Nate Grey Vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maestro
Can nate beat surfer, or is it gonna be god like cable vs surfer all over again?

DarkCrawler
Silver Surfer wins.

Maestro
To be honest I think shaman nate or full potential nate could beat surfer.

Xplosive
Nate Grey wins

Maestro
no one wants to argue for surfer?

kgkg
Silver Surfer Wins.

SS >> God-like Bale =< Nate

SS can go at light speed boom end of story.

Nataku8188
Did you not see what happened to Cable when he tried to put down with Surfer?

Maestro
Yea but Nate Grey in my opinion would of been more powerful than cable if he got to his potential, but that can also be argued as well.

Xplosive
In my opinion God like Cable has greater power than SS. He lost, beacsue he had to lost, he had to be stopped, but if it would be fight only to see who is more powerful, in neutral place, God-like Cable would put SS down.

Maestro
Yea tru, he was rebuilding stuff while they were fighting, so he wasn't really with the fight the whole time.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by kgkg

SS >> God-like Bale =< Nate

Woah, when has Christian Bale become God-like? stick out tongue

kgkg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Woah, when has Christian Bale become God-like? stick out tongue

bale holy shit what am i smoking

cable

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Xplosive
In my opinion God like Cable has greater power than SS. He lost, beacsue he had to lost, he had to be stopped, but if it would be fight only to see who is more powerful, in neutral place, God-like Cable would put SS down.

You have no idea how strong SS is then man. I'm just like... awed by what you said. Woah.

kgkg

Xplosive
Originally posted by Nataku8188
You have no idea how strong SS is then man. I'm just like... awed by what you said. Woah.

No, Cable tore his board with ease. If them both would unleash their full power, it would be SS the one who would die.

Nataku8188
No, Cable tore his board with ease. If them both would unleash their full power, it would be SS the one who would die.

With ease? What are you, drunk?

Cable goes, "MMMNFFF!" Then destroys the board and blasts SS around twice. SS gets back up, unscathed, and blastshim with his eyes. He didn't even have to use a large amount of his power, he just eye blasted him. Cable lose his entire left arm from the blast, and could've lost much more if SS went all out.

Xplosive
With ease? What are you, drunk?

Cable goes, "MMMNFFF!" Then destroys the board and blasts SS around twice. SS gets back up, unscathed, and blastshim with his eyes. He didn't even have to use a large amount of his power, he just eye blasted him. Cable lose his entire left arm from the blast, and could've lost much more if SS went all out.

The problem was Cable wanted to reason with him first, SS didn't and only attacked him, doing already big damage, Cable should fight from begging with all. He pretty much destroyed board with ease, he didn't even want to fight, his first move was when he destroyed board, and he did it easily.

Nataku8188
The problem was Cable wanted to reason with him first, SS didn't and only attacked him, doing already big damage, Cable should fight from begging with all. He pretty much destroyed board with ease, he didn't even want to fight, his first move was when he destroyed board, and he did it easily.

What are you talking about. He was trying to talk to SS then he exerted himself to destroy the board. Then whacked SS twice, and SS wasn't even fazed. He just looked at him and blew away his arm.

kgkg
Cable's attack had no effect on the SS.

His Surfboard has been broken before he can repair it with ease.

SS went flying down with a hit from Cable and got up like it was nothing.

Maestro
bump

Xplosive
Cable's attack had no effect on the SS.

His Surfboard has been broken before he can repair it with ease.

SS went flying down with a hit from Cable and got up like it was nothing.

Do you really think that Cable can't hurt SS, yeah right. This was fight where Cable had to lose, it was just that, it had to be such writing. The fight wasn't convincing to me and it didn't tell me SS has greater power.

kgkg
Do you really think that Cable can't hurt SS, yeah right. This was fight where Cable had to lose, it was just that, it had to be such writing. The fight wasn't convincing to me and it didn't tell me SS has greater power.
yes because SS was send packing so hard , then got up like it was notting.

He had to loose? of course because he can't beat the Surfer.

And Surfer riped his arm with a simple cosmic Blast if he went all out Cable whould be dust by now.

GalacticStorm
gotta agree SS is a cosmic being Nate and Cable are very powerful by earth standards but SS is something else. Anytging they could do thru TK SS could do a lot better. Hes just too much for either of them especially if goin all out. SS has taken out armadas b4 Nate or cable dont hav the power to do so.

DigiMark007
I always thought of Nate as being higher, but there's more than a few compelling arguments for Surfer on this thread. Nate, at full power, is stronger than Cable, so it would be a better fight than some people might think. But I'll give it to SS too.

-DM

leonheartmm
nate grey, he is more powerful than surfer or cable, cable only lost to surfer cause it was part of the plotline, cable also destroyed the surfer's board without much effort and if any1 reads surfer's bio, it is stated in it that "nothing less than the incalculable cosmic power of galactus himself can affest it at all" it doesnt matter if surfer can repair it, the very fact that cable broke his board sends a real good message out to any1 who thinks that the surfer is on a whole different level of power, cable was not goin full out on the surfer and he had to keep building the places around where they fought, surfer won because of expirience, because of the fact that cable is not yet at full potential and because cable did not want to fight him in the first place. silver surfer goes down against nate grey{this is after all, the man that could accidently destroy an entire planet at the early stages of his power, who could make a suit of psionic armour which was stronger than holocast who had no upper strength level, could stop time, could amaze even cable, could destroy an entire state with just one psionic blast, could easily kill a full powered apocalypse and could destroy the hatrvesters and use his power to give life back to the entire earth}

Xplosive
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
gotta agree SS is a cosmic being Nate and Cable are very powerful by earth standards but SS is something else. Anytging they could do thru TK SS could do a lot better. Hes just too much for either of them especially if goin all out. SS has taken out armadas b4 Nate or cable dont hav the power to do so.

Franklin Richards is also earth being. I think Nate has greater power, that is it, you can't prove me opposite. Cable lost beacuse of plotline, I think the outcome would be different, if it would be only a battle to see who will win, no hesitation. I don't think Nate could destroy full powered Apocalypse easily, no it wouldn't be easily.

Mainstream
Apocalypse draws energy from a hidden power source making his power immesurable....Nate Grey...or test tube bay bastard cable would not beat Surfer..now if he and God like Cable team up......that would be a different story.

kgkg

GalacticStorm
i agree. Theyre powerful but not on SS's level

Mainstream
Cable: you want Silver Surfer taken out..leave it to us xmancable

Xplosive
No, you are speking like Cable doens't even have the pwoer to hurt SS, he attacked SS, but proabably far from his true attack, Cable has easily pwoer to hurt SS.

Mainstream
"when cable is with you..no man can be against you" cable

kgkg
No, you are speking like Cable doens't even have the pwoer to hurt SS, he attacked SS, but proabably far from his true attack, Cable has easily pwoer to hurt SS.
He might be able to hurt SS with everything his got.

But if SS goes all out also (you think in that battle he was going all out?)

Cable would be dust.

SS is beyond Cable it's not hard to understand.

-Faster(beyond light speed), Stronger (blew up planets/asteroids), Durable (Goes through the sun, Nukes etc.

Mainstream
when cable is with you..no man can be against you"

DarkCrawler
Im gonna post the battle scans here.

Silver Surfer and Cable fight.

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/9456/cabledeadpool102005streetsamur.th.jpg

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/5922/cabledeadpool102005streetsamur1.th.jpg

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/7176/cabledeadpool102005streetsamur2.th.jpg

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/5290/cabledeadpool102005streetsamur3.th.jpg

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/876/cabledeadpool102005streetsamur4.th.jpg

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/1575/cabledeadpool102005streetsamur5.th.jpg

DarkCrawler
More:

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/8545/cabledeadpool102005streetsamur6.th.jpg

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/6412/cabledeadpool102005streetsamur7.th.jpg

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/4267/cabledeadpool102005streetsamur8.th.jpg

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/7640/cabledeadpool102005streetsamur9.th.jpg

Oh, yeah, did you notice how SS fixed his board with wave of hand?

Sorry, Cable fans, he was owned.

Mainstream
Cable get up...get up ya bum! eye of the tiger nathan...Eye of the f**king Tiger man!

Xplosive
He might be able to hurt SS with everything his got.

But if SS goes all out also (you think in that battle he was going all out?)

Cable would be dust.

SS is beyond Cable it's not hard to understand.

-Faster(beyond light speed), Stronger (blew up planets/asteroids), Durable (Goes through the sun, Nukes etc.

If Cable would go out with everything he got, he might be able to kill him.
SS is faster, stronge, more durable, but I just see Cable has greater power, greater energy.

Xplosive
And one thing, I am not Cable fan at all, I just want to see Cable being killed by Apocalypse, and like I know Cable will become his horseman.

Mainstream
Apocalypse: now Nathan the time has come for you to become a houseman.

Cable: go f**king eat a stone!

Apocalypse: you dare...speak this way to me?

Cable: I'll destroy you Apocalypse!

Apocalyspe: If I got a dollar for everytime I've heard someone say that...

Maestro
Didn't Shaman Nate before he died, equal skyfather level?, and this wasn't even at his full potential.

Mainstream
I hate Test Tube baby Cable.

leonheartmm
yea but no1 can deny his power, he did not want to go all out on the surfer, n didnt wanna fight surfer, he was also tryin to not use his psionic power at all, just as always n he tried to reason with the surfer, not because he was afraid but because he didnt want to fight surfer.

Nataku8188
You guys don't know jack about anything. Period.

Cable obviously used effort to destroy the board, otherwise he wouldn't have grunted when he did it. He also wouldn't have gloated that he did it, he wouldve said it was nothing.

When he realized he couldn't reason, he gave it his best at SS, and SS just got back up and blasted him away. I've read enough SS comics to know that SS wasn't even fighting. You know he's fighting hard when he starts getting angry and causing very large explosions. The guy has the power to destroy an entire state.... sheesh.

manjaro
dont get me wrong im not about to jump on the "oh its bad wrting bandwagon" but during the fight with SS and cable, cable was mutitasking the whole time.

-keeping the island afloat
-pentrating SS mind,
-contributing his powers to fix all the stuff they had broken

if he didnt have all those distractions he would have put up a better fight....but he would still get his ass beat in the end tho. Nate is marginally more powerful than the god-like Cable, but the Surfer has the power cosmic on his side he'll whoop everyones ass and then some

Maestro
so a Full potential nate would lose to surfer in your opinion?

Xplosive
Originally posted by Maestro
so a Full potential nate would lose to surfer in your opinion?

Maybe him, I think Nate would ultimately take SS down badly.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by manjaro
dont get me wrong im not about to jump on the "oh its bad wrting bandwagon" but during the fight with SS and cable, cable was mutitasking the whole time.

-keeping the island afloat
-pentrating SS mind,
-contributing his powers to fix all the stuff they had broken

if he didnt have all those distractions he would have put up a better fight....but he would still get his ass beat in the end tho. Nate is marginally more powerful than the god-like Cable, but the Surfer has the power cosmic on his side he'll whoop everyones ass and then some

If you read the comic, he stopped holding up the island in the middle of the fight, rachel was doing it for him.

But yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it.

Xplosive
Doesn't Strye=God-like Cable, I mean he is the same to Cable, but with not virus, so he had the power Cable supposed to have without virus or the power Cable achieved now in Cable/Deadpool, becoming God-like Cable, Stryfe already had that) , so Stryfe was laready pwoerful as Goo-like Cable.

whirlysplat
You guys don't know jack about anything. Period.

Cable obviously used effort to destroy the board, otherwise he wouldn't have grunted when he did it. He also wouldn't have gloated that he did it, he wouldve said it was nothing.

When he realized he couldn't reason, he gave it his best at SS, and SS just got back up and blasted him away. I've read enough SS comics to know that SS wasn't even fighting. You know he's fighting hard when he starts getting angry and causing very large explosions. The guy has the power to destroy an entire state.... sheesh.

Another example of Nataku8188 knows best and anyone who disagrees with him knows jack roll eyes (sarcastic) how enlightened.

Sometimes you back up your arguments quite well but this is lost with he delivery.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Another example of Nataku8188 knows best and anyone who disagrees with him knows jack roll eyes (sarcastic) how enlightened.

Stop trolling.

They refuse to see the facts, period.

Btw, stryfe is pretty much god like cable, cept he has different training and experience.

Xplosive
So Stryfe equals God-like Cable, and Stryfe beat weakend Apocalypse, but it's well know that if Apocalypse wasn't weakend, the outcome between Apocalypse and Stryfe would be different, so that means Apocalypse would crush God-like Cable, whay not, since Cable will become Apocalypse horseman.

Nataku8188
So Stryfe equals God-like Cable, and Stryfe beat weakend Apocalypse, but it's well know that if Apocalypse wasn't weakend, the outcome between Apocalypse and Stryfe would be different, so that means Apocalypse would crush God-like Cable, whay not, since Cable will become Apocalypse horseman.

Your perception is a wee bit off...

armandovalles
Nate is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, but SS is on a whole nother level. Nate is more on the same level as one of Galactus' weaker heralds like Nova or Red Shift.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by armandovalles
Nate is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, but SS is on a whole nother level. Nate is more on the same level as one of Galactus' weaker heralds like Nova or Red Shift.

Wow, you said something that made some sense. Good job.

armandovalles
dude, ive forgiven u for last time, please dont be mean again.

kgkg
Red shift one of the weakest?

He might be one of the strongest.

Nataku8188
dude, ive forgiven u for last time, please dont be mean again.

... I was complimenting you.

Banner
Speed, Strength, Durability. They all mean squat when you're facing a(n) omega level telepath. One thought is all it should take to fight your adversary regardless. As powerful as Radd is...I've rarely seen him display levels of telepathy that stretch over a planet. Cable was written to lose...and did so badly. This should've been at least a 2 issue battle or even three. Mind you, Cable was no light weight telepath during this fight. He was on par with the likes of X-Man and Dark Phoenix. I don't think Nate Grey would stand a CHANCE. If Cable couldn't do it with all of his military training and skill...Nate would go down.

GalacticStorm
"He was on par with the likes of X-Man and Dark Phoenix"

Major exaggeration cable never has and never will be on par with dark phoenix. Dark phoenix was retconned back in 86 to just be a weak manifestation of the phoenix force who was power hungry. That wasnt how she was originally written and thankfully now after GrantM's run the idea that the being who saved the multiverse from the M'kraan and the being that destroyed d'bari are one has been reverted back to which makes more sense. Jean always is phoenix and she would murder cable.

leonheartmm

nataku it looks like u missed more than a few xman comics, cause otherwise ud know that even when nate was not powerful enough to control his powers at ALL, he still destroyed a whole state with a SINGLE PSIONIC BLAST, plus he had easily enough energy to wipe out earth's entire population if he lost control, he is much more powerful than cable, he defeated the harvesters single handedly and when he sacrificed himself, he had enough energy to completely rejuvinate the depleted life force of the entire planet and its occupants, he could stop time itself,

Banner
"He was on par with the likes of X-Man and Dark Phoenix"

Major exaggeration cable never has and never will be on par with dark phoenix. Dark phoenix was retconned back in 86 to just be a weak manifestation of the phoenix force who was power hungry. That wasnt how she was originally written and thankfully now after GrantM's run the idea that the being who saved the multiverse from the M'kraan and the being that destroyed d'bari are one has been reverted back to which makes more sense. Jean always is phoenix and she would murder cable.

Not entirely. Read ( Cable vol #1. Issue #29. ) It states that both X-Man and Cable have powers that are on par with Dark Phoenix. That's where I read it and since then it was never retconned in the CABLE comics.

Xplosive
Originally posted by leonheartmm

nataku it looks like u missed more than a few xman comics, cause otherwise ud know that even when nate was not powerful enough to control his powers at ALL, he still destroyed a whole state with a SINGLE PSIONIC BLAST, plus he had easily enough energy to wipe out earth's entire population if he lost control, he is much more powerful than cable, he defeated the harvesters single handedly and when he sacrificed himself, he had enough energy to completely rejuvinate the depleted life force of the entire planet and its occupants, he could stop time itself,

Nate would take down SS badly.

kgkg
Nate would take down SS badly.
Nate whould die.

Xplosive
Silver Surfer would die.

Nataku8188

Dude... Silver surfer has the power to destroy entire planets. He went up against Mephisto, in the netherworld, and still beat his ass.

Telepathy don't work too good when you get hit at the speed of light. Nevermind the fact that if SS was really trying to beat Nate and not get him to stop, he wouldn't have done what he did. Notice SS let Cable explain himself, he didn't actually do anything but fly with him until Cable attacked him. Cable grunted as he destroyed his board, a sign of exertion, he blast SS with two psi blasts, yet SS got back up like it was nothing. SS made ONE attack and put cable out of the fight.

Silver surfer enchanted Shalla Bal's soul so that it caused plantlife to grow wherever she walked on his homeworld that Galactus had sucked dry. Silver surfer has traveled through time by moving fast enough.

Look dude, Nate Grey and Cable are nice and tough, but you're talking about a cosmic being. Someone who moves at 99% the speed of light, who can manipulate matter, Silver Surfer has more power than you seem to comprehend.

Wynndar
Surfer can fly at 100x the speed of light

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Wynndar
Surfer can fly at 100x the speed of light

How about ... no. He can travel at 99% the speed of light.

Xplosive
Silver Surfer doens't have pwoer as you imagine, you are really overrating him.

kgkg
faster than light

Nataku8188
Silver Surfer doens't have pwoer as you imagine, you are really overrating him.

Everything we've said he can do, he has done.

HarmoNiC FLo
Nate grey would slow SS down and be able to flee. SS is indestructable so....

Nataku8188
Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
Nate grey would slow SS down and be able to flee. SS is indestructable so....

He won't see him coming. Surfer can move at least the speed of light, and can accelerate to top speed almost instantly. He'll remove Nate's head before the fight even gets going.

hoorayforpeepee
**** the speed blitz theory. speed blitzing is stupid, there's a reason why nobody does it.

Draco69
Which is?

leonheartmm
just because hes fast doesnt make him invincible, if you look at the amount of POWER they both have then nate grey has definately more than the surfer, he can STOP TIME in given zones remember, i can just as easily put up the argument that nate will just slow or stop time for the surfer so the surfer cant move at or beyond lightspeeds, lightspeed in itself does not winn you a battle.

Nataku8188
just because hes fast doesnt make him invincible, if you look at the amount of POWER they both have then nate grey has definately more than the surfer, he can STOP TIME in given zones remember, i can just as easily put up the argument that nate will just slow or stop time for the surfer so the surfer cant move at or beyond lightspeeds, lightspeed in itself does not winn you a battle.

Nate grey can't do that in under a hundreth of a second. That's how fast Surfer will cover 10 miles.

You simply say Speedblitzing is stupid because the fighter you back can't do it. Simply put, speedblitzing isn't used because then comics would be boring and wouldn't sell for shit.

whirlysplat
faster than light

Only in warp. C+ velocities do not exist in normal space time. Natuka is right in Warp his is faster than light in normal space he is at 99% , although how he does this without his mass being infinite, ergo needing an infinite amount of power to move it is beyond me.

Linkalicious

How about...NO.

Silver Surfer travels many many times the speed of light.

The closest galaxy to the Milky Way is several light years away and Silver Surfer travels that distance in minutes....not years.

GalacticStorm
"Not entirely. Read ( Cable vol #1. Issue #29. ) It states that both X-Man and Cable have powers that are on par with Dark Phoenix. That's where I read it and since then it was never retconned in the CABLE comics."

It didnt need to be retconned in the cable comics what r u talking about? My point was that dark phoenix was retconned into being just a weak manifestation of the phoenix back in 86. That stood till the recent GM run on new xmen which reverted dark phoenix to being jean as it was originally intended therefore binning that idea of dark phoenix being a power hungry comparatively weak manifestation of the phoenix force. The issue where cable and xman were said to potentially be on par with the dark phoenix happened before she was retconned back into her original state. Do u get what i was saying now?

Nataku8188
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Only in warp. C+ velocities do not exist in normal space time. Natuka is right in Warp his is faster than light in normal space he is at 99% , although how he does this without his mass being infinite, ergo needing an infinite amount of power to move it is beyond me.

I win new game.

Mider
Man what is it with the fan boys in this place and i thought LT had to may fanboys SS has only a little bit of cosmic power He cant just snap his fingers and do anything Why didnt He when he was on earth cure all the major illneses like Cable did or anything like that? I mean the level of fanboyism for SS is just insane they even go as far as to make Him Galactus jailer for your people's info X-man did fight Galactus but would have lost but not for years upon years of fighting and X-man has fought the hulk the battle was so big it broke down dimensional walls SS also said He couldnt be harmed yet He could not servive the brute force of Thanos who actually beat Him to death He cant get up from a blast from Dr Dooms gauntlets the world invunrable gets through around way to easily around here if everyone who said they were invunrable truly were invunrable then no one would die in all of comics SS cant just beat everyone get over it and i dought He can beat X-man who's mental powers rivel the Pheonix.

Wynndar
Nate Grey is kinda a hype character...so was god-like cable...thats why SS beat him with one blast, to put him in his place. Nate is a kid, Surfer would find a way to take him down, and do it without hurting him. Now if we r talking about a pissed off Surfer, thats another story, and NG would get roasted IMO.

GalacticStorm
"He can beat X-man who's mental powers rivel the Pheonix."

Jean grey when donning that name and not actually manifesting the phoenix yeah? If thats the case then yeah they surpass hers in terms of power. But otherwise incorrect

armandovalles
Nate Grey is extremely powerful but SS is out of his league.

GalacticStorm
Yeah gotta go for SS on this one.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Mider
Man what is it with the fan boys in this place and i thought LT had to may fanboys SS has only a little bit of cosmic power He cant just snap his fingers and do anything Why didnt He when he was on earth cure all the major illneses like Cable did or anything like that? I mean the level of fanboyism for SS is just insane they even go as far as to make Him Galactus jailer for your people's info X-man did fight Galactus but would have lost but not for years upon years of fighting and X-man has fought the hulk the battle was so big it broke down dimensional walls SS also said He couldnt be harmed yet He could not servive the brute force of Thanos who actually beat Him to death He cant get up from a blast from Dr Dooms gauntlets the world invunrable gets through around way to easily around here if everyone who said they were invunrable truly were invunrable then no one would die in all of comics SS cant just beat everyone get over it and i dought He can beat X-man who's mental powers rivel the Pheonix.

If you read SS comics you'd understand why he didn't. It's the exact same reason why he put cable out of his misery.

SS bitchslaps hulk like it ain't no thing, whereas X-man has a fight that breaks down dimensional walls. Congratulations, you just made Surfer look a lot stronger.

You don't know jack about the Surfer, and you don't know jack about Nate grey.

leonheartmm
nataku do u realize that you just made surfer look more powerful than hulk, xmen, cable, and thor.

Nataku8188
nataku do u realize that you just made surfer look more powerful than hulk, xmen, cable, and thor.

I sure did... didn't I ?

Dizzle
He is though... He beats up on Hulk like its nothing. And SS is above Thor as well, Thor's reaction time isn't anything like Surfer's, and teleportation takes a second. Surfer already beat Cable, and btw both of them were fixing buildings, not just Cable. Nate's durability isn't godlike or anything, Surfer wouldn't need to hit him with a whole lot to kill him. Though he himself can take planet destroying blasts. And Surfer has an extremely resistant mind to telepathy, as he is a semi-adept telepath himself, plus an alien mind. Taking him out through his brain would take Nate at least a few seconds, which he definitely doesn't have.

leonheartmm
did u also realize that ur a surfer fanboy and an ediot?

Nataku8188
did u also realize that ur a surfer fanboy and an ediot?

Ouch, from the man who can't spell or come up with any logical explanation for his ideas.

hoorayforpeepee
i'm not even backing nate grey, i think surfer would win against the power nate has demonstrated.

i just hate speedblitzing because anyone with superspeed wins any battle against someone without super speed.

leonheartmm
uhm do i really have to explain ALL THOSE DAMN "LOGICAL" POINTS ABOUT NATE GREY AGAIN? cause it always seems like in the end, all the adamant morons dont give a damn if its logical or not.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
i just hate speedblitzing because anyone with superspeed wins any battle against someone without super speed.

Thats the truth of it. Just like in real life, if you can hit someone faster than they can react then odds are youre gonna be able to beat them

hoorayforpeepee
i know but it kills debates like crazy...and characters almost NEVER display speedblitzing unless the opponent has equitable speed.

GalacticStorm
Ive read thru this thread and no1 has come up with a solid argument as to why SS wouldnt fry Nate bk to AOA

dawsey28
i know but it kills debates like crazy...and characters almost NEVER display speedblitzing unless the opponent has equitable speed.

Wow... so The flash almost never does this when fighting someone slower than him? (In fact being nearly every fight) Superman even does it when he's against a slower opponent. And Supes has alot more powers to spare.

Surfer could zip around Nate and blast him so easily it's not even funny. And Nate would see it coming one nanosecond before being obliterated. Not enough time to react.

Even if Surfer didn't speed blitz him, then Surfer still wins. He is very resistant to telepathy. What else is Nate going to use against a guy who can stand in the middle of a super nova without being injured?

Nate goes down.

hoorayforpeepee
flash is an exception because speed is his only power. same goes for quicksilver, whizzer, etc.

can nate manipulate matter?

GalacticStorm
yeah but not to the same degree as SS

hoorayforpeepee
then this fight is obviously a wash.

i assumed nate had some sort of once-displayed uber matter manipulation power, why else would somebody put him against surfer...

GalacticStorm
cos they think SS is overrated so perhaps they put him against someone they thought was uber powerful in comparison only to find out thru debate that nate comes up short.

FieryBalrog
theres a large amount of SS-underestimation going on here....

Nataku8188
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
theres a large amount of SS-underestimation going on here....

More like X-fanboyism.

dawsey28
Okay here are Surfers powers: He possesses the Power Cosmic (an energy source capable of almost any feat imaginable) and weilds a near indestructable Surfboard that travels faster than the speed of light.

His power cosmic is so powerful that it's difficult to find a good fight against Surfer because he can do and has done just about anything.

Matter-manipulation, the power reserves of stars, traveling at lightspeed, ability to endow himself with Class 100 strength, a resistanance to telepathy, ability to stand at the center of a super-nova without breaking a sweat, energy manipulation powers allowing him to absorb almost any type of energy...

With Nate's powers and abillities, how can he combat all that and plus some?

HarmoNiC FLo
what you people dont understand is that you can't always argue vs topics with power levels. you have to look at what powers you're talking about. if i had the power to crap with 100x the speed of light, what would i do facing the hulk? of course i'd have more free time on my hands.

the point is nate grey isn't crapping at 100x the speed of light which is sad sad but he's potentially the most power psi in the universe. if you understand what that is then you know that anything goes. there is no limit to what he can do, he can create living beings like he did with madelyne prior..its not like she was see-thru either. he can pretty much mind control all mutants within a thousand square mile radius against the surfernarlydude, while somewhere in i duno canada? projecting a false self image in where ever the battle is.

dawsey28
That is from the rules. The original poster did not specify. While that is a part of his powers, it is bordering that rule.

Yeah, Nate may be... MAY BE powerful enough to get through Surfer's resistance to telepathy, but Surfer still has enough extra powers to spare that he could use to win this. I think Nate would still lose.

hoorayforpeepee
i'm confused, surfer's board is supposed to be even more indestructable than he is right?

well why didn't god cable just blow up surfer? if he can blow up the board with effort, i'm sure he could blow up surfer with a serious strain.

i just changed my mind, the only reason god cable lost that fight was because he had to.

and nate is stronger than god cable. he's the real thing, son of phoenix and cyclops. cable is a test tube clone baby. and x-man has done some REALLY impressive stuff, like resurrecting/healing madeline pryor.

Nataku8188
i'm confused, surfer's board is supposed to be even more indestructable than he is right?

well why didn't god cable just blow up surfer? if he can blow up the board with effort, i'm sure he could blow up surfer with a serious strain.

i just changed my mind, the only reason god cable lost that fight was because he had to.

and nate is stronger than god cable. he's the real thing, son of phoenix and cyclops. cable is a test tube clone baby. and x-man has done some REALLY impressive stuff, like resurrecting/healing madeline pryor.

The board isn't supposed to be more indestructable than him. it's been destroyed several times before, and he's recreated it with a wave of his hand every time. Surfer has had his body chopped into pieces and still fought on.

kgkg
The board isn't supposed to be more indestructable than him. it's been destroyed several times before, and he's recreated it with a wave of his hand every time. Surfer has had his body chopped into pieces and still fought on.
Yes, when ever his board his broken soon after his opponents gets crushed, and SS control molecules so he can reform just about anything.

Firelord , Cable etc.

leonheartmm
too many surfer fanboys here for any normal discussion to take place.

HarmoNiC FLo
the surfers resistence to telepathy may not be strong enough to overpower nate greys offence.

Mainstream
I doubt any mutant regardless of strength could be Surfer....

HarmoNiC FLo
Anyone know how strong surfers telepathic defence is? Since he's indestructable or wutever...nate can leave telekinesis out of this.

I doubt surfers resistence out-does nates offensive potential.

And what if nate mind controls a 1000 of the strongest characters gainst surfer...what then?

There's a lot of cosmo-politan loving like the magazine goin on here

HarmoNiC FLo

Why didn't cable blow surfer up? Simple, because that'd be a crime towards cosmopolitan fans. They'd no longer have the "but...but... he's INVINCIBLE" argument.

Good post - I agree that nate is above cable and under-estimated. But actually nate is the test tube clone baby - which is why he's more powerfull. He was genetically augmented by sinister to have the best possible traits from the paternal and maternal DNA of the summers'. That includes mutant power of course. He is the prime result of cyclops and pheonix. Imagine giving your son your BEST genes along with your spouse...obviously if your not a moron you can imagine the results.

Cosmic Flame
How strong is Nate's TK?

HarmoNiC FLo

Why didn't cable blow surfer up? Simple, because that'd be a crime towards cosmopolitan fans. They'd no longer have the "but...but... he's INVINCIBLE" argument.

Good post - I agree that nate is above cable and under-estimated. But actually nate is the test tube clone baby - which is why he's more powerfull. He was genetically augmented by sinister to have the best possible traits from the paternal and maternal DNA of the summers'. That includes mutant power of course. He is the prime result of cyclops and pheonix. Imagine giving your son your BEST genes along with your spouse...obviously if your not a moron you can imagine the results.

HarmoNiC FLo
Oops double post...I'm on a sidekick mobile device..

Nates TP ..telepathy.. Is the most powerfull brand. He pretty much saved the world yet no one knows of it. He's created beings out of thin air and this is when he did it subconsiously.. I mean cmon he pulled xavier out of the astral plane like a kid making trouble at kmart.

A seasoned, focused and at full potential Nate Grey could go up against Galactus - mark down as a fact.

I'm out

ragesRemorse
If nate can do some reed richards shit and create an entire alternate realm of existence, than yeah, he has a chance. I'm sure x-man's sheilds would give SS some trouble, but as soon as nate grey gets a face full of cosmic energy, he will be no more.

ImmortalOne
If Jean's telekinesis can hold back Scott's eye beam, which ARE COSMIC BEAMS !!! Than I suppose Nate HER SON, can hold cosmic blasts launched by Surfer too !!

ragesRemorse
of course he could, but one shot spells death. Take scotts optic blast and multiply it to infinity, that is the kind of power surfer has at his disposal.

leonheartmm
it DOESNT MATTER how strong surfer's cosmic blasts are, nate is just wayy too powerful for surfer to handle, i doubt even thanos could handle nate grey, his telekenesis rivalled that of dark pheonix,

Maestro
Nate actually beat Thanos in that annual, but i can't remember how though.

leonheartmm
thanos is above surfere if im not wrong?

HarmoNiC FLo
Originally posted by Maestro
Nate actually beat Thanos in that annual, but i can't remember how though.

which annual? '95?

Cosmic Cube
it DOESNT MATTER how strong surfer's cosmic blasts are, nate is just wayy too powerful for surfer to handle, i doubt even thanos could handle nate grey, his telekenesis rivalled that of dark pheonix,

Nate is uber. He beat Thanos?

leonheartmm
im not saying he beat thanos, im sayin that he could, and avccording to this other guy he already has.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
If Jean's telekinesis can hold back Scott's eye beam, which ARE COSMIC BEAMS !!! Than I suppose Nate HER SON, can hold cosmic blasts launched by Surfer too !!

You've misunderstood Cyclops power. They are beams of pure force. Nothing more. They are far from cosmic. His body metabolises solar energy and his eyes project pure force.

Mainstream
You've misunderstood Cyclops power. They are beams of pure force. Nothing more. They are far from cosmic. His body metabolises solar energy and his eyes project pure force.

the beam basically like a punch

GalacticStorm
"doubt even thanos could handle nate grey, his telekenesis rivalled that of dark pheonix,"

That comment was written during the phoenix retcon period of 86-03. That was when the phoenix was made into a separate entity just another cosmic force which was a sentient energy field derived from the psychic energy of all living things. The dark phoenix of that retcon period was made to be a much weaker manifestation of this cosmic entity. That phoenix story has now been canned. The original idea behind phoenix, the one that is now current continuity again is that there isnt a separate phoenix entity. The avatars are the phoenix. They are created by the union of the primal force of creation (which is stated to be second only to TOAA) and those with genetic phoenix potential. Jean was dark phoenix. The being that saved the multiverse and held eternity in her hand like it was nothing is dark phoenix. Dark phoenix is no longer a weak manifestation of some cosmic entitY. Nate Greys power does not rival the Phoenix of the white crowns im afraid that was a retcon era comment. Just like people had to accept the beyonder depowering retcon so must you accept this.

Loot

Mainstream

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Mainstream
nah God like Cable would be stronger than Nate.

Nate in his last shown form was more powerful than god like cable. Unlike cable who was born naturally nate was genetically tampered with to ensure his power levels were such that he could easily destroy apocalypse. If he hadnt been genetically altered then his and god like cables power levels would be the same.

Loot

Mainstream
Nate in his last shown form was more powerful than god like cable. Unlike cable who was born naturally nate was genetically tampered with to ensure his power levels were such that he could easily destroy apocalypse. If he hadnt been genetically altered then his and god like cables power levels would be the same.

Nate still is just a test tube baby.

GalacticStorm
Nate still is just a test tube baby.

True. But he's still more powerful than cable

Mainstream
True. But he's still more powerful than cable

but Cable more experienced with his powers though. I recall them fighting and Cable who was weaker still manage to win.

GalacticStorm
but Cable more experienced with his powers though. I recall them fighting and Cable who was weaker still manage to win.

I believe in a god like cable Vs Nate fight that cable would win. Because of his experience both with his powers and as a strategist. I havent said he wouldnt. However Nate is clearly more powerful and i can admit that despite being a big cable fan.

Mainstream
I believe in a god like cable Vs Nate fight that cable would win. Because of his experience both with his powers and as a strategist. I havent said he wouldnt. However Nate is clearly more powerful and i can admit that despite being a big cable fan.

I too am a Cable fan. lucky for us this at DBZ cuz Nate who is stronger would win against Cable.

HarmoNiC FLo

exactly, this is what i;ve been saying for years in nate vs cable debates. its like so damn simple its stupid to argue. a man whos genes were programmed to be strong enough to kill apocalypse IS stronger than a normal born man.

now i'm not saying cables esperience doesn't matter...but shaman x-man wasn't inexperienced ya know... cable vs x-man would be a close fight with x-men winning due to his sheer raw power.

in this case, surfer would definitely be facing a different game than god cable. he may lose...face it

Mider
Um you guys do know that Nate Gray fought Galactus. Galactus said He would eventaully win but it would take YEARS of them fighting so He just left.

Nataku8188
Um you guys do know that Nate Gray fought Galactus. Galactus said He would eventaully win but it would take YEARS of them fighting so He just left.

And? Show me one time where Nate Grey showed the ability to damage SS. Cable broke SS's board with much effort, then got his arm blown off. Nate Grey had a hard time when facing the FF.

Yea, NG is REALLY going to be a match for SS, who's thrown down with WAY more enemies, who are WAY more dangerous. He's beaten two eternals (Champion and the gun guy) outwitted Ego, survived with his body in multiple pieces, survived at the core of the earth, and much much more.

Mider
I dont need to show you anything SS has a FRACTION of Galactus powers if Nate Gray can take on Galactus head to head power to power what the hell is SS gonna do to Him.

Nataku8188
I dont need to show you anything SS has a FRACTION of Galactus powers if Nate Gray can take on Galactus head to head power to power what the hell is SS gonna do to Him.

Slam into him at lightspeed and tear in him two?
Do like he did to Cable?
Blast him into oblivion?

Just because Galactus SAID something, doesn't make it true. Thanos knocked Galactus with a blast before, Surfer could've easily defeated Galactus when he swallowed the Eternals. You talk like having a fraction of Galactus' power doesn't mean he can beat Nate Grey. YEARS is a VERY long time, and Nate Grey doesn't have YEARS. He's not fast enough to beat Surfer, he's not resiliant enough to damage to beat Surfer, end of story.

Mider
Now Galactus is a lier uh huh your so full of crap end of story for you you cant handle one of your Fanboy icons losing at all just like when you thought that Swampthing would lose to SS Swampthing has the power to go through The Source Wall, Galactus doesnt have any reason to lie unlike you and Nate Gray even defeated Thanos, Thanos beat SS to death.

Loot
nate beating galactus? what a piece of crap.

Mider
Why would it be crap He use to rival the Phoenix in power before the BS reconn.

Mider
He never defeated Galactus but Galactus said it would take years before He could defeat Nate Gray, can SS even last with Galactus more then a second?

kgkg
He never defeated Galactus but Galactus said it would take years before He could defeat Nate Gray, can SS even last with Galactus more then a second? and where did he say this

issue number.

sound bull

Nataku8188
Now Galactus is a lier uh huh your so full of crap end of story for you you cant handle one of your Fanboy icons losing at all just like when you thought that Swampthing would lose to SS Swampthing has the power to go through The Source Wall, Galactus doesnt have any reason to lie unlike you and Nate Gray even defeated Thanos, Thanos beat SS to death.

Fanboy icons? Because I can show ways SS can beat Nate's ass six ways to sunday I'm a fanboy? Right...

Name ONE thing Nate can do to Surfer. C'mon, you can do it... oh wait, no you can't.

Get off your ass and go bring back the ST vs SS thread, read exactly what I said which goes along these lines; "There is no way of telling who could win, neither seems to have the ability to beat the other"

Let's see Issue numbers where NG beat Thanos.

Even if he did, NG, Thanos and SS are completely different characters. SS is WAY faster than Thanos, and that is why he wins this fight, not because he's stronger. If you didn't think in only two dimensions then you would realize this. Go away and learn yourself something about comic books.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>