General Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediOasis
We all know that during the Clone Wars Obi-Wan becomes a General in the army of the Republic. How does this happen? Does he leave the Jedi? or do they give him permission to go off and lead an army? And we also know that Obi-Wan serves Bail Organa, does that mean that the Rebellion has already started? Cause you'd think that a General in the army would serve the Sumpreme Chancellor.

Ratcat
I would imagine that in a time of war the jedi could server in the Military. I know this has happened in the EU with Jaina Solo and Corran Horn being two examples.

Ushgarak
For all we kbnow, he may have been serving the Supreme Chancelllor... just that Bail was his more direct superior.

The Jedi don't sem to enforce laws among their members. So a Jedi has as much right of being a General as the next man.

finti
Or maybe Obi-Wan is put in charge of a bunch of jedi`s, thus given the rank of a General.

JediOasis
But then why would he be serving Bail Organa? My guess is that this is another thing Lucas will have to change around, Organa is probably just a good friend of Obi-Wan and they fight with each other or something.

finti
He can still serve Bail Organa, just that he has many jedi under his(obi-wan`s)command. But Bail is the "commander in chief".Han Solo was made a general in ROTJ, but he was still under the command of the rebel leaders. So can it be with OWK.

Gundark
I think finti has a point on that one. Don't forget they made Lando a general too.

Raz
OK, we know hes going to be a General, but which side will he be on?
With or against the Clones?

Gundark
Based upon Luke's statement, "you fought in the clone wars?" its kind of hard to be sure. I would say against, but not until the council determines the clone machine is a bad thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.