View in order of release, or chronogicly?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

odin
Ok...

Here's the deal......
My girlfriend has never seen any of the Star Wars movies... *ghasp*
even though she likes action and scifi...

1. do you think it would be better to see them in order of release?
starting with a new hope.... etc....

2. Or Chronogicly... in the order they would now run.... starting with The Phantom Mennace?

order of release would make the whole darth vader being lukes dad thing still a suprise....

but chronologicly.... would piece together better..... i think.....
and explain more....

what do you think?

VengeanceGOD
Especially now, watch 'em in the order they were released. That way, you won't ruin Empire and Jedi's surprises, and she'll see the best ones first.

Ushgarak
Absolutely watch them in order of release- that is how they are designed.

finti
indeed

Lames.s.
Absolutly

Darth Jello
just view in the following order: IV, V, I, II, III, VI.

Mr.Deflok
Imagine the shock they'll feel when innocent Palpatine turns out to be the greatest threat the galaxy has ever faced.

odin
heh... cool.... thanks....

Lyn
Did I come too late to offer advice on something I actually knew...?? sad

Mr.Deflok
Never too late, there could be lurkers abound...

yerssot
yeah, lyn's input is always greatly appreciated big grin

odin
never too late wink

Mr.Deflok
Also another good reason to watch them from Ep1 to 6 is that your girlfriend won't suspect that little Ani would ever become a Sith Lord.

Sith Master X
Absouletly, must be watched in order of release. That will build up the most suspense for the "Birth of Darth Vader" Which is the whole climax to the series.

SlickRick69
I think we'll have to see how well they put together Ep 3, see whats what and whats not, whats told and whats left out as a fill in the blanks sort of thing, before you can really say whats the best way to watch the entire saga...

there are lots of different ways, lots of different angles to consider when viewing the saga as a whole... sure its 'all about Vader' etc etc... but its also good vs evil, and good doesn't always triumph every time, etc etc... there's a decent story to each installment in their parts, as well as as a whole.

Have to wait to see Ep 3, then watch in order of release and in chronological order 2 or 3 or 12 or 20 times before you can really judge...

wait and see folks... wait and see

Ushgarak
No... I don't really see any point you just made making any difference.

Lyn
happy Thanx...

Pfft...!! stick out tongue wink laughing

Thanx...I hope your gf likes them...

KOkid
I'm wit you slick..... There are benifits to both ways, and for now I don't think Ep 1 or 2 will ruin surprises in Empire, but Ep 3 might...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.