How did Uma get the part?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dragonpisces272
How did she get the lead role of Kill Bill? While there were many others that portrayed a usual "samurai character", I was surprised at the fact Uma Thurman came into the world of violent movies.

Fire
no idea, all I remember reading is that QT really wanted to do it with Uma, so they even prosponed the movie when Uma got pregnant

WindDancer
I think Uman and Quentin had been planning the idea for a quite awhile. If you remenber in the begining of the film the credits say something like "story by QU" (Quentin and Uma) or something like that. As far as Uma getting the part.......I believe QT considers her a "Muse".

Fire
I had an article about how it all started

think it had something to do with pulp fiction but not sure

killthesunlight
It'd make the most sense (her getting it) because she played such a good mia wallace, and no other woman he's had in his films would have fit the part like her. and i've noticed that QT uses the same actors for a lot of his films. But otherwise you could look at the angle that Tarantino wrote Jules part for Samuel so he might have written this part for Uma

rox
it goes way back to pulp fiction

Fire
haha rox agrees wiv me big grin

roundisfunny
From the IMDb:

The movie was conceived during the filming of Pulp Fiction (1994) when Tarantino would constantly tell the actress what would become the film's tagline: "Uma Thurman will Kill Bill!"

whatshisface
if you recall the scene when vincent vega asked her what the pilot was all about she said it was titled "fox force five"... "fox" as in they are a bunch of foxy women, "force" as in they are a force to reckon with and "five" as in there are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 of them. now i know that in pulp fiction it was mentioned that they were all women, but i think it was a lose basis for kill bill.

watch pulp again and tell me if i'm going crazy... the voices are getting louder confused

killthesunlight
that seems like the most logical

Fire
recall that scene could be whats...

but I think I remember uma describing the fox force ladies and I dont think they match the Kill Bill crew

JoshSquash2k4
Uma Thurman didn't break out of her shell until Pulp Fiction Came out & uma Considers Quentin to be her Director and Quentin Considers Uma to be his Actress. and Besides, how could you turn down any role from a Quentin Tarintino Movie? I know I wouldn't

MR_TiGGer
As I understand .. Q was all excited about some revenge moovie and it starts with the woman lying near death on the floor and Uma suggested what if she was in a wedding dress? and from that point Q wrote about 30 pages of the script, pretty much striaght away in the middle of filming Pulp fiction. Can't remember where I read it, I suspect the place as the "Filming compltly stopped for a year whilst Uma had the baby then got back to 'Fighting Fit' "

killthesunlight
i wonder if the parts where she was pregnant in the movie we're filmed during the time she actually was pregnant

MR_TiGGer
Doubt the insaurence ?!?!?!? (Nope I can't speel ... not with these paws) anyway doubt the insura....... cover thing would cover Uma in a delicate state on a film set would they?? Certainly authentic if it was true though.

Grrrr:-)

MR_TiGGer
Takes method acting to a new level:-)

killthesunlight
it was just something to think about... smart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.