Tempest vs. Iceman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss.

GalacticStorm
what r his powers DC master?

kgkg
Tempest has enhanced strength and enhanced senses, due to his time spent in the ocean depths. As Aqualad, he had the ability to telepathically communicate with marine life, although that ability has been lost to him. As Tempest, he has the ability to control the temperature of water, from freezing ice to boiling hot. He also have mystical energy force beams which he channels from his eyes. Having spent years under Atlan's tutelage, Garth may possess other mystical mage-like abilities that have not been revealed.

Draco69
And he has recently obtained complete and utter control over water molecules. He can draw water molecules from the air to make ice and can even make water molecules by himself.

GalacticStorm
Without the mystical abilities id say iceman str8 away, however with them im left undecided. What has tempest done with these abilities so far?

kgkg
Originally posted by Draco69
And he has recently obtained complete and utter control over water molecules. He can draw water molecules from the air to make ice and can even make water molecules by himself.
That changes things lol

When did this happened?

Blair Wind
well then....sounds like an iceman on steriods......i usually cast my lot with iceman since theoritically he has yet to met his potiential and could at one day be even more powerful then Tempest (and a WHOLE lot of other people).....but im go with tempest for now.....

Draco69
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Without the mystical abilities id say iceman str8 away, however with them im left undecided. What has tempest done with these abilities so far?

Split the sea. Frozen organs. Created tsunamis. Suck people dry of moisture. Iceman isn't gonna hurt him. Anything he throws at him will just be like solar energy to Superman.

Draco69
Originally posted by kgkg
That changes things lol

When did this happened?

Since like 2001. Most people aren't aware of him.

The Flash
Tempest sounds like a good character.

Draco69
He is. But he carries the blasted Aquaman stigma.

GalacticStorm
Yeah but surely he can only evaporate iceman at the most which still leaves him free to fight. Plus isnt tempests body still flesh? If so cant iceman freeze that. Iceman can make it colder than he can right?

Draco69
No. He has complete control over water molecules. Temperature, shape, everything. If Iceman is turned to steam he can just turn him back to ice or rip the water molecules back to hydrogen and oxygen atoms. Tempest's body is still flesh. However he has complete control over his body's water as well. So freezing it won't work. Tempest can make water any temperture it can possibly be. Including absolute zero.

GalacticStorm
Id say it would come down to a battle of wills with iceman attacking tempests body. Tempest can evaporateand freeze iceman continuously over and over but so what? He'd still be fighting.

Draco69
He once reduced an entire lake to oxygen in order to get oxygen to some air-deprived people. Iceman would be just the same.

GalacticStorm
Who's to say iceman cant survive that. Its completely feasible that he could

Draco69
Iceman is water. Water isn't water without hydrogen. Iceman dies.

GalacticStorm
Iceman is still conscious and able to use his powers in a dispersed state and obviously in ice form so tempest wouldnt win that way. Also who is to say iceman couldnt survive being dispersed in such a way. Its completely feasible. I believe he cant be killed by anything less than psionic, mystical attack or one which destroys a large portion of his molecules.

Draco69
No. He isn't conscious. Why. Because's he's organic water. Which means that if Tempest destroys all the hydrogen molecules, Iceman ceasts to exist. What are saying? He has control over air too?

Blair Wind
are we fighting the same battle on two fronts???? i cant type that fast peoples!!!!!! lol.......i think that iceman if he had any common sense of his powers could take this...but as it is now.....tempest

Draco69
I agree. Just end the Titans vs. X-Men and keep it here.

Blair Wind
No. He isn't conscious. Why. Because's he's organic water. Which means that if Tempest destroys all the hydrogen molecules, Iceman ceasts to exist. What are saying? He has control over air too?

he's water vapor...which is in the air....and he has control over all molecules because to be able to draw all that moiusture from the air to do the stunts he regularly pulls off would destroy the planet.........so he freezes molecules in the air....(takes all motion from them)

Draco69
Until he does it in comics, (which he hasn't), then I wouldn't count on that. For god's sake people stop overrating Iceman. He's still throwing snowballs for goodness sake! If he was this friggin powerful he wouldn't have been owned by Elektra or the Brotherhood.

Blair Wind
he has the power....he just doesnt have the intelligence....there is a difference

Draco69
Exactly. Which is why he will lose to Tempest. And I won't even go into his awesome magical skills. He stalemated Dr. Fate once.

Blair Wind
i mean im adding a little bit of science to it.....but if he actually drew ALL that miousture from the air to just make his iceslides....there would be no humans cuz he took too much mouisture for us to live.....somebody much wiser was explaining it once to me.....

Draco69
Not to mention he just LEAVES them there for them to melt over people. Inconsiderate bastard.

Blair Wind
Not to mention he just LEAVES them there for them to melt over people. Inconsiderate bastard.

lol laughing

jrodslam
I just wanna start off by saying that Iceman is my favorite comic character. But in the teen titans comic that just recently came out where 2 dozen past and present titan members fought Dr.Light, didnt Tempest have both fire and ice abilities? He said that he froze all the water in Lights eyes, then heated them up. Tempest had like a fire hand and a ice hand. Anyone else have that comic?

Anyways, its kinda hard to say who would win. Is Tempest immune to all zub zero temperatures? If Bobby tries the old feeze the blood techniquem, can Tempest counter it? Can Tempest also create extreme temperatures as well? Iceman did Stalemate torch.

I need to know more about Tempest before I decide on a victor.

Draco69
Complete control over water molecules. And enormous magical abilities that rival Dr. Fate himself. Tempest does not have fire abilities those are just mystical representations of his powers.

Yes to all in the second paragraph.

Draco69
To make a REALLLLY easy analogy for this fight:

Tempest is to Magneto as Iceman is to Colossus.

GalacticStorm
i dont understand. explain. Oh yeah check your messages draco big grin

Draco69
Magneto has complete control over metal. Tempest has complete control over water molecules.

In other words, Iceman is Play-Doh to Tempest. He'll keep him as a slave or something.

jrodslam
Yes to all in second paragraph? How does Tempest counter that? Emma Frost counldnt even do it.

Draco69
Tempest has complete control over water molecules. Including its temperature.

The Flash
Emma doesn't have control over water molecules...or does she? >_>

jrodslam
Naw. I was just saying that cause shes a telepath, and could have easily rendered Iceman unconcious, or manipulated his mind somehow, but she wasnt even able to move and barely able to speak. Bobby had her on her hands and knees in 2 seconds.

Draco69
Well I'm guessing having your blood frozen would mess up your concentration. Besides he attacked first.

jrodslam
Yea thats my point. Im just wondering how Tempest would counter that.
You do have to concentrate to use certain powers.

Draco69
By manipulating the temperature as well. Freezing the blood woundn't do anything because of his marine heritage anyway.

Iceman has to concentrate to. His first attack is most likely going to be an ice beam. Then Tempest would reduce him to floating electrons.

jrodslam
Draco youre confusing me. Youre saying that because of Tempest's marine heritage, no blood flow to the brain wouldnt affect him? I dont get it?

Anyways, you stated that he stalemated Dr.Fate. And also that some of his powers are magic based. I think that may give him the slight edge over Bobby.

You still have to explain the mariine heritage stuff more though. Wouldnt he still need blood to the brain? Doesnt everybody?

Draco69
His marine hertiage means that is blood is more difficult to freeze. The guy can swim and breathe in below zero temperatures after all.

A slight edge? More like a HUGE edge. He's just turn Bobby into a garden gnome.

Iceman is like putty to Tempest. Anything Iceman tries is going to either rejuvenate Tempest or is going to be nulliefied. Tempest has COMPLETE control over water molecules. Iceman is currently made of organic ice (water) so Tempest can just turn him into oxygen. Or hydrogen. Or nothing. It's like a robot with a remote control. Tempest would control his every action. Not to mention Iceman is severely inexperienced with his powers. He's slow. Every other member of the original five X-Men has mastered their powers. Iceman is barely making progress. He doesn't have the smarts to beat Tempest. And won't have it for quite awhile. Maybe never.

jrodslam
Iceman has to concentrate to. His first attack is most likely going to be an ice beam. Then Tempest would reduce him to floating electrons.

I have to defend Iceman here. Dont you think youre being a bit unfair in saying that Tempest's fist attack will be a floating electron attack? Im sure he'd shoot a water beam as well. Or a magical fire wave of some sort. The floating electrons may be a last resort kinda move, just like the blood freeze dont you think?

Plus when Iceman did the blood freeze on Emma, that was his first move. Has he did it with his back turned towards her while looking out the window. No ice beams there. Just thought id mention that.

Draco69
Originally posted by jrodslam
I have to defend Iceman here. Dont you think youre being a bit unfair in saying that Tempest's fist attack will be a floating electron attack? Im sure he'd shoot a water beam as well. Or a magical fire wave of some sort. The floating electrons may be a last resort kinda move, just like the blood freeze dont you think?

Plus when Iceman did the blood freeze on Emma, that was his first move. Has he did it with his back turned towards her while looking out the window. No ice beams there. Just thought id mention that.

You're defending the impossible here. Tempest doesn't have "water beams" ??? Nor does he have "magical fire". ????? Tempest has COMPLETE control over water molecules. That means that he manipulates the water around him. The fists are just for show. They represent his dual nature.

Iceman HATES Emma. He was under extreme duress. He was impressive here. But he hasn't done anything like that for quite awhile. He still gets shot, shattered and blasted. The Brotherhood should have fallen like stones in the first panel. Iceman simply doesn't fight smartly. He ALWAYS uses ice beams. Why? Because he's incomptent. He's a slow learner.

jrodslam
Not to mention Iceman is severely inexperienced with his powers. He's slow. Every other member of the original five X-Men has mastered their powers. Iceman is barely making progress. He doesn't have the smarts to beat Tempest. And won't have it for quite awhile. Maybe never.

I dissagree with that statement. Iceman is way experienced with his powers. The rest of the original five mastered their powers cause they have a limit as seems. Iceman has yet to find his limit. I think hes come a long way since X-Men #1. How long has Tempest been around?

Draco69
I dissagree with that statement. Iceman is way experienced with his powers. The rest of the original five mastered their powers cause they have a limit as seems. Iceman has yet to find his limit. I think hes come a long way since X-Men #1. How long has Tempest been around?

Please. He's EXTREMELY underexperienced. He still doesn't do anything besides ice beams, ice structures and ice tracks. One show of freezing the blood isn't a conjecture for experience. Read Uncanny X-Men. What is he doing. Throwing Ice beams and surfing on Ice tracks. Big whoop. He's NOWHERE near his full potential.

Tempest has been fighting aliens, demi-gawds, and demons since he was twelve. He spent a large amount of his life with the Teen Titans. Then he spent about a hundred years in a dimension to untap his full potential. He now wields the Trident of Poseidon that can alter reality by a whim. Iceman is nowhere near his experience.

jrodslam
Yes Iceman gets shot, but he regenerates instantly. Can Tempest take a bullet?

He gets shattered and blasted, but he comes back together.
He fought smartly against Mammox and the giant Collective Man. Ahh well. I just reserve judgement until i see more Tempest in action.

And Wolverine does nothing but slash, Cyclops does nothing but shoot optic blasts. Iceman is more than just beams and slides. Hey to each his own.

Draco69
Yes Iceman gets shot, but he regenerates instantly. Can Tempest take a bullet?

He gets shattered and blasted, but he comes back together.
He fought smartly against Mammox and the giant Collective Man. Ahh well. I just reserve judgement until i see more Tempest in action.

Yes. His skin can withstand tens of thousands of tons of pressure underwater. A bullet aint gonna do sh**

He froze his tongue. He put the Collective Men on ice. As for the growing thing that was impressive. But compared to Tempest not very.

That would be wise.

DarkCrawler

Tempest has been fighting aliens, demi-gawds

Demi-gawds...? Are there more then one? Demigawd must be pretty uber if he can go toe to toe with Tempest.

Kinda like jplatinum. wink

Draco69
Dammit! Sorry, demi-gawd! You'd win for sure! smile

stormfront13
wow, i ike this tempest guy does anyone have a site or link about him??

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by stormfront13
wow, i ike this tempest guy does anyone have a site or link about him??

Best bio that you can ever probably find.

http://braveandthebold.net/characters/2043.html

Blair Wind
Well....I think that this thread deserves a second chance...because Iceman has complete control on STOPPING molecules, but does that mean that Tempest can move them when Iceman stops them? and I want to hear more of this Tempest (cuz if he is as powerful as he sounds he deserves more respect)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.