Battle of the Princes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Thor: Prince of Asgard

VS

Hercules: Prince of Olympia

VS

Namor: Prince of the Ocean

Who wins?

Sentry
Thor

whirlysplat
Yup Thor easily, Namor got beaten by Thor way back in a 70's |Invaders when the Nazi's tricked Thor into serving them for an issue or two. Herc has and never will be Thors match.

armandovalles
HERC HAS AND ALWAYS BE THOR'S MATCH, WTF R U TALKIN ABOUT, DID U SEE THE ORIGINAL SECRET WARS #9? THEY STALEMATED THE WHOLE ISSUE, AND HERC FINALLY GOT THE UPPER HAND AT THE END, BUT THEN ZEUS CAME AND SAID THOR IS A NOBLE WARRIOR SO HE GETS TO LIVE AND THEN ZEUS AND HERC LEFT.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by armandovalles
HERC HAS AND ALWAYS BE THOR'S MATCH, WTF R U TALKIN ABOUT, DID U SEE THE ORIGINAL SECRET WARS #9? THEY STALEMATED THE WHOLE ISSUE, AND HERC FINALLY GOT THE UPPER HAND AT THE END, BUT THEN ZEUS CAME AND SAID THOR IS A NOBLE WARRIOR SO HE GETS TO LIVE AND THEN ZEUS AND HERC LEFT. This happened in the original secret wars on the beyonders planet did it roll eyes (sarcastic) How did I miss that issue in either the full series of comics or the ridiculously thick trade paperback I have. So what was the plot for the original secret wars armand laughing

ScarletSpider
That was a weaker Namor that Thor beat, he was 60 years younger and hadn't grown into his full present day strength. That said, Thor still beats him. Mjolnir just gives Thor too great an amount of power for him to be stopped by Herc or Namor. Hercules in strength and fighting is Thor's equal, but Thor also has the storm at his command and flight.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
That was a weaker Namor that Thor beat, he was 60 years younger and hadn't grown into his full present day strength. That said, Thor still beats him. Mjolnir just gives Thor too great an amount of power for him to be stopped by Herc or Namor. Hercules in strength and fighting is Thor's equal, but Thor also has the storm at his command and flight. Namor was still 30 years old odd at this point according to Marvel continuity in the 70's when the story was written.

ScarletSpider
It was written in the 70s, but the entire original Invaders series was set back during WWII. Namor was born around 1920, making him 24 at most in that story. He is now about 85, and spent something like 40 years as an amnesiac dock worker thanks to Marvel's sliding timeline.

The reason Thor was able to appear in that story and not be remembered by Cap or Namor later on in the Age of Marvels was because of some Asgardian enchantment which Thor stated would fade him from their memories along with any other knowledge of the true Asgardians, until Odin deemed it fit for Midgard to know of them (as he later did in the Age of Marvels by sending Thor to earth).

whirlysplat
It was written in the 70s, but the entire original Invaders series was set back during WWII. Namor was born around 1920, making him 24 at most in that story. He is now about 85, and spent something like 40 years as an amnesiac dock worker thanks to Marvel's sliding timeline.

The reason Thor was able to appear in that story and not be remembered by Cap or Namor later on in the Age of Marvels was because of some Asgardian enchantment which Thor stated would fade him from their memories along with any other knowledge of the true Asgardians, until Odin deemed it fit for Midgard to know of them (as he later did in the Age of Marvels by sending Thor to earth).

And I think at 24 He was fully grown, in all other respects we are in agreement smile

ScarletSpider
At 24 he was fully grown as in height and in those regards, but he wasn't as strong as he'd later come to be. Originally on land he would be weaker, but now, in and out of water, he's class 100, after taking measures to appease his hybrid physiology, he's become more powerful, as he retains his strength longer. Eventually he does dehydrate and his strength wanes slowly, but not as severly or quickly as he used to.

whirlysplat
At 24 he was fully grown as in height and in those regards, but he wasn't as strong as he'd later come to be. Originally on land he would be weaker, but now, in and out of water, he's class 100, after taking measures to appease his hybrid physiology, he's become more powerful, as he retains his strength longer. Eventually he does dehydrate and his strength wanes slowly, but not as severly or quickly as he used to.

Thats good to know for Namor. What measures did he take, as I quite like Namor.

ScarletSpider
His human-atlantean physiology requires him to spend equal amount of time both in water and out of it. Once he figured this out, he's calmed down a bit (the imbalance of too much water or too much air was what used to cause his temper tantrums). I would guess this helped with his mental and physical health, but they've also been writing him stronger, and I think they updated his stats awhile ago in a Handbook, but I don't remember if they really did or not.

whirlysplat
His human-atlantean physiology requires him to spend equal amount of time both in water and out of it. Once he figured this out, he's calmed down a bit (the imbalance of too much water or too much air was what used to cause his temper tantrums). I would guess this helped with his mental and physical health, but they've also been writing him stronger, and I think they updated his stats awhile ago in a Handbook, but I don't remember if they really did or not. makes sense, thanks, he's still no Thor though

Cosmo Kramer
I remember DareDevil having some pretty good fights against Namor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.