Martian Manhunter vs Prof X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil player007
who takes this

Blair Wind
anybody have an opinion? cuz i have "heard" that MM is more powerful but i dont really read up on him much.......but idk this would be more a mental battle than a physical one....but if MM can handle x in the mental world while still being able to fight then he takes this easily.....

Quick Freeze
been done

snoopdogg
I always though Xavier was the most powreful telepath in comics.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I always though Xavier was the most powreful telepath in comics.

Ha! MM's telepathic feats are more impressive...Xavier with Cerebro would be a better challenge for MM. Even Marvel might have a telepath or two better than Xavier (Moondragon, if I'm not mistaken, kicks ass). That "Most Powerful Telepath" stuff is overrated. But the telepathy would negate itself...neither would be able to take over the other's mind, and then MM would punch Xavier's face in. End of fight.

-DM

mr.smiley
like dude said in xmen vs superman thread.
xavier is as powerful,he only uses cerebro due to magneto messing up something

Swanky-Tuna
If MM can just resist it, he should be able to just pop Xavier in the nose.

JRW
MM is one of his most impressive scenes (that i have seen) held about 70 people with his telepathy

Prof. x on the other hand held about 300 with ease

Prof. X by a landslide

Superherovandal
I thought he once was connected to the whole world under his own power. and those 70 people he held were white martians fyi.

nigel45
Originally posted by JRW
MM is one of his most impressive scenes (that i have seen) held about 70 people with his telepathy

Prof. X by a landslide

Than you haven't seen very much of MM. No way is this easy for Xavier.

BENITO
Xavier seen him in the astral plane mission on X-men legends psychic maelstrom
give my regards to the Dodo

whirlysplat
Originally posted by BENITO
Xavier seen him in the astral plane mission on X-men legends psychic maelstrom
give my regards to the Dodo

roll eyes (sarcastic) and that means roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by JRW

Prof. X by a landslide

MINDWIPED 70 with one thought.

Draco69
And was in telepathic contact with every sentinent being in the friggin universe.

Mainstream
"Heed me you tall Green Ba$tard!" professorx

Draco69
Charly's telepathy is useless against shapeshifters anyway. And guess what MM is?

Mainstream
up close and personal Xavier could "stand up to MM" forgive the pun.

GalacticStorm
"Charly's telepathy is useless against shapeshifters anyway"

How did u figure that one out? He seemed to be doing pretty well fighting against the skrull shortly before galactus ate thei homeworld. That was in uncanny about 6 years bk

Draco69
He's tried against Mystique. And failed. He tried it against the Super-Skrull in The End. And failed. It don't work against shapeshifters because their brains shift too. MM once turned his entire brain into a right hemisphere.

Mainstream
I do remember Charlie saying it's hard to track down Shape shifter could of their shape altering abilities...I believe it was in the first issue of Mist...you know Nightcrawler's mommy.

GalacticStorm
He wouldnt be able to easily read or track a shapeshifter but he still take them out with mental bolts as he did against the skrull

Draco69
Maybe. But not against MM. He's leagues above Xavier. An old man with one lifetime of self-training and experience vs. a alien telepath with the lifetimes, experience and techniques of every Martian who ever existed...over 15 thousand years.

Mainstream
what if Xavier goes nutty and becomes *dramatic opera music plays* Onslaught!

Draco69
Then MM will become Fernus. A million of them.

Mainstream
hmmmmm.

GalacticStorm
on paper that sounds like he should be the better telepath but that isnt conclusive evidence in the slightest. The shadow king is a centuries old astral entity who has lived through various bodies and corrupted many a telepath however xavier still defeated him.

Draco69
So? Martian Manhunter managed to single-handedly buffer the effects of Mageddon. He telepathically battled the Shadow, a threat to heaven itself, and won. Martian Manhunter even managed to protect every single sentinent being in the universe from the psychic onslaught of Solaris.

Shadow King would be bug to him.

jffxex1980
Xavier....' nuff said. He's the one that nerds and losers compare other telepaths too and the patriarch of telepathy. He has been dubbed as the most powerful telepath by many people and I, Jeff, stand by that because when Charles goes loco.........6 billion people are mind****ed. Charles would simply pimp slap MM, run him over with his wheelchair repeatedly, and light a lighter under his feet and watch him squirm.

Draco69
Uh...no. Not gonna happen. You obviously haven't read up on MM. Xavier is the most powerful telepath...in Marvel. Until I see Xavier get connected with every sentinent being in the universe and fight a threat to the Presence to victory than I'll believe it. But Xavier is leagues below MM.

And MM isn't vulnerable to flame.

Mainstream
since when?

Draco69
Since the "Burning" Event. They got rid of that nuisance. However he is vulnerable to flames of "passion". Like a fire burning down a orphanage with children inside. The children fear the fire.

A lighter or a even friggin flamethrower ain't gonna do sh** to him.

Mainstream
interesting.

nigel45
Wow, serious deja vu occuring from the last few posts.

Mainstream
eh?

nigel45
I swear all of these conversations occurred in the LAST MM vs X thread.

Draco69
By Me. People never learn.

manjaro
well it is obviously MM... charles already has 2 strikes against him 1.) other than communication over short distances, and a mind bolt or two his telepathy is useless against shapeshifters 2.) his telepathy is Absolutely useless aginst those who can become intangible (check ultimate xmen, where he admits this....the one where wolvie tried to kill scott)

yeah charles can give shapeshitfers a mind bolt but i doubt that he could affect one that is a highly accomplshed telepath such as MM. i know its just beating a dead horse now but, the guy mindwiped 70 just as accomplished telepaths. in fact, b4 they launched thier assualt, and was ridding the earth of its atmosphere the white martians were a little more powerful than normal becuz they were kidnapping all psychics, empaths, palm readers, and anyone with latent telepathic abilites and were eating thier brains to boost thier own power.. yet MM shut them down regardless.

also, if youre an old schooler like me you'll know that while j'onn was living on Mars he was telepathically linked to every member of his race, and all those countless millenia of training, strategies and mind techniques were passed down from generation to generation via telepathy. so charles is in way way over his head. also on another note charles is the most powerful psychic on Earth not the universe. impressive as that may be he has no prayer against someone like J'onn.

this is what would happen, J'onn would do that Kitty Pryde trick and become intangible, walk up to him put his hand in his head or chest and snatch out his brain, or his heart from his damn chest....goodbye charely

Draco69
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

BRAVO! BRAVO!

clap clap

supermanprime
I agree with everything you just said manjaro. it is about time the MM get's his props, Xavier maybe as overrated as wolverine is

nigel45
Originally posted by Draco69
By Me. People never learn.

Exactly.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, did you just copy and paste your arguments in that thread over to this one? They seem very familiar. It really doesn't matter since it's not at all important.

hoorayforpeepee
i still think xavier is underrated, mainly because of the aforementioned magnetic field incident.

and MM's average showing (excluding the solaris and shadow episodes) is approximately on the same level as xavier.

but MM would win, even if this was a purely telepathic no intangibility/shapeshifting fight. but just barely.

manjaro
but thing is, ppl with said powers dont have to activate them to be impervious to telepaths. its the fact that thier molecules are unstable in the first place that gives them the advantage.

the same way telepaths cant mess with deadpool cuz his brain cells are in constant flux

eleveninches
MM would only need to resist ProX's telepathy for a fraction of a second to get close enough to him to defeat him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.