Mace and Yodas Lighting attack from Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DenKi
Ok, how come Mace easily deflects Sidious lifghting back into him and Yoda didnt? Was Yoda distracted? or did Sidious use a less powerful one on Mace to Let Anakin come in and End it all?

Mist
possibly....yoda seemed caught off guard from the trailer...

Jedi Priestess
If you've watched that leaked footage you'd see that Yoda does deflect Sideous's lightning back at him.

palpy_666
Jedi Priestess, I think they're referring to the part when Yoda gets slammed against the wall by Sidious' lightning. He did no deflecting there.

In my opinion, I think this is just a caught off guard moment for Yoda.

Alliance
Mace had his saber out, yoda couldnt draw his in time and obviously couldn't muster enough force power instantly to stop it... so he got blown away...but he does fight it later...

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by palpy_666
Jedi Priestess, I think they're referring to the part when Yoda gets slammed against the wall by Sidious' lightning. He did no deflecting there.

In my opinion, I think this is just a caught off guard moment for Yoda.

Yeah Id agree there. smile

ShadowKing
Up to the point he is hit, I don't know if Yoda realizes Palpatine is Sithy.
Did Mace get to let Yoda know before he confronted him? He def did not get a chance to let him know afterward...

mossman
Actually, you couldn't be further from the truth.
Mace does not reflect anything back at Palpatine.
He simply absorbs it with his sword, like Obi does with Dooku in AOTC.
Then he closes in on him, trying to force him out of the window he has intentionally broken.
Eventually he is so close that the lightning is being fired at point blank range so it begins to arc back at Palpatine himself.
It is just the proximity that causes the damage.

Yoda, however - despite being caught off guard by Palps opening salvo - seems to be the only Jedi able to counter Sith lightning with his bare hands, which he does against Dooku in AOTC and again against Palaptine in ROTS.
The Force swells in front of them before exploding, sending both combatants reeling from the senate pod.

mossman
Originally posted by ShadowKing
Up to the point he is hit, I don't know if Yoda realizes Palpatine is Sithy.
Did Mace get to let Yoda know before he confronted him? He def did not get a chance to let him know afterward...

Yoda has just watched footage of Anakin being knighted a Dark Lord of the Sith by Sidious - in Palpatine's office, in Palpatine's clothes.
I'd say he has a pretty good idea wink

ShadowKing
doh

ImperialPEZ
I disagree with you mossman, if proximity were and issue, then Sidious' lightning would recoil on him when fighting Yoda as well. In the leaked c3 footage, they are 3 to 4 feet apart.

astrofan428
Mace

astrofan428
Sid

JediStang
HOAH! Yeah baby yeah!

DenKi
Can somone PM me tho VIDs please!!

EUAN1988
^^^ME TOO PLZ!!!!

Dropkick
... and the begging begins...

jedi2187
Originally posted by Dropkick
... and the begging begins...

I took care of DenKi and EUAN, Dropkick.

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by jedi2187
I took care of DenKi and EUAN, Dropkick.

I just did too laughing out loud

DarthLazious
What JP said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.