Maul and Yoda same fighting style?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soda
I noticed they do the same kind of butterfly flips etc, is it possible they practice a similar martial arts style?

ApolloX
Maul flips like 3 times. Yoda flips during the entire dual.
I spose its possible though.erm

DarkDethbringer
Maybe if so interesting!

TheElectricFox
Yoda is form IV, same as Qui-Gon

Maul fights the sith way, which looks somewhat like jedi form VII(windu)

((The_Anomaly))
well technically "the forms" are not ever really mentioned in the movies, so its not concrete that yoda and qui-gon used the same form. EU says that maul uses the same form as Windu however..

Darth_Janus
The guy who does the choreography for the battles made up the forms, based on swordplay from the movies. Is he EU?

TheElectricFox
Uhhh... the forms are canon as they appear in official SW related material, ie... the visual dictionary, not some gay EU novel.

Jeeze everone needs a lesson on what is and isnt canon!!!

NO nick galliard is not EU and the forms he made up became the ones like Soresu(III), Makashi(II), Shein (V), and Ataru(IV). In episode 1 we were unaware of the forms. In episode 2 we were made aware that different jedi use different forms of saber combat. We had Roman numerals telling us the names, and in Episode 3 the forms got formal names all from the visual dictionary, which if im not mistaken is as canon as they come.

Darth_Janus
Yeah, exactly.

archive monitor
maul actually fights with teras kasi. there is a starwars ps1 game with same name

Darth_Janus
Maul and Yoda are both masters of the Whup-Ass fighting style.

Sodo
Yoda's fighting style is fueled by the Force. Maul's is a mix of Teras-Kasi and a double-bladed lightsaber, which will add more spins and less stances because of that slim chance of self-destruction. Maul's looks a bit more complicated while Yoda's fits him perfectly.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by TheElectricFox
Uhhh... the forms are canon as they appear in official SW related material, ie... the visual dictionary, not some gay EU novel.

Well YOU certainly need such a lesson- the Visual Dictionary is EU!

And the forms might or might not be something that Nick developed in order to help his choreography- though I am not convinced that the forms the EU talk of are the same things that he has developed, especially with all this relative talk of 'levels', but that's still irrelevant, because the forms, their histories and their nuances, as described in the EU novels, are all entirely non-canon.

Darth_Janus
Visual Dictionaries are on par with movie novelisations and radio plays based on the movies. They are considered canon. Or so I was lead to believe.

Otaku_Sith
How come Yoda makes flips and jumps and shit.But can't walk without his walking stick?

Fishy
Because he can't walk... He can jump but he has problems with his right leg so he needs a stick to walk... When he jumps he only uses his left foot

chilled monkey
To answer the question, no, they don't use the same fighting style. However both are highly agile so both implement that when they fight.

jango fatt
They fight different
cuz Darth Maul fights Vaapad
And only him,mace windu and depa billaba

Cipher
If it isn't in the movies, its not canon.

green dude
they are different like Sodo said one uses complicated way of fighting Yoda uses force in moves and attacks/defence. They are different they both masters they are not like Siths they learn from each and work to gether more team players. Siths are more Solo work alone no partners or team just find what they need to know or learn and kill their masters. stick out tongue Jedi way so much nicer you live longer :/

archive monitor
maul- teras kasi
yoda-ataru

its as simple as that

DenKi
dont give me any of this bull**** FORM stuff, its all EU and makes no sense to the movies..

chilled monkey
Makes perfect sense. Do you know how many fighting styles there are on Earth? Isn't it logical that there would be several styles of lightsabre combat? It adds to the background, makes it more interesting.

Human Vader
well without EU, there are no forms, styles or techniques. nothing like that is ever metioned in the movies. but i can assure theyre different. with a single blade you fight differently than with a double blade. anyone with even the most basic weaponry combat training knows this.

Darth Travizzle
You know, I really don't care about the "styles" or "forms" of the movie. I just think the fighting scenes are cool.

bogen
yoda was a master of all fighting and light force styles.

darthvader_fan
are you sure

Jedi Priestess
Dude what is it with you and fighting styles? First you make a thread on them and then you bump and old one? ALL of this is EU and as such doesnt belong in here anyway.

Stun
trueyes

btw - why am i drunk again?

bogen
it does belong hear besause before the recent movies came out there was no such ting exept in EU, the new movies brought fighting styles to the fans attention.
and yes im sure

Jedi Priestess
Err yes, there was EU before TPM hun, so however sure you are, you're wrong. laughing out loud

bogen
no what i said was, that with the old movies they fought and someone died, there was no talk of swordsmanship only
" you have become powerful, my son" , ok?
now what i meant to say earlyer but couldn't get it out right was that with the new movies they say, "......you'd rival master yoda" and stuff, it's more so difining the jedi's power into two distingced groups
1: force power
2:swordmanship, now we can go into more deatael but it's too late for that.

the point im making is that before the new movies it was like, wow there fighting. that was it but know we can analis what they do just based on movie info, nothing from EU.

we kool? wink

and yes maybe im wrong but thats as far as i know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.