current supergirl vs wonderwoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gautam
discuss...

Mainstream
word on the street Current supergirl is stronger and faster than superman.

Draco69
Possibly. It's inconclusive. However Kara doesn't have anywhere near the experience to take on Diana. Someday but not now. She had trouble with Clayface for goodness's sake.

eleveninches
Yeah. Id like to say kara would win, but WW is far too experienced at the moment

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mainstream
word on the street Current supergirl is stronger and faster than superman.

is that based on what Supes said/thought while fighting her on Apokalipse?

Draco69
No. Batman specifically said "I have many theories as to why Supergirl's abilities seem to rival or even surpass Superman's..."

sbo
Originally posted by Draco69
Possibly. It's inconclusive. However Kara doesn't have anywhere near the experience to take on Diana. Someday but not now. She had trouble with Clayface for goodness's sake.

WW had trouble with clayface too? I seem to remember him stealing part of her power.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Scoobless
is that based on what Supes said/thought while fighting her on Apokalipse?

Yea Superman thought that to himslef. He thought she may be more powerful than him.

Draco69
That bull**** story. Clayface somehow managed to steal her "magic" clay. Which is bull**** because Diana is completely human. She hasn't been clay since she was on the beaches of Themyscira.

sbo
I'm still inclined to go with Supergirl, if she's strong enough to give superman serious trouble I think she could beat WW. The heat vision would come in real handy in this battle.

I think supergirl would take 6/10 fights.

Scoobless
No. Batman specifically said "I have many theories as to why Supergirl's abilities seem to rival or even surpass Superman's..."

.....hmmm.... probably because Superman knows how to hold back better than her

Originally posted by jrodslam
Yea Superman thought that to himslef. He thought she may be more powerful than him.

Superman is always underselling himself like that....... i bet he could take out half the guys he claims are threats fairly eaily if he didn't hold back so much

Draco69
Originally posted by sbo
I'm still inclined to go with Supergirl, if she's strong enough to give superman serious trouble I think she could beat WW. The heat vision would come in real handy in this battle.

I think supergirl would take 6/10 fights.

Please. She'd get her ass kicked. She's nowhere near the skill to take on Wonder Woman. She BARELY knows how to use her powers.

Superman was clearly holding back during the fight. She's the world to him so he didn't want to hurt her.

Heat Vision would be deflected by her bracelets.

Scoobless
Heat Vision would be deflected by her bracelets.

not if she used a wide beam like Supes did against the DD clone thingies...... but she's probably too inexperienced to know how to do that yet

Draco69
No. Not really. When crossed the bracelets form a forcefield. Which is how Diana has withstood direct nuclear explosions with ease.

The Flash
Wonder Woman trains with Batman! Supergirl goes down.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Scoobless
.....hmmm.... probably because Superman knows how to hold back better than her

As ever Scoobs you are so right

Superman is always underselling himself like that....... i bet he could take out half the guys he claims are threats fairly eaily if he didn't hold back so much

As ever Scoobs you are so right

Scoobless
No. Not really. When crossed the bracelets form a forcefield. Which is how Diana has withstood direct nuclear explosions with ease.

really?.... ok...... i'm not that up to date with all my DC characters

derrick24
supergirl didnt have problems with clay face, you all know you can lie. she was knocked out of a building during a fight with batgirl and clay face was standing over her. she picked up the ground beneath him and she flew him in the ocean, it was as simple as that. It did state in that book that she is more powerful than superman. Superman was suprised when they were flying in space, testing there speed and she disappeared, she left him at the moon while she was already back on earth. They also said in that book that she is stronger than him, when she was holding a crashing plane with 1 hand. I think supergirl wins this due to the fact that she is everything wonderwomen is but fighting skills.

Draco69
Originally posted by derrick24
supergirl didnt have problems with clay face, you all know you can lie. she was knocked out of a building during a fight with batgirl and clay face was standing over her. she picked up the ground beneath him and she flew him in the ocean, it was as simple as that. It did state in that book that she is more powerful than superman. Superman was suprised when they were flying in space, testing there speed and she disappeared, she left him at the moon while she was already back on earth. They also said in that book that she is stronger than him, when she was holding a crashing plane with 1 hand. I think supergirl wins this due to the fact that she is everything wonderwomen is but fighting skills.

She had lots of problems. She got hit FIVE times by Clayface. She was on the ground gritting her teeth.

And for a person who has microspopic vision as well as X-Ray vision she wasn't smart enough to use it.

Supergirl may or may not be stronger than Superman. Superman always holds back.

Wonder Woman would kick her ass. Supergirl has nowhere near the experience or fighting skills that Diana has.

DrDoom
*nods head in agreement*

Supergirl can match(even surpass) her in raw power, but she lacks experience. Mebbe in like, a decade or so she could give Diana a run for her money but not now.

As for the "Supergirl is stronger than Superman" thing:

It's because Superman was raised by humans, so he sees himself as a human (more or less) ie he has limits. "I can't lift <insert object>" "I can't see that far"and whatnot.
Supergirl was raised as a Kryptonian, and she doesn't see herself as human, so she's not like "I can't fly that fast"--she just does it.

Their strength and flight are due to telekinesis, so I'm guessing if they don't believe they can lift something then they can't, and vice versa. Just look at what happened to him after a pep talk from Mongul...

ZephroCarnelian
That's true.

I firmly believe the limits of Superman/girls/cat/dog are rooted in their minds.

I've seen Superman struggle to catch up with and stop a plane.

Then in the next instant he lifts mountains and fly across the earth in a second flat.

But as for Supergirl winning against WW, it's not a dead cert even though SG is so powerful.

You guys ever read Asterix comics?

In one, Obelix (who is invulnerable, superstrong, superfast) gets manhandled by a tiny little Chinese guy who knows kung fu.

Case in point.

sylvanelf
When did she get hit by a direct nuclear explosion and use a crossed-bracelet forcefield to block it?

Why does this source say Wonder Woman was having trouble when getting blasted by area effects, then?
Knockback can still be a problem.

CorderaMitchell
Dianas powers have been inconsistent, one minute she has a lasso and an invisible jet, next she's one notch lower than Sperman,

How about.....

A swimsuit contest between the two? rock

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by sylvanelf
When did she get hit by a direct nuclear explosion and use a crossed-bracelet forcefield to block it?

Why does this source say Wonder Woman was having trouble when getting blasted by area effects, then?

Starnet Database is outdated.

CorderaMitchell
HOW outdated? persay.

Draco69
Originally posted by sylvanelf

That source is entirely inaccurate. I use the Ultimate Wonder Woman Guide published by DC Corporation. It's found in comic book stores or Barnes & Noble. I admit I have used that site in the past but I grew to realize it was a very faulty source. The site says her max is around 90 tons. That's entirely not true since she has lifted aircraft carriers, city-sized meteorites, the Empire State Building and even a island twice the size of Japan. I feel great guilt for using that site. Unfortunately it makes the same mistake most people do: they put DC characters on the Marvel scale. It just doesn't work.

She used it several times in her own comic. Read her comics.

Draco69
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Starnet Database is outdated.

And inaccurate. Martian Manhunter can only lift 20 tons? Pffffft. roll eyes (sarcastic)

CorderaMitchell
Yea experience count,but Wonder Womans powers have changed alot.

Draco69
From Pre to Post, yeah. Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman was WAYYYYY stronger (she hit Pre-Crisis Superman into another galaxy) but WAYYYY slower (her max speed was 80 mph).

CorderaMitchell
Well there was one who was Invisible jet, Lasso, and Bracelets with fighting ability, then the Super Wonder Woman.

Draco69
That's all the same person. A simple way of defining her character is as an amalgam:

Superman's powers.
Captain America's tactical prowess
Lady Shiva's/Batman's fighting ability

Her lasso is used as a weapon or method of persuasion. Her invisible jet is actually called the Lansinar technology. Think of it as a cross between Invisible Woman's forcefields and GL ring's constructs. It's very powerful.

CorderaMitchell
Wow.

eleveninches
This fight has already haappenned here:

link removed

great DVD's laughing out loud

supremthor
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

olympian
Until i actually see Supergirl do stuff ahead of Superman as word that shes more powerful, Diana wins this.

Paola
Offensive Posts
There may be places where explicit, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however KMC Forums is not one of them. Discussion forum posts that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed. Similarly, discussion forum posts that solicit or offer explicit or X-rated GIFs, JPEGs or similar content files will be deleted without notice!
We generally use the PG-13 rating as a guideline as to what is allowed. If you don't know whether your post falls under the rating, contact a moderator immediately.

don't say you didn't know

Batman Wins
I didnt know.......*Gets smacked in the face by Poalocke(Poala + psylocke)*

olympian
"and even a island twice the size of Japan"

Out of curiosity when did she do that.

"she hit Pre-Crisis Superman into another galaxy"

I recall she did had a fight. Was it the one draw by garcia Lopez? And was that indeed Pre crisis Superman or the Golden age from the other earth.

Wally West
Bump

Knightfall93
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
That's true.

I firmly believe the limits of Superman/girls/cat/dog are rooted in their minds.

I've seen Superman struggle to catch up with and stop a plane.

Then in the next instant he lifts mountains and fly across the earth in a second flat.

But as for Supergirl winning against WW, it's not a dead cert even though SG is so powerful.

You guys ever read Asterix comics?

In one, Obelix (who is invulnerable, superstrong, superfast) gets manhandled by a tiny little Chinese guy who knows kung fu.

Case in point. Asterix is a legend! He is The Man! Cower in fear, superman...

... here comes a tiny shrimpish guy with yellow hair and a moustache! The horror... the horror...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.