Trainspotting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vampy
Did a search on it but didn't find anything. Just feel like I need a little rant.

GOD. This movie sucked so much. Actually, I don't think there are words to describe how stupid and useless it was. After such advertisement I really expected something good, and even if not good then at least with a damn PLOT. Trainspotting didn't have a plot. No action just some random disgusting scenes.

Hey, did they really think that showing a terrifying loo, loads of kids taking drugs, one dead baby and Ewan McGregor's crotch makes a good film? I mean, what the bloody feck was it about? I saw no difference between the beginning, the middle and the end. Hell, why on earth did i waste my money on renting that??

Thank you. I deeply encourage any comments that would try to change my mind. Or rant with me

Mr Zero
Is this a joke?

Vampy
Apparently not.

Mr Zero

Vampy
Dialogue? It covers maybe 5 minutes of the way too long film. Soundtrack includes some v. good songs, like Perfect Day e.g. but they're put in the very wrong moments of the movie and destroy the what was left of the effect that crap would be if it weren't crap. I don't know what's wrong with modern directors who think that the more blood and gore they show the more cash the picture makes.

Plus, i got confused after first 5 minutes of the movie, no scene made sense and of course, NO PLOT AT ALL made it even worse. Big applause to the crew, you screwed up what could be a great thing!

Let Ewan go and play in Star Wars. It's pretty suitable for him

Mr Zero
Maybe it's because I'm Scottish V, but I thought the dialog was one of the highlights...

"It's shite being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low! the most wretched, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization! Some people hate the English, I don't their just wankers, we on the other hand are colonized by wankers! it's a shite state of affairs to be in, tommy, and all the fresh air in the world wont make any ****ing difference!"

I love that so much i have it on a t-shirt.

Myth

Vampy
I guess that was pretty witty.

"Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a starter home. Choose dental insurance, leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose your future. But why would anyone want to do a thing like that?"

I liked that one, at the begnning, though it irritated the crap out of me at the end. It's like the director god a REALLY good project, but just couldn't handle it. Thank god for Requiem for a Dream, which came in 4 years later and saved te reputation of anti-drugs movies. Plus Human Traffic was a good shot too.

No to Trainspotting.

lil bitchiness
I cant believe you hated this! I loved this movie!

I also really dig Ewan McGregor. His crotch was like super bonus! yey!

Vampy
His crotch was more than my stomach could handle. Plus, nothing he should be proud of erm

lil bitchiness
Ok, Ewan McGregor's crotch aside, that couldnt have made you hate the movie.

Besides Jonny Lee Miller was in that movie (which is even bigger plus!! yey!!)

Ok, no seriously, I thought it was rather good, easy going and it was funny. What kind of movie did you expect from the adverts...?

Darth Prefect
does he have a small penis or something?

Vampy
gah... no more comments on ewan mcgregors crotch!

Well, they advertised it as a dramma, plus a big tag saying it's 'so anti-drugs' and such. Recently saw human traffic, as i mentioned before and thought it would be something as witty as it, though a bit better, as it got higher marks and such.

And what I got was a really boring and confusing document on how sexy Ewan can look with a t-shirt 3 sizes too small.

Darth Prefect
well exposing your manhood to large quantities of people is always something to be proud of. happy

Mr Zero
Ewans cock is notoriously well proportioned.

lil bitchiness
Which is why is so great. And a bonus in me lovering Ewan McGregor.

lil bitchiness
You see, i absolutely hated Human Traffic. Many people like it, but i hated - i remember going to see it when it came out and i was pretty much not impressed.

But everyone to their own, right?

Mr Zero
Ewan is 46 years old and thus an unsuitable candidate for your depraved lust.

lil bitchiness
Hes 33. Born in '71.

As long as hes born somewhere in 70s its ok to hopelessly lust after, anything before that, and it beings to be unsuitable.

Vampy
Gah. I leave for a couple of minutes to take a shower and what I see is a pretty constructive conversation about Ewan's genitals. Perfect.

Anyways, yes, everyone's got their own opinion. I like Human Traffic, you like Trainspotting. Though i laughed a lot more on the first.

Mr Zero
Requiem for a Dream is also sidesplittingly funny.

lil bitchiness
Hey hey, you brought up the subject of his genitals.

Anyway, i still think hes damn fine. Movie was good too.

Vampy
But i only mentioned it. As a negative thing to add.

I didn't find Requiem funny in any way confused

Mr Zero
We have Ewan to thank for making my accent sexy again. Bless you Mr McGregor on behalf of Scots everywhere.

lil bitchiness
Please tell me you are shitting me and you do not sound like Ewan McGregor and that you're only saying that because you wanna see my typical girly reaction to the Scottish accent.

Mr Zero
No i was being facetious. Its not a barrel of laughs. RFAD is a totally bleak study of a downward spiral.

Trainspotting doesnt glamorise drugs, but its not an "anti-drugs" tale - Its a boy-makes-good drama.

Mr Zero
No I dont sound like the gruff growly 46 yr old Ewan. I am Scots tho, so do the math.

lil bitchiness
You live in London though, one would naturally assume you sound like a 'Lanader'

Ok, off topic.

Anyway...Trainspotting.

Vampy
Trainspotting is just weird. Advertised as anti-drugs, but i just don't get it somehow.

Scottish accent sexy, must admit that thumb up

lil bitchiness
It was anti-drug movie though, why makes you think it wasnt?

Vampy
Well it's not STRAIGHT anti-drugs. it's like just a subplot, if i may call it a plot, to somethng that made no sense for me. Hence, i can't quite explain. it.

baracustastic
tainspotting is a brilliant film.

The music is good. Begbie is brilliant. Spud's interview is genius. Sick Boy's theory on life is "brilliantly f*****g illustrated." The only thing that is wrong in the film is "It's shite being Scottish." The bit about the English being wankers is spot on though.

pinsleepe
I agree with Vampy. This movie is terrible. Chaotic, boring.

The soundtrack sucks too erm

StinkFist462
how can anyone NOT like this movie ? i love this movie ... the soundtrack kicks ass !

WindDancer
Superb film! thumb up Waaaaay better than Requiem for a dream. Definetly of one of Danny Boyle's best films. Mr. Boyle should stick to making this kind of films instead of making crappy zombie movies.

cgtuna21
I would like to see Trainspotting but all thes reviews seem kind of bad but I'll still see it since it got 3 stars and got in 250 movies of all-time on imdb.com

<<Solo>>
What cgtuna? It's rated really good,http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/trainspotting/

cgtuna21
no im tlkin bout every 1 on this kmc forums tlkin bout trainspotting. most have said they don't like it

KillTheLight
Well I liked it's a pretty cool movie.I watched it years ago and still think it's good.

Discos
I am scottish and I enjoyed Trainspotting. It was a filmfour movie (low budget poops) but quite well done.

Showed the consequences of drug abuse and also it was humorous due to Begbie

eggmayo
Anyone got a picutre of the baby from Trainspotting, where Renton is hallucinating and its head turns round?
I really want one of these pics as it freaks me out beyond words.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.