Cloud vs Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ketchuptome
Anotha good match-up yes
I say Cloud, that sword is big!! eek!

SaTsuJiN
if they have nothing but their respective gear and then it would be a good fight.. anything more than that would throw the fight off

shangheid
I think cloud would win no expression

Ketchuptome
Me too

TrAnCeDuO
most definitely cloud since hes stronger than sephy.

Ketchuptome
yes but doesnt Link's shield(mirror sheid) defect his attack

Draco69
Link.

TrAnCeDuO
how can a shield deflect a summon or a direct attack?

SaTsuJiN
ketch.. set the stage for the battle.. tell everyone what weapons / items link has and what weapons / items cloud has... so theres no confusions.. the arena would also help smile

Linkalicious
Link.

History has shown that the shield/sword combo is superior to the sword alone.

If Link deflects a swing by Cloud with the shield, then he pretty much has a free shot at Cloud.

Ketchuptome
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
ketch.. set the stage for the battle.. tell everyone what weapons / items link has and what weapons / items cloud has... so theres no confusions.. the arena would also help smile

Uhh. They can have all their weapons but their same limitations.
The arena. In a forest big grin

SaTsuJiN
hmm.. a forest.. sounds like link gets the advantage.. having been raised as a kokiri and all

Draco69
Link wins. Unless Cloud has that blasted "Knights of the Round" materia.

TrAnCeDuO
i don't really see the difference. after all cloud was raised in the "concrete" jungle smile

mr.smiley
in those advent children trailers cloud is moving way too fast for link to even think

AdventChild
draco i love you but only a ding dong would go for link.....

Ketchuptome
Originally posted by mr.smiley
in those advent children trailers cloud is moving way too fast for link to even think

yes when he was fighting Sephiroth on his motorcycle

Whats a kokiri? confused

TrAnCeDuO
kokiri is the village that link was raised in.

and that wasnt sephiroth it was one of the silver haired men.

dante2
could!!!!!!!!

Ketchuptome
could?!?! What the f**k?

shadow12
link

Ketchuptome
maybe

DracotheDragon
Link, and don't get me started...

Ketchuptome
:laughing:

Lord Ryugen
Cloud, with only basic weapons Link can't block the Buster Sword. Even if the Hyrule Shield survives Cloud's attack the force of the impact would shatter his arm. And in terms of speed remember Cloud is Mako enhanced, he swings the Buster Sword with incredible speed. Link is outpowered. Only way for him to win is to dodge until he can get in close, and I don't think he'll make it.

Ketchuptome
Why not. Link is pretty swift

Dizzle
Plus if you give him his magic and bow n stuff, he won't need to get in close. Link is a badass for his versatility and ingenuity. Cuz the best Zeldas are puzzle games. SNES FOREVER!!!

Lord Ryugen
True if it's a full powered Link vs full powered Cloud Link takes the fight with his magical weapons. But if they're at their basic stage e.g Cloud with Buster Sword and Link with just sword and shield he won't be able to survive Clouds superior strength and power.

Lord Ryugen
True if it's a full powered Link vs full powered Cloud Link takes the fight with his magical weapons. But if they're at their basic stage e.g Cloud with Buster Sword and Link with just sword and shield he won't be able to survive Clouds superior strength and power.

shadow12
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
all link has to do is become Feirce deity link

Ketchuptome
Whos that?

TrAnCeDuO
its a character in Majora's mask. its insanely powerful since it takes very little to kill bosses. it takes link about three or so slashes to kill majora(who can summon the power of the moon to destroy everything).
Still i doubt that'll be enough against spells like De-spell or his summons like Knights of the Round Table. Lets not forget Clouds Omnislash!

Dizzle
But Link has Nayru's Love magic... Which makes him invincible... And fairies!!!

Ketchuptome
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
its a character in Majora's mask. its insanely powerful since it takes very little to kill bosses. it takes link about three or so slashes to kill majora(who can summon the power of the moon to destroy everything).
Still i doubt that'll be enough against spells like De-spell or his summons like Knights of the Round Table. Lets not forget Clouds Omnislash!

Ooooooh.Ive seen him. He's glowing white right?

Doctor Strange
Don't forget the mirror shield. I doubt any of Cloud's attacks could penetrate that. Also, Link has a better reason to fight than Cloud does.

Better reason=better fighter.

TrAnCeDuO
Originally posted by Dizzle
But Link has Nayru's Love magic... Which makes him invincible... And fairies!!!

not quite seeing that cloud can easily kill that with dispell

Originally posted by Ketchuptome
Ooooooh.Ive seen him. He's glowing white right?

dunno its been a long time since ive played majora. all you need to know is that hes frickin powerful and has a much higher chance of survival than normal link does.

Originally posted by Doctor Strange
Don't forget the mirror shield. I doubt any of Cloud's attacks could penetrate that. Also, Link has a better reason to fight than Cloud does.

Better reason=better fighter.

and your point would be? in case you didnt notice the mirror shield isnt THAT great. it can only deflect projectile magic(which clould rarely uses)

better reason? i dont see a difference at all since both have to save the entire planet from being annhilated by evil sorcerers that have the power to summon a massive object to crash into the earth.

theyre both important.

shadow12
not quite seeing that cloud can easily kill that with dispell

dunno its been a long time since ive played majora. all you need to know is that hes frickin powerful and has a much higher chance of survival than normal link does.

and your point would be? in case you didnt notice the mirror shield isnt THAT great. it can only deflect projectile magic(which clould rarely uses)

better reason? i dont see a difference at all since both have to save the entire planet from being annhilated by evil sorcerers that have the power to summon a massive object to crash into the earth.

theyre both important.
i'm playing majora's mask now and his power is godlike

TrAnCeDuO
that it is that it is...but i still doubt its power against cloud.

Lord Ryugen
Again if both are fully armed with their respective weapons and magic I give Link an equal if not slightly higher chance of winning. Basic weapons and no magic however and Link gets steamrolled.

Ketchuptome
Does Cloud have a name for his sword?

Bobafetty
Cloud may be strong but Link is agile and swift. Plus, Link has a ton of items that he can use when ever he wishes.
Oh and the answer to your question, yes Cloud's sword's name is the Buster sword.

Ketchuptome
Originally posted by Bobafetty
Cloud may be strong but Link is agile and swift. Plus, Link has a ton of items that he can use when ever he wishes.
Oh and the answer to your question, yes Cloud's sword's name is the Buster sword.

You know that 2nd sentence is incorrect messed

Dizzle
Link can use items when he wants to... Only getting to use 2 or 3 at a time in the games is cuz of lack of buttons, not Link...

Dizzle
http://www.pikminlink.com/Fierce%20Deity%20Link.htm

Fierce Deity aka OniLink. God powers. Only weakness is that his sword takes magic to swing. And everyone STILL forgets that Link actually has a better mask than that- Giant's Mask. You can actually use the Fierce Deity in the place where you use the Giant Mask (It's only usable in 1 part, where fierce deity is 2; there and the moon) Giant Mask makes Link several hundred times his normal size, with strength to match. He isn't losing.

Ketchuptome
He look strong

shadow12
he is

TrAnCeDuO
Originally posted by Ketchuptome
You know that 2nd sentence is incorrect messed

how would you know? you just said you didn't know the name of it.

it is the buster sword.

and i still doubt fierce deity's power.

Dizzle
He owns, trust us. Takes a hell of a lot more punishment than normal Link. Kills each incarnation of Majora's Mask (the boss) in the final fight in less than 10 hits. Giant is still stronger though. Cloud is soooo getting stepped on.

Lord Ryugen
Cloud's original sword is called the Buster Sword. His ultimate is the Ultimate Weapon (points for originality roll eyes (sarcastic) ) But Yeah Link takes this if he's got all weapons and items

shadow12
Originally posted by Dizzle
He owns, trust us. Takes a hell of a lot more punishment than normal Link. Kills each incarnation of Majora's Mask (the boss) in the final fight in less than 10 hits. Giant is still stronger though. Cloud is soooo getting stepped on.
he doesn't have the giant's maske because he trades it to that majora kid like thing in the moon dungon to get the fierce deiety's mask the only masks he would have r the goron, zora, deku, and fierce deiety's mask

Ketchuptome
how would you know? you just said you didn't know the name of it.

it is the buster sword.

and i still doubt fierce deity's power.

blink I was talkin to Bobafetty

TrAnCeDuO
oh my bad. sorry i mistook the buster sword comment for the comment you made on the items.

Feel free to backhand me.

Dizzle
Originally posted by shadow12
he doesn't have the giant's maske because he trades it to that majora kid like thing in the moon dungon to get the fierce deiety's mask the only masks he would have r the goron, zora, deku, and fierce deiety's mask

After you beat Majora's Mask, you can walk around in the world and keep both. I actually tried going back to the Giant Mask area and using the Fierce Deity. It works, but you can't kill the boss. So I took it off, put on the Giant Mask, and killed me a giant worm thing.

Blue Dragon
Cloud? Who? Link!!!!

Keyblade master
Im a Zelda fan but I have to say Cloud(but what if the both fought Sephreoth and Ganon!)

Darth Mantis
Cloud...

Hoshi
its buster sword , but his ultimate sword is Ultima sword ,
but i will have to go for link even if they are at only sword and shield , because the master sword is one of the strongest swords in the world , and the only one that can cut pure evil , and the buster sword is just a regular big sword

Lord Ryugen
Hoshi if they're at normal sword and shield Link won't have the Master sword just his normal one. And without magic to back him up he can't defend against the massive power of the buster sword.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Hoshi
its buster sword , but his ultimate sword is Ultima sword ,
but i will have to go for link even if they are at only sword and shield , because the master sword is one of the strongest swords in the world , and the only one that can cut pure evil , and the buster sword is just a regular big sword
That's right! Same reason I thought! Who said anything about normal swords...?

SaTsuJiN
after seeing that advent children trailer ending.. Im inclined to believe that it would be one hell of a fight

Lord Ryugen
Yeeah but eventually I'm guessing Link would take home the win.

Hoshi
yup , but if you think hard , you will see that they are too equally matched , it would be a fight that the one who blinks more loses.So its pointless to discuss , its like a luck match

shadow12
yup , but if you think hard , you will see that they are too equally matched , it would be a fight that the one who blinks more loses.So its pointless to discuss , its like a luck match
why don't u just say stalemate

Hoshi
yeah , i think thats the point . Thanks

Lord Ryugen
Nah Cloud has the edge physicaly but he can't match Link's most powerful magics. With all their items Link wins.

Hoshi
yeah i know , but the fight will be only sword to sword

Lord Ryugen
Then Cloud wins. Link doesn't have the strength, speed or range to hang up close with Cloud.

Hoshi
but he is more agile , if Cloud doesnt enter in a berseker and use a remozuken link win , if he does cloud wins

Lord Ryugen
Erm doesn't Squall use the renzuken. Clouds limits are:

LEVEL 1:
Braver
Cross Slash

LEVEL 2:
Blade Beam
Climhazard

LEVEL 3:
Metorain
Finishing Touch

LEVEL 4:
Omnislash

Hoshi
omninslash means remozuken in japanese , i can assure you that

Hoshi
because i have ff7 the japanese one

Lord Ryugen
I thought omni stood for all, you know omnipresent means that you're in all places, omnipotent means all powerful and so on. That said I don't know a word of Japanese so I can't argue with you.

AdventChild
but he is more agile , if Cloud doesnt enter in a berseker and use a remozuken link win , if he does cloud wins

ermmmm... Link fanboy.... *looks away and acts like he didn't say anything* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Ryugen
He has a point Advent, Link has more agility than Cloud, which he needs cause he sure as hell doesn't want to try blocking.

Hoshi
but now that i think right i think cloud would win , because he move the buster sword just a little slower than link does with his short sword , but it would still be a great match

Lord Ryugen
True he swings the sword slightly slower but the force it gathers is incredible. If Link attempts to block he'll be lucky if the impact merely braks his arm, there's a damm good chance it'll just smash through shield and arm completly. The only way Link stands a chance is through constant dodging and counter attacking and with the Mako enhancments it's my opinon that Cloud will get the strike he needs to win.

shadow12
depends on what sheild he uses

Hoshi
but the shield he uses in this fight is the weakest one

shadow12
oh nm then

Dizzle
Well that's just retarded... (Link gets pissed and pulls his Fierce Deity mask)

shadow12
lol

Hooverman
lol

dvampire
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
if they have nothing but their respective gear and then it would be a good fight.. anything more than that would throw the fight off

Clouds final weapon is Ultimate Weapon. smile

Hooverman
first weapons only dude

dvampire
Originally posted by Hooverman
first weapons only dude

Oh. O.K. I go with Cloud. big grin

Hooverman
besides his last weapon is called the "ultima" weapon not ultimate

RagnaViper
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
Anotha good match-up yes
I say Cloud, that sword is big!! eek!

Man, you sure get excited about big swords...

Disturbing thought! Go away!

swipe9091
link uses a light arrow and turns cloud into 50 rupees, end of battle
---
link turns into a goron and throws a powder keg at cloud... kaboom!, end of battle

Hooverman
Originally posted by swipe9091
link uses a light arrow and turns cloud into 50 rupees, end of battle
---
link turns into a goron and throws a powder keg at cloud... kaboom!, end of battle
hahahahahahaha laughing hahahahahahahaha laughing out loud hahahhahahaha
o god ur funny aha o god haha like that would ever happen hahahahaha

Dizzle
Yeah, it's only got like a 10 minute fuse... Anyhoo, OniLink is so much cooler. And actually effective. And with less mess when it actually works!!!

dark1365
Originally posted by RagnaViper
Man, you sure get excited about big swords...

Disturbing thought! Go away!
That sword that the Gorons gave Link in OoT was pretty damn big though.

Dizzle
He needed to use both hands... was too heavy for just the right. Hehe, disturbing images.

swipe9091
yeah but being onilink takes magic to swing the sword but in mj he can get a potion that gives him infintite magic for a day

swipe9091
Originally posted by Hooverman
hahahahahahaha laughing hahahahahahahaha laughing out loud hahahhahahaha
o god ur funny aha o god haha like that would ever happen hahahahaha

link can still use light arrows

Hooverman
Originally posted by swipe9091
link can still use light arrows
that's no fair

Dizzle
Does it have to be? Light arrows are bitchin.

cheeriosrul
Cloud Would Win THat Big Sword And Fast Moves... Yup For Sure

cheeriosrul
He Would Win He So Cool

Freaky Zeeky
smile

WAF3001
Link all the way!

Virgil_Sparda
Cloud would win all the way... nayrus love is useless against clouds de-spell which removes all spells cast on a person... f*ck the fairies.

WAF3001
Go Link!

RagnaViper
Originally posted by dark1365
That sword that the Gorons gave Link in OoT was pretty damn big though.

Trufax.

WAF3001

RagnaViper
Originally posted by WAF3001

~STABS~

WAF3001
someone has some surpressesd anger................

RagnaViper
someone has some surpressesd anger................

Someone needs to stop dropping spam everywhere.

"I don't like spam!" -Old Lady from Monty Python

WAF3001
RagnaViper, you've been posting in all the threads I've been posting in. If I'm spamming, so are you!!!!

RagnaViper
RagnaViper, you've been posting in all the threads I've been posting in. If I'm spamming, so are you!!!!

Except I don't just say "Go Necrid" or "Go Cloud" or "Go my Mother". ****ing hell dude. In my short time here, I've seen you post the same, slightly modified posts way more than any thought-taking posts.

WAF3001
Have you actually looked at all of my posts?

This is a trap

If you say yes, you appear to be stalking what could be some guy

If you say no, you really don't know all that I've posted and have no right to say that!

RagnaViper
Nope. I can just tell by your posting habits that you are generally a spammer. So you can't really trap me. I may be wrong, but what I've seen lately qualifies you as a spammer.

I'm just replying to new posts because I enjoy a moving conversation rather than a recessing conversation.

WAF3001
That's the same thing I'm doing.........

RagnaViper
That's fine dude. I just don't like a lot of the spam I've seen you post.

WAF3001
And We're BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!

Dizzle
Link could easily win, given all his magic. Despell wouldn't work on comlete form changes, such as the Giant's Mask or OniLink. And Cloud has absolutely no chance against either, Nayru's Love or not.

With just basic weapons, Cloud wins for superior strength and reach. With all abilities available, Link demolishes him with a stomp. Or a slash when using the power gauntlets.

Oh, and WAF, you are quite the spammer... In two threads I just posted in, you'd posted "I like chicken". You've posted in maybe 10 threads in which I am involved, mostly with pointless posts. You've also created a whole bunch of threads with little to no point.

WAF3001
Link is the hotter of the two

Dizzle
Spam. You said the same thing in Link vs. Ganondorf, and actually tried to make it look pointless...

WAF3001
I had already voted on this thread a long time ago. Of course it's spam.
That's all I even post on this whole forum. Look at it! I own this forum!

star_scar_child
i agree, but i bel;eive seph could take down link and many would agree with me, but cloud took down seph (even though no one believes my "seph had the flew and was too sick to fight" theory) i believe that clouds strength in mind, body and heart overpowers the mute elf by alot. cloud uses his pain to push him through battle and he is entirely not affraid to die. implus he cam block freaking bullets with his sword in a high speed motor cycle chace!?!?1 link is owned

Dizzle
By the pure cheapness that is Link with every weapon that he has used in tandem, Link would beat even Sephiroth, because he has enough offensive power to do so. And invincibility. Anyone who Link can't kill reasonably fast using the Giant's Mask and Nayru's Love will beat him.

Oh, and when Sephiroth was weak enough for Cloud to fight him 1v1, Seph had already died. Twice. Before that he did stuff like holding back Holy.

swipe9091
Originally posted by Virgil_Sparda
Cloud would win all the way... nayrus love is useless against clouds de-spell which removes all spells cast on a person... f*ck the fairies. ya but clouds despell wont work if link already has nayrus love on HAHAwink

swipe9091
Originally posted by star_scar_child
i agree, but i bel;eive seph could take down link and many would agree with me, but cloud took down seph (even though no one believes my "seph had the flew and was too sick to fight" theory) i believe that clouds strength in mind, body and heart overpowers the mute elf by alot. cloud uses his pain to push him through battle and he is entirely not affraid to die. implus he cam block freaking bullets with his sword in a high speed motor cycle chace!?!?1 link is owned in legend of zelda twilight princess link is gonna talk stick out tongue

Buster Sword
cloud would win. he has a freaking 6 foot long sword which he can swing like it was made of air! What does link have? A midget shield that reflects light and a sword that when compared to the Buster Sword, looks like a toothpick. And even if Link magicaly found a way to get in close and hit Cloud, lets see, Cloud's survived falling thousands of feet, being steped on, biten, and blasted by every one of the Weapons, explosions, gunfire, and being stabbed by Sephiroth's sword-after which he grabed the sword(with it still in him by the way)and threw sephiroth off the handle and in to the mako reactor, i don't think any ice/fire/holy arrows or toothpick swords or fire explosions or bombs/bombchus will have any effect on him at all!!!

xxxpoppunker182
clarify which link clud is fighting link 1 2 3 or 4

kamikz
Link would win, I mean why do you say he can't deflect Clouds attacks, HE DEFLECTS GANONS ATTACKS, with those two huge swords. And to counter the summons Link has for example invinsability, invisability, Dins fire, ligh arrows. That would help alot.

diabloprimeevil
link would put on the oni mask then he would own cloud

kamikz
Or the giants mask and step on him

xxxpoppunker182
which link are you talkin about? 1,2,3 or 4

ShadO
i joined this forum just to post here. i dont understand all these people who think that fully equipt link would own. yes if link were fully equipt and cloud wasnt then i agree. but has everyone seemed to have forgotten: knights of the round, omnislash, despell (for you nayrus love fans), FINAL ATTACK MATERIA (Pheonix), 4x cut, pre-emptive, mimic, big guard, hades, ETC. ETC. ETC. the list seriously goes on forever. and for the popular link arguments (giants mask, feirce deity) the giants mask is enchanted to only work in one place. and even if that one place was the arena chosen, Cloud has defeated things far larger (ruby weapon is twice the size of the gold saucer which is an entire amusement park.) feirce deitys mask ill admit would be a force to be reckoned with. but the improvment would only ALMOST even out the sword match (buster is still bigger though the twisted blades of links would have to be about the coolest freaking thing ever) and even then if the battle had not been won instantly by link then he would stand no chance because he would run out of magic. and yes he would have blue pots and such but it takes him so long to use them that he would be dead by the time he got the cap off.

summary cloud > link even though link kicks ass

{DR3AM3R]
id say cloud links sword is a freaken ant compared to clouds sword

{DR3AM3R]
oh yeah im 11 years old

{DR3AM3R]
kenshin2

{DR3AM3R]
kenshin2

{DR3AM3R]
didnt mean to do that

{DR3AM3R]
angel

xxxpoppunker182
well just cause a sword is bigger doesnt mean its better and again clarify which link.

ryumega
Compare Advent Children Cloud to Super Smash Brothers Link.

I`ll give Link his master sword, hylian shield, bombs, bow and arrows and boomarang.

Cloud, the multiple sword in AC.

Cloud is fast enough to deflect and dodge bullets so his speed is superior. Using blade beam he can get in close to Link or simply run at him or jump.

Link's best bet is keep a distance. Firing arrows and bombs to slow Cloud down. Then moving in to get clean hits with his sword.

Link is no soldier and isnt properly trained to fight someone as skilled as Cloud sword to sword. Link learned everything from battles he fought basic stuff. Cloud has been trained on how to fight(if you want to see how a real 1st class soldier fights watch "Last Order"wink.

I give this to Cloud unless you give Link a great advantage like the feirce deity mask. But I still think Cloud could win.

ESB- 1138
I say that Oni-Link wouldn't defeat Cloud anyways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.