Quasar vs Genis-Vell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Quasar

VS

Genis-Vell

Its the Quantum Bands vs the Nega Bands, who wins?

Sentry
It's a close one could go either way, but I'm leaning towards Genis.

Khellendros
Aren't the Nega-bands just basically rip-offs of the Quantum Bands?

Scoobless
lol......... GO QUASAR!!

(i am in no way biassed by the amalgam tourny...lol)

ScarletSpider
The Quantum Bands seem more a rip off of Green Lantern, with a few differences. The Nega Bands allow Genis to manipulate all kinds of energy, largely photons--light energy, but as that ties into heat, light and more, he's got almost unlimited potential.

Draco69
The GL ring can do the same thing.

ScarletSpider
The GL ring projects and manipulates energy from the ring. Genis absorbs energy from outside sources, can redirect it, and manipulate energy already in the environment without absorbing it, such as electrical brain synapses, moving all the heat and light energy from one location to another, etc.

Draco69
Exactly. The ring does the same thing. How else can GL create a flame-breathing dragon or electromagnetic pulse with it?

Khellendros
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
The Quantum Bands seem more a rip off of Green Lantern, with a few differences. The Nega Bands allow Genis to manipulate all kinds of energy, largely photons--light energy, but as that ties into heat, light and more, he's got almost unlimited potential.
And the Quantum Bands can manipulate the entire electro-magnetic spectrum AND create quantum enenrgy constructs. Quantum Bands win.

Sentry
BIG DIFFERENCE between the rings and nega/quantum bands, they don't need to be recharged by that battery thing. Quasar's got a universe of limitless energy, and Genis can suck the energy out of anything around him, suns, power cosmic, etc... They both grant their bearers super strength, something GL rings can't do. big grin

Draco69
The rings do need to be recharged. But they can grant super-strength to their bearers if they so wish. It ain't that implausible.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sentry
Genis can suck the energy out of anything around him, suns, power cosmic, etc...

Quasar can also do this............ i wonder who would be in control if they both tried to suck out the others power?

leonheartmm
id go for marvel

K Von Doom
Well... if the Q-bands and Nega bands cancel each other out - Quasar has more experience and has a fraction of the Starbrand. Although, personally, I would put the Q-bands on top of the Nega bands, seeing as the Q-bands are is an actual cosmic weapon given to each protector by Eon, whereas the Nega bands were just created by the Kree, from what I know.

leonheartmm
yea but then again, cosmic cubes were also created by the kree.

ScarletSpider
I'd go for Genis, his powers seem a bit more ultramundane. While creating any construct you want, out of any type of energy or substance is cool, Genis controls all energy, everywhere. He can create a pocket of absolute zero by sucking up all the ambient energy in a given area, he's manipulated bio-electric synapses, absorbed mystical energies, etc.

Sentry
Here's a more detailed list of Genis Vell's powers:

K Von Doom
Is that Genis or his dad? I'm definite that the original Captain Mar Vell had Cosmic Awareness "physical ability" because he was a Protector of the Universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.