The Rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spartan 117545
The Rock - the one where the bad guys take over Alcatraz.

What's your favourite part and what don't you like about it?

DenKi
I love the film, its orignal, alot of good action stuff in it, Nick Cage plays his role great, 9/10

lau_timmy
This is Michael Bay's best action movie ever made.

Lord Shadow Z
The only thing I don't like about it is the weak reason that General Hummel (Ed Harris) gives for holding 81 (quite a weak number) tourists hostage. And the fact that he doesn't actually do anything thats worth him being a bad guy.

I probably best like the part where Goodspeed (Cage) is defusing the first rocket in the morgue. The interchange betwen him and Connery is excellent.

Deathblow
It's just a stupid, unbelievable, unoriginal, loud, corny guys 'n guns flick.

And I ****ing love it. The opening scene is fantastic, and the final scene is even better. I probably would've liked it even if it had been full of D-list meat-headed nobodies, but the fact that it's Cage, Harris, Connery and John C. McGinley is like the icing on the cake.

FrankWhite69
if you have never seen this movie you HAVE TO SEE THIS, if you have a dvd collection and dont own this movie your crazy. Go and buy this movie one of the best action movies out there.

«–†hê¤Øñê–»
u r very ugly

Dudester
Thanks FrankWhite maybe I should go and buy it this weekend-- I havent seen it but it was been on my list of movies to see

eleveninches
If ya smelllllllllllL

What the Rock is cookin

Discos
Originally posted by lau_timmy
This is Michael Bay's best action movie ever made.

Here here!!

Great film, one of my best ever - i remember as a young starpping lad that I must of watched that film 3 times a week over at my grandas.

mmm.....81 hostages is a quite reasonable number, they wern't going to go anywhere else, that just happened to be the number of tourists on the rock at the time. Their main objective was Alcatraz - a place in range of san Fransisco and pretty much inpeniterable (they didnt count on John masson and Stanly goodspeed whooo!!).

One of connery's best films (apart from james bondera).

Myth
Originally posted by Deathblow
It's just a stupid, unbelievable, unoriginal, loud, corny guys 'n guns flick.

And I f*cking hate it. Ok, not hate, but I definitely am not a fan of this movie.

BlazingBarrells
wow i love this movie, i love all of the one liners, and i read somewhere that QT had written some of the dialogue and that would be interesting to know what has of his thinking. i like the you must never hesitate scene and the winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!! and the you want me to stick this in my heart, are you F*CKING NUTS!!! hella sick

mayor_gamgee
This is a good rent. A good movie-on-primetime. I liked it.

As to favorite part, "I take pleasure in guttin' you boi."

IceWithin
great movie... tho it was rather... unoriginal
the end was great though.. and sean connery rocked in this movie big grin

ChickinMeat
Stanley Goodspeed: Hi, I'm an agent with the federal... FBI... I'm Stanley Goodspeed.
John Mason: But of course you are.
Stanley Goodspeed: Of course.
John Mason: And you have an emergency.
Stanley Goodspeed: Right.
John Mason: And you need my help.
Stanley Goodspeed: Exactly right.
John Mason: Coffee?
Stanley Goodspeed: No, I'm fine, thank you.
John Mason: Offer me coffee.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.