Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I saw "Ghost Dog" last night for the first time, and I have to say that it didn't live up to the hype.

Forest Whitaker's a good actor, and the plot was very unique, but the execution stunk, like all the motivation was spent on the outline and not the actual MAKING of the film. It was clumsy at times, the characters were incredibly shallow and vanilla, there was a lot of out of place humor that really killed whatever dramatic angle they were shooting for, and it was a very basic, straight forward movie with no real feeling, IMO.

"Ghost Dog" the character was an interesting take, but he didn't even have a story, really. No background, other than being someones "retainer", which pretty much spells the ending out for you, thus making the proceedings obsolete, null, and void. Just filler.

Poor flick, if you ask me. What's the appeal?

moviejunkie23
i saw that movie when i lived in a bad area of phoenix, and there was a shoot out outside while me and some friends watched. It completley freaked us out. Now i can't help but associate that movie with that

Morpheus
raver I dont know, I sitll want 2c this film. anything with the word
SAMURAI in it i want 2c it.

(I've become very big on samurai. im thanking
become one.)

Ou Be Low hoo
I love Ghost Dog! The music is the bomb, the performances are funny and it's very strange = CINEMATIC EXCELLENCE. It's also a pretty old movie...

jaden101
i thought this film seemed a bit hollow and the casting was uninspired...not as good as it was supposed to be

WindDancer
Haven't seen this movie in quite a while. From what I remenber the film has some dark comedy and a mix of drama with a gangster background. I have to see it again.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I just watched 'Ghost Dog: Way Of The Samurai' again the other day; I still love it. It's so strange and original, the characters are perfect. I love the friendship between Ghost Dog and the French-speaking ice cream seller. It's a great movie.

MildPossession
Watch the original that Ghost Dog was influenced by, Le Samourai(1967), fabulous. I thought Ghost Dog was wonderful also.

edwinian
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
I love Ghost Dog! The music is the bomb, the performances are funny and it's very strange = CINEMATIC EXCELLENCE. It's also a pretty old movie...

the music is actually done by the RZA (who does most of the beats for Wu-Tang Clan and also did the music for the Kill Bill series).

i own the vinyl LP to this soundtrack and it's just amazing.

papabeard
I liked it, style over substance, but it is very funny in places, the stupid gangsters in particular and the rapping and soundtrack by RZA are inspired.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.