can any superhero defeat the JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil player007
name somebody you think can beat the JLA

armandovalles
an Extremely confident Gladiator or King thor or 8th Day Juggernaut.

kgkg
Extremely confident Gladiator ? all JLA i don't think so.

Scoobless
a pissed off Silver Surfer

........Sentry?

armandovalles
well 8th day Juggernaut or King Thor can. There are so many more also, such as Odin, Zeus, Classic Full-God Hercules, etc.

brainchild81
I think a pissed off Surfer could do the trick.

kgkg
I took the side of SS in many occasions but he is not talking the entire JLA no matter how pissed he is.

JRW
Phoenix injected with full phoenix force with full control could do it!

brainchild81
Easily.

JRW
thank u brain child

Scoobless
Surfer could take out most of the JLA with one blast....... he could probably destroy the planet if he wanted to...... then he'd just be fighting the space capable Leaguers

leonidas
phoenix, king thor, odin, etc . . . are not superhoeroes. they are cosmic entities. and a pissed surfer absolutely could NOT take out the entire JLA. it's debatable he could even take out a single pissed off superman. throw in GL, jonn jonzz, flash, WW et al., all of who could give supes himself a run . . . surfer would get crushed. in an old SS vol 1, a very pissed off surfer tried to take out thor and could do no more than stalemate him - AND the surfer's power was even being augmented by loki! in that issue, the surfer says:

"i have seen his mallet's magic - it is truly mightier than my cosmic force."

in that battle thor was HOLDING back from using his full power against a loki enhanced surfer. thor also absorbed SS bolts with his hammer. also in that issue SS did manage to battle loki to a draw.

i've always been a bit amazed at the luv SS get's on this site. i like him, think he's powerful, but the whole JLA - c'mon . . .

so, to answer the thread question - no, i don't think anyone ONE superhero (ie non-cosmic entity) can defeat a team made up of the universe's most powerful heroes.

the Darkone
Who can defeat JLA: Odin, Zeus, Destroyer (armor), The Runner, Thanos, Adam warlock, King Thor, Tyrant (normal), Binary, Phoenix(jean Grey), Desak, Sersi, Dr. Doom (prep time), Onslaught, Archangel michael, lucifer mourning star, Count nefaria, Godstalker, Dormammu, Classic Magus, 8th day juggernaut, Atum godeater/demogorge, Apocalypse, highfather, Takion, spectre, phantom stranger, Asmodel.

Khellendros
Mr. Majestic had the JLA worried. He managed to steal Kyle's ring from him. I think, one on one, Majestic might pull it off.

Cosmic Cube
The Keeper.

Sentry
Originally posted by Khellendros
Mr. Majestic had the JLA worried. He managed to steal Kyle's ring from him. I think, one on one, Majestic might pull it off.

He also beat the crap out of Eradicator and Steel, forced Superboy to do what he wanted to,, without much effort. He's got a good chance of beating the JLA.

Sentry
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
The Keeper.

Oh yeah, the Keeper.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Sentry
He also beat the crap out of Eradicator and Steel, forced Superboy to do what he wanted to,, without much effort. He's got a good chance of beating the JLA.
Not only did he beat Eradicator down, he freaking REPROGRAMMED him with his laser vision! laughing

GalacticStorm
Phoenix

hoorayforpeepee
any of marvel's top 15 or 20 and any of dc's top 50 or 60.

Cosmic Cube
Marvel's top 20 Superhero's, not villians and entities, right?

GalacticStorm
"phoenix, king thor, odin, etc . . . are not superhoeroes. they are cosmic entities"

Phoenix is and always will be jean and she is a superhero and she would f*ck up the jla.

hoorayforpeepee
oh yeah, i was talking entities.

superheroes...who knows, i doubt the list is longer than 5.

eleveninches
there isnt anyone who coul dbeat them if hal was on the team yes

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by armandovalles
an Extremely confident Gladiator
That's like normal Gladiator. The dude's a hero to an empire.

lifeisaglich
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
They may not have a lot of power but they got what it takes to do the job.

Plus their name sounds cooler that JLA.

K3VIL
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Phoenix is and always will be jean and she is a superhero and she would f*ck up the jla.
Phoenix would get owned before she can dow anything, Flash or Supes will speedblitz Jean, she's nothing the JLA can't handle.
Back in topic, I think that Genis Vell, 2nd Captain Marvel stand major chances of victory.His powers are limitless thanks to the quantum bands and the major level of control he has acquired over them.He's faster than Superman, can enhance his invulnerability and strenght to his level, he can manipulate any kind of energy for various effects, he can even perform teleportation and slightly manipulate the time and the space to avoid other beings to notice where he will appear through the teleport trick.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by the Darkone
Who can defeat JLA: Odin, Zeus, Destroyer (armor), The Runner, Thanos, Adam warlock, King Thor, Tyrant (normal), Binary, Phoenix(jean Grey), Desak, Sersi, Dr. Doom (prep time), Onslaught, Archangel michael, lucifer mourning star, Count nefaria, Godstalker, Dormammu, Classic Magus, 8th day juggernaut, Atum godeater/demogorge, Apocalypse, highfather, Takion, spectre, phantom stranger, Asmodel.

roll eyes (sarcastic) A lot of these are not heroes and.......... Asmodel certainly didn't. Supes as Energy Supes stalemated him and many of the others certainly could not. A few you mention could! please think before you post and make at least some justification for you statements. smile

supermanprime
pretty that the only sure win is the phoenix, but if the x-men can handle her and they pale in comparison with the JLA what makes anyone think she can take the JLA.

supermanprime
thanos is just darkside but uglier he will fall to the might of GL alone, King thor now that would be interesting to see though

Sentry
Originally posted by supermanprime
thanos is just darkside but uglier he will fall to the might of GL alone, King thor now that would be interesting to see though

Thanos is Darkseid written right. Thanos will slap the JLA.

kgkg

the Darkone
adam warlock will absorb their souls, King thor will ***** slap every single one of them. X-man shaman will mind f***k them to death. Captain Marvel (earthx) will blast them into oblivion has the powers of eternity.

gogogadgetgo
bump

D_Dude1210
Solar, Man of the Atom.

Warlord
Squirel Girl

leonheartmm
a *****.

Enyalus
Classic Doctor Strange.

Wild Shadow
insane genis vell could kill them all along with the universe.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
insane genis vell could kill them all along with the universe.
Except that he wasn't a 'superhero', but sure.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Enyalus
Except that he wasn't a 'superhero', but sure.

actually he was he was just having a bad week or months. a sane genis could duplicate all his power showings and still be called a hero stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.