JEJ as vader's voice?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kashmircat
Has it been confirmed anywhere that james earl jones is doing vader's voice in the last part of the film? there's a bit in the final chapter of the making revenge of the sith book, where christensen is doing adr and lucas tells him to do a scream that will cut into a scene about padme, and also some breathing. please tell me that they're not going to just edit hayden's voice...

Jedi Priestess
No confirmation.......but Hayden did say this morning it wasnt his voice.

tlbauerle
JEJ doesn't even pop up on IMDB yet...so who knows. I've heard the same rumor about tinkering with Hayden's voice....and haven't been thrilled so far...

I can't really image that they won't use James Earl Jones....how could they not?

Stunrun
hey, as long as it sounds like the Vader we all know 'n love, thats good enough for mesmile but it would seem pretty pointless and dumb if it isnt JEJ

DeVi| D0do
It sounded to me like JEJ at the end of the Video game Footage...

but I could be wrong...

I don't really care if it's JEJ or not... like Stunrun said, so long as it sounds like Vader I'm happy.

ayjay
Darth Vader's voice is known by millions and millions of people....It would be suicide to use anyone else cept JEJ

palpy_666
I doubt Lucas and all the people working on III would allow a mediocre sounding Vader through. For instance.. do you really think they would let a Vader with the voice of Christopher Lowell or Richard Simmons through? laughing out loud

JKozzy
Originally posted by tlbauerle
JEJ doesn't even pop up on IMDB yet...so who knows. I've heard the same rumor about tinkering with Hayden's voice....and haven't been thrilled so far...

I can't really image that they won't use James Earl Jones....how could they not? He doesn't need to be on IMDB. It has been said that some will have uncredited roles. This easily could be JEJ.

Sith Master X
But why wouldn't they credit JEJ? erm If that's the case.

Jedi Priestess
Because they didnt credit him before. At his own request I believe.

Sith Master X
Really? I was never aware of that.

Torik_Shai
Didn't the get JEJ to record new dialogue for a Vader toy for C3? Why would they have him do that and not do dialogue for the film?

LandoSpeeder2
No, Mathew Wood is doing Vaders voice like he is for GG stick out tongue

BAILY
Um.... yeah it HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR SOME TIME that James Earl Jones is doing the voice of Darth Vader... he recorded his lines in February.. so it wasnt him in the teaser trailer.... but JEJ himself confirmed this on an early morning show a month or two ago... i heard it myself

dms6117
Originally posted by BAILY
Um.... yeah it HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR SOME TIME that James Earl Jones is doing the voice of Darth Vader... he recorded his lines in February.. so it wasnt him in the teaser trailer.... but JEJ himself confirmed this on an early morning show a month or two ago... i heard it myself

Did anyone capture this interview?

Mist
you doubt the bailster?

palpy_666
Originally posted by Mist
you doubt the bailster?

I don't know this "bailster" but I sure as hell don't doubt him/her/it! Yeah, I kinda thought JEJ was confirmed as the voice of Vader.

dms6117
I found this video of JEJ from a Early Show interview from not too long ago, and no mention of ROTS sad http://video.cgi.cbsnews.com/video/video.pl?url=/media/2005/04/15/video688475.wmv&sid=500202&dart=news.video

HAROLD
Um.... yeah it HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR SOME TIME that James Earl Jones is doing the voice of Darth Vader... he recorded his lines in February.. so it wasnt him in the teaser trailer.... but JEJ himself confirmed this on an early morning show a month or two ago... i heard it myself trudat

JKozzy
The Bailster never lies no2

vader519
I also heard JEJ confirm it on the orning show as well.

BAILY
there ya go... thanks for backing me up vader519.....

vader519
No problem Bailey.

tlbauerle
I think JEJ was credited in either both ESB and ROTJ...or just JEDI. In the new version of ANH...he is credited....I don't think he would go uncredited this time around....

Nice to hear about the confirmation on that morning show....

BAILY
There was a thread on the confirmation of JEJ as vader in ROTS... but I am sure the mods deleted or closed it bc there were so many threads on JEJ as Vader.... must have gone the way of the dinosaurs tho if most of you didnt know JEJ was confirmed as Vader

Batman316
There was a thread on the confirmation of JEJ as vader in ROTS... but I am sure the mods deleted or closed it bc there were so many threads on JEJ as Vader.... must have gone the way of the dinosaurs tho if most of you didnt know JEJ was confirmed as Vader

bah! those damnable mods always closing useless threads that we're going to need months into the future!!

*shakes fist at the heavens

Darth Subjekt
you know whats funny...about a week ago, JEJ WAS on IMDB, i searched him and ROTS and he was on both. For Sit, you had to click the "(more..)" button and he was in th emiddle. But when todd said he wasnt i checked again and he's off now. But i am positive thathe was on there cause me and my boy at work were talking about it saying its good to KNOW that he was doing the voice.

Darth Plagueis
Listen to the trailer, that "Yes my master" is not some computer magic, and noone on the planet could have said that, like that, except for James Earl Jones!!

woman_beater69
If JEJ is going to rerecord new lines for these crappy re-releases and do commercials he's going to return for the final STAR WARS prequel. I'm sorry. That's just common sense. He's doing it.

It's not much to really get hyped over about anyway. He talks for only a few seconds at the end. His lines are...

"Yes, my Master" and then, "Where's Padme, Is she safe? Is she alright?" Then we all know what happens, Palps tells him about how she died by his (Anakin's) own hand and he freaks out: "Noooooo!"

Probably ten or twenty seconds all together.

Mist
yo baily, happy birthday....my msn was screwing up and wouldnt log on beforesad

Mist
Originally posted by woman_beater69
If JEJ is going to rerecord new lines for these crappy re-releases and do commercials he's going to return for the final STAR WARS prequel. I'm sorry. That's just common sense. He's doing it.

It's not much to really get hyped over about anyway. He talks for only a few seconds at the end. His lines are...

"Yes, my Master" and then, "Where's Padme, Is she safe? Is she alright?" Then we all know what happens, Palps tells him about how she died by his (Anakin's) own hand and he freaks out: "Noooooo!"

Probably ten or twenty seconds all together.

im worried about his dialogue...it sounds a bit woosy for vader.....i hope it comes off good though

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by woman_beater69

Probably ten or twenty seconds all together. I think at the very end he also asks Tarkin if he is one of the undead.
stick out tongue

Mist
does tarkin have any other scenes other than the end? how does he 'hold vader's leash' if hes just a moff?

Darth Plagueis
Odd that they are seen together at the end of this one, and are both together when we see them 20 years later...

Mist
anakin figures, padme is dead...tarkin can be his brideeek!

woman_beater69
I just threw up

Mist
did the aftertaste taste good?stick out tongue

tlbauerle
Actually...in the trailer I thought that was Hayden...wasn't it?

Mist
*waves hand*

there will be no more discussion on this topic...

eleveninches
JEJ just HAS to be the voice of Vader in ep3. He IS the voice of vader. Using hayden's voice would be nothing short of blashphemy

mossman
Originally posted by tlbauerle
Actually...in the trailer I thought that was Hayden...wasn't it?

Hayden was in the trailer, but it was just for the trailer.
The dialogue heard in the teaser was actually the dialogue from the scene where Anakin recieves the name "Vader" in the Chancellor's office, shortly after the Mace duel.
The "suited Vader" effect was added just for the trailer, just so that it matched the imagary it accompanied.
It will just be Hayden's voice au naturel in the movie.

JEJ will probably provide suited Vader's few lines at the end of the movie.

tlbauerle
Thanks...that's exactly what I thought it was...

brendy
In Either EMPIRE or TOTAL FILM magazine(cant remember which one) there was a little interview with JEJ and it said he was delighted to come back to do Vaders voice.

BAILY
Hahahahaha.... more proof of what I have been saying... thanks brendy...

Mods... close this damn thread already

brendy
Anytime.

Envious Eyes
JEJ had better be VADER in Ep III since he recorded dialog for "Robots!"

kiadimundijedi
rock OLD NEWS ROCKS OUT WITH ITS C0CK OUT rock

davishl
just wanted to say before i leave, to the people (you know who you are) who responded to my thread...it might be nice to try and be a little tolerant to newcomers next time. I am obviously not talking about you kashmir, but I saw that those people had responded to yours too.

DeVi| D0do
nah

Mist
laughing out loud

tlbauerle
How about you tolerate my foot up your ass??? No real offense to you...but FFS...READ THE DAMN BOARD BEFORE POSTING. Chances are you aren't the only one with the same question...

rubber dickie
saves a lot of newbies, the search function does. yoda1

BAILY
You know it is sad whenever I report a topic to the mods, they never do anything about it.... typical modship here at KMC... and that is why I dont post much anymore.... bc no one listens to me.. i listen to each and everyone of you and I respect all of you people too... it is just sad... really sad...

MOTHERBOX
I cant belive peeps still dont think it will be JEJ he is soo the voice of vader.

BAILY
Yeah I know eh Motherbox?? jeez.. it is old news... get over it people!!

DeVi| D0do
You know it is sad whenever I report a topic to the mods, they never do anything about it.... typical modship here at KMC... and that is why I dont post much anymore.... bc no one listens to me.. i listen to each and everyone of you and I respect all of you people too... it is just sad... really sad...

I listen to ya BAILY cool

Gangularis
well the fact of the matter is that it was confirmed a very long time ago.. and then we heard hayden's voice in the trailer doing vader like jej... and we KNOW lucas to be one who changes things up a bit and does what he wants... so to be honest, although it was confirmed a very long time ago that jej would do it.. i think it's a possibility now that he may not.

after all that's gone on as of late, and no new confirmation or even news that he's recorded yet, the question is a question worth bringing up again.. it's definetly something i've been wondering about as of late. of course i didn't post the question because i knew a bunch of people would be making their smug little comments like "old news rocks" ect ect..

anyway, i appreciate the thread being opened, and i still don't think we have a definitive answer.

tlbauerle

Its because you stopped referring to yourself in the third person. cool

JKozzy
From IMDB:

James Earl Jones .... Darth Vader (voice) (uncredited)

That seems to be proof enough.

kremzike
I can tell you that his lines in Episode III simply MUST be him. You'll hear it Thursday. There's no doubt in my mind that it's JEJ in the film. He's uncredited, but it's impossible for you not to KNOW it's him once you hear it, particularly the "NOOOOOO!" he yells. Hayden's yell would be very different. If it somehow was truthfully revealed that it was an altered Hayden voice, i'd walk from Maryland to Skywalker Ranch, knock on GLs door, look him in the eyes and simply say, "Damn, yo." Then leave.

Gangularis
you saw the film?

kenobi2004
Yea it's JEJ voice...i'm 100% sure because george said it once in an interview on star wars website....so don't worry guys....still the old vader that we all liked

kremzike
Originally posted by Gangularis
you saw the film?

Yes. See here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t341814.html

BrianWilsonJedi
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/fullcredits

he is in it

Gangularis
"Cast (in credits order) complete, awaiting verification "

from that link...

let me know when that list of credits is on starwars.com

leowyatt
i went to http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=cast&id=1808406061
guess what JEJ is mentioned he's next to paul nicholson

Gangularis
Originally posted by Gangularis
"Cast (in credits order) complete, awaiting verification "

from that link...

let me know when that list of credits is on starwars.com

sigh...

Jedi Priestess
It quite possible he wont be credited in either the movie credits nor SW.com. That happened for one of the OT movies at his request.

Lazerlike42
USA Today's review from 5-16 says he is in it.

Darth Jayno
I waited and watched all the credits he had no mention. It definatley sounded like him though!

DeVi| D0do
It was James. As JP said, in one of the OT movies he requested not to be credited.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.