the bad guys start out triumphant, and good guys beaten... but as time goes by, the good guys will gain in power, until, of course, the final undoing of everything that is going wrong in the current game.

The Battle of Lanzar is meant to be a fun starting point, a 'pilot' for the game, as it were. Much of that story is complete, though when this game is truly ready to run, I cannot really tell you. Still- I thought you woild like to know!

Any comments on either game, more than welcome.

Jazzman_78
Well, I for one think the Empire/rebellion game sounds interesting. I would like a chance to explore what may have happened between ROTS and ANH. When the game is ready to go, I'd like a chance to partiicpate. Did you mean by mentioning the Senate that there amy be senatorial characters open? That would be interesting. Politics has always interested me, and dealing with the Emperor's schemes would be a challenge. Sounds like fun, just let me know.
-Andy

Fire
second game is a sure thing for me, don't think I'm gonna do the first one tho

Lana
First one sounds fun....I'd probably be a Sith, I don't think I could pull off playing a Jedi unless I was a Renegade which there aren't any of.

Second game, I would most DEFINITELY be an Imperial. I want to kill Osokans!!!! ****ing pigs. Oooooooooh do I want to wipe them out. Mwahahahahahhaha evil face

Uhh....no, I'm not insane or anything like.....confused

LanİeWindu™
I think the second game sounds awesome!!!

I'd be an Imperial in that one.

Captain REX
Destroy the Osokans!? Play as Sith Lords?!

Muahahahahhahaha...

Kiu Dun
I would definately be a Jedi in the first one and a Imperial in thwe second.

Lana
Originally posted by Captain REX
Destroy the Osokans!? Play as Sith Lords?!

Muahahahahhahaha...

My thoughts exactly.....evil face

big grin

Bespin Bart
Aww, no Renegades. Ah well.

Rebels! Fight the power! wink

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Jazzman_78
Well, I for one think the Empire/rebellion game sounds interesting. I would like a chance to explore what may have happened between ROTS and ANH. When the game is ready to go, I'd like a chance to partiicpate. Did you mean by mentioning the Senate that there amy be senatorial characters open? That would be interesting. Politics has always interested me, and dealing with the Emperor's schemes would be a challenge. Sounds like fun, just let me know.
-Andy

Yes- the 'Heroes and Scoundrels' templates include two Senator variants. As I say, they will be opposed by the Imperial Administators, which is an Imperial template. It gives an extra dimension to the game to stop it being just one string of battles, which would run out of steam pretty fast.

Well, glad to see there is good feedback here! Nothing is going to happen in a hurry, but plot ideas are in place.

LanİeWindu™
Whatever happened to the NJO game you were thinking of doing Ush?

Ushgarak
I wondered if you would ask that!

I only had a basic plot idea and I never really knew the NJO plotline. I can give you what the basics were if you want.

Captain REX
BB WAS HERE

LanİeWindu™
Sure! Though we won't be playing it I wanna see what you had in mind.

Bespin Bart
I'd like to see 'em. Anything to prolong the amount of time I'll spend on KMC playing Jedi. big grin

Ushgarak
Very well...

It is the time of the New Jedi Order, and the Vong invasion. The Galaxy, shattered by long civil wars, crumbles in the face of the relentless alien invasion. The planets of the New Republic give in to the invaders, or are shattered by invasion. Master Luke Skywalker's fledgling Jedi order cannot defend aginst such dreadful forces, and his Knights have not the maturity, wisdom, power or skill of the Order of old.

When Coruscant falls, the Republic falls into pieces- and even then, the Vong have not yet finished unleashing their power. Unleashing their long-hidden Reserve Strike Fleet, let by one of their deadliesr Warlords they attack the back door of the Republic, determined to quickly strike and crush all remaining areas that could provide powerful resistance outisde the now subjugated Inner Worlds. The New Jedi Order and the remants of Republican resistance can offer no help. The worlds are on their own. All Master Skywalker can do is wait, and feel the cries of the dying.

But then, amazing news. A vast ground and fleet battle has been fought around the world of Vita Five. The system, offering unexpected resistance to the fleet, felt the full might of the Vong war machine, as the entire Vong fleet was called in to baslt the system, and all those surrounding it, into oblivion.

That was their plan. Instead, the Vong found themselves ambushed by a fleet flying the Republican flag, which no-one knew existed. The battle of Vita Five was a victory for the Republic. The Vong forces were soundly defeated on ground and in space, the survivors hunted down and destroyed. Rumour has it that the young General who masterminded the counterstroke boarded the Vong flagship and slew the Warlord in single combat.

As the Vong Reserve Fleet is annhilated, suddenly the Vong find their flanks at risk to these unexpetced enemy forces. Briefly, they pause their campaighn, as they re-organise their strategy. To the Republic, this is nothing short of a miracle.

The New Jedi Order, and remaining Republican forces, rush to try and form some form of strategic link with these new forces. They fear that this fleet will meet them with disdain, as no hope was offered to these abandoned worlds. But instead, the General sends a message, saying he will be happy to meet General Skywalker and give the Order any help it requires.

Many were there to witness the arrival of the general. He landed in a glorious frigate of classic design, armed to the hilt and carrying itsbattle scars, and the flag of the Republic. A full honour guard, smartly dressed and well-drilled, accompanied the General- yet it stood to one side as the General stepped into the Jedi temple. He went in alone.

Perhaps feeling the force of his personality, no-one spoke as he walked through the ancient halls and made his way to the Council Chamber of Master Skywalker himself. And only as he entered his chamber did the attendant Jedi realise the General was carrying the weapon with wheich he slew the warlord- because at his belt, there hung a lightsabre.

The General entered the chamber and met the gaze of all around him. Then, he knelt down in front of Master Skywalker, and lay his Lightsabre out in front of him.

"Master," he said. "My name is Elian Kuylen. And I want to be a Jedi... like my father before me."

-

Extract from Elian Kuylen's interview with one of the Council

"You seem curiously well trained for someone seeking instruction."

"These are times when one has been forced to look to one's own talents. Only now has the opportunity for formal training become available."

"How could you have slain that warlord with your sabre without training?"

"I am a Charnel. I do not need training to know how to use a weapon."

"You are too old! There is too much danger in your training!"

"From what I hear, the Jedi Order today has trained people more dangerous than I!"

"That is no reason to compound the error!"

"I think you should ask yourselves if you can afford to turn down my help."

"At what price! How can we be convinced of your stability? It is known what happened to your father."

"And what was that?"

"He became a Sith!"

"NO!"

A moment of silence.

"My father was killed by the Sith! And I know which side I am on."

-

The report to Master Skywalker

"I cannot recommend it. Talented he may be, but he is too old. Besides, evemn if he speaks the truth- how can we possibly justify training a Jedi whose main motivation is to get revenge on the forces of evil that killed his father? That's just... um..."

(The Council member petered to a halt as he met Skywalker's amused look)

"I meant no disrespect, Master."

"Of course not. How good is he?"

"Is that relevant?"

"The whole Galaxy is under threat. He can help. Yes, it is relevant."

"... He has been sparring with the others."

"And?"

"He's better than any of them. I..."

"Say what is on your mind."

"I am not sure if you are better than him, Master Skywalker."

"Hmmm..."

"He can't be trained! If he turns out like his father..."

"And if he does not? He might save EVERYTHING. This... will bear investigation...."

---

When Kuylen's son turns up at the New Jedi Order, asking to have his self-taught training completed by Master Skywalker himself, there are some who see him as divine deliverance, and some who see him as a greater threat than the Vong Warmaster. The truth must be found.

The players would play a panel of NJO members, Repuiblican military forces, or Republican politicians (in the Mothma mould) who form a small group with the singular purpose of assessing Elian Kuylen's suitability for training. If he is genuine, then Skywalker is right- he could save everything. But if something is wrong... well. That can only too easily be gussed.

Where did he come from? Who was his mother? Is he REALLY self-taught? And is there something more to his victory over the Vong than there seems?

And what is that stone tablet he carries with him at all times...?

LanİeWindu™
I can see a problem with that already...

Skywalker doesn't care how old the Jedi are, he trains them at all ages, regardless of how much fear they may have.

Captain REX
blink

First off, who's Kuylen been letting into his private quarters? Second, Galder's little mind is ruined for ever.

Stone tablet, eh? whistle

Ushgarak

Captain REX
Even if Skywalker was like that, he would still be hesitant to train the son of a notorious Dark Jedi of old.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Captain REX
blink

First off, who's Kuylen been letting into his private quarters?

No-one ever commented at the time... but his room on Dordellus had a double bed.

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Ignored. GL's position on this is clear.

That was GL's position on it in the movies, NJO is not GL's vision though, it's the EU position on how to train the Jedi. If you were to have gone against the EU and still made the NJO game, it wouldn't work at all IMO.

Ushgarak
In my opinion the NJO and the EU is mistaken.

To be absolutely clear, where those two could clash, GL will win- it being my game, and the way I would want things.

LanİeWindu™
Fair enough, but it wouldn't be the NJO I know, so I wouldn't play then. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Far more important is whether it is a development of my game or not. If I change the rules of the cosmos it is no longer the same game as the one Kuylen comes from- that is a way bigger problem than any change in the NJO.

LanİeWindu™
True.

Either way it's best the game was never completed. It would have been a difficult story.

Ushgarak
Well, that and that Chion had to be alive for it to work...

Elements of it might still be used elsewhere!

LanİeWindu™
We'll see. stick out tongue

You know, I've always thought an Easy game should be made to train Jedi and/or Dark Jedi for your games Ush.

Maybe a Jedi Academy where they can hone their skills, and earn XP before starting a true game and having the potential of dying off real quick.

No saber battles or hand to hand combat, just sparing. No blaster fights, just target practice.

Maybe some puzzles to figure out.

What do you think? It could be fun. Also the "Veteran's" from your other games can help train the "New student's and/or Padawan's".

Ushgarak
There is a full training system for the Matrix game, which is the most recent started here, and training programmes are a feature of all my newer games.

But as it stands for Star Wars, I just don't have the time!

LanİeWindu™
Ah man, it would be awesome to have.

It could be it's own little game, then the member can choose when to leave the Temple and start a real game, and thus in the training game he can be summoned to the Council Chambers to get his mission.

Maybe if someone else ran the game, but using the same game system as you?

Ushgarak
I doubt it.

Star Wars is the most intuitive of the games anyway, and people adjust pretty quick. Besides, there is the Dark Side to consider.

LanİeWindu™
They could have the Dark Side Apprenticeship thread, same idea but full of arrogant Dark Jedi who hate each other. big grin

Ushgarak
Sadly, not even vaguely practical.

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Don't think that'd go well.

Captain REX
At any rate, I suspect Elian Kuylen would turn out to be wanting to kill off the Vong so that he can take over the Universe, received training from his father and is continuing his legacy.

At any rate, Galder would have to have a son too! Galter Starkiller. stick out tongue

LanİeWindu™
Lance wouldn't have a child, he's a good Jedi. angel

Kiu Dun
For the KOTOR one, here's some suggestions for classes:

For Jeedai:
Jedi Gaurdian
Jedi Counsiler
Jedi Sentinel
Jedi Weaponmaster(Would be the combat oriented master)
Jedi Watchamn(Elite class)
Jedi Master( Force Oriented Master)

Sith:
Sith Lord

DCLXVI
That pre-ANH Era game sounds inticing (sp?). wink

Captain REX
Kiu, I'm sure Ush has that situated already.

So...Ush...would you be introducing templates for us Sith Lords for us to toy with any time soon? whistle

Tptmanno1
I'm In any Ush game...
Hmm.. Darkie or Light sider again, Playing a master sounds really cool, but so does Lightning...

I'm definitly a Rebel though. Wanna pull an Ackbar Slash (You'll find out...) Possibly a Mon Calamari

Captain REX
I don't wanna know. stick out tongue

Bombing the hell out of worlds sounds like a lot more fun!

DCLXVI
Indeed, REX, it does. evil face

Lana
Especially if bombing worlds includes killing the Osokan race.

Yes I really hate those piggy bastards.

The NJO one....ehh....probably because I'm not quite the biggest fan of the NJO series, but I don't know if I'd be interested if that game went anywhere. Meh. NJO could be downright dumb at times. And the damn Jedi could never make up their mind as to what side they were on. Really annoying.

Tptmanno1
I would prefer if It didn't involve the Vong, they just annoy me... But whatever, I'll play.

Dexx
hahah! elias kuylen?..talk about soap opera stick out tongue
anyway....not that it's available...but if we were to play a njo game....where's the fun in not playing jedi

and to the first two options..i am STRONGLY for the kotor era game. it's simply more fun. and yes i'd be playing a sith..no doubt.vand i'd put a lot of thought into character creation also stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I don't think people understood about the NJO game- that is not actually a planned game. I think it was a mistake to post it; everyone is getting the wrong idea. It was a plot idea that was toyed around with some three years ago that was never really going to go anywhere.

That said, it is no more soap opera than Vader being Luke's father, Dexx, so I have no idea what you mean there. Meanwhile, it does seem that is far more interest in the Classic Era game, Dexx. And a lot of people simply are not that hot on playing Jedi in any setting; I am often asked by potential players if they can play something else.

Fire
true, other characters can also be fun, like in that very ancient SW RPG I have laying around here. I played an Ewok bountyhunter long before I played a jedi

Bespin Bart
No, I knew we weren't going to be playing the NJO. We just have fun finding faults with it! big grin

XETH: Elian, I am your mother! evil face

An Ewok bounty hunter? What the... stick out tongue

Fire
hey it was a cool character stick out tongue

Bespin Bart
no expression

I'll believe you. Short annoying creatures must stick together. stick out tongue

Lana
....an Ewok?! WTF?!

I despise Ewoks....stupid teddy-bear things....

Fire
he didn't live too long tho, Jawa bountyhunter worked better

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
No, I knew we weren't going to be playing the NJO. We just have fun finding faults with it! big grin

Well, that's really not very nice. I'll keep my mouth shut in future.

Lana
Ignore BB, he's a dork stick out tongue

If the idea ever did go anywhere and it was done well, I might be interested. But like I said, I didn't necessarily care too much for the NJO series.

Ushgarak
Even so. I posted that on request so people could see the direction the theory was going, not to have holes picked in an idea not even 1% developed.

Fire
True guys, thinking out decent plotlines for RPGs is hard enough as it is, let alone in a very known universe, as the SW one, so give ush a break. I'd love to see what you guys would come up with stick out tongue

Lana
Hah, I know I wouldn't be able to come up with anything decent, I tried running a SW RP on another board before and it flopped stick out tongue

Fire
SW is hard cause you have to walk a thin line between relating to movies atleast enough for your players to get the feel of the SW universe, and relating to it too much so your players feel as if whatever they do wrong, the guys from the movie will set it straight.

Lana
Yup.

Man, my attempt at running a game flopped so badly it killed the whole message boardr it was on somehow embarrasment laughing then again, I WAS 16 when I tried it, and I have gotten quite a bit better at writing and RPing since so if I were to every try that again I would probably have a better chance of it not crashing and burning.

Ushgarak
How the ehck did you kill the whole board?

Lana
I don't even know!!!

Well, it was one that I had started a few years back, an ezboards one (I dislike ezboards), and I think most people came to it because there WAS an SW RP on it. When the RP died, people stopped coming.

(shrugs)

There was other stuff on the board, but once the RP crashed and burned the whole board went with very quickly. Like, within 2 weeks of the RP officially being abandoned.

Ushgarak
Harsh.

Still, the SW RP startd when this place was an EZboard. Probably not long before your one started.

Lana
Heh, probably not! I was 16 in 2002, so that would be about right....

It's kinda funny, actually, now that I look back at it...

Fire
lol

Dexx
I don't think people understood about the NJO game- that is not actually a planned game. I think it was a mistake to post it; everyone is getting the wrong idea. It was a plot idea that was toyed around with some three years ago that was never really going to go anywhere.

That said, it is no more soap opera than Vader being Luke's father, Dexx, so I have no idea what you mean there. Meanwhile, it does seem that is far more interest in the Classic Era game, Dexx. And a lot of people simply are not that hot on playing Jedi in any setting; I am often asked by potential players if they can play something else.

yeah...that was sopaish also stick out tongue

i guess i'll play in whatever game is chosen....though i'm surprised with the definite choice for the classic era. oh well...

Ushgarak
In that case, soapish is Star Wars so it's pretty mandatory.

Captain REX

DCLXVI
laughing out loud

Ushgarak

Ushgarak
Meanwhile, the Magic Scope is powering up again, as these fresh, hot-off-the-press start up texts arrive for the Classic Era game!

---

Rebel text

Elected in a rigged ballot and having murdered his political rivals, Guild Master Matadan, leader of all the Osokan Hunting Lodges, has been deposed in a popular uprising against his tyrannical rule. The new Guild Master Drakkon has been elected unopposed and has begun the long task of unifying the world of Lanzar after its long period of civil strife.

Now the Osokans face a new threat. The Emperor has declared the uprising illegal and has accused Drakkon of the crime of Secession. An Imperial taskforce has been dispatched to Lanzar with orders to put the world under the direct authority of the Emperor himself. As the taskforce approaches, a group of senators on Lanzar, led by the distinguished senator Coran Andran, search for a peaceful settlement but time is running out.

As Drakkon prepares his people to defend their planet, a small group of offworlders arrives seeking an audience. They are the representatives of the fledgling rebellion against the Empire, and they are here to offer their help...

-

Imperial text

It is a time of peace in the Empire. Under the paternal leadership of the Emperor, the galaxy is going through a new age of prosperity. Even so, there are malcontents and renegades in the outer regions that spread sedition and forment rebellion.

The influence of this "rebel alliance" has reached the world of Lanzar. Goaded by their lies, the Osokans have risen up against their democratically elected leader Matadan. Now a political renegade called Drakkon controls Lanzar and Matadan has been executed for treason following a show trial.

Shocked and sickened by such an act of barbarism, the Imperial Senate has condemned the revolt on Lanzar and have sent a diplomatic mission under distinguished senator Coran Andran to demand the resignation of Drakkon and to over-see fair and impartial elections for a new leader.

Drakkon has no intention of handing over power. Instead he is cynically manipulating the senatorial mission to delay the decision, while he and his rebel friends arm for war. The Emperor is not fooled however, and has reluctantly decided that direct action is needed. With a heavy heart he has sent an Imperial taskforce to Lanzar with orders to remove Drakkon from office and restore democracy to the world.

DCLXVI
I love how the Rebel one tries to promote that Drakkon is good, while the Imperial Text tries to convince you that he is evil.
Propoganda. stick out tongue

Captain REX
Hah! As do I. The Emperor's 'heavy heart' must be aching at having to destroy such a beautiful planet...

*readies the AT-AT, snaps into a salute*

General Vantos Coll, at your service, m'Lord!

DCLXVI
stick out tongue
"Wipe them out. All of them."

Captain REX
You mean "Wipe them out, and quickly, but only because it is heavy on my heart that I should have to do this to those poor innocent pigs..."

*BOOM!*

DCLXVI
laughing out loud
Poor, poor Osokans....stick out tongue

Lana
Mwahahahahahahaha.....evil face

I really, really want to play the Imperial/Rebel game. And not only because we'd get to wipe out the Osokans big grin

Captain REX
Well, I've already got it figured out.

I stole Kane Starkiller and Vantos Coll from Georgie's Rough Draft for Star Wars. yes

DCLXVI
Good job, REX! wink
stick out tongue

Captain REX
Hey, it's original because Lucas didn't use them, and I did!

DCLXVI
stick out tongue
I guess that makes sense....

Lana
Still somewhat plagiarism stick out tongue but meh, who cares.

Captain REX
Then you're very odd. stick out tongue

Lana
Who, me? I know that already stick out tongue

Captain REX
No, DC, but you're odd too. big grin

DCLXVI
laughing out loud

Lana
It's common knowledge that I'm just a bit strange big grin

DCLXVI
I bet I'm weirder than you! stick out tongue

Lana
Highly doubtful stick out tongue

DCLXVI
Fine....you win. stick out tongue

Captain REX
No, I win. I win all. big grin

Lana
Pfft, Rex, we already know that I outdo you on the strangeness factor stick out tongue

Captain REX
Damn...

Well, I challenge thee to a duel! *smack!*

Lana
*slaps you with a big fish*

DCLXVI
Ouch....
I wish I hadn't PMed Ush to tell him I couldn't play the RPG....stick out tongue

Ushgarak
It's hardly finalised.

DCLXVI
It would be rude to enter now.

Captain REX
Not really. Get in there, biznatch. stick out tongue

So I take it that Clone Wars are not in the plans?

Ushgarak
Err, well, you see, these ideas are being brought forwards. By definition, the Clone Wars campaign cannot take place until the current one finishes, and that is WAY off.

Captain REX
True. It'd just be a continuation of this one. yes

I know Xeth wanted to play all the way to Xeth's heroic end...

Ushgarak
Any embryonic Clone Wars campaign at this point doesn't actually have the player's end built in, assumption being that minus general in-game death (and it takes quite a lot to get your SW character killed, frankly) that you survive the Clone Wars. It's what happens afterwards that is tricky.

Captain REX
Jedi Hunting Season?

Lana
Hehe.....

DCLXVI
Poor, poor Jedi. no
stick out tongue

Jazzman_78
I always wondered if there would ever be a Clone Wars campaign. BTW, if our Jedi survive to the end of the Wars, would it be cheating to refuse to be anwhere NEAR the Jedi Temple after the Battle of Coruscant?

Andro: Whatever you do, do NOT open that door!
Gatekeeper: But it's Anakin, and he's brought firends! (opens door)
Andro: NOOOooo!
Gatekeeper: Hello, Ana...AGHH!
Andro: Told ya... AAHHHhh!

See what I mean?

Ushgarak
IF it gets defined (other option being that it is up to you) then no, you wouldn't be at Coruscant; you would be more worried about Clone Troopers suddenly switching sides wherever you are in the Galaxy.

DCLXVI
Jazzman> No, it's possible you'd survive to be killed later. wink
Lucas left that door open, by allowing Obi-Wan and Yoda to change the "Jedi Beacon" to tell left over Jedi to NOT return to Coruscant . wink

But that would only be possible if you were able to either escape the Clones or were nowhere near them....

Alkaselzer
But, of course, all of the Jedi are dead (canon wise) by A New Hope.

Now, if we wander into EU, then Ush will smoosh us into little jars of Jedi jam. big grin

Bespin Bart
Xeth didn't want to be a General anyway. He wanted to play the part of the Jedi spy. big grin

Ushgarak
It seems the trick in the EU sometimes is to actually find a Jedi that died...

Captain REX
Yeah, they have too many Jedi survive that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lana
Silly EU roll eyes (sarcastic) and the people who take it for fact.

Captain REX
Bleugh! Those people are begging to be skewered on a Rex-kabob!

DCLXVI
*Mimics people who take EU for canon:*
"Oh no....please don't skewer me!" stick out tongue

Captain REX
*skewers Lurik* whistle

DCLXVI
death *Is dead* death

ghost2

Ushgarak
Incidentally, did anyone spot the link between the set-up for the Classic Era game, and the current Light Side interlude?

DCLXVI
Was it in the message/whatever Ryamore sent, (to Poenae, I believe)?

Ushgarak
That's not in the Interlude!

DCLXVI
Oh....I thought you meant the old Episode....stick out tongue

Captain REX
Nope! I haven't spotted anything from that mess... stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Well, it is hardly likely to be in the mess!

DCLXVI
Well....sorry! diva

DCLXVI
So....any thoughts on what will take place RPG-wise after the present story-arc?

Ushgarak
Current arc takes us all the way to Geonosis (though not physically).

So after that would be the Clone Wars.

DCLXVI
Clone Wars, eh?
Mmm....Jedi death....droolio

Ushgarak
But that's ages off, and not worth consideration yet.

DCLXVI
Still, it would be an interesting time-period for you to play around with plot-wise, and it's interesting to think of the possibilities....

Ushgarak
But also difficult- basically a series of battles, with all other missions kind of fading away.

DCLXVI
Quite so. But it could still be fun! big grin
The Renegades and more experienced Jedi from your RPG(s) could become military-leaders in the GA, or lead covert and/or overt missions to take out Separatist leaders, etc., while the Dark Siders would be able to flee while being hunted by two enemies....stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Dark Siders won't be there. You'll find out why.

It might become very boring very quickly... but some prototyping of Clone War scenatios is taking place Light Side (the mas droid battle was the first part of that)

DCLXVI
Dark Siders won't be there. You'll find out why.

It might become very borging very quickly... but some prototyping of Clone War scenatios is taking place Light Side (the mas droid battle was the first part of that)

You've just made me want it even more....stick out tongue

BTW> If an Empire Era game was ever done, would it be player vs. NPC, or player vs. player?

Ushgarak
The Classic Era game is VERY player vs. player- more like the original Campaign for the current game.

DCLXVI
Ah, that's what I thought, but, ya' never know....

Captain REX
I think the Clone Wars could be some fun. It would end with the Clonetroopers acting on Order 66, and those Jedi that survive could go off and die at the hands of Vader later on.

Chris always said he'd enjoy Clone War covert ops with someone like Xeth as his character.

And since the Dark Jedi would apparently be goners, would the Darkies get to play amateur Knights or something? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also...ah feck, i forgot...

DCLXVI
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Incidentally, did anyone spot the link between the set-up for the Classic Era game, and the current Light Side interlude?

This one not been spotted- check the intro text for the Classic era game and the background info for Droben in the Interlude.

DCLXVI
Now, maybe I'm just stupid, but I checked them both just now, and didn't spot anything....confused

Ushgarak
Uh-oh! Doesn't bode well...

Trickster
The classic era being the RebelsvsImperials? I didn't spot it, if so.

But I only checked the first few posts in the interlude...

Ushgarak
It's IN the first few posts. The Droben background, just as I said.

Trickster
Um, I'm not sure if this is it, but the Civil War thing - two sides to begin.

Is that it?

Or is it further than that, and that the Empire is split into many factions (as presumably the Rebels are, because they've not solidified yet)

Captain REX
I'll check on it if my dad remembers to fix the internet...

Tptmanno1
hold on....

Captain REX
Quaa?

Ushgarak

It's really very simple. It's not even a big link, but it IS intentional.

Trickster
So it's not the Civil War thing?

I don't know. Will have to look in more detail when I've done my German listening.

Ushgarak
The link is a person. It's not hidden.

Lana
I'll take a look later....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>