what Quraan and explorers say

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MahmoudAB
Quraan is thousands years old and has NEVER been changed,
nowdays explorers found out that the earth's magnetic field is reversing
which means that its going to reach zero and reverse, so some day if that happend the sun rise will be from the west.

many sites, search under the name magnetic field reversing
Quraan talked about the reversing of the earth thousand years ago
and just now people knew about it, how did the prophet Mohammed knew about it and back in the days they didn't have any technology??? thats one of the thing that Quraan includes. many things to say, there are site but couldn't post coz im new and it doesn't allow me. thank you

finti
many are of the believe that the reversal of the magnetic field (Pole shift) is all part of Earth`s cycle, and what do you mean by just now people knew about it? The earliest recorded observation of earths magnetism dates back to around 600 B.C (2600 years ago), and the first so called magnetic compasses came in the form of lodestones around 200 B.C. So the knowledge of the magnetic field has been there awhile and from then on with that knowledge it was just a question of time before someone would question the reversal of this magntic field.

Tex
Many people fail to realise that the ancient civilizations were extremely intelligent and very in-tune and aware of the earth and its processes.

MahmoudAB
alright if ppl don't get convinced about this thing, the magnetic reversal field, there are many things in the quraan, it talks about past present and future,
i guess the quraan is 1426 years,
about the moon, it says in the book that the moon is not exactly in a round shape, if u can see it now and ask the scientist they'll tell u that
the moon used to be round then half of it moved few cm's, thats
a second thing if u don't believe about the magnetic field,
what i said about the magnetic field is that the sun will come out of the west someday 100% sure

finti
point is the earliest record dealing with the earths magnetism dates back 1200 years prior to koran

Again, the greek philososphers said the earth was the shape of a sphere, even the bible indicates a round earth, so the koran didnt come up with new things there cause this was already stated over 100 years prior to the koran. A sphere is not an perfectlyround shape as an O is so...........the greeks even kne the size of the earth and with that info they were able to find the distance to the moon.

I dont find the koran to be more valid than the bible, and I view the bible as a fairy tale book. Whenever divine creature is included they could just as well include comic books superheroes as well

MahmoudAB
well i didn't say the earth's shape, i said the moon,
and i said before that the bible came for christians and quraan for muslims, the 2 books are the same i mean in meaning, they both have the same meaning, but the bible have been changed several times, quraan has never ever been changed, so its the only holy book till now which has all the information correct, and i said it that quraan talk about past present and future,

a Japanese scientist few years ago found out that the old king of egypt in the premeds died sinking in the sea, and he told the egyptions that he has new news that no-one knows, and he said it but the egyption ppl laughed at him coz in the quraan its written how did that king died

so im telling that the quraan has many many things that happened and will happen and whats happening though it's 1426 years old

finti
the ggreeks werent stupid if they were able to figure out the shape of the earth dont you think the moon they actually could see would be less of a hazzle roll eyes (sarcastic)

correct ? to me it is like the bible nothing but nonsense

so does every history book, and for what will happen we just have to wait and see

MahmoudAB
exactly u have to wait and find out, but no-one know that this thing is going to happen, im telling u things that u dont believe then it happens,
about history books, they are all new books, quraan talked about the things history said then the explorers found out about it got my point

finti
actually I think most people fail to see your point, what explorer are you talking about?

debbiejo
Marco Polo??

MahmoudAB
explorers as in all of the scientist and all those ppl who keep on finding and discovering things out about earth and planet, marco or whoever

there is quraan in english version, if you read it once you will realize,

lil bitchiness
Salaam, MahmoudAB.

Regarding your post-

Quran also says that the Sun sets in a muddy spring - two faults there - the sun does not set at all, Earth moves around the sun, and Sun certainly does not exptinguish in the mudy spring.

Scientific fact 2 - the stars are not missiles set thereby God to shoot at devil - nothing can be further from the truth.

Scientific fact 3 - people are not made from mud/dirth or any such material. Not even the very very very very very very very first human being. It was all flesh and blood.

Quran is about scientifically valid as Torah or Bible (I said Torah first, cos Christians borrowed the OT from Jews)

finti
the koran wouldn't make me realise a single thing except that it would be as much worth to me as the bible which is nothing

Jedi_KnightAlly
This is a VERY one sided argument, and quite rightly so.

finti
yeah it leads to nada

debbiejo
I'm sure the Quran must have some contradictions.

finti
yes it contradicts real life

MahmoudAB
well lil bitchiness its right quraan, bible and torah used to be the same in meaning,, but they have all been changed except to quraan,,, other gods book ppl changed it thats what i mean,,, many things that ppl are discovering,, and things happening in real life its writted already in quraan,,,

finti
the koran would sound a lot different in Norwegian than it would in Arabic, so it is with the bible. The changes is due to translation so that it would fit the language it is translated into

texas-killah
i think that every holy book can be interpretred in many ways... so we will never get the true meaning of it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.