General Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
What army or force does Ob1 control to claim the title of general. the Clones, an army of Jedi clones, an army of battle droids. I would like to see a point in the third film when the army that ob1 controls suddenly turns against him and obeys the orders that palpatine gives them. that would make palpatines deception complete.

LanceWindu
I wouldn't think Jedi Clones, maybe Clone Troopers, or maybe a group of regular Jedi.

Emperor Helmet
I think it's obvious which side he is a General for.

Captain REX
Emperor, don't be so negative. Even though it is kinda obvious, he was just stating his opinion.

Star Wars Episode III: Attack of the Chancellor. big grin

Emperor Helmet
I'm not being negative, but don't you think if Han Solo was a general, Obi-Wan could.

finti
I think he is asking is why a jedi get the rank of a general, shouldnt it be enough being a Jedi knight

Ushgarak
The Rebels do appear to have this massive over-promotion problem...

But no-one is sure under which circumstances Obi-Wan beomes a general. He may be directly appointed by Bail Organa, of course.

Emperor Helmet
He leads a group in the Clone Wars. The same way Mace and Yoda are Generals in AOTC.

jedi fernando
somewhere i read that in episode II a clone calls yoda "general" so there is the answer to your "why do jedis get rank?"
question.

sand person no. 10
ah, once again people who can type but can't read. i said which force does he control, an army of garden gnomes, perhaps some genetically modified fruit. if the clone troopers are the forerunners for stormtroopers and if palpatine did order them then why would ob1 control them. if you going to do sarcasm. emperor helmet please try and do it at least as half as well as i do.

Julie
I don't think Obi- wan's a general until EPIII.....and I think Ush is right...Bail Organa will probably be his superior....Leia said so

jedi212guy
So is there going to be a rebellion separate from Dooku's in III?

Captain REX
There will probably be hundreds! I mean, this is when the Republic goes to ruins, isn't it?

Okay, so we're all wrong. I think it's Clonetroopers for the start before Palpy shows his true self. Man, he's evil...

Emperor Helmet
How the hell can anyone know this considering that the script for Episode III isn't even written.

Ushgarak
Indeed, it is purely speculative. Still, speculation IS a big thuing around here.

Emperor Helmet
I don't know why, no one ever speculates on anything that actually happens.

Ushgarak
People enjoy it. It's fun to guess and discuss, even if a lot of what people come up with is cobblers.

yerssot
I wonder if my theory that Han is actually Bails son is correct

LanceWindu
Completely and utterly WRONG!

yerssot
we will know in EpIII stick out tongue

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) I'll be waiting with baited breath

Captain REX
Maybe Yoda is really in league with Count Dooku and they are planning world domination with The Brain and Pinky. laughing out loud

finti
No it doesnt , if someone calls you buckweat it doesnt explain why you are called buckweat.

Emperor Helmet
Yoda is a general in Episode II.

yerssot
and you base yourself on what?

Emperor Helmet
Basicly because he leads the entire Clone Army into the battle on Geonosis. Not to mention he is called General in the script by a Clone Trooper.

yerssot
because he brings the army there doesn't make him a general, if someone clones someone and I take him to a battlefield, that makes me a general then...

And it doesn't matter what they say in the scriptment, it still has to be in the movie

Emperor Helmet
You said he only brings them, I said he leads them. Which is what he does.

yerssot
well, if he BRINGS them, he's not a general, if he LEADS them: PERHAPS

Emperor Helmet
He does lead them.

yerssot
it's one of the two yes

Emperor Helmet
And I already told yo which one it is.

yerssot
like you are a cannon source roll eyes (sarcastic)

Emperor Helmet
Pretty much.

Julie
Don't underestimate the Emperor!
wait that's just an imposter.....underestimate all you want

yerssot
go figure roll eyes (sarcastic)

Emperor Helmet
Just remember to come back here on May 17th to tell me how right I am.

Captain REX
*cringes*

I...actually...agree...with...Helmet-hair! The Captain of the Clonetroopers, Ambu Fett, says "We have brought the resistance to an end General," and he's talking to Yoda. Yoda doesn't lead the clones though. Kit Fisto leads the clones. Yoda leads a part of the clones. Kit Fisto is at the head of the clones. Yoda brings the remaining Jedi onto the ship when the clonetroopers enter the battle.

FireMaster
wether or not yoda is a general I do not know, nor care for
the thing remains that yoda is one of the most powerful jedi there are. wether or not he gets a rank like general or something else is of no importance. and to be honnest a general normally doesn't lead troops into battle. most of what generals do doesn't involve the front lines. maybe a colonel or a major. but I doubt you'll find a general in battle. and like it even matters which rank yoda get's, you still don't want him against your army.

and that is all that matters
general or not, he's still able to kick your ass

Ushgarak
Star Wars ranks have always been mad, though. From ESB onwards, Generals have been leading from the front.

FireMaster
not often anywayz
and I doubt generals have been leading from the front in any wars later then WWII, yet I could be misstaking

Ushgarak
Sorry? I wasn't talking about real life.

FireMaster
aah okie, nvm then
I was talking about irl

Ushgarak
Ah, well then. In Star Wars, Generals seem to be rather different.

Captain REX
In Star Wars it wouldn't be WWII, it would be the Clone Wars, with WWI as the Sith Wars. big grin

Emperor Helmet
Actually they aren't. Yoda and Obi-Wan will both lead the army during the Clone Wars.

finti
nah they give rank away like donuts in SW

Captain REX
I agree with Ush and Finti. They hand out ranks on a silver platter.

Emperor Helmet
That's your fault.

Ushgarak
What the heck are you talking about, Helmet? Generals ARE very different in Star Wars. They are very numerous and lead from the front. It was hard to find someone who WASN'T a General in the rebels in ROTJ.

Emperor Helmet
Name 4 generals in ROTJ.

Ushgarak
Nadine, Skywalker, Calrissian, Solo.

Ackbar as an Admiral is equivalent as well, of course. Though he at least was actually acting like an Admiral.

Emperor Helmet
And that's it. Actually, Luke is never referred to as General.

How many Generals do you think are in the US Army?

Ushgarak
How many US generals would personally lead assaults, Helmet?

No General in Star Wars has ever actually acted like a General.

Emperor Helmet
Another absurd stray from topic. It isn't Earth and who the hell cares. It is what Lucas wants and that's the way it goes.

They are Generals and get used to it. They are Leaders who are willing to put their life on the line, unlike today's soldiers.

Ushgarak
Jeez, Helmet, I KNOW that! You haven't bothered to read the posts again, have you?

Firemaster said he didn't think people like Yoda could be a general because a general doesn't lead from the front.

And I pointed out that Star Wars Generals aren't like real-world generals so that wasn't relevant.

Which you then rather weirdly took issue with.

You MUST read other people's posts properly, Helmet.

Emperor Helmet
There is no point to. They lead the assualt on Geonosis and that's that. That is all everyone needs to know.

Ushgarak
If you aren't going to read other people's posts properly then you should not bother making comment on them at all.

Emperor Helmet
That's why it's a "LONG TIME AGO" in a galaxy far far away.

yerssot
A Long Time Ago doesn't mean that they are stupid or something

Emperor Helmet
No, but "Do their duty, the Jedi will".

yerssot
"We're keepers of the peace, not warriors"

Emperor Helmet
You mean, not soldiers?

yerssot
yeah, sorry, was reading about the Geonosian warriors, got mixed up

Emperor Helmet
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.