How does Yoda know (Spoiler)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jungleboygeorge
Hey guys, sorry if this has been discussed before, but as the title suggests i do not know how yoda knows anakin is now named darth vader.

I'm referring to the Yoda quote when talking to Obi-Wan: (SPOILERS)

"The boy you trained, gone he is. Consumed by Darth Vader"

I havent read the novel and i assume this scene occurs when they just enter the jedi temple.

So how does he know??

ubidoobascooby
It has been discussed. And it's because Obi and Yoda just finish looking at security footage of ani's transition to Vader. And I think the line actually goes "Consumed by the dark side, young skywalker has become."

jungleboygeorge
yes i understand that, but does the security footage come with sound? i didnt know that...

ubidoobascooby
sure does

Morridini
Hmm, is it from that surveillance footage where the lines from the first trailer (Lord Vader, Yes Master, Riiise) comes from?

Darth Luke
you see it in lego star wars the game aswell smile

astrofan428
NO the riiiiiiisssssssseeee line I think is from the MAce incident, the hologram goes something like "You have done well my new apprentice, now Lord Vader go and bring peace to the republic."

mossman
Don't forget this exchange during the Sidious/Yoda duel:

YODA ignites his lightsaber.
DARTH SlDIOUS: "You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us."
DARTH SIDIOUS ignites his lightsaber.
YODA: "Faith in your new apprentice, misplaced may be, as is your faith in the dark side of the Force."

And the footage that Obi and Yoda view is as follows:

OBI-WAN moves to a panel and flips some switches. He sees a HOLOGRAM of ANAKIN slaughtering JEDI, including the YOUNG ONES. OBI-WAN and YODA react.
OBI-WAN: (continuing) "It can't be . . . It can't be . . ."
As ANAKIN surveys the carnage, a DARK-ROBED SITH LORD enters. ANAKIN turns to DARTH SIDIOUS and kneels before him.
ANAKIN: "The traitors have been taken care of, Lord Sidious."
DARTH SlDIOUS: "Good . . . good . . . You have done well, my new apprentice. Do you feel your power growing?"
ANAKIN: "Yes, My Master."
DARTH SlDIOUS: "Now, Lord Vader, now go and bring peace to the Empire."
OBI-WAN watches in horror. Tears well up in his eyes.
OBI-WAN: "I can't watch any more."

Batman316
ouch

Soda
yeah that must have been a shock to obi-wan, kind of like catching the woman you love cheating on you

DarkDethbringer
DAMN I wanted it to be at least a little climactic! I thought Obi Wan wouldn't find out until Annikan turned o him!

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by ubidoobascooby
It has been discussed. And it's because Obi and Yoda just finish looking at security footage of ani's transition to Vader. And I think the line actually goes "Consumed by the dark side, young skywalker has become."

And actually, the line goes, "Twisted by the dark side, young Skywalker has become."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.