Rouge/hulk vs gladiator/thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
i see it going either way.

pr1983
who the f*ck is rouge? stick out tongue

and no... gladiator and thor... rouge/rogue isnt a match for any of em...

sbo
Rogue is a match for Thor, she's beaten him already.
And Hulk has beaten gladiator.

Rogue and Hulk win it.

FieryBalrog
what hulk, and what thor?

im pretty sure glad/thor would take it...

armandovalles
Gladiator and Thor take this so easily.

Wynndar
rogue doesnt bring anything to the table...it might as well be Hulk and Wyatt Wingfoot

sbo
Originally posted by Wynndar
rogue doesnt bring anything to the table...it might as well be Hulk and Wyatt Wingfoot

Where'd you come up with this notion? She's beaten thor already.

Rogue w/ thor's power added to hers, along with Hulk will take down gladiator no problem.

Wynndar
thats if the writer has Rogue steal his power in the first move...it could also be written:
*Thor hits rogue in the head
*Rogue foams from the mouth, has seizure and dies

sbo
Seeing as how Rogue's already absorbed thor, she already knows his strength so she'd know that power absorption would be her only option and wouldn't bother trading blows with him.

Wynndar
And maybe Thor would know not to let her touch his ass, and just hit her in the head.

sbo
So thor will run from Rogue? I doubt that. Even if he did i don't think he'd get away.

If she wants an extra bit of insurance all she needs to do is borrow a bit of hulk's strength and bolster her own first.

Wynndar
he wont run, he'll jus hit her in the head.

Draco69
First off, Thor wasn't "beaten" by Rogue. Rogue was beating up Spider-Woman. Thor put his hand on her shoulder and told her to stop or else. Rogue puts her naked hand on his face. Thor is knocked out.

Thor is not that stupid to fall for such a trick again.

sbo
She knocked Thor out, so he didn't win that fight did he?
Even without the element of surprise, all she needs is to get close and thor's out.

If she takes some of hulk's strength to bolster hers, then she'd got an even better chance.

Wynndar
it doesnt sound like a fight...it sounds like her powers involuntarily KOd Thor.

Draco69
Thor didn't know Rogue from Eve. He was being nice.

When they fight this time, Thor isn't gonna be stupid enough to let Rogue touch him. One shot of his hammer and she's dust.

Wynndar
*Thor hits rogue in the head
*Rogue foams from the mouth, has seizure and dies

Draco69
Exactly. Rogue is Class 50. An blow from Thor's hammer has destroyed Ultrons.

sbo
Does thor have a weapon in this fight too? A huge 300 lb guy with a sledge hammer against a girl, he oughta be ashamed.

Even with the hammer, if Rogue gets some hulk strength she can take the shot IF he hits her. She's dodged things that were thrown at her before.

Draco69
Thor's hammer hit the Silver Surfer. He can go at lightspeed. Need I say more.

You're overrating Rogue.

Wynndar
i dont mean to be offensive, but rogue is a mutant hillbilly...Thor and Glad r basically cosmic level guys

sbo
If thor can move faster than the speed of light then he could beat pretty much anyone. I'd say that since he doesn't generally move at light speed then Thor hitting S Surfer was just bad writing.

sbo
Originally posted by Wynndar
i dont mean to be offensive, but rogue is a mutant hillbilly...Thor and Glad r basically cosmic level guys

Gladiator was also beaten by cannonball, who is probably the only marvel character that's more of a hick than Rogue.
Gladiator is definitely losing this fight, his track record against people with a southern drawl is not a good one.

Superherovandal
Thor cannot move at light speeds but he can teleport with Mjolnir. Plus he is alot faster than Rogue.

Draco69
That's a VERY cool sig Superherovandal!

Superherovandal
thanks found it here http://www.chez.com/theballbreaker/sprite/amalgam/amalgamsprite.htm they have sprites on a whole bunch of characters.

sbo
Why does Thor get a weapon and everyone else has to go at it bare knuckled? That's like a wrestler using a steel chair in the ring.

Even with it Rogue can still knock him out if she gets to him and i think she can do it if she gets some hulk power or takes some of Gladiator's power while he's preoccupied with hulk.

Draco69
That's like asking why does Batman get a utility belt...

Rogue can't absorb Gladiator. She tried...and failed.

One hit from either Thor or Gladiator will take her out.

sbo
When did she fight Gladiator? I didn't know she ever tried it.

One hit might knock her out, but they've got to hit her first. And if they're preoccupied with hulk she could catch them off guard.

Draco69
Gladiator was fighting the X-Men during a special. A casual slap sent her flying...and unconscious.

ONE of them can deal with Hulk. One faster than lightspeed punch and Rogue is out. Then they proceed to pummel Hulk together.

sbo
I've never seen that special, if you know the name of it let me know, i'd be interested in checking it out.

If gladiator knocked Rogue out with a punch then that doesn't mean she couldn't absorb some of his power. If the power drain just doesn't work on him then she wouldn't even try it, and just take Thor's instead.

I've seen the thread with gladiator and Hulk. and someone has some scans posted of Hulk beating gladiator unconscious so I don't think he can deal with hulk that easily.

Draco69
She kissed him. Didn't work.

Galdiator beat Silver Surfer. Hulk ain't winning.

Rogue is gonna be fried by Thor's Godwave blast.

sbo
Hulk beat Gladiator. Gladiator aint winning.

Rogue w/ Hulk's healing power can take alot of punishment. At least long enough to touch thor once.

If Gladiator can be beaten by cannonball, Hulk or Rogue w/ hulk strength have the potential to beat him.

sbo
If thor doesn't move at lightspeed there's no way he could hit SS.

If he was that fast he could've stopped Rogue from grabbing him by the face in their first encounter.

You're overrating gladiator and thor.

Draco69
Gladiator was under radiation poisoning from a conveniently placed nuclear reactor. Hulk got lucky. Gladiator was incredibly weakened.

Thor throws Rogue into a portal. Just one of the many ways Thor can beat Rogue's skanky a$$. And even if Rogue absorbs the Hulk, she ain't standing up to a godwave blast. A godwave blast destroyed a Celestial armour...

Gladiator wasn't "beat" by Cannonball. He was deflected into a building. Gladiator got out in a second and was gonna pummel Cannonball's ass when the X-Men interfered. Gladiator has beaten Silver Surfer and has stood toe-to-toe with Thanos. Rogue is a fly to him.

Draco69
Originally posted by sbo
If thor doesn't move at lightspeed there's no way he could hit SS.

If he was that fast he could've stopped Rogue from grabbing him by the face in their first encounter.

You're overrating gladiator and thor.

Overrating Gladiator and Thor? Please you're completely overrating Rogue. She's a low-level character. Thor and Gladiator rountinely fight cosmic gods and entities and win easily.

Thor's hammer can go up to speed of sound or above. Rogue ain't dodging it.

The first encounter Thor thought Rogue was a just a ordinary woman with superstrength. That's how she caught him by surprise. Never again. After all his face was two inches from her hand. How was he supposed to know she could absorb her powers?

Don't be a fanboy. It's beneath you.

sbo
Hulk's healed from everything that's ever happened to him, he's pretty much unbeatable when sufficiently pissed.

If you're in the superhero business you should know better than to let anyone get too close. He let Rogue get too close in their first encounter and he let her get too close a second time and she socked him in the face. Thor is obviously a slow learner, just like most blondes.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by sbo
Gladiator was also beaten by cannonball

You mean knocked down? Right?

cool

Draco69
Originally posted by sbo
Hulk's healed from everything that's ever happened to him, he's pretty much unbeatable when sufficiently pissed.

He isn't healing from the combined assault of Gladiator and Thor.

And how is Hulk gonna be Hulk when Rogue absorbs him?

Originally posted by sbo
If you're in the superhero business you should know better than to let anyone get too close. He let Rogue get too close in their first encounter and he let her get too close a second time and she socked him in the face. Thor is obviously a slow learner, just like most blondes.

Thor is sexist bastard. He didn't think a mere teenager would pose a threat to him. He was wrong. He learned from it.

Stop overrating Rogue.

Rogue beat Thor? laughing

sbo
Sexist bastards don't usually learn. He's the kind of guy who thinks "I'm a big bad Norseman no scrawny chick is gonna get the best of me. "
Then he gets beat again.

Draco69
You call that an arguement?

He was only "defeated" once. Not twice.

sbo
I'm multi-tasking right now, that was just the first installment of the argument, keep your shirt on.
She's drained him once, and the 2nd time he confronted her she socked him in the face. So that's twice that he's let his guard down long enough for rogue to get close to him. Thor is obviously not that bright.

Draco69
The first time Rogue was teenage girl that wasn't an apparent threat to the friggin god of thunder.

A sock in the face isn't defeat.

Thor godblasts her. End of story.

sbo
A sock in the face wasn't a defeat, I never said it was, my point was that he let her get close enough to sock him, she could have absorbed him just as easily.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by sbo
Rogue is a match for Thor, she's beaten him already.
And Hulk has beaten gladiator.

Rogue and Hulk win it.
You could easily switch up the lineup there.

Gladiator slaughters Rogue.
Thor absorbs Hulk's gamma. He's done that hasn't he? Still, he can keep Hulk busy for a minute until Gladiator's done.

Draco69
And Thor wasn't fazed. She had her gloves on. It was merely an intimidation tactic.

She won't get near enough for absorption anyway. A hammer throw, a lightening bolt, a godblast, etc.

sbo
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
You could easily switch up the lineup there.

Gladiator slaughters Rogue.
Thor absorbs Hulk's gamma. He's done that hasn't he? Still, he can keep Hulk busy for a minute until Gladiator's done.

You could switch it, but Rogue obviously isn't going to take gladiator 1 on 1 so Rogue and hulk would lose. I chose to go at it from the other angle, it's more fun arguing than agreeing with everyone..

sbo
Originally posted by Draco69
And Thor wasn't fazed. She had her gloves on. It was merely an intimidation tactic.

She won't get near enough for absorption anyway. A hammer throw, a lightening bolt, a godblast, etc.

She's gotten near him already, and that was after he already knew about his powers. Thor's problem is that he isn't cautious enough going into an encounter with Rogue. He's overconfident and so he let's his guard down.

Draco69
Originally posted by sbo
She's gotten near him already, and that was after he already knew about his powers. Thor's problem is that he isn't cautious enough going into an encounter with Rogue. He's overconfident and so he let's his guard down.

It wasn't a fight. An arguement. Huge difference. Thor knew Rogue wasn't stupid enough to try and absorb him in front of the Avengers. A flying punch at her full strength didn't even faze him. Intimidation tactic.

Overconfident? Sometimes. Stupid? Absolutely not. Thor is master at strategy and warfare. Stupid he is not.

sbo
I think when someone punches you in the face, the encounter has been elevated from argument to fight status.
And Thor still didn't distance himself from Rogue after she socked him, so he certainly doesn't appear to learn from his mistakes.

Draco69
Not for Thor. People punch each other all the time in arguement. Rogue is a fly to Thor.

You're deluding yourself.

Thor>Rogue

sbo
An argument is with words, once you start punching it's a fight.

You're bolstering my argument, the fact that thor didn't understand the weight of the situation shows that he is too hesitant when dealing with foes who are less powerful than he is.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by sbo
Rogue obviously isn't going to take gladiator 1 on 1
I don't think she can say "Sorry Sug, I wanna fight Thor"

Draco69
Your "arguement" is non-existent. Based on speculation and hopeful thinking for miracles that will never come to pass.

Let's close this thread and continue this on the Rogue vs. Thor thread.

sbo
If Hulk is already pounding on him i don't think he'll have a choice.

sbo
Originally posted by Draco69
Your "arguement" is non-existent. Based on speculation and hopeful thinking for miracles that will never come to pass.

Let's close this thread and continue this on the Rogue vs. Thor thread.

Actually my argument is based on what's been shown in the comics, yours is based on wishful thinking.

Draco69
Originally posted by sbo
Actually my argument is based on what's been shown in the comics, yours is based on wishful thinking.

Hah! You don't know the first thing about Thor. For god's sake, you said Rogue can dodge his "stone mallet"

sbo
She won't need to dodge it, thor is going to let her walk right up to him again just like he's done before.

Draco69
The above statement is worth a blatant What the f**k?

Based on your verbiage you're not a stupid person. This either stubborness or complete ignorance of the character.

Swanky-Tuna
Long term memory came with the power of Thor didn't it?

'Cause a girl that knocks you out with a touch with a white stripe in her hair is something you remember.

sbo
You're obviously just ignoring their past encounters. Sure thor has the power to beat Rogue, but they've had altercations twice, and twice he's let her take him off guard.
Why do you think it would play out any differently this time?

Draco69
You're obviously ignoring the facts. Thor=cosmic. Rogue=mutant. You're deluding yourself. And just shows you are a fanboy to the highest order.

Because Thor is in bloodlust.

sbo
Whenever anyone can't win an argument they start throwing the word "fanboy" around.
Thor=cosmic, so what. Rogue still knocked him out.

Draco69
Let's look at your avatar. Let's look at the facts. You're a fanboy. Pure and simple.

And you haven't won anything. I'm just highly amused you actually think Rogue can win. What's next on your fanboy list? Phoenix?

sbo
Are you dissin my avatar!! ?

It doesn't matter what my avatar is, my argument is valid, Rogue has beaten him before.

Draco69
Your arguement is thus: "Thor will stand completely still, not doing anything, while Rogue takes off her gloves in obvious attempts to absorb him. Rogue will somehow overpower Thor's superior strength and absorb with Thor not putting up an ounce of a struggle. Rogu wins"

Your arguement is bull.

sbo
My argument is based on what thor did in their pevious 2 encounters, Tho let her get too close.

Yours is based on what? Nothing so far.

Draco69
Your arguement is bull:

"Thor will stand completely still, not doing anything, while Rogue takes off her gloves in obvious attempts to absorb him. Rogue will somehow overpower Thor's superior strength and absorb with Thor not putting up an ounce of a struggle. Rogue wins"

Rogue loses against Shaw, Omega Red, and Domina. Thor would whip their asses.

You're making a complete fool of yourself.

AND LET'S STOP SWITCHING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN THREADS LET'S JUST KEEP IT ON MY THREAD.

If you respond to this one I will promptly ignore it.

sbo
Thor has lost to Rogue.
As they say in the comics "nuff said"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.