Kenobi's decision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Camo Di Mass
I heard some opinions that Obi Wan could have saved Anakin , that Anakin was begging for help and Kenobi left him for certain death and that's partly the reason why later as Darth Vader had even more hatred for Jedi .

I think that when their duel started , that was the end of their friendship and Obi Wan knew that when he left him , he saw Anakin taking his new name and calling Sidious his master . For him Anakin Skywalker was dead even before the duel .

I think that he made a good decision that he left him there . Bad decision was not killing him . He could have finished it all before it even started . Even if he took him out of the lava , sooner or later Anakin would have betrayed him again , stabbed him in the back or something . He killed all the Jedi , he killed his own wife , there was no life for him out there . That was the end for Anakin .

I think he made a good decision . What do you think ?

Protector
I agree

DenKi
Well if i was Obi, i knew i couldnt kill him, Anakins like a Son too him, They have been friends for years. It only turned evil like afew hours after they saw eachother.

Anyway!

I would love too see Anakin Scream and Cry for Help then Obi just leaves him

Anakin2Vader
thinking about it realistically i think he should have killed him then obi wan and yoda could have killed Sidious ... but then no OT... i really cant wait for obi wan to chop anakin up

SithKiller
Obi Wan couldnt have made any other decision but to leave him....It was in the script!!....jus kidding really somebody that just killed a bunch of children I wouldnt stick my arm out to grab em they would more than likely just try to pull you down with them....misery loves company!!!!!

ctsketch
well anakin was on burning hot sand, obi could not go down there because he would have no way to get back up and he would burn too

DenKi
Umm no, Obi could of easily of got him, he could of lifted him up using the force or found some way of getting him.

SithKiller
I would have stuck my lightsaber blade out and said "here grab this and pull yourself up ...hehehe"

solsmitch
killing him wouldnt have been very jedi like

Arsenal
Originally posted by solsmitch
I agree. What happened is perfect.

palpy_666
Listen all, it was the will of the Force for Obi-Wan to walk away from Vader (he was officially Vader then), and for Sidious to find him, and suit him up in the armor. Anakin was the Chosen One and still was the Chosen One while he was Vader. When the time designated by the will of the Force came, Vader became Anakin again and destroyed Sidious thus bringing balance to the Force, as most of you know or should know! confused

SithKiller
yeah what he said yes

macgeek2005
I think Obi-Wan should have killed him, as he was burning. It would have saved the Galaxy from Darth Vader.

But.... then we wouldn't get to see Darth Vader on the screen.... one of the few good things about the OT

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Hi everyone, first time poster, long time lurker.
According to Kevin Smith's review Anakin is spitting venomous remarks to Obi Wan as he starts burning up so he leaves him to the weight of his own choices. It's a fitting response on the part of Obi Wan. As someone else stated, the friend he knew and loved is already dead.
Incidentally, I wonder how quickly Palpatine was on the scene to rescue Anakin as you would assume he'd burn fairly quickly?

astrofan428
One of the reasons Obi-Wan leaves is because he sees the Emperor's ship coming.

Ben-Kenobi
Well seeing that im a obi-fan i think he made the right choice cause as soon as obi-wan pulled anakin up anakin would of force grab'd his lightsaber and killed ben and ben knew he would backstab him asap

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by solsmitch

Neither was MAce wanting to kill Palps.

then we wouldn't get to see Darth Vader on the screen.... one of the few good things about the OT

uh how long have you been a star wars fan? Few good things??? whatever you think man....

As much as i like Ani and want him to kill OB1, he did make the right choice. Anakin would have cut his ass up with the quickness.

Cipher
Palpatine shows up at a sort of convenient time because the Force warned him Vader was in peril. Obi-Wan could've levitated Anakin or jumped down to him and then jumped back up, but he left it to the will of the Force. Frankly, Anakin got what he deserved.......

zeroImpulse
New to the site. Hello all. Just wanted to share my thoughts.
From what I have seen from the trailers. How can anyone blame Anakin for turning to the dark side. I mean here he goes being told he is the chosing one
and well how he is strong with the force and is a damn good jedi. Yet he asks for the title Jedi Master. The decline and don't give it to him. They have allways treated him as a child they also didn't even wanna let Obi-won train Anakin to begin with because he was to old for a child. lol. When I say they I am talking about the Jedi Counsil.
I am glad Anakin hunted and kill the jedi and turned on Obi-won whom also threated him like a child even in his late teens (episode II). Atleast palp achknowledge Anakin and didn't treat him as a child. As for Obi-won not killing Anakin silly move on his part. This is of course my feelings on everything. I have yet to seen Episode III but I am aware of what happens and how it goes.

Morridini
Why do everyone think that Anakin would manage to kill Ben if Ben had saved him from the lava? Anakin would already have gotten quite a few burn marks and weakened him, and remember that he had just gotten both his legs cut off. How would he manage to kill Ben? A healthy Jedi Master with his lightsaber would be killed by a badly burned Jedi Knight/Sith Lord with no legs and no lightsaber?

zeroImpulse
Originally posted by Morridini
Why do everyone think that Anakin would manage to kill Ben if Ben had saved him from the lava? Anakin would already have gotten quite a few burn marks and weakened him, and remember that he had just gotten both his legs cut off. How would he manage to kill Ben? A healthy Jedi Master with his lightsaber would be killed by a badly burned Jedi Knight/Sith Lord with no legs and no lightsaber? uh. Not to sure but I would use a force power. If I knew certain ones that is. Force push him back and well if I was a master lighting on him. lol but I live in a dream world so big grin evil face

Lazerlike42
It is NOT Jedi like for Obi-wan to kill and/or leave Anakin to his death. It is NOT Jedi like for Mace to kill (or attempt to kill) Palpatine. I believe this is a key aspect of the story. After Anakin kills Dooku, Palpatine tells him, "He was too dangerous to be kept alive." This is word for word exactly the same thing that Mace tells Anakin when he is about to kill Palpatine. I think this is sort of a theme that runs throughout, that is, that the Jedi's own mistakes lead to their fall. They have become too far removed from the true ideals of the Jedi. This theme may also be evident in the person of Qui-gon Jinn. I beleive he was living by Jedi ideals in a time when the council was not and was straying from it. This is shown in that Yoda himself declares himself an apprentice to Qui-gon at the end of the film. Although the main purpose of this as far as the plot is concerned is for Qui-gon to teach Yoda how to become a force ghost, I believe he also will be helping Yoda to come into tune with the Jedi ideals. Yoda makes the first step by humbling himself to someone who has shown a deeper connection with the force than he. If Qui-gon had taught Anakin, perhaps he would have done it in a way more attuned to the force and Anakin's role as the chosen one would not have had to be fulfilled, at least in part, by his children.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.