Superman Vs X Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil player007
who wins

brainchild81
X-Men. Too many telepaths fo him to deal with.

hoorayforpeepee
which x-men? make a team.

stormfront13
yeah there are so many x-men to deal with can you provide a team??

eleveninches
NO WAY.

Supes could kill all x-men on the planet before they can even think of using their powers

Swanky-Tuna
We both know Superman isn't that fast.

And since the X-Men are littered with telepaths, he would have some trouble.

JRW
11 you are so biased it is rediculous

ZephroCarnelian
lol

Why do I always start my posts with lol? roll eyes (sarcastic)

N seriously - Superman could take out a LOT of X-Men, almost any team that you care to mention.

Cyclop's blasts would do bugger all, Storm's lightning would do bugger all, Collusus would break his steel hands against Supes chest...

But ANY of the telepaths would give him trouble by themselves.

ALL of them together would scramble his mind like a frog in a blender...

jplatinum
Wolverine, collossus(class 100), rogue(superstrong and absorbing ability),professor x(telepath), jean(telepath and phoenix abilities),cyclops(blasts can destroy small mountains),gambit(blow up anything), and nightcrawler(grab superman and teleport him into stuff like he did juggernaut in evolution),beast(class 30 and genius)storm(controls elements). Imagine all of them attacking him all out at once.

Superman goes down, unless he speed blitz.

nigel45
Originally posted by jplatinum
Superman goes down, unless he speed blitz.

If he wanted to win the fight, why wouldn't he?

K3VIL
This X-Men roster is nothing to Superman, Storm's attack are useless, Cyclops optic blast is a solar energy based attack, it's not even composed of red sun radiations, so Supes can take it all the day, he can take nukes at point blank distances.
Colossus is a poor rank class 100, between 150/180 Tons of strenght, Superman can lift/press over 100'000 Tons, Colossus is a kitty compared to him.Rogue's power are nothing to Supes too, Nightcrawler would get fryed from heat vision after he teleports, hypersenses rules.
Gambit can blow up anything?He must touch it, and can Gambit's power hack Superman's bioaura?Jean can't always access to the Phoenix Force, Wolverine is not even a factor, what he can do?Smoke in front of Supes?

JRW
you left out pro. x the most powerful telepath on the planet

Draco69
Prof. X would get creamed. Supes has resisted MM who is far more powerful.

I doubt that he could take EVERY X-Men in existence though. Just 95% of them.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by K3VIL
Cyclops optic blast is a solar energy based attack
It's not. He absorbs the sun's rays that let him open apertures in his eyes to the dimension his energy comes from. But because of the injury, the apertures are always open.

Sentry
Cable will stop him. He'll a$$ rape his mind. Cable is a much stronger telepath now. Combined with Rachel, Emma, and Xavier, Supes mind is getting a$$ raped.

Draco69
God-Like, sure. Normal, maybe. Depends if he can react to a guy going at near-lightspeed and all.

Draco69
The thread-starter should have specified a team. If Superman went all out, speedblitz, heat vision, everything then I can see him winning. But doubtful though. Not against EVERY X-Man in existence. Superman would take out 95% of them before he falls.

mr.smiley
plus if magneto was helping them out

Nataku8188
If this team has wolverine, they win! -_-"

Depends on the roster.

eleveninches
In the elseworlds tale (red son), supes is shown to be faster than the speed of thought. He can travel close to the speed of light, so he could easily kill the x-men before they could even think to use their powers

JRW
xavier is so much more powerful then MM in telepathic abilites he would be able to cush supes mind in seconds

Draco69
No he isn't. MM has once mindwiped 70 different people across the globe with thought. He was once also in contact with every sentinent being in the universe. Xavier is nowhere near his level.

And if Superman can resist MM...

stormfront13
well not that it would help supes has been hurt by small protions of electricity and storm can generate a whole lot more than a small amount. but i don't think this matters all that much cause i think that both sides have a chance of winning. but i thought i might point this out

sylvanelf
Wait a minute... in a fairly recent Martian Manhunter vs. Superman thread, there were quite a few people talking about how MM would basically wipe the floor with Superman due to his wide array of powers, the foremost of them being his telepathy.

Since when can Superman resist Martian Manhunter's mental assault? Did this happen in the last week or so? If that's the case, then the whole "MM would own SM" thing is garbage.

-------

As far as Superman vs the X-Men, it depends very greatly on the factors that very few thread originators care to define.

As has already been mentioned several times, which particular X-Men team?
Is this a casual encounter, or are they in an arena?
Does Superman know who the biggest threats are?
What is Superman's disposition - is he taking it easy, or is he out for blood?

lil player007
the x men team is wolverine,prof x, gambit,storm,jean grey,pyro,iceman,and magneto

Draco69
Magneto would be a problem. Especially current one. The rest are dust.

kgkg
god-like cable , Ice Man

Supes is out

hoorayforpeepee
the following could arguably defeat supes solo: god cable, magneto, phoenix 2 and 4, x-man, iceman (???doubtful but possible)

JRW
Professor X held the mids of hundreds way beter then MM Phoenix could also cream MM in telepathic ability

GalacticStorm
What u need to remember when comparing Professor X with MM is that in Marvel comics electromagnetic energies are related to psychic energies. Magneto manipulated the electromagnetic spectrum of the earth to hinder Prof X's range and influence while on earth. Its not that he doesnt have the power or capability to do the things u see MM do its just that theres a barrier preventing him from doing so. Feats hes done in the past include harnessing the combined psionic might of the earth to drive back the Z'Nox armada and if im not mistaken that was after mags' manipulations. However i'll get bk to u on that one

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
No he isn't. MM has once mindwiped 70 different people across the globe with thought. He was once also in contact with every sentinent being in the universe. Xavier is nowhere near his level.

And if Superman can resist MM...

Every sentient being on Earth.

Superman couldn't even resist a white martian's telepathy. If MM wanted to, he could make Superman his slave.

doctorstrongbad
I think the x-men can take out superman. Team work is a hard thing to beat. Are we going with the roster with Magneto on it? Then they will win for sure.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Nataku8188
If this team has wolverine, they win! -_-"

Depends on the roster.

roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing your joking-right......

kgkg
Originally posted by whirlysplat
roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing your joking-right......
No why would he be joking

wov can slice sups into million pieces.

And damn that nose you can't beat that

LMAO

Happy Dance laughing

mr.smiley
"In the elseworlds tale (red son), supes is shown to be faster than the speed of thought. He can travel close to the speed of light, so he could easily kill the x-men before they could even think to use their powers"

that's funny mr.inches but doesn't change the fact supes loses

snoopdogg
Superman can travel faster than the speed of light in open space. But I dont think he can take this team of X-men down at all. I dont know how Superman holds up to psionic attacks. That is the difference make in this fight. If he can get to charlie first then he can most likely win.

mr.smiley
In the wolverine book were it list stats ogun was given a seven.
In the index a seven is stated a "transending lightspeed.

K3VIL
There's someone that still believe Superman being able to catch a lightspeed moving guy?Have you ever heard of crap writing?

Fanboy
Superman ould win because MM openly admitted that he only lets telepaths control him only if he lets them.

Sentry
Here's my team against Superman

X-man Nate Grey
Emma Frost
Chamber
Rachel Summers(Sans Phoenix)
Magneto(Current)
Iceman(current)

Superman loses. 3 telepaths/telekinetics, one made of bio-kinetic energy, Magneto with nearly complete control over electromagnetic spectrum, remember what Triumph did to Supes? Iceman, nearly impossible to kill him.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Sentry
Here's my team against Superman

X-man Nate Grey
Emma Frost
Chamber
Rachel Summers(Sans Phoenix)
Magneto(Current)
Iceman(current)

Superman loses. 3 telepaths/telekinetics, one made of bio-kinetic energy, Magneto with nearly complete control over electromagnetic spectrum, remember what Triumph did to Supes? Iceman, nearly impossible to kill him.
Emma Frost's telepathy is pathetic.An anti-mutant citizen hitted her with a stone on the head, and she wasn't even able to contact Cyclops in the Xavier Institute or to hold the crowd of anti-mutant guys.She's going down, she can't even fly or blast Supes with force blasts of telekinesis.

Chamber is nothign Supes can't handle, he has take nukes, plasma is nothing.

Iceman is gonna experiecing the outerspace experience.

X-Man is gonna experiecing heat vision, which travel at NEAR LIGHTSPEED.

Magneto can be beaten with the Exile Hyperion tactic.Catching him and fly into space at near lightspeed will injure Maggy seriously, Supes will then finish him with heat vision.Obviously Supes will give him a taste of HV before taking him outta the planet.

Rachel Summers
The Fury throwed her from Westchester to Ireland, Supes will throw her to Mars.

ZephroCarnelian
K3VIL - I agree with everything you said.

Against THAT particular team, Supes is far too fast and far too strong.

He could kill them within a second or two.

But against the ENTIRE X-Men roster, I don't think Supes would be able to take ALL of the telepaths - especially if they're being protected by magnetic and tk fields as well.

We know that Supes can run at two thousand (2000) miles per second.

But is that enough to take out the main telepaths (Cable/X/Jean) before the other's can throw forcefields etc to protect them?

None of the X-Mens physical attacks will work against Supes - they'd have to defeat his mind...

Mainstream
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian

if cable would have been their they would have won.

FieryBalrog
depends on the X-team.

The following team would usually take him out:

Magneto or Joseph
Jean Grey (late 90's power levels)
Cable, with virus
Nate Grey
Rachel Grey
Iceman
Polaris
Storm

4 ultra powerful telepaths/telekinetics, 3 EM spectrum controllers

Although to be sure, this is probably one of the most powerful X-men teams imaginable.

Throw in someone like current Jean Grey or full potential Iceman and it would just be unfair.

Sentry
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian

But against the ENTIRE X-Men roster, I don't think Supes would be able to take ALL of the telepaths - especially if they're being protected by magnetic and tk fields as well.

We know that Supes can run at two thousand (2000) miles per second.

But is that enough to take out the main telepaths (Cable/X/Jean) before the other's can throw forcefields etc to protect them?

None of the X-Mens physical attacks will work against Supes - they'd have to defeat his mind...

He could, kill my team within a second or two, but he hardly ever does it. Chamber is not plasma, read X-men. reading Chamber is pure psionic energy, he uses psionic biokinesis. If Superman did do that blitz thing he could probably kill my team off pretty quickly. If my team had prep, they would take it. They would go into the fight with shields up, and ready for any type of physical assault. With their shields up, they mindrape him. The others will sit back and watch.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
depends on the X-team.

Magneto or Joseph
Cable, with virus
Nate Grey
Rachel Grey
Iceman
Polaris
Storm

Superman is good but I dont know if he can handle this team.

Sentry
depends on the X-team.

Magneto or Joseph
Cable, with virus
Nate Grey
Rachel Grey
Iceman
Polaris
Storm

Although to be sure, this is probably one of the most powerful X-men teams imaginable.

Throw in someone like current Jean Grey or full potential Iceman and it would just be unfair.

Good team. Yours has a better chance than mines.

K3VIL
depends on the X-team.

Magneto or Joseph
Cable, with virus
Nate Grey
Rachel Grey
Iceman
Polaris
Storm

Magneto or Joseph
The first has experience to do anything with his powers but he's not sufficiently strong, the second has the power but not the control.
Magneto can be speedblitzed from Nightcrawlers teleportation, superspeed of Supes magnitude can do the same.

Jean Grey in late 90' without Phoenix Force isn't still enough, Sentinels can kill her, Supes can do the same, plus his mind is not exactly the weakest of the planet, not even his will.

Cable with the virus wasn't that impressive, yes, a great hand to hand fighter, a good telekinetic, he held a building from collapsing with his powers, but come on, during the fight with those immortal aliens in Asia he was barely able to contain them, and forced to use his powers with risk for his life stopping to contain the virus for a while to K.O. them, and he was also aided from Jean Grey.

I've said before what will happen to Iceman

Polaris, but which?The one from X-Factor or the daughter of Magneto that built that huge statue in Genosha with few seconds?
Anyway, powerful or not, the reflexes sector is what rent her weak.
Ok, she blocked Quicksilver trying to speedblitz her on Genosha, but it's Quicksilver not Supes, also it was kinda stupid, how she blocked him.

Storm is a non factor.Lightnings, storms, snow, hurricanes, are practically nothing against a kryptonian.

ZephroCarnelian
You've got a good head on your shoulders K3VIL.

Storm is a non-factor.

The only real threats to Supes are the psychics - Cable, X and Jean.

Polaris and Magneto might stand a chance of hurting him with their powers, but even that's debatable.

But yeah, like Sentry said - if the X-Men went into battle with prep, with shields up and psychics at the ready, they've got a much better chance.

It would probably take Supes a good few seconds or so to break through any shields and during that time, a team of three or more powerful telepaths would be able to break down his mental barriers and reduce him to the mental age of a three year old.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by K3VIL
Magneto or Joseph
The first has experience to do anything with his powers but he's not sufficiently strong, the second has the power but not the control.
Magneto can be speedblitzed from Nightcrawlers teleportation, superspeed of Supes magnitude can do the same.

Jean Grey in late 90' without Phoenix Force isn't still enough, Sentinels can kill her, Supes can do the same, plus his mind is not exactly the weakest of the planet, not even his will.

Cable with the virus wasn't that impressive, yes, a great hand to hand fighter, a good telekinetic, he held a building from collapsing with his powers, but come on, during the fight with those immortal aliens in Asia he was barely able to contain them, and forced to use his powers with risk for his life stopping to contain the virus for a while to K.O. them, and he was also aided from Jean Grey.

I've said before what will happen to Iceman

Polaris, but which?The one from X-Factor or the daughter of Magneto that built that huge statue in Genosha with few seconds?
Anyway, powerful or not, the reflexes sector is what rent her weak.
Ok, she blocked Quicksilver trying to speedblitz her on Genosha, but it's Quicksilver not Supes, also it was kinda stupid, how she blocked him.

Storm is a non factor.Lightnings, storms, snow, hurricanes, are practically nothing against a kryptonian.

you forgot Nate and Rachel Happy Dance

also, Mags is just as powerful as Joseph, right now anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.