Bishop vs. the Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Got this idea from Cosmic Cube:

Discuss.

Cosmic Cube
Bishop is extremely underrated.

Bishop absorbed a fully powered blast from Onslaught. It
is specifically said that the blast would have decimated the X-Men.

Hulk can't really hurt him. Bishop would have to be totally unaware to not absorb his punches.

Keep taking in energy, and blasting Hulk. He'll eventually go down,

Draco69
Interesting.

snoopdogg
I thought that Bishop could only absorb energy and not physical contact like punches or kicks.

stormfront13
wait so now bishop can absord kinetic energy also?? so now can basically absord energy attacks as well psyical attacks??

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
Interesting.

As long as Bishop is conscious, he will absorb any form of energy directed at him. Hulk's limitless strength would work against him.

Draco69
Then Bishop is pretty much undefeatable. There HAS to be a limit to his power.

Draco69
In fact, Rogue once used a optic blast against Bishop and overloaded him. She knocked him out.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by stormfront13
wait so now bishop can absord kinetic energy also?? so now can basically absord energy attacks as well psyical attacks??

Yes he can. He did it when the X-Men fought Juggernaut. He has even absorbed psychic energy in the past.

Cosmic Cube
In fact, Rogue once used a optic blast against Bishop and overloaded him. She knocked him out.

That doesn't make much sense. He can absorb a fully powered Onslaught blast, but an optic blast overloads him? Pfft.

snoopdogg
Now my memory may be a little vauge on this matter but if my memory serves me correctly didnt Colossus knock him out right around the time Bishop joined the X-men?

stormfront13
well..... thunderbird has come close to reaching bish's limit, and so has storm on many occasions

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Now my memory may be a little vauge on this matter but if my memory serves me correctly didnt Colossus knock him out right around the time Bishop joined the X-men?

Bishop (like almost everyone) has had a secondary mutation since then. He can absorb all energy.

Draco69
X-Treme X-Men # 12 or 13

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Bishop (like almost everyone) has had a secondary mutation since then. He can absorb all energy. I was not aware of that.

Cosmic Cube
X-Treme X-Men # 12 or 13
read my edit.

Draco69
I read it. Apparently Bishop was taking in the energy way too fast. That's how it was explained. The Onslaught thing could have been attributed to the fact that it was a very emotionally charged event. It was his destiny to prevent what was going to happen. So he pushed himself beyond his limits.

snoopdogg

Bishop would have to be totally unaware to not absorb his punches.

Now this brings up my next point. Bishop would have to focus on absorbing his punches right? If he has to focus on absorbing the punches how will he be able to focus on fighting the Hulk. I mean come on now absorbing punches from the Hulk seems a little overboard to me.

Cosmic Cube
That's possible. But it shows that he is capable of absorbing unimaginable amounts of energy. It is also evident that he can absorb kinetic energy.

Draco69
He'd have to overloaded at some point. Eventually he'll lose focus or exert himself.

Draco69
Night y'all.

Cosmic Cube
Now this brings up my next point. Bishop would have to focus on absorbing his punches right? If he has to focus on absorbing the punches how will he be able to focus on fighting the Hulk. I mean come on now absorbing punches from the Hulk seems a little overboard to me.

Not focus, he must simply be conscious. Bishop doesn't absorb energy while he's asleep, unconscious, etc. It's a subconscious thing. (Note: There is a difference between "subconcious" and "unconcious."wink

snoopdogg
So if I sneak up on Bishop and wack him in the back of the head with a baseball bat he will absorb it and will have no effect by it.

Cosmic Cube
X-Treme X-Men # 12 or 13 Bishop doesn't get overloaded in X-treme X-Men 12 or 13. He and Rouge didn't fight. He never has been overloaded.

Maybe you meant another issue.

Cosmic Cube
So if I sneak up on Bishop and wack him in the back of the head with a baseball bat he will absorb it and will have no effect by it.

If he didn't know you were intending to hit him, it might work. He has absorbed ambush attacks from behind in the past.

If Bishop is concious, his body subconciously absorbs all energy directed at him. It's an automatic defense mechanism. He doesn't even have to think about it.

snoopdogg
Hmmmmmmmmmmm my X-men handbook says differently but I dont like Bishop so it dont really matter. If it is true then he can defeat the Hulk then.

Swanky-Tuna
Hulk would probably win by ring out. In one punch.

Cosmic Cube
What year? It's probably outdated.

snoopdogg
What year? It's probably outdated. 2004

Cosmic Cube
What does it say?

snoopdogg
"Bishop is a mutant with the power to absorb energy, either ambient energy or that directed towards him, and to project that energy from his body in the form of concussive blasts. Bishop can also store absorbed energy within his personal reserves, where upon the energy increases his strength and recuperative abilites, as well as affording him a measure of invulnerablity"

It dont say anthing about kenetic energy or physical contact.

Cosmic Cube
It's a secondary mutation. He has absorbed punches from Juggernaut.

snoopdogg
Well if he can absorb punches from Juggernaut than he can take them from the Hulk. What issue did Bishop and Juggernaut fight?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Hulk would probably win by ring out. In one punch.

lol I'm sure it wouldn't hurt him, but I don't think the punch would move him.

Cosmic Cube
Once the two fought in the onslaught saga. Right after Juggernaut got punched to Hoboken, NJ by onslaught.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.