Official Doctor Who Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Dragon
I only started watching it Saturday, my mum watched it before me. I wanted to see Bruno Langley in it (Todd Grimshaw in Corronation St.) I watched & I like it. I'm going to watch it every week now. Anyone else?

SpikeSpiegel
I love Doctor Who, my favourate Doctor is the eighth one, Paul McGann. I've watched the film many times and I'm looking for some of his books in the shops (Gallifrey gets destroyed in the books, and I'm fairly sure he dies in the last one which is released next month). The new series is good, but it just seems a bit too far away from the original series for my liking, it's more aimed at the new younger audience.

shaber
I AM Doctor Who! I am his latest incarnation as a scrawny boy! eek! quite a comedown. I don' even get a scantily clad sidekick.

grade 3 ol
I love the show. I am watching old eps on the Aus. ABC. IT TOTALLY ROCKS!!! I would like to be one of the sidekicks- Minus the scantily clad part. Thats just not my style.

to the pereson who said:

well... do you wear that cool hat and scarf that the tom baker doc. wears? cause if so: IM GUNNA STEAL IT! can i be your sidekick?

Blue Dragon
Some Dr Who fans have come along.

shaber
Depends if you match a reincarnated old goat's libido grade 3 ol naughty

Oh incidentally I suspect Raz of being the Master fear

StunningMono
Wooo *waves* Dr Who fan here!!

Have been watching the new series since it started, but sadly missed the two-parter sad

My fav doctors have to be Jon Pertwie (sp?), Peter Davidson and Paul McGann.

big grin

SpikeSpiegel - Paul McGann's doctor does die in the comic sketch that runs through the offical Dr Who magazine, so I guess it will be coming out as a novel or comic book soon!

"The new series is good, but it just seems a bit too far away from the original series for my liking, it's more aimed at the new younger audience."

- I think that might be the point, the older generations have their doctor, but the young ones don't, so I guess this Doctor and the ones to come will be theres.

Any views on the guy replacing Christopher Eccelson (sp?)???

SpikeSpiegel
Well, the new novel says that it's the last in the continuing adventures of the eighth doctor, and that after that his books will be put into the "past doctor" range.

The blurb reads:

"The Doctor's home planet of Gallifrey has been destroyed. The Time Lords are dead, their TARDISes annihilated. The man responsible has been tracked down and lured to Earth in the year 2005, where there will be no escape. But Earth has its hands full - a mystery signal is being received from a radio telescope, there's a second moon in the sky, and a primordial alien menace has been unleashed. The stage is set for the ultimate confrontation - for justice to be done. The Doctor and his companions Fitz and Trix will meet their destiny. And this time, the Doctor isn't going to be able to save everyone. This is the last in the continuing series of original adventures of the Eighth Doctor." which sounds good.

You wouldn't happen to know where I could find that comic strip online would you? Because I'ld like to see how it happened in that.

joeykangaroo
erm ive seent he new 1s..but i dnt see what all the fuss is about- it ent even scary

Blue Dragon
Well I think something doesn't feel right about this Doctor Who..of course I never watched the previous ones but something's different...doesn't feel like he's a doctor...

StunningMono
SpikeSpiegel:

Try looking at the offical Dr Who Magazine website, it might have something there about it. Besides that I don't know, I just got the magazine after the new doctor took over, so all the Paul McGann storylines had finished!!

Ushgarak
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
I love Doctor Who, my favourate Doctor is the eighth one, Paul McGann. I've watched the film many times and I'm looking for some of his books in the shops (Gallifrey gets destroyed in the books, and I'm fairly sure he dies in the last one which is released next month). The new series is good, but it just seems a bit too far away from the original series for my liking, it's more aimed at the new younger audience.

New series is good- aimed for a modern market and still at kids which may offend older sensibilities, but still good (and that is how it ALWAYS was, for those with short memories), and Christopher Eccleston is fantastic!

But I should warn that the events of the books really have bugger all to do with the series; it is a different continuity. That Gallifrey got destroyed in the books as well is at most simply evidence of thematic similarily, and really, just a coincidence. The cause is different and Gallifrey seems to be being put back in the books anyway.

(The books have also, over time, destroyed the continuity of many Dr. Who stories, and I am prettty certain that the current tv writers do not agree with those ret-cons)

Ushgarak
Originally posted by StunningMono
Any views on the guy replacing Christopher Eccelson (sp?)???

David Tenant is very good- I have seen him in lots of stuff; I missed him in Casanova but I saw him in Blackpool and the recent remake of the Quatermass Experiment.

Furthermore, he is an avid Dr. Who fan and has already played a decent role in non-tv Dr. Who stuff (in the Scream of the Shalka). He was actually very annoyed that he didn't land a part in the new series (he had worked a lot with the new writer already), and it seems almost certain that this was because they were saving him to use as the next Doctor (because, contrary to how it was mistakenly announced, it now seems clear that Christopher was always planned to only do the one series).

grade 3 ol
so, whats the level of libido of a reincarnated old goat... and may i ask why?
what do you want to know about my libido n e way?confused

I have not seen the new series of doctor who yet because it hasnt started being shown... THE ADS LOOK WIKID THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like K-9 hes my fav jump^_^

Blue Dragon
Who could forget the darlic? OK so I know they have always been part of Doctor Who, even though I didn't watch the previous series...but then again I think I would have been too young to watch the other Doctor Who's.

And I like science fiction & adventure.

grade 3 ol
YAY DALEKS!!!!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

my brother and sister were doing that one day (Playing daleks) and mum was looking at us like we were crazy! it was so fun

I watched a movie last night. It was a doctor who movie set in 1990. has anyone seen this?

I've also seen another one called "Doctor Who and the Daleks" It was pretty crap in my opinion. the tardis was a mess of wires and smeg and the doctor was HUMAN!!! ohhh its a crime against humanity!!! (And all thats not human!) anyone seen this one too?

Blue Dragon
You were playing Darlics!? OMG!

04wayne
Doctor Who is crap!!!

Blue Dragon
Yeah well...doesn't suit everyone WAYNE!

grade 3 ol
of coarse! big grin hey, kids do some of the wiiiiieeeerdest things.whistling and i never said it was recent!

only the movie thing was.
youpi

i like smilies sorry!

eleveninches
I only started watching it from the last half of the darlick episode. The one with the holes in their heads was wierd

Blue Dragon
C Eccolston isn't staying, he's quiting, why do it in the first place if the doctor's going to look different?!

Ultimatespider
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!

Lol! That poor Daleak!

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by joeykangaroo
erm ive seent he new 1s..but i dnt see what all the fuss is about- it ent even scary
i see your point, ive watched most of them,but i dont see why people say they're scary. if anything they are funny

Blue Dragon
The Doctor has a funny side though doesn't he. The way he just goes "See ya." *waves* laughing out loud

grade 3 ol
yeah, especially tom baker doc. Would you like a jeely baby?
*offers packet of lollies*

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
C Eccolston isn't staying, he's quiting, why do it in the first place if the doctor's going to look different?!

This is what is alled 'missing the point'...

And he's not quitting, that was a false rumour- they only asked him to do the one series.

Blue Dragon
Andrew (someone I know) said it isn't a rumour, he said he's heard it all...a Doctor Who fanatic!

Ushgarak
Well, he's wrong. The guy in charge of the whole things has described how thae fact that Eccleston was leaving early was blown too soon by an ill-informed press department that gave reasons that Christopher himself is pissed at because the reasons given were not true.

Blue Dragon
Hmm...interesting...

Blue Dragon
I thought he was quitting because my mum says she has saw it on tv & that they have found their new Doctor. That's 2 people saying that this Doctor is leaving but you saw he isn't....

So he's not quitting, he's doing what he's asked. I was confused...but 14 episodes isn't much...I know it runs into 14 weeks but it's olny 1 a week. Today's was good.

IRON EDDIE 666
why do it in the first place if the doctor's going to look different?!
You are obviously not familliar with regeneration. wink

Blue Dragon
No I know now. They always have a transformation, that's what my mum said.

grade 3 ol
Here's a question i'v only just thought about. *inspects jelly baby and then bites i's head off*
Why is it... That jelly babies are never wearing any clothes?

Blue Dragon
blink

grade 3 ol
no, seriosly

hayden's minx
I like Christopher Eccleston, I don't like david Tennant, that'll just ruin the series even more than Billie Piper in these. To be honest - she is better than I expected but still does my head in. I prefer the older series - my fav doc is peter Davison. number 5 if memory is correct. I was fairly dissapointed at the episode with Simon Pegg in, I love him and that episode was crap - but it did get rid of Bruno Langley!

grade 3 ol
ooo... youre alking about the new doc...

it starts on saturday where i live... cant wait to c it...

but anyway... what do you think of my question?
why do you think it's so?

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by grade 3 ol
no, seriosly
Explain...

grade 3 ol
well, have you ever really looked at a jelly baby? theyre just this figure of a little kid without any clothes on... why arent they clothed?

grade 3 ol
luv youre signiature pic by the way BD

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by grade 3 ol
well, have you ever really looked at a jelly baby? theyre just this figure of a little kid without any clothes on... why arent they clothed?
Don't know.

grade 3 ol
o, k then

eleveninches
He didnt want to be typecast in that role, so he always said he would only do one season

Blue Dragon
I know I know now, I know about the one season thing.

hayden's minx
Does anyone know if they plan to show it on BBC America?
Just in case *fingers crossed that I won't be there* :P

MildPossession
Billie Piper is now leaving the show also, so they will be replacing her, one in the line is Keeley Hawes(sp?) from Spooks/Tipping the Velvet, I think she would be wonderful in the role, good actress.

Blue Dragon
^ I heard about this today! It was on the front cover of a newspaper. I read some inside but not all. I saw the picture of the new Doctor...name name...

I forgot the name but doesn't look much of a doctor, the other older ones had beards & looked wise which make better Doctors, but Eccelston was good.

Moosooman
its ok but bilie piper spoils eet tbh messed

MildPossession
What? anyway, Billie Piper is fine as a sidekick. I think the new Doctor's name is David Trent?

Blue Dragon
^ That would be the one.
Moose what's 'eet' & 'tbh'? Talk ENGLISH.

mischief
new doctor is david tennant, and he should be way better then ecclestone. best doctor was tom baker, colin baker was good too, just didn't get enough time in the role

grade 3 ol
I saw the first ep of the new series on saturday!!!! it was so AWESOME!!!!
and it was so stupid and crap and awesome!

k, let me explain. compared to the old eps, it was stupid and crap, but if i hadnt seen the oldies, I would rekon it is awesome. it is.

i like the bit how the rubbish bin eats rose's boyfriend. 3343434

Red Superfly
It is pretty naff. Doctor Who was always naff, but somehow I liked it.

So far, I haven't really enjoyed much of the new series. I didn't like the Episode with the single pathetic Dalek, and I didn't like that crappy Auton one with the stupid wheelie bin that came alive. It wasn't down to the shoddiness of the villains either, it was because of that idiot boyfriend, and I really don't like Billy Piper, at all.

I did, however, really enjoy the one set in World War II, Richard Wilson was a guest star and it was about some sort of monster disease, and they turned into gas-mask wearring Zombies. Rather creepy, and the cheesy format of the show made it even more creepy and wierd, and I loved it.

I get the feeling it should be on Childrens BBC, rather than Prime Time, but Doctor Who has always been a naff pile of crap so I can forgive it.

So it's been a bit hit and miss. I couldn't believe that idiot from Coronation Street was in one Episode. His overly crap acting and fake accent really bugged the hell outta me.

Oh and Simon Pegg's villain was excellent. I enjoyed that. I'd love to see more comedy actors making cameos, because they seem to suit the over the top nature of the show better than legit hammy actors.

Blue Dragon
I enjoyed the one when we see Rose's dad...it's sad though because even though he saw the older Rose, they forget about that...he will never know... sad

He will never know about Rose anyway, what she's like, what she does (time travel) etc.

Rubbish bin eats Rose's boyfriend? Bruno Langly was fine.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by eleveninches
He didnt want to be typecast in that role, so he always said he would only do one season

Nothing to do with being typecast! That has been denied, it was never a reason.

The second half of the season has been an improvement. The Simon Pegg episode was, indeed, only worth watching for Simon Pegg, but Father's Day and the new World War II one has been very good indeed.

And Dr. Who always was a kid's show on at a non-kid's slot designed to appeal to everyoine, not just sci-fi fans, so that all fits. It's getting censor-based complaints as well, so another triumph.

This has been the BBC's big success of the year and its future is assured. Good job.

BENITO
What was up with those guys who go are you my mummy?

Blue Dragon
I was going to say that...murrrrrmmmmyyyyy....murrrrrrmmmmmmyyy...are you my mumy? Where's my mummy? I want my mummy.

Dr Who is given a 12 so it's not kid's show.

Abbita
Tonights episode was great, along with every other episode in this series. Ive never been a doctor who fan and didnt think i would watch this new one but i gave it a go as there was nothing else on (which seems to happen a lot lately) and now i am hooked big grin

whirlysplat
It was under BBC drama but started as an historical semi educational show, until the "dead planet" introduced the daleks smileOriginally posted by Ushgarak
Nothing to do with being typecast! That has been denied, it was never a reason.

The second half of the season has been an improvement. The Simon Pegg episode was, indeed, only worth watching for Simon Pegg, but Father's Day and the new World War II one has been very good indeed.

And Dr. Who always was a kid's show on at a non-kid's slot designed to appeal to everyoine, not just sci-fi fans, so that all fits. It's getting censor-based complaints as well, so another triumph.

This has been the BBC's big success of the year and its future is assured. Good job.

Red Superfly
I enjoyed todays show, apart from the dancing at the end. Naff as hell.

And was it me or did the Doctor lose it and suddenly go all camp in the last ten minutes?

The music does rock though. I love the start of it, that "Eeeeeeeeeeeeoooowwww" sound. I love the fact it's still very retro.

Ushgarak
I was going to say that...murrrrrmmmmyyyyy....murrrrrrmmmmmmyyy...are you my mumy? Where's my mummy? I want my mummy.

Dr Who is given a 12 so it's not kid's show.

That's the censor., Forget the censor, listen to the writers. It is a kid's show. SW might have gotten hgiher certificates this time but they are still kid's films.

And Stanley Newman might have envisaged it being semi-educational, but face facts- it never was. Dead Planet was all of FIVE episodes in...

And yes, the episode ended in a very happy way, which is unusual dor Doctor Who- as he said "Just for once, everyone lives."

Solo
I've downloaded every episode. Good stuff.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's the censor., Forget the censor, listen to the writers. It is a kid's show. SW might have gotten hgiher certificates this time but they are still kid's films.

And Stanley Newman might have envisaged it being semi-educational, but face facts- it never was. Dead Planet was all of FIVE episodes in...

And yes, the episode ended in a very happy way, which is unusual dor Doctor Who- as he said "Just for once, everyone lives."
Look at next week's episode, this huge ugly thing hides in bodies...that will surely scare young ones. But it's OK for aged 12. There have been previous monsters in Dr Who, violence too.

I didn't get yesterdays's episode though...even though they can change the past then...it won't stay like that otherwise it will change the future. Look at Rose's dad, he knew he had to die, he knew today was the day.

But why be so happy when everyone lives, but only that one time, it can't stay like that, what's there to be happy about?

Jamie is better off dead or behind that mask, he will knew Nancy is his mummy, not sister & all the other people with masks on still exists, they already existed when the Dr & Rose came to London that time didn't they?

This is something about Dr Who I do not get, & why does he travel about if she can't get anything out of it? Does he do it for information?

reverence
I know Peter Davidson he was the 5th dr i think and his ex wife and daughter we sing the theme song to him its very funny

MildPossession
She does get something out of it, she gets to see the future, the past and lots of other things she would never see if she didn't go with him, that would be enough for me lol!

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Solo
I've downloaded every episode. Good stuff.
You can download them? Where?
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I enjoyed todays show, apart from the dancing at the end. Naff as hell.

And was it me or did the Doctor lose it and suddenly go all camp in the last ten minutes?

The music does rock though. I love the start of it, that "Eeeeeeeeeeeeoooowwww" sound. I love the fact it's still very retro.
Dance was a bit corny... erm when did he lose it at the last 10 minutes, how? What "Eeeeeeeooooooowwwww" sound!? blink

Ushgarak
Look at next week's episode, this huge ugly thing hides in bodies...that will surely scare young ones. But it's OK for aged 12. There have been previous monsters in Dr Who, violence too.

I didn't get yesterdays's episode though...even though they can change the past then...it won't stay like that otherwise it will change the future. Look at Rose's dad, he knew he had to die, he knew today was the day.

But why be so happy when everyone lives, but only that one time, it can't stay like that, what's there to be happy about?

Jamie is better off dead or behind that mask, he will knew Nancy is his mummy, not sister & all the other people with masks on still exists, they already existed when the Dr & Rose came to London that time didn't they?

This is something about Dr Who I do not get, & why does he travel about if she can't get anything out of it? Does he do it for information?

No, the mask people are all cured.

The point of Doctor Who is that you can change anything... ONCE. You can't go through the same thing you have experienced more than once. Rose had already experienced a life with her Dad dead and changed that- hence cock-up.

As the Doctor said, obviously it would have occurred to him to go back and save his people. But he can't- the Doctor Who rule is that you only get one bite of the apple. Even the Daleks refused to break that rule.

But the whole 'gas masks in London' thing they had never had any interaction with before, and so they could change it.

And even that, the Doctor's people considered dodgy, though he managed to convince them that it was ok to do it on altruistic grounds.

Blue Dragon
No, the mask people are all cured.

The point of Doctor Who is that you can change anything... ONCE. You can't go through the same thing you have experienced more than once. Rose had already experienced a life with her Dad dead and changed that- hence cock-up.

As the Doctor said, obviously it would have occurred to him to go back and save his people. But he can't- the Doctor Who rule is that you only get one bite of the apple. Even the Daleks refused to break that rule.

But the whole 'gas masks in London' thing they had never had any interaction with before, and so they could change it.

And even that, the Doctor's people considered dodgy, though he managed to convince them that it was ok to do it on altruistic grounds.
I see, are you saying if Rose saved her dad the first time around he would have lived? I see how that episode works now, I wondered why those monsters were about...it's because he was ment to be dead, the first time if me was saved it wouldn't have happened, is that right?

So now Jamie lives...forever, well not like that but he lives on...I wondered why he said "20 years 'till pop music you're gonna love it." if he wasn't going to be around...yeah.

Why can't he go back to his people? As he already tried to save them once but failed, after that...well we would know what would happen wouldn't we.

@F1
My Fav Episodes are: The Mannaquins, Charles Dickons Era and WW2.
The final 2 sees the return of the Daleks, and a futurisitc, Robotic, Anne Robinson in the Weakest Link. And Mr Ecclestons demise, as he is only doing the one series, which is a shame, as he is quite good.

Blue Dragon
I am confused here also, the next episode it looks to be the future, with Weakest Link on tv & replaced by robots but...if it's the future wouldn't there be no Daleks because the last one destroyed itself a while back...?

@F1
I think the Daleks are part of a futuristic game.

Grand Mage Gav
If the Daleks wernt in it the seris would be a loss most of the episodes have been really bad so far i.e. end of the world,unquiet dead the one whith the news thing.

But im a hardcore fan and this new doctor annoys me as does the writer he is S**T

Grand Mage Gav
I am confused here also, the next episode it looks to be the future, with Weakest Link on tv & replaced by robots but...if it's the future wouldn't there be no Daleks because the last one destroyed itself a while back...?

think about iit dr who whithout the Daleks

@F1
Knock Knock:
Who's there:
Doctor:
Doctor Who smile

Blue Dragon
laughing out loud
Originally posted by Grand Mage Gav
think about iit dr who whithout the Daleks
I know...
Originally posted by @F1
I think the Daleks are part of a futuristic game.
It doesn't answer my question though... confused

Konjammenson
Tom Baker was my favorite Doctor. I love Dr Who so much!

Ushgarak

I think we'll find that's a small twist.

Mind you, that being in 200000 AD, the Daleks must have been gone for quite some time, as Captain Jack recognises them as extinct and he's from the 51st century.

Meanwhille, yes, the Doctor can't save his people because he's already been there and done it once already.

Ushgarak
Mind you, in the preview Jack said he recognised the Dalek ships, so either a. they haven't changed much, b. he saw them whilst time travelling, or c. the Daleks are time travelling. All three are actually possible.

Blue Dragon
I think we'll find that's a small twist.

Mind you, that being in 200000 AD, the Daleks must have been gone for quite some time, as Captain Jack recognises them as extinct and he's from the 51st century.

Meanwhille, yes, the Doctor can't save his people because he's already been there and done it once already.

Mind you, in the preview Jack said he recognised the Dalek ships, so either a. they haven't changed much, b. he saw them whilst time travelling, or c. the Daleks are time travelling. All three are actually possible.
They were wipped out when Bruno Langly was in wasn't it? The last one destroyed itself. A Dr Who fan Andrew, at my school, days you can't prove that that Dalek was the last one, they could be hidden away somewhere.

What do you mean "They haven't changed much." & "He saw them whilst time travelling."? It doesn't say why the Daleks are back. But yes if they time travel also...wait...they can't if they don't exist...AH MY BRAIN HURTS!

Dr Who...Science Fiction...it's all confusing if you ask me but I do love it. You can't beat Sci Fiction.

Ushgarak
My point is that the twist is that they are not extinct after all, yes?

But if this saturday's episode is, as it seems to be, back on the station where Simon Pegg was the bad guy, that dates the episode to 200000 AD, yes?

Now, as Harkness says he thought they were extinct too, and he is from the 51st century, then if they were already thought extinct by then, then not turning up until the year 200000 is a bit of a long time to be out, yes?

Yet Harkness also recognises their ships. Which therefore leaves the three possibilities I left above.

Crisis
Love doctor who!

new series is the best in my opion... although the tom barker one was good

Best episode is 10:The Lost Child... it's so f'ing scary!

Blue Dragon
I'm still dazzed... wacko

grey fox
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they finished the first series now where will i get my weekly doctor who fix

Ushgarak
That's life, I am afraid!

Next stop, Christmas. Meanwhile, latest rumour is that a third series is being comissioned, before the filming of the second!

A modern day triumph for the BBC... about bloody time.

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah, apparently they're planning another x-mas special and a third series already.

wozzy_the_dark
an billie piper is doin all of the second series, captain jack will return in second half of new series, and apparently the cybermen make an appearence
love the last episode - still a bit confused with bad wolf though confused
david tennant looks good as the new doctor

@F1
'So, were was I, oh yes, Barcelona.'

Loved the final episode! I didn't think they would be able to make the Daleks convincing or scary in this day and age, but they did. Like the Doctor said 'there insane'. There was great one liners 'Rose I think you need a Doctor'. Farewell Christopher Eccleston, Hello David Tennant.

MildPossession
The series is going to be missed on saturday nights sad have to wait till Christmas. I am soooooo happy they didn't kill Jack off, love him in Doctor Who, and happy to hear he makes an appearence in the next series.

@F1
He's definitley Jack the Lad.

wozzy_the_dark
did anyone fully work out Bad Wolf. Im still a little confused at to what it is

Blue Dragon
Bad Wolf I do not know what it is...the kind Dalek said it was nothing to do with them...

Billie is leaving Doctor Who...you lot say she's in it. Is that partly? In the paper it says she's leaving so...

Xmas will be here soon, xmas always comes quickly! wink
Jack in it also?

KMC kaz larner is all over David Tennant! laughing

kaz larner
oh blue dragon ur in sooooo nuch troble now!!! big grin and anyway is he the new doctor cuz if so hes well nice big grin

SpikeSpiegel
Billie Piper was going to leave after a couple of episodes, but they begged her to stay and offered her loads of money, so she was going to stay on for seven. Now she's in for the whole of series 2. And Jack's going to return for series 2 and 3, but won't be in the first "block" of episodes of series 2.

@F1
/\ Thats what I read.

Bad Wolf I do not know what it is...the kind Dalek said it was nothing to do with them...

I think is was a message Rose made herself, so she could help the Doctor, I do'nt no the significance of it been Bad Wolf. What do you mean kind dalek, The Emperor Dalek said ' it wasn't part of his design', or are you talking about the suicidal Dalek from the previous episode?

wozzy_the_dark
how could rose make the message herself??

SpikeSpiegel
When she joined with the TARDIS she used her powers over space and time to place the words Bad Wolf around the places they'ld been in order to let her know of the link between her and the doctor so that she could go forward in time to rescue Jack and the Doctor. I'm guessing that the words Bad Wolf originally came from the satalite and thats how she came up with that name to place around.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by kaz larner
oh blue dragon ur in sooooo nuch troble now!!! big grin and anyway is he the new doctor cuz if so hes well nice big grin
I thought you already knew he is the new Doctor, you wouldn't shut up about the new Doctor when I was walking with you...
Originally posted by @F1
/\ Thats what I read.

I think is was a message Rose made herself, so she could help the Doctor, I do'nt no the significance of it been Bad Wolf. What do you mean kind dalek, The Emperor Dalek said ' it wasn't part of his design', or are you talking about the suicidal Dalek from the previous episode?
Kind, oh dear! I ment king, you know the, "God of the Daleks." Sorry to confuse you...kind Daleks...who ever heard such a thing? roll eyes (sarcastic)

@F1
Kind, oh dear! I meant king, you know the, "God of the Daleks." Sorry to confuse you...kind Daleks...who ever heard such a thing? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blas-phem-y! Blas-phem-y! Blas-phem-y!

Sniper_sloth
Dr. Who was an excellent show. I liked the very first series myself. The Cybermen and the Daleks kicked hella ass. Although in my opinion the most badly performed villain was Omega. He had a lot of potential, but they screwed it up big time.

Red Superfly
Do not blaspheme! Do not blaspheme!

grey fox
I-AM-A-GOD (he should have walked around that would have been cool)

Blue Dragon
I want to see al the other Doctor Whos. Problem is I wasn't exactly around when other Doctors were around. Well maybe the last one before Christopher....but if so I was young. 16 years ago...were there other Doctors?

SpikeSpiegel
William Hartnell was the First Doctor, in 1963 - 1966
Patrick Troughtton was the Second Doctor, in 1966 - 1969
Jon Pertwee was the Third Doctor, in 1970 - 1974
Tom Baker was the Forth Doctor, in 1974 - 1981
Peter Davidson was the Fifth Doctor, in 1982 - 1984
Colin Baker was the Sixth Doctor, in 1984 - 1986
Sylvester McCoy was the Seventh Doctor, in 1987 - 1996(Though his last full adventure was in 1989)
Paul McGann was the Eighth Doctor, in the 1996 TV movie
Christipher Eccleston was the Ninth Doctor, in 2005
David Tennant is the Tenth Doctor.

So it's likely that other than the movie you won't have seen any of the others. Unless you have Sky - some of the old ones are shown early on the weekends. At the minute they're up to the Fifth Doctor's adventures.

@F1
If your including Paul McGann, then you should include Peter Cushing, as a TV Movie Doctor.

Ushgarak
Err, not true. Paul McGann is officially the Eighth Doctor, Peter Cushing isn't in continuity at all.

@F1
He beat the Daleks and Dracula, he deserves to be in :P

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
William Hartnell was the First Doctor, in 1963 - 1966
Patrick Troughtton was the Second Doctor, in 1966 - 1969
Jon Pertwee was the Third Doctor, in 1970 - 1974
Tom Baker was the Forth Doctor, in 1974 - 1981
Peter Davidson was the Fifth Doctor, in 1982 - 1984
Colin Baker was the Sixth Doctor, in 1984 - 1986
Sylvester McCoy was the Seventh Doctor, in 1987 - 1996(Though his last full adventure was in 1989)
Paul McGann was the Eighth Doctor, in the 1996 TV movie
Christipher Eccleston was the Ninth Doctor, in 2005
David Tennant is the Tenth Doctor.

So it's likely that other than the movie you won't have seen any of the others. Unless you have Sky - some of the old ones are shown early on the weekends. At the minute they're up to the Fifth Doctor's adventures.
They do show it on UK Gold on weekends. Yeah that's fine...considering it should be on at a later time! mad I am not getting up at 7:00am on weekends!

SpikeSpiegel
Watch it at 8:00 on UK Gold +1 stick out tongue

Blue Dragon
*Sigh* no way....

Gabrial
I know this might sound weird, not that I'm old or anything, but i thought that Christopher E was kinda cute. the mad grins that he did. Such a shame that he's 40.

OK. got some questions for you smart people!

Ive been watching Doctor Who since i can remember( my dad watches) and i have always wondered......

1. What is the Doctors real shape. and don't say the human shape cos hes clearly not human.

2. can he ever really ever truly die.

3.why did he survive when all the other time lords died.

Thats all i can think of at the time. wink

BENITO
Originally posted by Gabrial
I know this might sound weird, not that I'm old or anything, but i thought that Christopher E was kinda cute. the mad grins that he did. Such a shame that he's 40.

Ive been watching Doctor Who since i can remember( my dad watches) and i have always wondered......

1. What is the Doctors real shape. and don't say the human shape cos hes clearly not human.

1. the Timelords can choose to appear in any form they choose so no one know

2. When they run out of regenerations traditionally they only got 8 but they're been 10 Doctors

3. Don't know.

Gabrial
We only just had Doctor number 9 "die" last night. Is the new guy any good? And is it just me or is it really annoying how there all like " wow, we thought we killed those guys. we'll just have to kill them all over again." And then later on, they/ there race, re-apears and they have to kill them all over again. AAARRRRRRHHHHH!!!!

BENITO
We only just had Doctor number 9 "die" last night. Is the new guy any good? And is it just me or is it really annoying how there all like " wow, we thought we killed those guys. we'll just have to kill them all over again." And then later on, they/ there race, re-apears and they have to kill them all over again. AAARRRRRRHHHHH!!!!

you hate the regenerations of themconfused

Gabrial
well its starting to get annoying. there is only so many times they can have a 'bad' person/people come back from the grave.

Ushgarak

1, Yes, his shape IS Human. His inner physiology is different- two hearts, respiratory bypass system (basically a spare windpipe), non-human blood type, symbiotic nucleus in his brain... but he looks as human from the outside as anyone, which is why he originally hid on Earth after stealing the TARDIS, because he could fit in there.

2. Yes he can. Regeneration takes effort and so can only be performed when you are dying, not dead. Cut his head off, blow him to pieces, disintegrate him... and it is too late. Secondly, a Time Lord can only renegerate 12 times (though a possible plot gate has been opened before that can extend that).

3. Why he survived the Time War is unclear- just as exactly what happened in it is also unclear, and also as to where are the Time Lords that, like the Doctor, were not part of Time Lord society sre (his granddaughter Susan, for example, on Earth in the 22nd century).

As to whether David Tennant will be as good as Christopher Eccleston, only time will tell- but he is a huge Doctor Who fan and I have liked him in other things I have seen.

Meanwhile, I do agree, Gabriel- they can ony pull the plotline "The Daleks are all dead/oh wait no they are not" so many times before it becomes tiresome. We shall see what the upcoming Christmas special and then the second series bring- but the Cybermen are coming back, which is good news.

Gabrial
Ushgarak,

But if he was such a 'goodie goodie' why did he steal the TARDAS?And what do you mean by "fit in there"? How did he steal it and why wasnt he fighting with the rest of his people. At least he addmitted several time that hes chicken. He carrys himself like hes a good person, helping the people of earth but really hes making matters worse!

Ushgarak
The Doctor is a renegade from his people, because he believes evil should be fought, whilst 99% of the time all the Time Lords did was sit and observe. For committing the cardinal sin of the Time Lords- interfering with the time lines- the Doctor a wanted criminal to the Time Lords and was twice caught and put on trial; his defence in the first case is exactly wehat I said above- that evil should be fought. That said, it is unclear if that was why he originally left; whilst hiding on Earth in his first incarnation he was not fighting evil at the time so more likely he just wanted to travel, which was also not allowed.

And by 'fit in' I mean that in order to stay inconspicuous he chose a planet where the people looked liked him (and his companion Susan, whom he called his Granddaughter), in a time of no consequence (the 1960s). The first Doctor Who episode ever began with the premise of Susan's school teachers becoming suspicious of her apparently enormous intellect (and, in a neat risk by the writers, thinking that decimilisation had already occurred (at the time of writing it hadn't, you see, but it did a few years later)) and following her home one day, and so finding the TARDIS (which had landed in a junkyard as a Police Box, and then the chameleon device had promptly packed in, though the Doctor didn't realise that until he moved somewhere in that episode).

It has indeed been known for the Doctor's intervention to do more harm than good but he tries his best.

shaber
Why don't the time lords pick on the Master. What would they make of that "interloper."

Ushgarak
He's wanted for more crimes than are comfortably listable, but they never seem to be able to catch him.

Something worth nothing about the Time Lords- because they never DO anything, they aren't actually very experienced, powerful and ancient as they are.

Of course, the Doctor thinks all the Time Lords are dead, which includes the Master, though this wouldn't be the first time the Master was thought dead.

Gabrial
But if his WHOLE race was classed as 'The TimeLords' woudnt they mess each others 'times'? and if they werent aloud to travel through the time line, why were they called Timelords in the first place. arnt they just really smart people who figured out how to travel through time and space? what makes them so special from us..........except for the smartness..........and the regenerating thingy...............and the uncanny English accent and wit. ( Why DO they all, goodies and badies, come from England?? Whats wrong with us Australians???? Am i asking to many questions?)

Ushgarak
Well, that's part of the thing with the Time Lords- it is the main complaint the Doctor has with them; they have all this power but their cardinal rule is to never use it. They nbever leave Gallifrey.

(There are, of course, rare occasions when the Time Lords DO get involved, but these ar eall specific plot points around stories).

The point at which the Time Lords set up their rule of non-interference is after they once tried to help the historical development of a race, and that race then destroyed itself prematurely with advanced weapons.

Fair enough, but the Doctor does not see that as justification for letting evil races go unfought.

And indeed, in a very rare event, it was the Time Lords who sent the 4th Doctor back to the point of creation of the Daleks to see if he could do anything about them- to either avert their creation or affect their development. The creator of the new Doctor Who says that he sees this as having been the first move in the Time War.

As they have not given much info about the Time War, we don't know when (relatively) it picked up again (that story, Genesis of the Daleks, having been from the 70s) and why and how, but do be sure, that was a VERY rare event for the Time Lords to become involved.

There is also this hazy notion that the Time Lords do not mind the Doctor meddling on Earth- indeed, at his first trial (he got off the second on a technicality) he pleaded that his work needed to be done, and the Time Lords considered this and said ok, but ONLY on Earth and ONLY in one time, which led to the following series of stories (the first few stories of the Third Doctor) being set entirely on Earth, helping UNIT fight aliens. That punishment was later lifted after the Doctor did the Time Lords a favour, but they clearly never liked him running around and doing stuff, except on Earth.

As to why they always come from England... it must be fate. Same reason aliens keep attacking England- stupid of them really, as that's where the Doctor always is. Even the American and Australian companions over time hgave been english people doing accents- however, Captain Jack is a genuine Yank, and the series has had a story in the States (first time ever, I believe) so we shall see if things change.

Now... as to why the Doctor, as a time traveller, cannot go back to a time to when his people were alive- just as he demonstrates to Rose in the second story, showing her the end of the Earth and then going back again, we don't know. The suggestion is that the Time Lords have been erased from time itself.

Gabrial
Wow! you know your stuff. you didn't help to produce the series or anything, did you??????

Everything still annoys me but at least now know more about Doctor Who than my dad!

Does the Doctor have a real name or is that his name. or is all the time lords named after Earth professionals. "Doctor"........... "lawyer"............."Teacher"............"plummer".................

Ushgarak
I am afraid I am just a nerdy fan.

He does have a real name, yes, but no-one knows it- some Time Lord names are pretty hostile in English, apparently.

He likes to just be known as the Doctor because he sees himself as an expert in just about everything. Likewise, The Master took on his title as a reflection of his ambitions.

Gabrial
The Doctor must have a big ego then if he thinks hes good at everything. From what you have said the doctor sounds more and more like a...........how can i say this without 'getting in trouble'............a bum! He sounds like a know it all who doesnt know it all, hes made his fair share of mistakes! And the stange thing is that i never saw him with a big ego when the series were on, new or old, but now i can see wisps of it when i think back.

This may soung dumb from a non-'nerdy fan' but who's the master?

Gabrial
And ive only just seen........Youve been a member since 2000??!? wow. you must have been a bored kid! No life like me?

Ushgarak
Pretty much.

Don't lose sight of the amount of heroic things the Doctor has done!

The Master is another renegade Time Lord, but where the Doctor left to go and try and do good, the Master left to try and conquer the Universe.

Gabrial
I admit that the Doctor has done some great things but he takes his time in getting them right and trys all the wrong ways first, making me think that he doesnt know what hes doing most of the time. and that, going back to what we were talking about before, makes him sound very human like. maybe hes been on Earth for too long and its starting to rub off on him!

Charlie8
I think the new series is wicked. It's got loads of action and the special effects are cool. I didn't use to like Dr Who cause the old one's just weren't scary or, well, not much happened. But the new series is proper good and even though it aint exactly scary, it's still a flippin good show.

Gabrial
Too right!

'Loved' the old special effects on the old series! ( so bad, so very bad!)

Jack Carter
One of my favourite shows. My favourite Doctor was the Third Doctor played by Jon Pertwee. My other favourite character is The Master (especially the 12th Master played bt Roger Delgado and The 13th Master played by Anthony Ainley).

The new series has been somewhat disapointing....

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Jack Carter
One of my favourite shows. My favourite Doctor was the Third Doctor played by Jon Pertwee. My other favourite character is The Master (especially the 12th Master played bt Roger Delgado and The 13th Master played by Anthony Ainley).

The new series has been somewhat disapointing....

Roger Delgado was the 13th. Anthony Ainley was the 13th+2.

I see nothing disappointing about the new series.

Gabrial
So wish Christopher Eccelston had decided to stay for longer than one series. really liked him as a doctor. loved the mad grin that he did and the one- liners. here at the moment the series has finished so we are waiting to see how the new guy goes (we also wanna see the dogs with no noses!!!) what is the rumor going round that rose ( billie piper) is getting the boot?? i hope she does go, she really annoys me and shes not pretty and she is playing a 18/19 y.o when clearly she is too old to play the part!

Ushgarak
There is no indication that Christopher was ever asked to do more than one series- they had booked up David Tenant way before the series started airing and had that regeneration scene shot as well; it seems that he was always meant as a one-series intro Doctor.

Billie was going to leave midway through the second series, but it seems she will do all of it now.

Gabrial
miffed Dont like her!

Ush: You really scare the writers over at the unwatched writing area!!! Very funny to read.

So does the doctor like Rose, cos there is something there. with that " i think you need a doctor" line i was convinced. does anything else happen......... do they hook up?????? Hint??

Ushgarak
Heh- no, I very much doubt it. Talk about age difference...

Gabrial
Yeh but his human body isnt very old-(new doctor is about 30??) thats gotta count for something?? there is definantly something there!!

Blue Dragon
I've been taping it on BBC3, yeah! big grin

darth-yoda
what exactly is bad wolf

Gabrial
The TARDAS is the bad wolf. the 'time vortex' which IS the TADAS

Blue Dragon
What is the TARDAS? Something to do with when time travelling. My favourite episode was when Rose meets her dad, very sad. The Doctor should have told her, when going back in time once, that is the time when you can change something.

She should have saved him the first time & not the second time. The London war one was really dull, very boring. And I messed up! Tried taping it on Sunday, only 15 minutes was left of the tape, so...you know the rest.... mad Grrrrr!

Now I can't tape the rest of them because I've missed that one (Doctor Dances.) These are the repeats so doubt they'll be on again, because there's no time. BBC3 will have to repeat the new Doctor Who coming xmas... sad

Fëanor
i used to watch Dr. Who back when the guy playing it was like the brit version of Gene Wilder, okay..bit of a stretch cause i forgot his name...embarrasment

haven't seen any of the new series and from what i've read so far, doesn't look like i will. i'm very fond of the old series, and well...that movie with Eric Roberts was just very bad!!!

Blue Dragon
They're getting younger, the Doctors. My mum said they are, which they are! You'll get a 19 year old next playing the Doctor (after David that is.)

Ushgarak
Your loss, Feanor. Any fan of the original who actively does not like the new one has just lost all perspective. You can PREFER the original, but it's silly to deny that this has been a well-designed piece of action drama for the family, moulding modern drama techniques with all the classical feel of Doctor Who.

The TARDIS- more a travelling dimension than what you might think of as a conventional spaceship- is a space/time capable vessel that is one of many built by the Time Lords.

Odd view aboiut the Empty Child (the WWII one)- it is generally agreed to be the best of the new series.

And the Doctors are not getting younger; Peter Davsion was the youngest, then Colin Baker was older than him, and Sylvester McCoy was older than HIM, and then thety started to go back again with Paul McGann... he's simply variable.

Blue Dragon
What about the first Doctor? What I've seen, he looks the oldest.

Blue Dragon
Did anyone see the Christmas special?

CrazyEyes
Doctor Who is outstanding. I started watching from the first episode in 2005 and I've never looked back. David Tennant is now my Doctor as he is 10x better than Christopher Eccleston as he looks and acts like he's on a sugar rush constantly and it's always good to have a main character who can make you laugh. I've got a number of the novels and have read the more recent ones; including Atom Bomb Blues, World Games and the Gallifreyan Chronicles, which is an excellent book which does lead from the Eighth Doctor to the Ninth.
The class series is the best era as the show is aimed at an older audience than today and the Doctors are unmissable in their acting. The 1st being the old willian Hartnell, to my personal favourites Tom Baker and Peter Davision. The show it here to stay now, and I hope it is for many years to come. Anyone have any questions about the old or new show, let me know and I'll try to answer them.

Ushgarak
Well, The Gallifrey Chronicles desperately tries to re-establish continuity, but let's face it, the book continuity is a total mess and the tv series will ignore it. I doubt you will find Russell Davis accepting that 'War of the Daleks' ever happened.

anthonystop18
Hi everyone just wanted to know what u liked about the episode of doctor who that was on last night.

also tell me wat u think will happen to the doctor in the last episode and wat will happen to rose

thanks very much

from anthony big grin Happy Dance laughing stick out tongue cool eek!

JacopeX
wrong forum

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>