Pre-Crisis Superman VS King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Pre-Crisis Superman

VS

King Thor

Who wins between these Gods of War?

lifeisaglich
Did't in one of the jla/avengers thor knock out superman with the hammer?

armandovalles
yea, in #1, but in #2 when they were fighting thor swung his hammer at supes and supes stopped it cold with his bare hands.

lifeisaglich
So superman was knocked out by the hammer?

In the JLA/AVENGERS #1 Thor knocked out superman with his hammer, right. I just want to confirm whether the question is true.

However I know about the one you are talking about. It is the one where superman got jumped by the whole Avenger team.

armandovalles
no, in JLA/Avengers #2 Thor + Supes fought one-on-one and supes won. Yet, in #1 Supes got jumped by Thor who threw his hammer at him and knocked him out.

lifeisaglich
So thor did knock out superman with his hammer.
However thor is not physically as strong as superman but his magic qualities surely makes up for that mess. don't you think.

Thanks for the info.

lifeisaglich
Thor never managed to lay that hammer on superman thanks for trying to help. But you must know that what you are saying about thor knocking out superman during the JLA/Avengers issues simply did not happen.

jrodslam
No Thor did NOT knock out Superman with the hammer in JLA/Avengers #1.

Thor threw the hammer at Supes, knocking him back into a building. Superman wasnt knocked out. Knocked down and dazed a bit? Yea. People who have the book will se that on the last page, Superman is on one knee getting back up. Thats how book #1 of JLA/Avengers ended.

lifeisaglich
Forgive me for being a skeptic. But I am not yet a lost course.
So what you are saying actually did happen. If it did why are some comic store owners so strong about the fact that nothing like this ever happen. Because I am going on what they said.

JLA VS Avengers JLA/AVENGERS what is the difference between the two. Or are they one and the same?

jrodslam
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
Forgive me for being a skeptic. But I am not yet a lost course.
So what you are saying actually did happen. If it did why are some comic store owners so strong about the fact that nothing like this ever happen. Because I am going on what they said.

JLA VS Avengers JLA/AVENGERS what is the difference between the two. Or are they one and the same?

No need to apologize.

Comic owners saying nothing like this ever happened? There has been many time where Superman has beed flawed with one hit.

Thor hit Superman with a sneak attack if you will. Superman and Captain America were argueing about how its each groups fault that strange things are happening in both worlds. Superman had all his attention on Cap.

Thor grew impatient and started twirling his hammer. WW looked up and noticed the lightning. Thor's last words were "I have had enow!" "Come Avengers--Let us showthese caitiffs what we think of them!"

He then throws the hammer at Superman who had his attention on Cap.

JLA vs. Avengers i do not have.
Im reffering to JLA/Avengers. The most recent crossover.

lifeisaglich
So JLA vs. Avengers and JLA/Avengers are two different tittles?

jrodslam
I believe so. I think there was a JLA vs Avengers years ago. I could be wrong though.

JWangSDC
No they are the same,

and yea, thor chucks teh hammer @ superman. Superman is laid on his ass....but NOT KNOCKED OUT. He's getting back up but the fight is already over, the avengers start teleporting around.

Then in the next all out brawl, superman beats thor.

jrodslam
Originally posted by JWangSDC
He's getting back up but the fight is already over, the avengers start teleporting around.

Then in the next all out brawl, superman beats thor.

Well thats not compleeeetely true. When Supes gets back up, the groups fight for a while. Flash vs Hawkeye, Quicksilver vs Plastic Man, Iron Man vs Aquaman, Batman and Cap's quick duel. Lol. But the the teleporting does start after some time.

But youre right about the next all out brawl.

lifeisaglich
But are people saying this never happened? Again I am going by comic store owners I have talked to over the phone said that this never happen?

JLA/Avengers is kind of a continuation of JLA vs. Avengers? And JLA vs. Avengers is just people like you and me call the book simply because there was a fight between the avengers and the jla.

Thanks for answering all my stupid questions because I know asking the same questions over and over again gets tiring pretty fast.

jrodslam
Its cool man. You wanna know the truth in what happened. No harn in that.

The JLA and Avengers fought? Yes. Thor knocking Supes out? No.

As JWang said, they are the same. I think JLA/Avengers are still in the stores. They are still here in N.Y.

Like i said before, theres been plenty of times when Superman has got knocked on his a**, but he gets back up.

What Thor did, was a sucker hit to me. Nonetheless, it was cool how it sent Superman flying across the city. (Thanks to the magic)

kgkg
Odin >= King Thor > Pre Crisis Superman

the Darkone
King thor will punk superman a$$ all day.

Scoobless
EDIT:double post

Scoobless
Originally posted by jrodslam
No Thor did NOT knock out Superman with the hammer in JLA/Avengers #1.

Thor threw the hammer at Supes, knocking him back into a building. Superman wasnt knocked out. Knocked down and dazed a bit? Yea. People who have the book will se that on the last page, Superman is on one knee getting back up. Thats how book #1 of JLA/Avengers ended.

like this

Scoobless
and this

Scoobless
not that it matters too much as this was neither King Thor nor Pre-Crisis Supes

lifeisaglich
jrodslam thanks for putting up with me.

And Scoobless thank you for putting a lid on this thing.

In case any of you cannot tell I am extremely greatful.

Anyway because of the magic on king thor I am most likely to lean on his side. But is it not precrisis superman that can block magic attacks. The person that can create new powers for different situations.
People there is no way that King thor can win if precrisis superman can block magic attacks.

ZephroCarnelian
Pre-crisis Supes would most likely not die after a single magical shot.

And once he takes one shot like he always does, just to 'test the water', he won't get hit again - PreCrisis Superman can move at whatever speed he wants, really. Thousands of times the speed of light.

He is strong enough to push planets and stop Thor's hammer with no effort. THEN pick it up.

Precrisis Supes was MADE to be unbeatable. He was the original superhero.

If King Thor summons an immensely powerful super-cosmic-magical omni-blast and Supes just stands there ready to take it.... Supes might go down....

But if Supes had bad allergies that day... Thor's done for...

Mider
What can Pre-Crisis Superman possibly do against a Odinforce powered Thor

The Flash
Sneeze?

Superherovandal
and destroy all of Asgard with him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.