dr strange & loki v thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
let's say thanos has invaded asgard to capture the oversword of odin. thor is busy fighting some otherdimensional threat so loki enlists the aid of the good doctor. can uber powerful magics overcome cosmic might?

long pig
yup

leonheartmm
any damn day. thanos is outclassed by strange.

kgkg
NO.

Strange claimed that he can't take down Thanos , it is very clear

He even asked SS to keep a watch on Thanos , because he couldn't do shit.

Scoobless
Originally posted by kgkg
NO.

Strange claimed that he can't take down Thanos , it is very clear

He even asked SS to keep a watch on Thanos , because he couldn't do shit.

yup

leonidas
cool scans. where are they from? and don't forget scoobs, the good doc is not alone in this battle. loki is pretty damn formidable all by hisself!

Linkalicious
Loki and Strange are too "frail" to stand up to Thanos.

They need someone like Hulk or Silver Surfer or someone with a high amount of stamina/endurance in order to give Strange time to work any magic.

Loki and Strange would get cut down too quickly.

Xplosive
Thanos wins.

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
cool scans. where are they from? and don't forget scoobs, the good doc is not alone in this battle. loki is pretty damn formidable all by hisself!

they are from "The End" ...... on Thanos's ship just before he gets control of the HOTU

issue 4 of 6 i think

Beyonder
Originally posted by Scoobless
yup

Yup. And the funny thing is, Surfer has never had the power to dispatch Thanos. Strange might fare better; Surfer has a track record of getting owned by the Titan.

Hulk would get stomped. Loki can go intangible and Strange has auto shield and the Shield of Serpahim. Hulk punches; that's the stupidest thing you can do against Thanos. He owned Hulk and Thing before, Thing and Thor, Drax and Hulk, etc. Loki's also stalemated Surfer in a fight.

Thanos knocked Galactus right, Strange pulled that one too - didn't knock off the helmet but did knock Galactus down.

They won't win, but they've got a good chance as any of removing or containing him.

kgkg
Originally posted by Beyonder
Yup. And the funny thing is, Surfer has never had the power to dispatch Thanos. Strange might fare better; Surfer has a track record of getting owned by the Titan.
true but that shows SS > Strange

in strange's view shows how powerful SS really is.

Scoobless

i know.......... what was Strange thinking?

maybe it was more a case of:

"hey Surfy..... you are the only one who can stand a chance against Thanos"

but he's secretly thinking:

*you go get your a$$ handed to you and give me time to whip up a spell or something....p.s. i'll send flowers to your funeral*

Beyonder
true but that shows SS > Strange

in strange's view shows how powerful SS really is.

You mean in Starlin's view right? Surfer is powerful, but I wouldn't goes as far as saying Strange couldn't do what Surfer can. Atleast with Strange, he can open up portals, call for the Bands of Cyttorak, Shield of Seraphim to actually dispatch Thanos.

Surfer ain't hurting Thanos. Only way to beat him is battle field remove, and to do that you need to contain him. Surfer doesn't have that, Strange does.

I just don't think Surfer is matching Thanos in the least bit to "dispatch" him.

evil face

kgkg
i know.......... what was Strange thinking?

maybe it was more a case of:

"hey Surfy..... you are the only one who can stand a chance against Thanos"

but he's secretly thinking:

*you go get your a$$ handed to you and give me time to whip up a spell or something....p.s. i'll send flowers to your funeral*
lol

well the fact is Strange or SS whould get own.

but Strange sounded like SS could beat Surfer. lol

Mebee Surfer got a power boost? LMAO

Beyonder
lol

well the fact is Strange or SS whould get own.

but Strange sounded like SS could beat Surfer. lol

Mebee Surfer got a power boost? LMAO

Yeah power up, I mean how else would Surfer be able to beat up himself?

kgkg
i mean Thanos lol

Quick Freeze
doesnt mean surfer is anymore powerful than strange. just different

kgkg
well Stange said he is the only one that could handle thanos. LOL

must mean he is the best smile , but we know he can't do jack shit to Thanos

Beyonder
well Stange said he is the only one that could handle thanos. LOL

must mean he is the best smile , but we know he can't do jack shit to Thanos

It's sad for Surfer, I mean being told sh!ts like that. Strange is just setting Surfer up for another beat down.

If Surfer believes Strange, then Norrin is really gullible since Thor kicks his ass all the time and Thanos occasionally stomps Thor...and Thing...and Drax...and Surfer.

kgkg
It's sad for Surfer, I mean being told sh!ts like that. Strange is just setting Surfer up for another beat down.

If Surfer believes Strange, then Norrin is really gullible since Thor kicks his ass all the time and Thanos occasionally stomps Thor...and Thing...and Drax...and Surfer.
last time i check Thor was getting his ass kicked by SS

Beyonder
last time i check Thor was getting his ass kicked by SS

When the hell was this?

kgkg
Silver Surfer #4, Vol. 1 , am sure it happend few other times.

Surfer Surfer> BetaRay bill = Thor

SS also beated Champion who kicked Thor's ass.

Scoobless
Thor has beaten Thanos down 1 on 1 before..... it was a good fight..... Thor was pretty pissed off

kgkg

kgkg
scan 1

kgkg
scan 2

kgkg
pretty easy win for SS

leonidas
<<Thor has beaten Thanos down 1 on 1 before..... it was a good fight..... Thor was pretty pissed off>>

thor also handled surfer back in SS vol1 #?. loki was even secretly ADDING to SS power and thor was holding back. in that issue, SS admitted thor's hammer was more powerful than SS's power cosmic. and i agree - in the past, thor has given better showings v thanos than SS has. (though there was an issue of SS (vol4??) #59 where strange banished them both to some other realm and SS definitively beat thanos - but i think that was some sort of mind world, and not the real world).

i would be very curious to see how thanos would go about battling these 2. not sure if they could actually knock him out or kill them, but thanos would have a very difficult time doing likewise.

kgkg
<<Thor has beaten Thanos down 1 on 1 before..... it was a good fight..... Thor was pretty pissed off>>

thor also handled surfer back in SS vol1 #?. loki was even secretly ADDING to SS power and thor was holding back. in that issue, SS admitted thor's hammer was more powerful than SS's power cosmic. and i agree - in the past, thor has given better showings v thanos than SS has. (though there was an issue of SS (vol4??) #59 where strange banished them both to some other realm and SS definitively beat thanos - but i think that was some sort of mind world, and not the real world).

i would be very curious to see how thanos would go about battling these 2. not sure if they could actually knock him out or kill them, but thanos would have a very difficult time doing likewise.

lol SS also beated Champion , and you do remember what Champion did to Thor.

kgkg
and what issue did normal thor kicked SS ass? issue?

leonidas
HA! he would have kicked his ass in the issue you scanned! THAT is the issue i referred to earlier. thor was having his way with SS, then SS suddenly felt 'invincible'. that's because loki was ADDING to the SS power! it is also made clear a little later that thor was holding back because he knew the SS was not evil. on the next page, thor easily crushes the power cosmic sphere that keeps him from his hammer, and prompts SS to admit thor's hammer is much stronger than SS's power cosmic. just proves you can't believe everything you see. ss is cool, but don't dis the god of thunder. obviously maddened thor crushed ss (even BEFORE he had the gem) in the blood and thunder saga - but that is hardly fair. the story was poorly written and probably did ss an injustice.

nonetheless, i'd love to see how thanos handled loki and strange. not sure they could knock him out, but i'm not sure he could put them down either.

kgkg

Scoobless
Thor>Gladiator

kgkg
Thor>Gladiator
in which battle?

first battle

Thor was added by FF4(reed). Still Gladiator was holding his own. (100X lightspeed shit)

second battle

Masterson Thor got his ass raped by Gladiator(thor won because of trick).

But it was clear that Gladiator was messing thor up.

Speed and powerwise

so Gladiator > thor

Scoobless
Masterson beat Gladiator by using the Living Lightning...... if he was on earth or had the experience of the real Thor then he could have created his own lightning

the last time i saw them fight was during one of Thor's "lose the hammer for 60 seconds and you're nothing but a stinkin' human" phases.... which isn't regular Thor.... but as soon as he recovered his hammer he beat Gladiator unconscious

so Thor > Gladiator

stick out tongue

kgkg
Like i said

-Gladiator battle thor at 100X light speed.
-Kicked masterson's ass.(lightning , because Gladiator acted like a fool , he would never get hit like that , he moves faster than light)

100X times faster than light infact.

LMAO of that sounds corny.

Now you show me where thor has beated Gladiator in a fare fight.

Won by his power not luck, or help

Scoobless
when he got his hammer back in the last one it was at that point a fair fight...... actually it wasn't as Gladiator had the starting advantage of driving them both into the ground when Thor was mid-change..... Thor blasted him with the hammer then proceeded to pummel him

plus the whole thing started with Gladiator sucker punching Thor's human alter ego (Jake) with his heat vision

kgkg
when he got his hammer back in the last one it was at that point a fair fight...... actually it wasn't as Gladiator had the starting advantage of driving them both into the ground when Thor was mid-change..... Thor blasted him with the hammer then proceeded to pummel him

plus the whole thing started with Gladiator sucker punching Thor's human alter ego (Jake) with his heat vision
what????????

can you say that again

Scoobless
i could ...... but then it would feature in three posts in a row.... that may be excessive

big grin

it happened in a Thor comic just after the Designate decided to call herself "Thor Girl"

kgkg
issue number and name

am sure i must have it.

Scoobless
what????????

can you say that again

i suppose i did sort of tell it from half way through then jumped back to the start........ lol

ok

Jake (Thor) was minding his own business
Glad (in holographic disguise) jumped out, threatened him, then hit him with heat vision
Jake trandsformed into Thor
*fight fight fight*
Glad kicks Thors hammer away..... it doesn't return (due to recent developements about him having a human host or some BS)
Glad punches Thor into air, he lands in ambulance having transformed again and on fire (from earlier heat vision)
Glad moves to kill Jake (cheating c**t) ... throws him
"Thor Girl" distracts Glad while Jake moves to get hammer back
Jake gets hammer, begins to transform, Glad slams him into ground.... to late
Thor appears again and blasts Glad with hammer
Thor is majorly pissed off that Glad tried to kill him in human form
Thor beats the living sh!t out of Glad

the end

leonidas
<<lol added power? Loki seemed to be controlling SS not adding to his power.
It never says he was adding power to surfer.
Read it again.>>

kgkg, kgkg, kgkg . . . i may be new 'round here, but i always try to base my arguments on facts i have seen and READ. you're reading that issue right now you say? and you are laughing at ME?? (sigh . . .) if it is indeed true that you are reading that pretty pricey book, turn to the page where the surfer's bolt is easily absorbed by thor's hammer, somewhere in the middle. (i am looking at a reprint of the issue - REALLY - right now). now, on the page directly beside that page, at the bottom, loki is talking to one of his flunkies, and the flunky says,

"tell me master, how can yon stranger o'er come thor when e'en thou hast ever failed?"

to which loki responds:

"fool! hast thou so soon forgot? loki's power hath been merged with his!"

who has to read the issue again?

and why did loki add to SS's power? because LOKI knew that if HE could stalemate the surfer, (which he did at the start) SS would not be powerful enough on his own to beat thor. and he wasn't. even with loki's power all he did was knock him down, and thor was holding back! if you really have the issue, read more than the fight scenes. it helps round out the story.

Scoobless
issue number and name

am sure i must have it.

can't remember number off hand

hold on.......this one
http://www.comune.modena.it/glamazonia/comicsengine/comics_html/marvel/mitico_thor/cover/33.jpg

couldn't find the one in English......... lollo.... (as the Italians might say)

kgkg
<<lol added power? Loki seemed to be controlling SS not adding to his power.
It never says he was adding power to surfer.
Read it again.>>

kgkg, kgkg, kgkg . . . i may be new 'round here, but i always try to base my arguments on facts i have seen and READ. you're reading that issue right now you say? and you are laughing at ME?? (sigh . . .) if it is indeed true that you are reading that pretty pricey book, turn to the page where the surfer's bolt is easily absorbed by thor's hammer, somewhere in the middle. (i am looking at a reprint of the issue - REALLY - right now). now, on the page directly beside that page, at the bottom, loki is talking to one of his flunkies, and the flunky says,

"tell me master, how can yon stranger o'er come thor when e'en thou hast ever failed?"

to which loki responds:

"fool! hast thou so soon forgot? loki's power hath been merged with his!"

who has to read the issue again?

and why did loki add to SS's power? because LOKI knew that if HE could stalemate the surfer, (which he did at the start) SS would not be powerful enough on his own to beat thor. and he wasn't. even with loki's power all he did was knock him down, and thor was holding back! if you really have the issue, read more than the fight scenes. it helps round out the story.

my bad i didn't read the whole comic.

but

you do remember what champion did to THor?

Surfer beated Champion and Champion beat thor

kgkg
can't remember number off hand

hold on.......this one
http://www.comune.modena.it/glamazonia/comicsengine/comics_html/marvel/mitico_thor/cover/33.jpg

couldn't find the one in English......... lollo.... (as the Italians might say)
thx i will read it am sure i have it somewhere

Beyonder

Jake (Thor) was minding his own business
Glad (in holographic disguise) jumped out, threatened him, then hit him with heat vision
Jake trandsformed into Thor
*fight fight fight*

Which nulls the whole fire deal.

You missed the part they slugged it out a bit. Gladiator then uses his super breath but is countered by Mjlornir diverting the wind away.

Then Gladiator chucks part of a building at Thor, who counters that as well. Gladiator rushed him and kicked his hammer out of his hand.

And Thor has aways had a human host, Odin turned him into Jake to teach humility to his son. That's not new. As for Mjlnornir, that was a Class 100 kicking at lightspeed. Mjlnornir doesn't instantly fly back to Thor, especially after a kick that sent it flying into the docks.

Nope. That fire was because he hit smacked through the ambulance. The earlier heat vision was gone when Jake turned into Thor.

How's that cheating? His mission was to kill Thor. He kicked Thor's butt.

Tarene grabbed Glad's cap and yanked it. Gladiator turned around and gave her some heatvision. They fight and Gladiator dropped a water tower on her, then hit her with ice breathe right away.

Jake doesn't move anything. Enchantress in disguise drove him away.

Enchantress located the Mjlnornir. How? Well obviously magic otherwise how would she know where it is? She helped him grab hold of his hammer.

Jake turns into Thor and blast Gladiator out the water.

You forgot the part where they both stopped fighting and saved a jumbo jet heading their way. After that, they fought and Thor won, with Tarene finishing Gladiator off.

Odin later shows up moments later. Gladiator is on his feat asking Odin to kill Thor. Odin acknowledges the horrorible future his son might cause, but still sends Gladiator back to the future.

Thor won already. Well, Thor + Tarene & Enchantress

Scoobless
You missed the part.......

i was abbreviating........ couldn't be bothered typing out every single punch/blow/kick/strike etc etc

That fire was because he hit smacked through the ambulance. The earlier heat vision was gone when Jake turned into Thor.

abrev.... fire is fire..... it wasn't terribly relevant for the point

How's that cheating? His mission was to kill Thor. He kicked Thor's butt.

it just is......... stick out tongue

Jake doesn't move anything. Enchantress in disguise drove him away.

abbr....

Jake turns into Thor and blast Gladiator out the water.

the point i was abbreviating to get to..... once Thor gets back to full power he drops Gladiator like a sack of tatties

You forgot the part where they both stopped fighting and saved a jumbo jet heading their way

didn't forget..... was only interested in what happens when Thor (at regular strength) fights Gladiator

And Thor has aways had a human host, Odin turned him into Jake to teach humility to his son.

untrue.... Thor was bonded to jake as part of a deal to get his life back from Hela

he isn't always bonded to someone.... it's happened a few times, but for the majority of his existence it's just been him

As for Mjlnornir, that was a Class 100 kicking at lightspeed. Mjlnornir doesn't instantly fly back to Thor, especially after a kick that sent it flying into the docks.

but it didn't return AT ALL if it was just a time limit thing then it would have made some progress to get back

this is how long my posts get when i'm not just abbreviating......... you see why i did it

lol

big grin

K Von Doom
Loki can go intangible

When has this happened? smile

leonidas
HA! in any event, regardless of that particular fight, (which was detailed so remarkably in the above!) i have to believe if masterson beat glads (yes he used the living lightning, but, as has been said, the real thor would have used his OWN lightning which would probably have been stronger) then the REAL thor could do likewise. we've also seen what the hulk did to glads - radiation weakness or not. in both cases i mentioned, glads was left laying. he has never - to the best of my knowledge - taken out the hulk, nor do i believe he has won a decisive ko against thor. i may be wrong on those regards, but i've never seen or read a case of either happening. regardless, in the thor v glads thread i'm sure i hundred people would disagree with me about thor being ultimately more powerful than glads. glads is one of those heroes who gets a lot of luv round these parts. and he IS tough.

be that as it may, it would be really cool to try and weasle this thread back to the topic. not sure how it got so derailed to begin with . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.