Superman vs The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fanboy
Okay okay choose now.http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/superman.htm and here are there profiles if you feel like reading them.http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/thing.htm

Xplosive
Superman, too much for Thing

Mainstream
Supes

armandovalles
this has been done like 100 times and we have come to the conclusion that supes is too much for the thing.

Tony Stark
Superman is too much our main man The THING. Now spikey THING? I'm going with spikey THING.

armandovalles
NO, SPIKEY THING STILL LOSES, SADLY, BUT ONLY BECAUSE SUPES HAS SO MANY POWERS, NOT IN A BRAWL, IN A BRAWL SPIKEY THING I THINK WOULD F*CK UP SUPES SO BAD.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by armandovalles
NO, SPIKEY THING STILL LOSES, SADLY, BUT ONLY BECAUSE SUPES HAS SO MANY POWERS, NOT IN A BRAWL, IN A BRAWL SPIKEY THING I THINK WOULD F*CK UP SUPES SO BAD.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Another serious mismatch roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mainstream
what the difference between Thing and Spikey thing...besides one has spikes and one don't.

ZephroCarnelian
Err... in a brawl?

What's Thing gonna do to Supes in a brawl? Break his fist against Supes' nose?

lol.

K3VIL
Spikey Thing is still nothing to Superman, he was having troubles with a weakned Grey Hulk, and that's all.

armandovalles
dude, he was playing around with grey hulk, he could of pounded him any time he wanted.

grey fox
I'm sorry but this is bullshit pure and plain my friend thing doesn't have what it takes to stand up to supes hell he had trouble subduing hulk dammit if he cant even touch hulk then supes is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of his league.

armandovalles
i no, im not saying the Thing is in his league.

pr1983
supes in any contest is too much for any incarnation of thing...

grey fox
i wasn't talking to you i was answering the basic question 'thing versus superman'.

brainchild81
Supes wins. He's still boring as Hell though.

who?-kid
dude, he was playing around with grey hulk
No he wasn't !

No he couldn't !

armandovalles
yea he could've!

Gamma Crush!
When did Thing subdue the Hulk?

who?-kid
yea he could've!
Prove it.

black robb
i no, im not saying the Thing is in his league. hey arnando Thing could use his secret weapon...

...his combat experience big grin

K3VIL
Yes, some guys on this boards thinks that the Thing fighting experience would grant him the upper hand everytime, but the facts are he gets owned almost every time, after giving a hell of a fight when he fight with guys that show mercy or doesn't use their powers at high/full range.
An example?
Classic Juggernaut, just beat down the Thing in 3hits, and that's how it should go, cause Thing was out of his league.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by brainchild81
Supes wins. He's still boring as Hell though.

roll eyes (sarcastic) in your opinion roll eyes (sarcastic)

brainchild81
Nope. It's a fact. I've ran all kinds of tests and done all kinds of equations on a blackboard and I keep coming to the conclusion that Supes sucks(Unless it's "Smallville or maybe "JLU"wink. Sorry you had to hear this from me. sad

black robb
Originally posted by black robb
hey arnando Thing could use his secret weapon...

...his combat experience big grin by the way i was joking it's an in-joke with arnando

armandovalles
i no. dont worry about it blackrobb, and just so everyone knows, i no that he doesnt stand a chance in hell. thats why i think this thread is insanely stupid, if its a total mismatch why make a thread for it.

David Duchovony
Ummm... I've got a question is only Evangel allowed to post tournaments or something???

Paola
stay on topic, Duchovony

pr1983
Nope. It's a fact. I've ran all kinds of tests and done all kinds of equations on a blackboard and I keep coming to the conclusion that Supes sucks(Unless it's "Smallville or maybe "JLU"wink. Sorry you had to hear this from me. sad

ok... if u say so...

whirlysplat

roll eyes (sarcastic) I suggest your methodology is flawed, probably due to human error or the wrong equation, a basic understanding of Economics would help roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman = makes money, hence TV shows, Films, just a few comics over the years.

Your fave trendy hero e.g. spawn, or whoever it is this - year sales drop greatly over the next few years and book may even get cancelled.

As Andy Warhol once said "the best way to gauge success is through have much money it makes"

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

black robb
Originally posted by who?-kid
Prove it. i'll prove it

Cosmic Cube
The real question is whether or not Reed will be able to put all the little Thing peices back together after this fight is over.

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
The real question is whether or not Reed will be able to put all the little Thing peices back together after this fight is over.
lol

pr1983
i'll prove it

What the f**k?

colossus17
i'll prove it

....... confused

Blair Wind
i'll prove it

HAHAHAHHAHAHA......wow..... laughing

brainchild81
Originally posted by whirlysplat
roll eyes (sarcastic) I suggest your methodology is flawed, probably due to human error or the wrong equation, a basic understanding of Economics would help roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman = makes money, hence TV shows, Films, just a few comics over the years.

Your fave trendy hero e.g. spawn, or whoever it is this - year sales drop greatly over the next few years and book may even get cancelled.

As Andy Warhol once said "the best way to gauge success is through have much money it makes"roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) Makes money=So does Britney Spearssmile. TV shows? My equations covered that(Smallville & JLA are good). Films?It's been a while hasn't it? The last one sucked. I hope this one's good, but I expect nothing from it to avoid disappointment. Comics? People buy them hoping Batman will make a cameosmile

ZephroCarnelian
Hoping Batman will make a cameo..? lol! big grin

And seriously.... Supes could out armwrestle Thing with his little finger...

There's no chance of Thing winning against someone who's a hundred times stronger, a thousand times faster and so much tougher.

whirlysplat
Makes money=So does Britney Spearssmile. TV shows? My equations covered that(Smallville & JLA are good). Films?It's been a while hasn't it? The last one sucked. I hope this one's good, but I expect nothing from it to avoid disappointment. Comics? People buy them hoping Batman will make a cameosmile

I greatly admire and respect Britney Spearssmile she is a triple threat and extremely talented. I do think Superman is often used poorly but he was the first of his type if you discount things like Philp Wylies Gladiator (I am almost certain that is where fanboys own "Gladiator" got his name as a tribute), he also has produced some moments of comic brilliance, if he was not an archetype that resonated worldwidw why is he so pervasive. Yes he is old fashioned in some ways, yes he is stayed and boring if you feel morality and caring about others is boring. He is just about the most powerful of all Superheroes and yet he is also a gentle caring individual who truly believes that humans have a great potential, but rather than forcing humaity to conform to what he wishes - which he could, instead he prefers to protect us.
I'm sorry that you do not believe money is a good indicator of popularity and success (I think that really does mean you do not understand the principles of a consumer society. To take issue further what people want and like is not always good for them e.g. Mcdonalds (ever seen "supersize me"wink however in the case of Superman people have liked him for 65+ years and strangely I do believe his character is a good thing. No sad macho hero with feet of clay only a godlike character who loves humanity. Whats not to like?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.