Thanos V's Asgardian Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Odin is pissed off with Thanos so he's sent the Destroyer to "deal" with him..... in a terminal kinda way

Will Thanos thrive or will Destroyer destroy?

we'll say Balder is piloting the Destroyer for the fight as he's pretty tough and should be able to keep it under his control

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Character_Bios/bio-destroyer.jpghttp://dcmarvelrpg.vilabol.uol.com.br/thanosstance2.gif

Thanos doesn't get time to prep, he only has 20 seconds warning and has no extra tech or help with him.... (and definitely no IG, CC or HOTU)

Scoobless
pmub

DigiMark007
The Destroyer makes its wearer above Skyfather (in general, but it depends partly on the user)....so yeah, Thanos will be sent packing. Odin created it to be powerful enough to fight Celestials....it might not quite be there, but it's not too far off.

-DM

DigiMark007
And the metal it's made out of is bolstered by magic and supposedly is stronger than even adamantium (not quite sure how Odin managed that, but that's what I've read)...so Thanos wouldn't be doing much to him.

-DM

leonidas
thanos would likely outsmart the destroyer somehow and manage to escape, but the best he could hope for would be a running stalemate. if he decided to stay and trade blows or power, he'd lose; eventually.

guy222
Originally posted by Scoobless
Odin is pissed off with Thanos so he's sent the Destroyer to "deal" with him..... in a terminal kinda way

Will Thanos thrive or will Destroyer destroy?

we'll say Balder is piloting the Destroyer for the fight as he's pretty tough and should be able to keep it under his control

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Character_Bios/bio-destroyer.jpghttp://dcmarvelrpg.vilabol.uol.com.br/thanosstance2.gif

Thanos doesn't get time to prep, he only has 20 seconds warning and has no extra tech or help with him.... (and definitely no IG, CC or HOTU)

Dread Destroyer FTW

TricksterPriest
Thanos's only chance to win is to eject Balder from the Destroyer and take over it himself. He can't beat it in a fight.

Priest
Destroyer ftw

quanchi112
well thor with the odinforce has decapitated desak in the destroyer before. desak is much more than balder ever could be. thanos in a very tough win here.
thanos has hung in there with odin before, he could beat the destroyer.

Utrigita
Thanos gets vaporized.

xmarksthespot
Wow guy managed to bump the oldest of the 5 or 6 Thanos vs Destroyer threads. Destroyer ftw.

Utrigita
laughing

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by quanchi112
well thor with the odinforce has decapitated desak in the destroyer before. desak is much more than balder ever could be. thanos in a very tough win here.
thanos has hung in there with odin before, he could beat the destroyer.

Desak's godkiller power was weakened and that aura was also weakening the destroyer. Thanos can't win. stick out tongue

guy222
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Wow guy managed to bump the oldest of the 5 or 6 Thanos vs Destroyer threads. Destroyer ftw.

big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Desak's godkiller power was weakened and that aura was also weakening the destroyer. Thanos can't win. stick out tongue thanos hung in there with odin and tyrant. i think both beings going all out could defeat the destroyer. thanos could definitely pull this off.

thanos wins.

TricksterPriest
thanos hung in there with odin and tyrant. i think both beings going all out could defeat the destroyer. thanos could definitely pull this off.

thanos wins.

Short of BFR or kicking Balder out of the destroyer, he's screwed. And I don't think Scoob is allowing those 2.

quanchi112
Short of BFR or kicking Balder out of the destroyer, he's screwed. And I don't think Scoob is allowing those 2. look whos in the destroyer armor its balder. he doesnt have the brain power to hang with thanos. thanos beats him. thanos has faced smarter, more experienced,tougher opponents than balder in the armor.

thanos wins.

boriquaking55
Straight up fight, Thanos knows he can't win. Only way he can is through BFR or perhaps banishment.

llagrok
Quanchi claiming that Thanos could beat the Destroyer in a straight up fight, priceless.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Quanchi claiming that Thanos could beat the Destroyer in a straight up fight, priceless. why is it so impossible to believe? balder is in there. balder.

laughing

CaptainStoic
I saw what the Destroyer did to Thor it would likely do the same to Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I saw what the Destroyer did to Thor it would likely do the same to Thanos. thanos is more than thor though. he took on thor with the power gem and held his own.

Sundipped
Balder may be in it but the destroyer still yeilds awesome power. A visor beam blast was able to disntegrate Mjlnor. I would have a shot if I animated it. big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
Balder may be in it but the destroyer still yeilds awesome power. A visor beam blast was able to disntegrate Mjlnor. I would have a shot if I animated it. big grin against thanos ud need a lot of practice.

dont know if ud have the time.

thanos is to much.

TricksterPriest
against thanos ud need a lot of practice.

dont know if ud have the time.

thanos is to much.

Most people can't control the destroyer. Short of BFR or kicking Balder's spirit out, Thanos hasn't got a prayer. It may have failed to stop the celestials, but it still makes whoever is controlling it around skyfather level. wink

quanchi112
Most people can't control the destroyer. Short of BFR or kicking Balder's spirit out, Thanos hasn't got a prayer. It may have failed to stop the celestials, but it still makes whoever is controlling it around skyfather level. wink odin couldnt put down thanos. odin the king of skyfathers. he failed and had quite some time. u see thanos can hang with even the biggest and baddest of all the skyfathers,odin.

TricksterPriest
odin couldnt put down thanos. odin the king of skyfathers. he failed and had quite some time. u see thanos can hang with even the biggest and baddest of all the skyfathers,odin.

What the f**k? You can't be serious............

quanchi112
What the f**k? You can't be serious............ look the fight wasnt decided while odin was winning thanos charged right through his blasts. thats how impressive he was. it was in asgard as well. thanos isnt the most powerful being in comics but with his mind and his incredible powers coupled with his insane durablity he wins here against balder in the destroyer armor.

TricksterPriest
look the fight wasnt decided while odin was winning thanos charged right through his blasts. thats how impressive he was. it was in asgard as well. thanos isnt the most powerful being in comics but with his mind and his incredible powers coupled with his insane durablity he wins here against balder in the destroyer armor.

no, you really can't be serious. Odin wasn't even trying to kill Thanos. Thanos would lose 1000/1000 to Odin.

the Destroyer is indestructible to beings of Thanos's power level. It took the celestials to slag it.

quanchi112
no, you really can't be serious. Odin wasn't even trying to kill Thanos. Thanos would lose 1000/1000 to Odin.

the Destroyer is indestructible to beings of Thanos's power level. It took the celestials to slag it. odin wasnt trying to kil thanos. he thought he did kill him. he didnt scream oh no i killed thanos by mistake. he was going all out on thanos but just failed to beat him.

Utrigita
no matter what the fact about the Thanos vs Odin might be, it doesn't chance the fact that Thanos doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell the asgardien armor actually managed to take shot from the Celestials, don't tell me you will put Thanos energy levels on the same as that of a Celestial.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
no matter what the fact about the Thanos vs Odin might be, it doesn't chance the fact that Thanos doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell the asgardien armor actually managed to take shot from the Celestials, don't tell me you will put Thanos energy levels on the same as that of a Celestial. no i dont put thanos energy levels near a celestials. but i have seen the destroyer lose before. trust me blader in there would lose to thanos.

Utrigita
no i dont put thanos energy levels near a celestials. but i have seen the destroyer lose before. trust me blader in there would lose to thanos.

Yes he would if Thanos decided to change the fight into a telepathy one sure he would defeat Balder but straight physical blows energy shots etc. I don't see Thanos winning.

quanchi112
Yes he would if Thanos decided to change the fight into a telepathy one sure he would defeat Balder but straight physical blows energy shots etc. I don't see Thanos winning. well i can see him winning. there is more than one way to skin a cat.

guy222
well i can see him winning. there is more than one way to skin a cat.

How does Thanos beat the Dread Destroyer

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
How does Thanos beat the Dread Destroyer removes balder from the armor. simple.

Utrigita
removes balder from the armor. simple.

Thats sound like my proposal but I don't think its allowed in this fight.

quanchi112
Thats sound like my proposal but I don't think its allowed in this fight. where does it say that?

King Kandy
Well since Thor lasted over an issue against Destroyer, I think that this fight, while Thanos would lose, would be one helluva fight scene.

Sundipped
Originally posted by King Kandy
Well since Thor lasted over an issue against Destroyer, I think that this fight, while Thanos would lose, would be one helluva fight scene.

Is that the issue where it looks like Thor is dead with Destroyer standing over him?

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
Well since Thor lasted over an issue against Destroyer, I think that this fight, while Thanos would lose, would be one helluva fight scene. thanos has always been a lot more than thor. he has even waved his hammer down before.

guy222
destroyer

comicfan11
In a physical fight Destroyer stomps

quanchi112
Thanos still wins.

The Great Galen
LMAO. this is sheer spite. Destroyer punches through his chest every time.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
LMAO. this is sheer spite. Destroyer punches through his chest every time. Destroyer cant punch through Thanos' chest.

Scoobless
removes balder from the armor. simple.

How exactly would he do that?

TricksterPriest
Loki did it, I think, but I doubt Thanos has the magical expertise or knowledge of it that Loki did.

I think the destroyer has dimensional travel, so BFR is probably out.

carnage52
Thanos still wins. quanchi supporting thanos?jesus how unpredictable! laughing out loud

carnage52
Destroyer cant punch through Thanos' chest. if drax can destroyer can.

carnage52
Originally posted by comicfan11
In a physical fight Destroyer stomps

DigiMark007
Originally posted by carnage52
if drax can destroyer can.

Drax was imbued with power by an abstract specifically to be able to take out Thanos. It's the very purpose of his character. So no, this comparison doesn't work. Drax's power levels <<<< Thanos' durability. It's only because he was conceptually created to deal with Thanos that he was able to.

Also, we're talking about the Asgardian Destroyer, not Drax the Destroyer. Your scan there seems to suggest that you're confused.

Probably Destroyer, btw, but not because of this.

Mr Master
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Drax was imbued with power by an abstract specifically to be able to take out Thanos. It's the very purpose of his character. So no, this comparison doesn't work. Drax's power levels <<<< Thanos' durability. It's only because he was conceptually created to deal with Thanos that he was able to.

Also, we're talking about the Asgardian Destroyer, not Drax the Destroyer.
Your scan there seems to suggest that you're confused.

Probably Destroyer, btw, but not because of this.
thumb up

carnage52

Also, we're talking about the Asgardian Destroyer, not Drax the Destroyer. Your scan there seems to suggest that you're confused.

Probably Destroyer, btw, but not because of this. still destroyer wins but only slightly.by the scan im saying that thanos could stilll scrape some wins.

golem370
Thanos has a good chance. Didn't Thor beat the Destroyer when Enchantress or Sif or Valkyrie controlled it? Thanos is a monster who impressed Odin fought Tyrant and hung with Thor who was depending on whether or not he had some kind of help from the Power Gem was still 10 times stronger then normal. I heard he defeated Ares & Pluto, and If he had use of the gem who knows how strong he was and with the gem could have been Indestructible like has been said about Drax when he had it.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos has a good chance. Didn't Thor beat the Destroyer when Enchantress or Sif or Valkyrie controlled it? Thanos is a monster who impressed Odin fought Tyrant and hung with Thor who was depending on whether or not he had some kind of help from the Power Gem was still 10 times stronger then normal. I heard he defeated Ares & Pluto, and If he had use of the gem who knows how strong he was and with the gem could have been Indestructible like has been said about Drax when he had it.

I know Thor has dented the Destroyer, but most wins against it either involve some plot device or beings like the Celestials (who have a convincing win over it). I might be wrong, but I don't recall the instance you're tlaking about.

Anyway, no one says Thanos wouldn't put up a great fight. But Balder's a competent wielder of the suit. He should take the majority.

guy222
Odin has stopped the Destroyer. Its his creation

Thor with the Thor Force finally defeated the Dread One

Before that, he was always and soundly beaten

Thanos loses

Scoobless

That's one opinion, another would be that Drax was just created to be powerful enough to deal with Thanos ... since his most recent reincarnation Drax has never had trouble with anyone in a physical confrontation ... he even casually murdered Lunatik who more than held his own in an extended fight with the Silver Surfer (and even scored a KO over him) .... in fact the match ended when Surfer realised he couldn't defeat Lunatik and instead bound him to the planet they were on (which ended up not working either)

Also Thanos has been seen taking measures to make sure he wouldn't end up in a confrontation with Lunatik himself.

golem370
I say toss up. Didn't Hercules hold his own with the Destroyer before?

DigiMark007
That's one opinion, another would be that Drax was just created to be powerful enough to deal with Thanos ... since his most recent reincarnation Drax has never had trouble with anyone in a physical confrontation ... he even casually murdered Lunatik who more than held his own in an extended fight with the Silver Surfer (and even scored a KO over him) .... in fact the match ended when Surfer realised he couldn't defeat Lunatik and instead bound him to the planet they were on (which ended up not working either)

Also Thanos has been seen taking measures to make sure he wouldn't end up in a confrontation with Lunatik himself.

It's possible. But assuming past incarnations could also deal with him, and were decidedly less powerful than Thanos' best feats, I favor my opinion. Still, it's an interesting way to look at it.

The Great Galen
Des punches through his chest ftw. spite thread.

psycho gundam
Des punches through his chest ftw. spite thread. you seem to have a grudge against thanos, why?

Mr Master

But assuming past incarnations could also deal with him,
and were decidedly less powerful than Thanos' best feats, I favor my opinion.
thumb up

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1027/chronosdrax1xc3et8.th.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8199/chronosdrax2dm9vf3.th.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9997/draxbornyy0qc8.th.jpg

Of course,
this doesn't mean Drax is only a powerhouse when it concerns Thanos,
but,
Drax was definitely created specifically to destroy Thanos.

Mr Master
edit

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mr Master
Of course,
but,
Drax was definitely created specifically to destroy Thanos.

He was, but he was a retard for most of his time as original Drax.

I favor my opinion.

If you didn't, it wouldn't be your opinion.

stick out tongue

Mr Master

thumb up

If you didn't, it wouldn't be your opinion.
laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
Destroyer

Ouallada

If I recall correctly, Giffen stated throughout Earthfall and Annihilation that while Drax was created by Chronus to take out Thanos, his first few incarnations developed powers that were useless to this cause, and were further honed by his subsequent resurrections and evolutions to develop powers that allow him to be optimal at doing his one and only job.

While I agree that Drax has not really shown physical limits as of yet in his latest incarnation, he hasn't shown planet-shattering feats like his old incarnation either.

quanchi112
How exactly would he do that? Uhm I have seen desak actually beheaded before in the destroyer armor. The destroyer can be destroyed. Thanos with his recent upgrade has knocked the abstract Galactus a few hundred yards who would crap all over the destroyer. Thanos destroys him.

Des punches through his chest ftw. spite thread. You have been shown over and over again that this can only be replicated by Drax but you keep posting it anyways,why?

Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1027/chronosdrax1xc3et8.th.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8199/chronosdrax2dm9vf3.th.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9997/draxbornyy0qc8.th.jpg

Of course,
but,
Drax was definitely created specifically to destroy Thanos. Nice scans.

Originally posted by Ouallada
If I recall correctly, Giffen stated throughout Earthfall and Annihilation that while Drax was created by Chronus to take out Thanos, his first few incarnations developed powers that were useless to this cause, and were further honed by his subsequent resurrections and evolutions to develop powers that allow him to be optimal at doing his one and only job.

While I agree that Drax has not really shown physical limits as of yet in his latest incarnation, he hasn't shown planet-shattering feats like his old incarnation either. Drax's power level even though it used to be a lot more powerful was ineffective against Thanos. It would help him against other characters but against Thanos not at all. When he became weaker like quallada basically implied then he developed powers that were better for him to accomplish his actual mission.

It also helped Thanos had his back turned.

Scoobless
Uhm I have seen desak actually beheaded before in the destroyer armor. The destroyer can be destroyed. Thanos with his recent upgrade has knocked the abstract Galactus a few hundred yards who would crap all over the destroyer. Thanos destroys him.

What does any of that have to do with Thanos removing Balder's spirit from the Destroyer?

Thanos actually beating the Destroyer in a physical fight is almost laughable.

guy222
A few points, Quan

Once Thor realized what he had done and seeing his son wounded, the power(Odinpower) returned. Then he flung mjolnir and defeated Desak/Destroyer

As I pointed out earlier, Odin has also stopped the Destroyer. It is his creation. The Destroyer has always owned Thor, until recently. Using the Odinpower to defeat the Dread One who was animated by Balder's soul

A pattern. OdinPower

No need to rehash the Odin/Thanos fight

Staying with the Destroyer FTW

quanchi112
What does any of that have to do with Thanos removing Balder's spirit from the Destroyer?

Thanos actually beating the Destroyer in a physical fight is almost laughable. It has nothing to do with it. If Odinpower can defeat the destroyer than Thanos clearly can due to his upgrade. Again Desak was beheaded by Thor. That means he can be beheaded.

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
A few points, Quan

Once Thor realized what he had done and seeing his son wounded, the power(Odinpower) returned. Then he flung mjolnir and defeated Desak/Destroyer

As I pointed out earlier, Odin has also stopped the Destroyer. It is his creation. The Destroyer has always owned Thor, until recently. Using the Odinpower to defeat the Dread One who was animated by Balder's soul

A pattern. OdinPower

No need to rehash the Odin/Thanos fight

Staying with the Destroyer FTW I understand guy I just think that Thanos became more powerful than Odin after the end. If Odin can beat him than any more powerful being can also beat him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.