Who can survive a full supa nova blast by the Human Torch?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
Who can survive a full supa nova blast by the Human Torch?

Can Thing ?
Mindless Hulk ?
Juggernaut ?
Thor ?
Hercules ?
Gladiator ?

Xplosive
All of them, I am not sure about Thing

K3VIL
All of them, except for Thing.

colossus17
hulk,gladiator, and juggy....common guys its 1,000,000 F

K3VIL
Originally posted by colossus17
hulk,gladiator, and juggy....common guys its 1,000,000 F
Thor survived at a nuclear bomb at point blank distance, and that's a lot of heat too.

jinzin
ssssspder mane coud doo it......he'sssss soooo cool.....and he's got spder pwers 2!

armandovalles
none of them. human torch's full nova blast can get up to 4,000,000 Fahrenheit for god's sake!

Wynndar
Thor Thing and Herc would all be dead...Thing in his spikey incarnation could probably survive though. Its just really hot so i dont see why Cyttorak's magic wouldnt protect Juggernaut...It would mess up Hulk, but he would survive and regenerate...Maestro was blasted to particles and still came back so underestimatye Hulk's healing ability...Gladiator survived an explosion that created a star and would have consumed Earth's solar system if it werent contained with Skrull tech...actually he wasnt even scratched just kinda shell shocked. But im seriously not sure about the Torch's flame...he's never fully unloaded on a humanoid opponent, not even Gladiator. The main reason is probably because he would destroy everything including his friends around him. Galactus called the Torch's power "deadlier than he ever imagined"...it was right after the torch saw Galactus kill the Surfer and the Thing...he told Sue to cover up in her force field and charged Galactus saying "IM GOING NOVA!"...but Galactus killed him right after he called his power deadly. It was also stated that the Torch unleashed enough enough Nova flame to incinerate...either a moon or a hemisphere...i think hemisphere...on Exitar the Celestial in FF#400...in another issue it said he unloaded enough Nova to destroy a moon but it ended up being a dream of Reed Richards'. In #264 Torch was help prisoner and a madman was forcing him to shoot his nova flame directly into the core of the Earth; from the surface of the Earth, Torch's flame blasted straight into the core of the planet to increase the size of the Earth.

So basically, the torch's flame is pretty powerful, but he never uses it to blow away guys like Thor.

GalacticStorm
"Maestro was blasted to particles and still came back so underestimatye Hulk's healing ability"

Thats because it was a gamma bomb. It says this in the hulks handbook of the marvel universe

Wynndar
whats ur point...it still explicitely shows Maestro getting blasted to particles...gamma or not, he survived a blast that basically vaporized his ass. Do u mean that since it was gamma it recharged him somehow and helped him regenerate? cuz ive never heard that.

GalacticStorm
Id say out of all of them. Thor if he has the odinpower, gladiator juggernaut and possibly mindless hulk. As long as its justa single nova blast. Any more then theyre all done for. Juggs mystical enhancements dont make him absolutely indestructible. It is said that a blast of power enough to incinerate him on a molecular level could destroy him. This means cosmic beings from skyfather level and upwards. Cytorrak is after all skyfather level.

GalacticStorm
"whats ur point...it still explicitely shows Maestro getting blasted to particles...gamma or not, he survived a blast that basically vaporized his ass. Do u mean that since it was gamma it recharged him somehow and helped him regenerate? cuz ive never heard that."

Yeah thats exactly what im trying to say. Pick up a copy of that handbook and hav a gd read.

Wynndar
What does Odin power have to do with defense...im saying that Thor's body cannot remotely stand up to the Torch's nova flame...Im not talking about Thor deflecting it with Odin force or absorbing it with Mjolnir. Im talking about the durability of his body.

Zahit
my mother's corn bread after it's been sitting around for a week.....

GalacticStorm
"What does Odin power have to do with defense...im saying that Thor's body cannot remotely stand up to the Torch's nova flame...Im not talking about Thor deflecting it with Odin force or absorbing it with Mjolnir. Im talking about the durability of his body."

The odinpower empowers thor physically and mystically. With the odin power thor has withstood multiple nuclear blasts as you'd know if u read his comic. Those generate intense heat comparable to johnnys nova blasts. Thor has never before his gaining of the odinpower ever shown such extensive durability. Thing has knocked him out before this for christs sake!!

Wynndar
so r u refering to Thor right before he died and he was practically on par with Odin?

GalacticStorm
In my earlier post i said 'if thor has the odinpower'. Obviously a regular thor would die. But empowered he can survive IMO.

Wynndar
if he is the last incarnation of Thor, with Odin's power he would basically be on the same level as Odin, making him tougher than Thanos...basically totally invulnerable to any physical attack...Im talking about regular Thor, i agree, he would die.

armandovalles
OMG, none of them would survive except for Juggernaut! Everyone else would just melt.

GalacticStorm
"if he is the last incarnation of Thor, with Odin's power he would basically be on the same level as Odin, making him tougher than Thanos...basically totally invulnerable to any physical attack"

Ohhh so now u agree even though earlier u said:

"What does Odin power have to do with defense."

Im only joking wyn u know youre my boi! stick out tongue

Wynndar
earlier i thought u were talking about the Odin-force blast thor used on Galactus...like it was some kind of defensive technique...but now i get what ur talking about, so we do agree

Xplosive
Originally posted by Wynndar
Thor Thing and Herc would all be dead...Thing in his spikey incarnation could probably survive though. Its just really hot so i dont see why Cyttorak's magic wouldnt protect Juggernaut...It would mess up Hulk, but he would survive and regenerate...Maestro was blasted to particles and still came back so underestimatye Hulk's healing ability...Gladiator survived an explosion that created a star and would have consumed Earth's solar system if it werent contained with Skrull tech...actually he wasnt even scratched just kinda shell shocked. But im seriously not sure about the Torch's flame...he's never fully unloaded on a humanoid opponent, not even Gladiator. The main reason is probably because he would destroy everything including his friends around him. Galactus called the Torch's power "deadlier than he ever imagined"...it was right after the torch saw Galactus kill the Surfer and the Thing...he told Sue to cover up in her force field and charged Galactus saying "IM GOING NOVA!"...but Galactus killed him right after he called his power deadly. It was also stated that the Torch unleashed enough enough Nova flame to incinerate...either a moon or a hemisphere...i think hemisphere...on Exitar the Celestial in FF#400...in another issue it said he unloaded enough Nova to destroy a moon but it ended up being a dream of Reed Richards'. In #264 Torch was help prisoner and a madman was forcing him to shoot his nova flame directly into the core of the Earth; from the surface of the Earth, Torch's flame blasted straight into the core of the planet to increase the size of the Earth.

So basically, the torch's flame is pretty powerful, but he never uses it to blow away guys like Thor.

Nova would do nothing, aboslutely nothing to Gladiator or Juggernaut.
If Sue could protect herslef with force-field, I don't see Gladiator being hurt at all which surived star explosion, so pitiful Johnny nova compared to star explosion, no.
And Galactus would also be completely unfazed.

Wynndar
Galactus called it deadly...I agree about Gladiator, i dont think it would stop him either...basically, my point was the the Torch's Nova flame is written really inconsistently. Blasting right into the center of the Earth? thats pretty impressive...it would definitely anihilate most the guys on that list...but not Gladiator, his durabilty is insane.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Wynndar
Galactus called it deadly

It is deadly, but not for Galactus, it' not even a little dangerous for Galactus.

Wynndar
eh...we will never know...he could have probably damaged Galactus physical body, just like Sue did a few panel later, she blast a hole all the way through his chest. Galactus is a force of nature/fundamental presence in the MU...he cant really be harmed from physical attacks.

life is cruell
did galactus end up killing sue in that isse as well?

Wynndar
yea...well kinda...Uatu actually pulled them all out at the last moment so it the individuals getting killed were the FF members of that dimension that were sposed to be there in the first place.

K3VIL
The Thing NEVER K.O.ed Thor, armandovalles sayed it but it's not true.
The Thing is overrated in this board.
Thor showed durability like that showed while he was in possess of the Odin Force when he survived to Cosmic Power blasts from guys like Surfer, Thanos or other Heralds, he survived from being blasted from the Destroyer, that killed him through physical force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.