Explain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

killthesunlight
Now I know you all will hate me but i do not understand what the big deal is about Star Wars movies, I guess i just dont like them but please help me understand why george lucas is so great?

Mr.Deflok
Lucas isn't "great" but to a lot of people Star Wars is. It's fantastic escapism, a universe unlike ours but incredibly immersive. It has mythology, heroes, villains, beautiful women (and men) and calls out to almost everyone. It's deep, rich and full of intrigue.

I seriously hope you didn't start this thread to Troll.

Lyn
Everything he said ^^...& the music too...the music is INCREDIBLE!!

amity75
Absolutely, It's something that I've been obsessed with since I was 5 years old. Whenever I think of Star Wars it takes me back to being a kid with not a care in the world. I can understand why people ridicule it but then again, the people I know who ridicule Star Wars are the ones who come into work in the morning and rave about the previous nights soap opera on TV.

cornponious
There must be SOMETHING about star wars if someone like Joseph Campbell appreciated it so much.

corn

yerssot
it's the flanel shirts that do it for me laughing out loud

Odde Raciir
I was a kid when I saw it, but i think that if I see it for the first time at my actual age, i wouldn't like it either...
All kids love Star Wars. If you keep alive your inside kid, then you'll love it. If your kid is dead, well, it will be hard that you get hooked up...

killthesunlight
I didnt start this to dog on star wars i just wanted to know why you guys liked it. Because i'm basically the same way about Quentin Tarantino films, i just wanted to get ya'lls explanation becuase noone would ever give me one.

THANK YOU

Lyn
You're welcome...happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.