Hellgate: London

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
This is a game set in Post-Apocalyptic London. It's and RPG and an FPS at the same time apparently...

Here are some screenshots: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/hellgatelondon/screenindex.html

MetallicaT
looks very good to me, its made by the creators of diablo, pcgamer talked about it in their issue last month or the month befor...i think its a really good idea to combine FPS and RPG

SnakeEyes
Yeah it looks pretty good

Smasandian
Combining RPG and FPS?

Dues Ex did it already and alot of RPG's are from the first person perspective.

Hellgate aint a FPS. Your Unreal Tournment skills will mean nothing because all the aiming in this game is done by RPG stat's. I think you basically control the shooting like you would in Diablo. Its a click fest and the accuracy is controlled by how well your character's stats are in aiming. Its a mystery on how good that will work out.

Its looks cool and I love to see a game thats based in post-apocalptic setting. I would love to see a FPS in this setting.
I guess I'll just have to wait for Stalker.

SnakeEyes
I hope it is like a normal FPS game when it comes to the gameplay (combat and so forth)

Smasandian
Its not going to be.
In PG Gamer, they said its not a FPS at all.

Aiming is completly stat based, so aiming like you would do in FPS is useless. I think its going to be a click fest.

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by Smasandian

Dues Ex did it already

Its looks cool and I love to see a game thats based in post-apocalptic setting. I would love to see a FPS in this setting.
I guess I'll just have to wait for Stalker.

I was gong to point that out but you beat me to it!

i cant wait for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. either, i wonder how you can tell stick out tongue

Smasandian
Nah, really?

Haha.

SaTsuJiN
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10529&type=wmv&pl=game

E3 2k6 Trailer... its so awesome (cinematic)

crazy_shadow
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3226/hellgatelondon20060622053251679on9.jpg

LMFAO THEY HAVE WIRT THE PEGLEG BOY!!

Burning thought
LOOK AT THIS!!!

AWSOME!!!

GAME!!!

Hellgate: London

apparently a bit of a diablo 3, awsome FPS/RPG game with weopons, classes, guns AND swords, combinations of classes all in the style of HACK AND SLASH, kill, loot and gain all kinds of awsome Loot and equipment and then KILL A BIG ONE!!! for even better loot and then KILL A BIGGER ONE, and so on and so forth...fun...FUN....FUN

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/

Ushgarak
Yup, this one has been big on the horizon for a while now.

Burning thought
yes indeed, an awsome offline RPG you can play and enjoy without others or if you choose go online for FREE and play....blissful fun...and ive heard according to a few sites that its coming out 13th of october so if their right (prob not knowing my luck) then we will be havin ourselves one hell of a party Happy Dance

MadMel
YEA!!

SaTsuJiN
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=339486&highlight=hellgate+forumid%3A66 heh..

and yeah I plan on getting this one.. a game that finally shows what paladins (templar) are supposed to be like

Burning thought
its awsome, also its more RPG than FPS which is cool, skills and such.....diffrent classes and hundreds of diffrent weapons that are highly modable and some unique, should be awsome and out 13th OCT according to a few sources

Burning thought
delete this thread if there alrdy one on it, i used the search engine but i didnt find the thread

SaTsuJiN
interesting.. I havent even heard it was going into beta yet.. most people seem under the impression that early next year is a likely release date

Hellgate forums on gamespot : http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/hellgatelondon/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-30563314&pid=927136

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=339486&highlight=hellgate+forumid%3A66 heh..

and yeah I plan on getting this one.. a game that finally shows what paladins (templar) are supposed to be like

i went on the search for it too cause i remember it existing but i couldnt find it, so i was like "wth?" big grin

MadMel
lol...i knew there was one too, didnt bother checking tho..no expression

MadMel
ahah!!
here's the old thread...laughing out loud

Lana
Yay merging!

Yeah.

MadMel
lol...

Koala MeatPie
Surprised Nobody posted the Hi Rez E3 Teasers yet:
http://www.hellgatelondon.com/goodies/category/3/#fancy_panel

Hellgate Guru For All your information:
www.HellgateGuru.com

K73SK
http://pc.ign.com/articles/753/753525p1.html

w00000t

Vinny Valentine
Downloading it to my PC as we speak...

ragesRemorse
Is this going to be a movie based game?

I know a Hellgate movie is in production. The game does look choice. It seems to capture the art style from the comics.

Vinny Valentine
Great Game so far... I enjoy it.. I dislike one thing about it, but so far it's good.

Blax_Hydralisk
Is it free?

Vinny Valentine
9 Levels in, Found a Legendary Item... What Luck.

Blax_Hydralisk
Don't care.

Is it free?

Lana
Uhhh, no. You have to buy the game. Duh.

Blax_Hydralisk
Duh?

Don't "duh" me young lady!

Morridini
Why would you expect a game to be free?
That deserves a "duh".

Mišt
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Is this kind of like a 3D Diablo game? I saw a video of coop and it looks mad but they didnt show any items or anything, cant wait to get it....might d/l shifty

Ushgarak
Good Lord, you kill more things in this game than I can count! Everyone is a freaking psycho!

It's mind-numbingly shallow but great in spite of it. Or possibly because of it.

Though irritatingly I am kinda having to play everything twice, once for single and once for multi player. That must be because they are worried about hacking as there isn't actually any other reason why the two are not interchangeable- playing multiplayer so far all I have done is run around and complete quests just as in single-player.

So my instinct would be to not bother with single-player, but my net can be ropey at busy periods and I might not get on-line, Also handy to try out new character advances there before you skill-up online.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Morridini
Why would you expect a game to be free?
That deserves a "duh".

Perhapse because there's THOUSANDS of MMORPG's online that are free? Ever heard of runescape, Knights online, Gunzonline, etc?

Ushgarak
Just to be clear here- you can play Hellgate online for free, once you buy the game.

But there will be am MMO-like subscription mode too, with all the full-on Guild options etc.

I say 'will be'. It was meant to be there from the start but they suspended it almost immediately due to technical issues. Will probably be up soon, but I, like many, will be waiting to see what it actually does for you before shelling out.

SaTsuJiN
You buy the game.. then playing multiplayer is free..

you have the option to subscribe to gain access to updates and new items / content faster than everyone else.. its not required

I wont be shelling out...ever

but I will be snagging the game in like a week or so happy

Mišt
Just bought it, installing now. w00t

Burning thought
dammit, i wish i had the game now

Ushgarak
Killing... stuff... killing... stuff...

The boss fights are a tad boring, that's the biggest criticism I really have. In Diablo you had to normally be a tiny bit tactical with the big guys. Here you really do just wade in and hold down the mouse button until one of you dies, probably him as you heal yourself as you go along.

Mišt
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Legendary at lvl 5131wank

This game is fun, except I keep getting server disconnections sleeping Went right up to my mission objective, and it booted me, have to do it again now another-bunny

What class are people playing? Im a Blademaster, dual wielding rocks raver

Ushgarak
'Legendary', I believe, means it's not randomnly generated. So you get legendary rewards at low levels for boss killing. Doesn't mean they are particularly powerful, valuable or rare.

Guardian, btw, because I was a Paladin in DII. And they've certainly fixed the auras, which is great, not requiring a mouse slot to be used.

Blademasters are Barbarians, Evokers are Sorceresses and Evokers are Necromancers. It is the Marksman and Engineer that are the new guys, though the first is like the Rogue from DI and the second is a techy version of the Necromancer.

Mišt
Has anyone played in a party yet? Do you fight more enemies, or do they become harder, or what? I cant see a point playing multiplayer in a party if I can solo everything anyway, and it defeats the whole purpose of playing multiplayer.

Mišt
*cries*
All I want to do is get to Chocolate Park weep The first time I tried, I got disconnected. The second time I tried I got to the portal/gate and the server went down to update Guy Fawkes stuff. I get to the portal again just now and the server goes down again to update again for 3 hours. They hate me weep

Burning thought
is legendary top tier item, got one at each 5 and 6, their not too rare, found loads of legend shields, playing as blademaster now level 10, hmm, personally i like the hell levels the best, where you go in a portal and theres a mini boss fight and some loot afterwards

Ushgarak
There is no point in playing multiplayer if your definition of the point of it is that you cannot do some bits singleplayer, no. The game is designed to be able to be done solo; multiplayer is just singleplayer with... well, other people around.

So yes, things hype up if in a group. Which might seem pointless, but it was the same with Diablo, and that was great fun.

And I am just happy that an MMO has had a Guy Fawkes patch. Bit of a first, that.

Vinny Valentine
I'm loving this game, I'm level 20 now... Still trying to figure out some little things I haven't got down yet... I play on Full Spec Settings, All Extreme on Directx10... Great Graphics.

Boss Fights are meh... I hope they introduce a PVP system to it, or something around those lines... That would add much more interest to me in the game, but I still love it.

My name is : Misk

Add me in the game and I'll party with ya... Just Send me a PM beforehand so I don't get random bullshit I have no idea about.

Outbound
Do people still play this? I feel like firing it up but I dont know if its still as active...

SaTsuJiN
well I know that flagship is going downhill.. some financial things fell through with a father company

Outbound
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
well I know that flagship is going downhill.. some financial things fell through with a father company

Yeah, was just getting up to speed on that. Servers are still up, but all I've gathered is that subscriptions arent being taken anymore....which doesnt bother me because I didnt subscribe.

Still got SP I guess..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.