Race: Shazam vs Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Its a race around the world. Who wins?

Shazam

VS

Flash

I'm going with shazam cuz superman is very close to flash and shazam is faster than supes so im going with Shazam.

juggernaut74
Shazaam is the wizard people. I think you are refering to Captain Marvel.

armandovalles
whatever.

juggernaut74
Glad we have that straightened out.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Captain Marvel takes out Savage Hulk 7/10.

What the?! laughing I don't think that has any bearing on how fast he is.

jrodslam
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Glad we have that straightened out. Captain Marvel takes out Savage Hulk 7/10.

Lol. I think youre in the wrong thread Juggy.

I think Flash wins. Superman is nowhere near Flash in speed.

I dont quite know how fast exactly Shazam/Captain Marvel is, but doesnt he have the speed of Mercury?

I believe Flash is faster than that. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

juggernaut74
Yea I am doing too much at one time once again.

Superherovandal
its like this
1)Flash
2)Superman
3)Martian Manhunter
4)Wonder Woman
5)Shazam

DigiMark007
Actually, on numerous occasions, Superman and various Flash incarnations have been shown to have similar speed. Wally once stole Superman's speed and beat him easily, but in a straight-up race it's pretty even. Any Flash has a huge advantage in reflexes and thought-time, but in a straight-line race it's close.

DC actually devoted a comic one time to the many occurences of Flash/Superman races. Not sure who takes this one though...don't know enough about Marvel's speed.

-DM

jrodslam
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Actually, on numerous occasions, Superman and various Flash incarnations have been shown to have similar speed. Wally once stole Superman's speed and beat him easily, but in a straight-up race it's pretty even. Any Flash has a huge advantage in reflexes and thought-time, but in a straight-line race it's close.

DC actually devoted a comic one time to the many occurences of Flash/Superman races. Not sure who takes this one though...don't know enough about Marvel's speed.

-DM

I could be wrong, but I think on pretty much all those occasions, the Flash that Superman is racing is Barry.

Wally is the fastest of the Flashes. In a straight line, once Flash hits the top gear, Superman cant keep up.

In the recent Flash #209, Superman is keeping up pretty much until Flash catches his second wind, and hits top gear.

jrodslam
Is Flash(Wally) faster than Mercury?

If so, he wins.

juggernaut74
I know this isnt from a comic but did anybody watch the episode of Smallville with Bart Allen in it? They raced at the end, Clark was keeping up but Bart turned around and was running backwards then waved at Clark and put it in another gear and was gone. And Wally is the fastest Flash there was.

DigiMark007
Mercury? The messanger god? He should probably be damn fast, but who knows.

And yeah, it would depend on which Flash it is. Wally would most definitely beat Supes, whereas Barry or any of the others would be a better race.

-DM

P.S. Smallville, while entertaining (especially since a Flash makes an appearence...didn't know that had anyone else besides Kal-El), isn't a credible source.

jrodslam
Hell yea I saw that episode. I was cheering my ass off. Supes cant touch Wally. Did you see the look on Clarks face?

Digi youre right about Barry or the others being a better race.

nigel45
I'd challenge the validity of the C.M. > Superman in speed argument, but either way Marvel is not a match for Flash.

juggernaut74
Does anybody know for sure how fast CM is? I just bought a full run of CM comics on Ebay and now I need to read them. Maybe I can get a idea.

nigel45
I certainly have never heard that he's anywhere near Flash in speed, but yeah, I can't paint a very accurate picture either.

jrodslam
Solomon's wisdom,
Hercules' strength,
Atlas' endurance,
Zeus' power,
Achilles' invulnerability

And Mercury's speed.

We just have to find out how fast Merrcury is. Lol. As of now, I still think Flash is faster. I mean speed is his specialty.

jrodslam
Hurry with that info Juggy74. We're lost here.

Superherovandal
didn't WW beat mercury in a race? and she isn't even half as fast as Supes who isn't as fast as the Flash.

DigiMark007
Does anyone remember how Clark runs in the original Superman movie. He matches speed with a train, but looks like a complete tool doing it. Funniest part of the whole movie...

-DM

jrodslam
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Wow I do remember that. Geez, I feel old now. You saw the look on the guys face to noticed him running too? I would have freaked out and told eveybody.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Superherovandal
didn't WW beat mercury in a race? and she isn't even half as fast as Supes who isn't as fast as the Flash.

Yea, but arent we talking about foot speed?

Supes and WW fly faster than they run. Shazam runs and flies at the same speeds.

kgkg
Originally posted by jrodslam
Yea, but arent we talking about foot speed?

Supes and WW fly faster than they run. Shazam runs and flies at the same speeds.
Doesn't matter.

Flash Wally( with speed force) is faster that Superman who is faster than Shazam.

Wally said that before he learned to master the Speed Force Superman was a bit faster than him.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by jrodslam
Hurry with that info Juggy74. We're lost here. My books didnt get here yet and I cant find anything on how fast he is on the net.

Magee
Can't Flash (Wally) run faster than the speed of light as the speed force protects him? Im sure i've seen him do that a few times, i'll go and look.

juggernaut74
We are talking about Captain Marvel.

Draco69
Let's make this simple:

Speed:

The Flash is faster than light
Superman is near lightspeed
Wonder Woman is faster than Mercury
Captain Marvel has the speed of Mercury

Thus....Flash>Superman>Wonder Woman>Captain Marvel.

juggernaut74
Thanks for the input but how fast exactly is Mercury?

Draco69
Not nearly as fast as the Flash. He's about at the max of Mach 7 since Diana has reached Mach 10 to 15 numerous times.

juggernaut74
So CM is faster than Quicksilver and Northstar?

Draco69
Absolutely.

Although Quicksilver SUPPOSEDLY doesn't have a limit. I'll believe it when I see it.

JWangSDC
Flash V2 209. Flash will BURN SHazam or superman....neither of them are as fast as the flash. And just hink this way CM=SM with different sources of powers and different weaknesses

Kento
Wonder Woman has the speed of Mercury, and when Flash challeneges her to a race, and she says that, and he goes I thought you said you were fast. During the Tower of Babel arc when they find Martian Manhunter set a flame, and destroying a forest.

Draco69
No she doesn't. She has speed "greater than that of Mercury".

Stupid JLA comics. ALWAYS gets Wonder Woman wrong...

jrodslam
Originally posted by Kento
Wonder Woman has the speed of Mercury, and when Flash challeneges her to a race, and she says that, and he goes I thought you said you were fast. During the Tower of Babel arc when they find Martian Manhunter set a flame, and destroying a forest.

WTF? WW said she had the speed of mercury? But yet CM has the speed of Mercury.

But yet someone said that WW said that she is faster than Mercury.

Whats the truth?

Draco69
See above post.

Superherovandal
she beat Mercury in a race.

sphinxhonor
Now, I don't know if this forum has a rule against topic digging, but I'm doing it anyway because when I looked it up I saw this and people might be misled.

Shazam is as fast as, if not faster than the flash.
In the circumstance shazam is slower than the flash, he is easily the second fastest superhero ever.
The power of Mercury coming directly from the source literally means shazam can go so fast you cannot see him. And that's on foot, there's no telling how fast he can go when he flies.
Mercury can literally go as fast as he wants to, it's why he's the god of speed, there's no limit. Wonder woman was given the title of being 'as swift as mercury' but she does not have any godly speed.

Shazam is significantly faster than superman and any other hero.

Technically the flash can an indefinite source of his speed that is added to with literally every step he takes (if we're talking about Barry Allen here), which he can then use to add to his own speed. So he can reach infinitely fast heights of speed as long as he lives. Which would mean they would tie every time unless Shazam can make the conscious decision to go faster than Barry, in which case he would, because he embodies the god of speed.

In order it looks like this:
1. Shazam/The Flash
2. Every other hero because they are all irrelevant.

NoctisOwen
^thanks for bumping a thread thats 11 years ago

beatboks

abhilegend
Originally posted by sphinxhonor
Now, I don't know if this forum has a rule against topic digging, but I'm doing it anyway because when I looked it up I saw this and people might be misled.

Shazam is as fast as, if not faster than the flash.
In the circumstance shazam is slower than the flash, he is easily the second fastest superhero ever.
The power of Mercury coming directly from the source literally means shazam can go so fast you cannot see him. And that's on foot, there's no telling how fast he can go when he flies.
Mercury can literally go as fast as he wants to, it's why he's the god of speed, there's no limit. Wonder woman was given the title of being 'as swift as mercury' but she does not have any godly speed.

Shazam is significantly faster than superman and any other hero.

Technically the flash can an indefinite source of his speed that is added to with literally every step he takes (if we're talking about Barry Allen here), which he can then use to add to his own speed. So he can reach infinitely fast heights of speed as long as he lives. Which would mean they would tie every time unless Shazam can make the conscious decision to go faster than Barry, in which case he would, because he embodies the god of speed.

In order it looks like this:
1. Shazam/The Flash
2. Every other hero because they are all irrelevant.
baka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.